Summers Eve Showdown [London, UK 30/04/11] - Regents Park at the Bandstand

on
Hosted by
  Blitz
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Tournament is now over.

Videos -
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUseVW3oQ8
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBF2KG57...re=related

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late notice but It's that time again with a new location and no limit!

Specific info:

When: 30th of April at 11.30am until it finishes. (Be there for 11:30!)

Directions to the bandstand:
If you don't know this by now you can find the directions here -
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-March-of...ark--28221

Map of the Park -
http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/The-Regents-Park.aspx

Tournament Format: Double Elimination - (Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )
(Due to having so many people turning up to the UK events we now have to use this format as battles take a long time to process and tournaments take far too long)

This is the WBO Standard format rule book(READ IT) - http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport.
Which is available to buy on the day for £6

Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary! If you are only able to stay till a certain time, it's best that you only take part in the free battles!

Confirmed Attendees -
  • Blitz
  • LeeDraciel
  • Control_
  • Beyjun
  • Merker
  • BladeStorm
  • ThePokeBlader
  • Madmuppet98
  • Vamp69
  • Hell Kid
  • Aron101
  • Tormented
  • BeyHyperKiller
  • UltraBlader
  • Raijin
  • ManicBen
  • TheChosen1
  • Bey-Reaper
  • KillerGeminos
  • Blader5691
  • smg4life01
  • Digi-Blader
  • Saint
  • Hasan125
  • Jamie Thunder
  • theblader2011
  • -Ksb-Uchiha-
  • Blazing Dragon
  • Ahmed
  • Mephiles Dark
  • Golden Blade
  • Cappricorne
  • Repza
  • 1turk1
  • Blade King1
  • Leolon122
  • Attax 1786
  • Tarik125
  • Rentao
  • Zero
  • Small
  • Killerxd

Unconfirmed Attendees -
  • Cyber Kerberous
  • ♥
  • AdamStrike
  • Ultimate Zero
  • RAW
  • RevertedtoZero
  • Eclipse
  • a.k.a Jake

Also let us know if your able to bring a TakaraTomy/SonoKong Attack Stadium.
  • ♥ x1 (maybe)
  • ManicBen x1
  • Control_ x2
  • ThePokeBlader x1
  • Blader5691 x1

Sellers Thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Summers-...d-30-04-11

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Apr. 26, 2011  1:09 PM)aron101 Wrote: Me, ToRmEnTeD, Blitz and Manicben were at the Ready Money drinking fountain yesterday and it is a pretty long walk from the bandstand. I think people would get confused on how to get there...

Its Not That Long Just Go Where The Circle Is And Go Around Lol.
If your talking about the inner circle, then it sort of is long because your expecting people to go around. It's bigger than it looks on the map.
Man I would love to come but i live over 2 hours on the bus away form it Unhappy
put me down am coming
Well, if people dont know how to get to the Fountain, or feel they may get lost,
I could always just wait at the bandstand for a few participants and guide them to the fountain.
Its no biggie, but i wouldnt mind doing that for our less adventurous members Grin
(Apr. 27, 2011  6:08 PM)Manicben Wrote: Well, if people dont know how to get to the Fountain, or feel they may get lost,
I could always just wait at the bandstand for a few participants and guide them to the fountain.
Its no biggie, but i wouldnt mind doing that for our less adventurous members Grin
Read ThePokeBlader's post on the page before.
(Apr. 27, 2011  6:30 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2011  6:08 PM)Manicben Wrote: Well, if people dont know how to get to the Fountain, or feel they may get lost,
Read ThePokeBlader's post on the page before.

Haha, lol. I better read before i open my trap. Thanks for pointing that out.
I leave it to ThePokeBlader then. Grin
hey blitz its cappricorne can you put me in the summers eve showdown tournament on april 30.[/font][/size]
hey blitz its cappricorne can you put me in the summers eve showdown tournament on april 30.
put me down im coming
Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Has anyone heard about what happened with the jubilee line ... might not be able to come .... Crying
But i probably will come....
According to the weather forecast it will be raining both Friday and Saturday... If it does rain Friday then we will be changing the location back to the Bandstand, just a little pre-warning for everyone.
put me down im coming
(Apr. 27, 2011  10:35 PM)BeyHyperKiller Wrote: Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
Has anyone heard about what happened with the jubilee line ... might not be able to come .... Crying

Why, the jubilee line seems fine to me, just checked their calendar, no delays/engineering.
(Apr. 27, 2011  11:42 PM)Blitz Wrote: According to the weather forecast it will be raining both Friday and Saturday... If it does rain Friday then we will be changing the location back to the Bandstand, just a little pre-warning for everyone.

A couple of showers. Might see a bit of sunshine.
(Apr. 28, 2011  4:53 PM)Cyber Kerberous Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2011  10:35 PM)BeyHyperKiller Wrote: Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Why, the jubilee line seems fine to me, just checked their calendar, no delays/engineering.
Have you not seen the news? Apparently they have had lots of break downs because a part of the train come of or something like that. But now there saying they are trying to fix it before the royal wedding so now i am definitely coming.
(Apr. 27, 2011  11:42 PM)Blitz Wrote: According to the weather forecast it will be raining both Friday and Saturday... If it does rain Friday then we will be changing the location back to the Bandstand, just a little pre-warning for everyone.
I looked on yahoo weather and it says like from 12:00 to 15:00 it should be 18 degrees and sunny but i maybe wrong since most four-casts are different...
London, Great London in the search.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/
The metcafe has updated with light rain tonight and lesser so on Friday/Saturday. If it does rain on Friday of course it will be very muddy and will take at least 3 days for the rain to soaked up.

Jubilee line problems are always there, there's nothing you can do about it. The delays are minor because the last tragedy was a week or so ago. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
count me in!!!
count me in!!!
oh yh do you mind telling me if my blader passport has expired
oh yh do you mind telling me if my blader passport has expired
so can we put it to the bandstand coz if it rains light ly like Control said it will be very muddy and take 3 days for the rain to saok up completly so lets just do the bandstand
(Apr. 29, 2011  7:52 AM)TheChosen1 Wrote: so can we put it to the bandstand coz if it rains light ly like Control said it will be very muddy and take 3 days for the rain to saok up completly so lets just do the bandstand
I agree, i would of liked it to be near the Ready Money Drinks Fountain but through most of the night and afternoon it says its going to have scattered rain. Unhappy
so if its gnn have a bit of rain then that means we put it to the bandstand thats what blitz said "if it rains then we will change to bandstand"
Can we stop spamming this thread with useless speculation posts. Everything has been posted regarding weather situations already - Today on the day of the Royal Wedding there seems to be no rain, and if tomorrow the weather is parallel, then ofcourse we'll be playing on the grass by the Ready Money Drinking Fountain, if on either today or tomorrow it rains, it's the Bandstand.

I'm sure Blitz will give us a notice if we have changed to the bandstand, and what not.

Furthermore:
London, Great London in the search.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

No sign of rain today and sunny tomorrow!