Suggestions for the Wiki

I think it is "difficult" enough to access the page where you can edit the mentioned templates.
Could we perhaps make it a rule to affix [system] tags to drafts? I.e. [Plastics] [HMS] [MFB]?
Would make it easier when searching, though I understand if going back and editing old thread titles is too much hassle.
Besides "Dragooon", I think the interested necessarily know what draft is an HMS, a plastic, etc. just from the name of the Beyblade.
I will admit it is a rather selfish request. It would be easier for me to find all the plastics draft threads and sort through them and see what needs doing if I could just search titles for "[PLASTICS]" haha. I'm trying to give feedback on all the drafts that are currently up in terms of what still needs doing and so forth, in an attempt to bring some enthusiasm back amongst the writers in that they can get feedback and their drafts are being read by someone, at least, and that their work is valued, as well as giving people some direction and so forth, even if that is all I can offer at this point, seeing as we can each only be working on so many drafts at once. Smile
No point to the above any more, got it all sorted now anyways.

Anyway, one thing ~Mana~ mentioned to me absolutely ages ago was that we should include images of parts in each section of an article. I think this is a great idea, it helps to break up the text as well as making writing easier by allowing less emphasis on part description if a picture is available, which in turn makes articles shorter and more convenient to read. Obviously, we need more photographs for this to work with plastics in particular, but hopefully that'll improve soon.
If you would like, I could start to help you with that process of moving images to respective sections when I get home tonight.
There would however be much less in the gallery section, where it might not even have a purpose ... Having a gallery just to show the Beyblade assembled is not worth it.

Anyway, for such 'structural' changes, we really need to wait for Kei ...
It would be good, in that case, if the gallery could be "spoilered". They are rather lengthy anyway and you have to scroll past them to get to the overall section, so I was considering suggesting that too. That said, images being repeated is still a relatively small price to pay for the benefits I noted IMO.

Well, I think we've taken a bit off his plate as it is, so he should hopefully be able to find time to pop in, if prompted.
I'd ask this in the "QATWBO" thread, but to avoid the infamous double post, aaand since my question does kinda apply more to the Beywiki. But then again, this is a suggestion thread, not a question thread ... :$

Is there a list of "completed" and still "uncompleted" MFB beyblade articles anywhere? I could write drafts, if I knew what drafts were already started/not started.

But then again you could search Confused Sorry, please just answer my question.
Nope there isn't.
Looking at the Beyblade Parts List is a big indicator though.
Yes but Insomniac's proposal has some merit because it could show which ones need updating too.
I found what I was looking for, haha. Here is a list of all the Beyblades and if they have articles up or not:

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...oduct_List

Basically see the ones that don't. Search this forum to see if anyone has a draft started. If not, make one. That's the kind of "list" I was referring to. It'd still be cool to draft a list of articles that don't have pictures though.
You essentially could make a list equivalent to my Missing Plastics/HMS list, but for MFB. However, that would be considerably long...although I am not unopposed to it
(Aug. 28, 2012  10:04 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: You essentially could make a list equivalent to my Missing Plastics/HMS list, but for MFB.

But isn't that what that list is (the link I provided). It gives a link to all the articles that are done ... so the ones that don't have a link, don't have an article yet Mystery Solved
Sorry for the bump, but in BeyWiki, should we start talking about how something performs in the Zer G meta?
We don't really have enough information to even create a competitive combinations list, let alone write about most parts. Wheels tend to have similar functions there as in BB-10, but we couldn't recommend combinations for them.
A lot more testing is required.
I think for the random booster articles we should do more. Mainly in terms of writing down the colours of the parts included in the beys since currently finding them out is a massive pain in the carp. Also note at least note in the Zero G ones that the parts from different beys make a recoloured version of the prize bey. Also for some random boosters parts from the booster can be used to create recoloured versions of other beys. E.G. from BBG-17 you can create a fully blue Guardian Reviser and an orange Samurai Ifraid (it puzzles me why they didn't include a purple samurai Wheel in there since then you could create a fully purple Ifraid too. One possible way of noting the colours would be like this:

Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Red) Q (Dark Green).
(Oct. 04, 2012  11:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: I think for the random booster articles we should do more. Mainly in terms of writing down the colours of the parts included in the beys since currently finding them out is a massive pain in the carp. Also note at least note in the Zero G ones that the parts from different beys make a recoloured version of the prize bey. Also for some random boosters parts from the booster can be used to create recoloured versions of other beys. E.G. from BBG-17 you can create a fully blue Guardian Reviser and an orange Samurai Ifraid (it puzzles me why they didn't include a purple samurai Wheel in there since then you could create a fully purple Ifraid too. One possible way of noting the colours would be like this:

Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Red) Q (Dark Green).

Absolutely agree with more detail being needed on the colours of the parts, and IIRC a lot of other members do too.
As I've said before, I also think RB articles should have overall sections describing the usefulness of the parts they contain (obviously accounting for the chance of getting useful parts, too), and not even just for people buying unopened random boosters, but to basically state how "good" of a random booster it was overall.
I just need an okay by the staff then i'll start on it. I'll do the Zero G ones first.
(Oct. 04, 2012  11:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: Also note at least note in the Zero G ones that the parts from different beys make a recoloured version of the prize bey.

This I already did when I created the Zero-G RB articles.

(Oct. 04, 2012  11:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Red) Q (Dark Green).

I'd personally prefer something that didn't segment the name.
Something at the end like (Green/Orange/-/Burgundy/Green) or (SF:Green/CrystalWGasprange/-/T:Burgundy/B:Green).

Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Burgundy) Q (Green)
Samurai Revizer SA165Q (Green/Orange/-/Burgundy/Green)
Samurai Revizer SA165Q (SF:Green/CrystalWGasprange/-/T:Burgundy/B:Green)

Edit: CrW: just realised that "Cr" is the symbol for Chromium, which might lead to confusion.
I completely agree with Nocto. Personally, for that sake, I would even write it in full length like we do with the recolours : [name] (clear red Face, yellow stickers, clear blue Crystal Wheel, clear green Track, clear grey Bottom).
(Oct. 05, 2012  2:19 AM)Nocto Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2012  11:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: Also note at least note in the Zero G ones that the parts from different beys make a recoloured version of the prize bey.

This I already did when I created the Zero-G RB articles.

You kinda did but I meant actually stating from which beys and the colour of the bey.

(Oct. 04, 2012  11:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Red) Q (Dark Green).

I'd personally prefer something that didn't segment the name.
Something at the end like (Green/Orange/-/Burgundy/Green) or (SF:Green/CrystalWGasprange/-/T:Burgundy/B:Green).

Samurai (Orange) Reviser SA165 (Burgundy) Q (Green)
Samurai Revizer SA165Q (Green/Orange/-/Burgundy/Green)
Samurai Revizer SA165Q (SF:Green/CrystalWGasprange/-/T:Burgundy/B:Green)

Edit: CrW: just realised that "Cr" is the symbol for Chromium, which might lead to confusion.

(Oct. 05, 2012  2:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I completely agree with Nocto. Personally, for that sake, I would even write it in full length like we do with the recolours : [name] (clear red Face, yellow stickers, clear blue Crystal Wheel, clear green Track, clear grey Bottom).

I assume this means I have approval to do stuff? Would I have to post a draft if I just added the colours?
As long as you follow the format I described, without breaking the Beyblades' names, it is OK to do it without drafts.