Suggestions for the Wiki

Put some photos in the wiki like some beyblade for eg galaxy pegasis you should have some photos of the parts Thank you!
What? Have you even looked at the Wiki? We already have pictures for most Beyblades! Please don't make a suggestion in the future without making sure that it isn't already on BeyWiki.
I was suggesting that we start from scratch again,
eg,for metal fight
Clear Wheels (Click to View)
Fusion Wheels (Click to View)
Spin Tracks (Click to View)
Performance Tips (Click to View)
Crystal Wheel (Click to View)
Chrome Wheels (Click to View)
4D Bottoms (Click to View)
we can write info on each part,in what it can be obtained,and we won't have to edit articles once a part looses competitiveness
I hope it's easy to understand the format and what i'm trying to say Smile
Someone suggested that recently. I don't feel it makes much sense. Would there be a separate article for each part? If so I don't feel that's a good idea.
yes,that's exactly what i meant.
one article for one part.
this will be a lot of hardwork,but a lot will be clarified-some people do get confused that some rare and common beys in random boosters are available as starters.
I'm ready to start a thread with this new format just to show what i mean,on Zero-G,only if Kai-V permits,if i can copy-paste material from the Beywiki and only after the Zero-G season ends
(Jan. 01, 2013  6:33 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: A few points-
- We cater to a huge, young audience, and by formatting our articles your way, we'd actually present incomplete articles. You can't expect each individual to know about such parts. Why, people may not even know that Samurai Ifraid are names of two different parts- which is clearly evident from the "how do I make Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS?" Questions. I hope you understand. I mean- Not everyone knows that Samurai is a part that has seen multiple releases. We write every article as if its the very first beyblade article being read by an individual. We can't expect them to be "know it alls". For people who know too much, they can simply scroll down and avoid a certain section- much easier.
- We do condense the size of articles when need be- most of the Weight Disc sections are proof.
- we already have articles systematically arranged into various categories.....

Moreover, a bey never performs. Its the various parts it contains which "perform"
We never have a "Samurai Ifraid W145CF Testing Thread", but a "W145 Testing Thread", "CF Testing Thread", etc.
As for rarity, value, etc; the overall section is sufficient...

This is in response to LeonTempestXIII's suggestion, which is pretty similar to yours. As for the Random Booster part, perhaps we can have an article on Random Boosters in general, but I still don't understand how having articles for each individual part would help with the confusion...
for example,
CF
weight,-
other info-
available in-
so that people don't get a tad confused about parts.
it was just a suggestion by the way Smile
How would there be a proper advantage over the current system that we've always used though?
All the detail for an article on a part should already be in the section for it, aside from a "released in" list that should be on the Cw/mw etc page.

Once again, there is no reason for individual part articles, it's a silly suggestion based on not understanding what articles aim to be.
Got the idea from BeyBattles.com website.They have like face bolts,clear wheels,metal wheels,etc.
anyways,forget it-
I wanted to make another suggestion-hope it'll be a valid arguement-
The BeyWiki should have .gif extension files,instead of .jpg files.
.gif shows animations.we can use it to show all sides of a specific part.top-view,beneath-view,side view,etc.
Make the animations for us then ... Simply changing the file extension will not make you able to see every side of a part ...
I'm not saying change the file extension.
Someone can make them,I'm sure about that Smile
also,I don't have that many parts to start with
It requires a lot of skills as well as a three-dimensional-image program, which nobody here has.
Beyblade wiki needs a metal fight beyblade fusion wheel list in the parts list with desriptions and one for energy rings! it also needs to review hasbro's versions of beyblades like variaties 145Wb or Ldrago destructor Lw105Lf.

Beyblade wiki also needs to review beyblades in random boosters and theyvshould give an overall review of the random booster and tell you if the beyblades in it are good.
(May. 05, 2013  3:07 PM)nupmuk Wrote: Beyblade wiki needs a metal fight beyblade fusion wheel list in the parts list with desriptions and one for energy rings! it also needs to review hasbro's versions of beyblades like variaties 145Wb or Ldrago destructor Lw105Lf.

Beyblade wiki also needs to review beyblades in random boosters and theyvshould give an overall review of the random booster and tell you if the beyblades in it are good.

We have them :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...arts_Lists

Articles take a while to process with all the editing and such. But they generally will have an add-on sub-section from TAKARA-TOMY's article (mold variation section).
Firstly it is beywiki not beyblade wiki. I know my correction of this may seem pedantic but there is another site called that. That's not the way the parts list works. We have descriptions in the articles. Granted we don't have articles for a lot of things but that's the way it works. Also i'm not sure what purpose that would serve. Why do you need a description? Surely you can just look up a picture of the beyblade? For the hasbro versions just because they're not on beywiki doesn't mean the information isn't around. People tested them when they came out. Beywiki is done through volunteers and we are severely lacking in volunteers these days so a lot of stuff is not there. There's not a lot we can do about it.

EDIT: Hadn't realised that even existed lol. Still I don't see why there would be a real need for it.
(May. 05, 2013  3:16 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(May. 05, 2013  3:07 PM)nupmuk Wrote: Beyblade wiki needs a metal fight beyblade fusion wheel list in the parts list with desriptions and one for energy rings! it also needs to review hasbro's versions of beyblades like variaties 145Wb or Ldrago destructor Lw105Lf.

We have them :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...arts_Lists

Articles take a while to process with all the editing and such. But they generally will have an add-on sub-section from TAKARA-TOMY's article (mold variation section).
OK thanks, shortly after I posted that I found the fusion wheel and energy ring list so sorry.
oh and I noticed only one of the zero g beyblades (Shinobi saramanda) has an overall, somebody should write more overall's for the zero g beyblades!
(May. 12, 2013  1:32 AM)nupmuk Wrote: OK thanks, shortly after I posted that I found the fusion wheel and energy ring list so sorry.
oh and I noticed only one of the zero g beyblades (Shinobi saramanda) has an overall, somebody should write more overall's for the zero g beyblades!

Shinobi Saramanda has way more than just an Overall section ... The parts descriptions are way more complete and they include information on the competitive performance. The other articles are just stubs with the most basic information. We are working on those drafts here in the Beywiki Project forum, as always.
(May. 12, 2013  2:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 12, 2013  1:32 AM)nupmuk Wrote: OK thanks, shortly after I posted that I found the fusion wheel and energy ring list so sorry.

Shinobi Saramanda has way more than just an Overall section ... The parts descriptions are way more complete and they include information on the competitive performance. The other articles are just stubs with the most basic information. We are working on those drafts here in the Beywiki Project forum, as always.
Your right Shinobi saramanda is pretty much complete while the others are just stubs. But don't people post drafts and they get accepted if they are up to beywikis standards, and those are not complete so would those be up to beywikis standards?
I'm not sure why I have to tell you this but here goes:

Beywiki is volunteer run and currently no one volunteers and makes drafts. There's not much we can do about that. Complaining to people does nothing. So stop it.
I have a suggestion for Beywiki, First more stadiums also some beyblade sets are not in the set's category for instance the Legend Beyblade set so that would be helpful.
(May. 20, 2013  10:41 PM)nupmuk Wrote: I have a suggestion for Beywiki, First more stadiums also some beyblade sets are not in the set's category for instance the Legend Beyblade set so that would be helpful.
Did you not read the above post?
(May. 12, 2013  1:39 PM)Ultra Wrote: I'm not sure why I have to tell you this but here goes:

Beywiki is volunteer run and currently no one volunteers and makes drafts. There's not much we can do about that. Complaining to people does nothing. So stop it.
I was not complaining it was just a suggestion and I would do that stuff myself if I knew how. I have one more suggestion that I could put on the wiki, The idea is make a page for testing results from testing threads. I could do it if someone allowed me, tell me if you think that is a good idea or not.
We have the forums for testing. Occoasionaly, "validated" results will be added to an article itself (I think there are one or two instances of this) but that is not only extremly rare, but also just not very credible to put on a wiki of any kind in most cases, because in reality there is no way to truly "validate" any results from an online community. When I was still running the Hasbro Meta thread, half of the testers basically forged results, because no one could be bothered. Granted, the real meta game has real experts who actualy care workong on it, but it doesn't remove that sad fact.

In short, test results are only used to form general ideas about competative usefulness about a bey or part, and all test results can be cited from the forums. There is no need to put them on Beywiki itself.
OK, I guess your right that people a lot of times forge the results.