Summers Eve Showdown [London, UK 30/04/11] - Regents Park at the Bandstand

on
Hosted by
  Blitz
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Tournament is now over.

Videos -
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUseVW3oQ8
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBF2KG57...re=related

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late notice but It's that time again with a new location and no limit!

Specific info:

When: 30th of April at 11.30am until it finishes. (Be there for 11:30!)

Directions to the bandstand:
If you don't know this by now you can find the directions here -
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-March-of...ark--28221

Map of the Park -
http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/The-Regents-Park.aspx

Tournament Format: Double Elimination - (Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )
(Due to having so many people turning up to the UK events we now have to use this format as battles take a long time to process and tournaments take far too long)

This is the WBO Standard format rule book(READ IT) - http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport.
Which is available to buy on the day for £6

Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary! If you are only able to stay till a certain time, it's best that you only take part in the free battles!

Confirmed Attendees -
  • Blitz
  • LeeDraciel
  • Control_
  • Beyjun
  • Merker
  • BladeStorm
  • ThePokeBlader
  • Madmuppet98
  • Vamp69
  • Hell Kid
  • Aron101
  • Tormented
  • BeyHyperKiller
  • UltraBlader
  • Raijin
  • ManicBen
  • TheChosen1
  • Bey-Reaper
  • KillerGeminos
  • Blader5691
  • smg4life01
  • Digi-Blader
  • Saint
  • Hasan125
  • Jamie Thunder
  • theblader2011
  • -Ksb-Uchiha-
  • Blazing Dragon
  • Ahmed
  • Mephiles Dark
  • Golden Blade
  • Cappricorne
  • Repza
  • 1turk1
  • Blade King1
  • Leolon122
  • Attax 1786
  • Tarik125
  • Rentao
  • Zero
  • Small
  • Killerxd

Unconfirmed Attendees -
  • Cyber Kerberous
  • ♥
  • AdamStrike
  • Ultimate Zero
  • RAW
  • RevertedtoZero
  • Eclipse
  • a.k.a Jake

Also let us know if your able to bring a TakaraTomy/SonoKong Attack Stadium.
  • ♥ x1 (maybe)
  • ManicBen x1
  • Control_ x2
  • ThePokeBlader x1
  • Blader5691 x1

Sellers Thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Summers-...d-30-04-11

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Lol
Put me down as coming. I seriously hope we manage BRR instead of DE...
Chances are really slim though...
And ill bring my attack stadium so hooray!

Btw, why the fountain this time? something wrong with bandstand, or is it 'occupied'?
Shouldn't be because I will be there alone, so you can join if you want. Eee
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:04 PM)Manicben Wrote: Btw, why the fountain this time? something wrong with bandstand, or is it 'occupied'?

It's because the area around the Bandstand gets very crowded at the weekend when the weather is nice, there is much more space for us near the Fountain.
Gotcha, very long walk to fountain, but its worth it!
Is it a concrete or grassy base? I may need to bring a mat or something...
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:27 PM)Manicben Wrote: Gotcha, very long walk to fountain, but its worth it!
Is it a concrete or grassy base? I may need to bring a mat or something...

We'll move onto the grass, but mats come in handy anyway.
Are there any shade/shelter near the fountain?
Toilet-Bush, fountain

Shelter-Clouds, fat people

Shade-Clouds, Trees

Food-Hotdog stand, cafe
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:41 PM)RAW Wrote: Toilet-Bush, fountain

Shade-Clouds, Trees

Food-Hotdog stand, cafe

I just checked the map and weblink, and there are toilets nearby. My only issue now is what if it rains.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:40 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Are there any shade/shelter near the fountain?

Theres a lot of trees for shelter/shade so we can go under them if it's too hot/sunny.
If looks like it's going to rain then we'll have to trek back to the Bandstand.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:41 PM)RAW Wrote: Toilet-Bush, fountain

Shade-Clouds, Trees

Food-Hotdog stand, cafe

Fat people was really uncalled for.
Did I touch a nerve?

Don't use the word "trek". It sounds like that we are actually going to be using energy -__-
Please put me down as a maybe, I will possibly make it with ControL_ and crew.
Very nice place, went there the other day. There are a lot of passers by but compared to the Bandstand where I also boatrided passed, it was noticeably less.

I will be bringing 2 x TT Attack Stadium. Both legal for WBO competitive play.
put me down as attending, i should be able to come this time! LOL.
but me as maybe
hate tto double post but no but my on comfired please i can comeSmile Yay and my flame byxis has arrived
Toilets are actually pretty far away from this venue. Don't really advise anyway to go in a bush, anyway.
I actually dont know if can make it on time because I live so fare away so can you chane me to maybe please.
(Apr. 22, 2011  10:21 PM)♥ Wrote: Toilets are actually pretty far away from this venue. Don't really advise anyway to go in a bush, anyway.
You mean "Don't really advise anyone ..."

I'm pretty sure the cafe/restaurant there has a toilet without you needing to actually buy something. Much like the toilet near the bandstand everyone popped into.
(Apr. 22, 2011  11:49 PM)RAW Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2011  11:27 PM)Ultimate Zero Wrote: One I live over 10 miles away so I dont know if I can come plus my family is bisy with importent things.

P.S I dident go to the bristol tournament because is good friday.

Dude 10 miles is nothing. I travel of 20 miles by bus to get to school everyday, stupid tfl. Anyway just wanted to share that.

What is wrong with peein in a bush? Not like you are peein on the grass were ppl have sit and lie on....Eee
The area is very populated during warm days; It's not recommended, just use the toilets in the restaurant.
hey can some one give me a better pic of the place and mo info coz on my map it dont say anything bout lucky driking foutain
Put me down as a maybe please Smile
im coming
(Apr. 23, 2011  9:06 AM)TheChosen1 Wrote: hey can some one give me a better pic of the place and mo info coz on my map it dont say anything bout lucky driking foutain
Read the OP, all the info is there. There's even an a red line pointing at the exact spot.
Whens the next one after this gonna be?