TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(Apr. 15, 2015  2:29 PM)Kai-V Wrote: An anime and manga are already geared up for this new series! The manga comic will start on May 15th 2015, in the June edition of CoroCoro!
Ah, that explains the date listed on the Takara Tomy page next to the trailer for this. I know the CoroCoro logo was right next to it, but I didn't think to put the two together XD

If you can provide me scans and we can get a translator, I have no problem scanlating this Smile CoroCoro will probably post an ad for the manga any day now, which will show us our first glimpse of the protagonist of this series.

All-in-all, I'm pretty excited about this. I'm glad to see that Beyblade is back.

(Apr. 15, 2015  6:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote: add fireworks.

Hasbro would remove the fireworks stating that they are too dangerous to be included with a children's toy. Wut!?
Parts variety isn't any worse than any other system was in its beginnings. The system will become more complicated as time goes on.
I'm not sure the authenticity of this article, but it seems that Nelvana isn't involved with the new anime. Also it's still in the early stages, so we probably won't see it for at least another year (Not surprising, of course. The manga hasn't even begun yet)

Quote:d-rights, which is owned by Mitsubishi and Japanese advertising agency Asatsu DK (ADK), is also in the very early stages of a new Beyblade animation project. When completed, it will be distributed in Western markets by another ADK company, New York-based Sunrights.
God, those things look awful. Exploding gimmick doesn't sound skill-based at all.

Well, I'll be keeping up with these new beys every once in a while just in case something changes. Might as well since I sold all my MFB/Zero G stuff.
So question: When these things enter the competitive scene, will they be tested/allowed to be battled against MFB/Zero G Beys? Or will they be treated as something completely different than before and not used with the older ones?
Seeing as they will most likely weigh almost as much as plastics (in other words, nowhere near Metal Fight Beyblades' weights), they will have to be treated as a separate generation altogether, like it is. However, for sure, at the beginning, we can experiment and see how they do against each other, just like a few people tested Pegasis against a Wolborg MS at the beginning of Metal Fight Beyblade, but once we have seen two or three matches, we get the point of the generation clash, and we move on to treating them separately.
(Apr. 15, 2015  7:36 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: So question: When these things enter the competitive scene, will they be tested/allowed to be battled against MFB/Zero G Beys? Or will they be treated as something completely different than before and not used with the older ones?
While none of us can answer that for sure yet, there's very little chance that cross-system formats will be allowed. Not only do Metal Fight and Burst function very differently from one another, but it would also be like allowing HMS vs MFB tournaments; differences in composition would make one of the two systems noticeably overpowered.
I see. So we will just experiment with them until we get a feel of how they work, and then Just use them against each other from there on out.
I'm interested in these BeyLoggers. It's so neat, and it definitely couldn't have been done in 2008 with they BeyPointers. It looks like these things will probably stick around for the whole series this time, although it is always possible that they could go through upgrades during the course of the generation. But how the hell does this thing transfer the data through a headphone jack? Definitely cool, and it easily fixes the Andoid vs iOS problem.

Apparently the Beyblades use some sort of Near Field Communication. How in the hell? Do we have any information on this?

[Image: XE9esIG.jpg]

[Image: wgkMy3V.jpg]

[Image: qao28mE.jpg]

[Image: dgRcX4S.jpg]
Wow that was uh just wow. I pretty much feel the way Brad does. The gimmick is just awful. And they look terrible. If I saw that and didn't know what it was there was no way I would think that was a beyblade. Like at all. The style is just completely different from all the other generations (yes I know each one was different but they still have a style they all went by). These remind me of the way rubbish knockoff spinning top toys do tbh. I guess we'll see a resurgence in members though which will be good.
I can't stress how much they remind me of Infinity Nado. As for the Beylogger, it would be cool of these were to control the beyblade. I hope these don't cost too much.
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:03 PM)Ultra Wrote: Wow that was uh just wow. I pretty much feel the way Brad does. The gimmick is just awful. And they look terrible. If I saw that and didn't know what it was there was no way I would think that was a beyblade. Like at all. The style is just completely different from all the other generations (yes I know each one was different but they still have a style they all went by). These remind me of the way rubbish knockoff spinning top toys do tbh. I guess we'll see a resurgence in members though which will be good.

I get what you mean, and I will definitely admit that they are in no way visually pleasing. However I do think the gimmick is neat, even if it is just a gimmick. And like Kai-V said, if theses turn out to be rubbish Takara could easily reinvent the idea or retcon it altogether.
The names themselves, while cool seem primitive compared to MFB.
man these look nice, but its like someone watched a plastic battle where the beyblade exploded due to a loose attack ring and thought 'man if we could engineer this to happen on purpose it'd be great'. The design and gameplay is plastic centered to an extent which is great but why the burst man......
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:14 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: The names themselves, while cool seem primitive compared to MFB.

With the names, TAKARA-TOMY is actually completely correcting what was wrong with the Plastics customization. In plastics, you had to list each long part name on three or four separate lines, and for a toy that revolves around customizability, that was just inconvenient and convoluted. Now, for basically the same parts, they renamed them so that you can just call a combination with three words, like Ragnaruk Heavy Survive. The first word is the Layer, the second is the Disk, and the last is the Driver.
I know, I mean compared to MFB, but these are still good ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as if the colours determine the type.

I think an ideal custom for me is Kerbeus(Red) Heavy Survive, it seems right up my alley in theory.
Naming system is cool. Beylogger is cool. NFC-equipped Beyblades is really cool. But these are all "nice-to-haves" and none of them matter if the core gameplay is bad, as it appears to be.
One other thing I just noticed is that the launchers look so blocky and awful. The launchers from MFB weren't amazing but way better than those. The beylauncher especially looks so much worse than the original MFB version.
I actually really like the launchers! Very utilitarian looking, in a cool way.
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:29 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Naming system is cool. Beylogger is cool. NFC-equipped Beyblades is really cool. But these are all "nice-to-haves" and none of them matter if the core gameplay is bad, as it appears to be.

I can't see the WBO actually make good specific combos all because all are possible to burst apart, but I think it makes it somewhat fairer, unlike Genbull Dragoon F230CF. I'm mixed on opinion for the Beylogger, I really hope it isn't required.
Also, I guess the clear Layer is there to protect the NFC chip? Maybe that's why no metal this time. Lame.
I really hope the colours do not determine what kind of beyblade it is, as it seems both red or blue is red=balance or blue=striker, judging from the boosters and starters.
I do not think there is necessarily an NFC chip in the Beyblades. So far, all it shows is that each Blader has a BeyLogger, and you then connect that BeyLogger to your smartphone. BeyPointers also were not related to the Beyblade you used, and the ranking system does not record what Beyblade you played with either. I believe you essentially need one BeyLogger only, no matter which Beyblades you use. EDIT : After looking at all the pictures again, only the first slide of the Powerpoint presentation makes me doubt, so I am less sure ...

J.I.N.B.E.E., colours are not stuck to types, no. Do not worry.
(Apr. 15, 2015  8:32 PM)Ultra Wrote: One other thing I just noticed is that the launchers look so blocky and awful. The launchers from MFB weren't amazing but way better than those. The beylauncher especially looks so much worse than the original MFB version.

The launcher itself, to me, looks like the launchers that came with the Zero G starters (Or at least the Samurai Pegasus TT starter). As for the grips, they remind me of the grips for the original Bakuten Shoot Beyblades. For me it's a bit of a blast from the past combined with something new. The Beylauncher seems fine as well.

(Apr. 15, 2015  8:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Also, I guess the clear Layer is there to protect the NFC chip? Maybe that's why no metal this time. Lame.

I didn't consider that, but that seems pretty likely. I just want to know what the hell the NFC chip does. Perhaps it somehow knows if the Beyblade "bursts" thus helping the BeyLogger decide who won. Of course this is all just speculation though.
[Image: XE9esIG.jpg]

This seems pretty self-explanatory. Also, check out the text in the bottom-left lol