TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

I'm so glad I found a way to get my hands on the blades when they come out ok.
(Apr. 15, 2015  5:43 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Bey Brad, I understand your viewpoint, but I have to disagree. We still don't knew exactly how easy it will be to break these apart, and the presence of KO holes on the stadium indicates that the exploded gimmick isn't intended to be the only form of victory, or the result of EVERY match. Of course, outspins are still a possibility as well. I'm thinking "attack" Beys will be more attributed to blowing up the other Bey, but the other types like stamina and defense, may not necessarily use this gimmick to win matches.

BeyBrad I also have to agree with this guy bursting might not be beyblades downfall
(Apr. 26, 2015  3:19 PM)loyd87 Wrote: did we know if the painted layer are plastic or metal?! may be it could be a thing to consider.

I'd like more clarification on this too. Are the full-coloured parts of the layer plastic or metal?

Remember, the coloured parts are actually bolted onto the clear plastic of the layer. Structurally speaking, this would be pointless unless they were metal - or unless the layer itself contained moving parts. If they were just straight-up plastic, a welded plastic-rivet system would be much more cost-effective and probably stronger too. But I guess it's possible Takara-Tomy just doesn't have the ability to produce toys that way.

The old Takara "Battle Top" game (on which Beyblade is loosely based) had metallic-coloured metal flywheels inside a clear outer layer. I wonder if this specific feature is some kind of homage to the older products? That would certainly appeal to the nostalgic collector in me.
I was like: Yay! Yay! Yay! What? They fall apart? Unhappy Disappointed.
Pretty sure they're screwed together to protect the NFC chip inside.
(Apr. 15, 2015  2:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: [Image: xbeybladeburst_bottomunderside.jpg.pages...rdvV5.webp]
[Image: xbeybladeburst_parts.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LdcbCKCnJr.webp]

I'm stepping into speculation-heavy territory, but I find both these pictures quite revealing.

For one, the white tabs on the Driver are down when the Beyblade is assembled and up when disassembled, which suggest the central part is a spring-mounted hammer of some sort.

The prongs on the Disk are thin, wide and smooth, which means nearly nothing to latch on to, and thus suggesting that the Layer will hold on through friction. The smooth angles on the edge also suggests an easy "twist-to-remove" gimmick, similar to how Plastic and Metal Fight Shooters work.

It's obviously too soon to tell either way, but I personally don't think this bodes well.

Also, the first Letter for the name of the Disk seems to be written on the Disk itself.
(Apr. 26, 2015  11:52 PM)Beylon Wrote: ...unless the layer itself contained moving parts.

(Apr. 27, 2015  12:51 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Pretty sure they're screwed together to protect the NFC chip inside.

Wishful thinking on my part. Somehow I'd come to believe the fabled NFC chip would be housed in the core - not the wheel. Sheesh. Whenever I try reaching out to this new design, cold, cruel reality rears its ugly head and drags me back to the brooding darkness of the disappointment corner.
I had been looking forward to your thoughts more than anyone else's. Bummer. Unhappy

Perhaps you're right, though; not sure what purpose the NFC chip could serve in the Layer, since it can't detect the breakaway.
(Apr. 27, 2015  6:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Perhaps you're right, though; not sure what purpose the NFC chip could serve in the Layer, since it can't detect the breakaway.

If the moving part inside the Driver can hit the Layer, as it seems it could, then that would be the point when the Burst is registered.
Beyblades can still win by outspin and knockout though. Unless the BeyLogger only wants to record the bursts ...
That's true too. It doesn't seem very clear what the NFC functionality is for.
(Apr. 27, 2015  9:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: That's true too. It doesn't seem very clear what the NFC functionality is for.

BeyLanders the Video Game?

Honestly, it could have to do with the app, mobile game, or a full-on video game (maybe for like connecting for a virtual battle- something kinda like Skylanders for iPad, I doubt they'd put in an NFC just for a console tie-in or something). Always something to consider potentially now that the NFC's purpose is a bit shadowed, haha.
(Apr. 27, 2015  8:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Beybladed can still win by outspin and knockout though. Unless the BeyLogger only wants to record the bursts ...

Outspin and knockout could be based on proximity.

NFC devices have to be close together, usually no more than a few centimetres, therefore if a beyblade falls out of that range it could be automatically registered as a "knockout".
I have a feeling NFC will be used mostly for owner information, and other stored info. We probably won't see it recording anything during battle.
(Apr. 27, 2015  10:35 PM)Naijalak Wrote: I have a feeling NFC will be used mostly for owner information, and other stored info. We probably won't see it recording anything during battle.

But at the same time, TAKARA-TOMY definitely does not want anybody owning only one Beyblade ... Would there really be a point to listing all the Beyblades an owner has inside the ranking ? When it gives no information on the rest of the parts either ?

This is why I thought it was inexistent, and then stupid, that there would be an NFC chip directly in the Layer ...

Beyonomics Wrote:Outspin and knockout could be based on proximity.

NFC devices have to be close together, usually no more than a few centimetres, therefore if a beyblade falls out of that range it could be automatically registered as a "knockout".

That would make no sense for outspin though, as the Beyblade could stop spinning in the centre, right next to the other top.

Nice to see you back and posting, by the way.
(Apr. 26, 2015  11:20 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well long time no see, wait, weren't you the guy who wrote a few Beywiki articles?

Well we only found these out a week and a half ago so good timing.

Yeah I contributed some drafts for Wolf, Elscopio, and Infinity Libra (that all received moderate to substantial editing before being published as I was a grade school student when I wrote them, and thus my writing was not very well tuned). And yeah, it's funny how I come back only right when a new series is announced.

Anyway, I really like the bey-logger idea. I hope the weight of the beyblades do not cause certain types (like stamina for instance) to become useless, as this system has a big emphasis on dismantling the blade's parts.
Seems like I'm going to get back into beyblade. I really like the idea of the beyblade bursting, and only having 3 parts, more simplistic. I also really like the stadium. Well done Takara.
(Apr. 28, 2015  12:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
Beyonomics Wrote:Outspin and knockout could be based on proximity.

That would make no sense for outspin though, as the Beyblade could stop spinning in the centre, right next to the other top.

Nice to see you back and posting, by the way.

Great point, you're right. This does not explain outspin. Potentially there could be a way to register motion, but I'm basically grasping at straws at this point. Especially considering the tops only cost 1200 yen (~12.16 CAD).

And thank you, it's been a while. I'm glad I checked up on the website.
To be honest, this looks odd and gimmicky to me... and how much do they weigh?
(Apr. 29, 2015  4:17 AM)Ocean Wrote: To be honest, this looks odd and gimmicky to me... and how much do they weigh?

We do not have any information on the weight right now, but Plastics were also primarily plastic, so the weight should not be anything new and extremely odd for Beyblade ...
THIS BRING A TEAR TO MY EYE … o(;△;)o

LIKE ZOMBIE WITH TUNE BEARING … THE BEY RETURN TO LIFE !! OR MAYBE IT NEVER STOP SPIN! AS I SAY IN PAST THE BEY IS DESTINED TO LIVE FOREVER !!

WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE WORLDBEYFRIENDS … WHAT EVER OPINION HOLDING … LET US GIVE CHANCE AND CELEBRATE OF THE RELEASE OF BEYBLADE BURST TOGETHER !!

AND NOW THE MY CHANCE IS HERE TO TAKARA HIRE ME BACK !!

THE BEY TRUE LIVE~!!

BEYBYE
BLADER DJ HAS SPOKEN!

Also, as what someone mentioned a few posts up, since the tops aren't exactly expensive, it will be interesting to see really what extent the NFC works.
BLADER DJ IS ALIVE. BEYSPIRIT IS ALIVE. THE TRUE MASTER OF THE WBO IS STILL ALIVE.
Damn! I missed the Unicorn of members!