State Of Tournaments

Poll: Are tournaments lacking in your area/has a decrease in participants been significant recently?

Yes
89.66%
No
10.34%
Total: 100% 58 vote(s)
Well, its school now...

I expect less events, and people, because now their outside/beyblade life becomes slightly less important. This summer, there were actually a really good amount of events. I don't think Beyblade is dying, but rather, our free time is. (No pun intended Time)

(Oct. 09, 2013  2:23 AM)Time Wrote: Maybe its because summer is over and hopefully not because beyblade is dying out, but it seems worldwide there are a lot fewer tournaments right now and a lot fewer people at the ones that do happen.
The amount of times my name works as a pun is awesome, but I'm hoping its that, but from what I've been hearing shogun steel hasn't been selling very well
(Oct. 09, 2013  2:52 AM)Time Wrote: The amount of times my name works as a pun is awesome, but I'm hoping its that, but from what I've been hearing shogun steel hasn't been selling very well

Where have you heard that?

From what I've seen in my local stores, its the usual thing with Beyblade,:

New Season/Series of Toys goes on shelves, nearly immediately gets sold out, restocks- not as popular.

That's pretty much been the situation since Metal Masters. (At least in my area).

Edit: Hope this isn't too off topic, if it is: Time, can you PM me a reply?
I don't know I think its still pretty on-topic considering it does have an effect on the state of tournaments, I called hasbro up and got them to tell me their beyblade sales for each quarter, they were constantly on the rise through q1 of 2013 and have been on a decline sense
(Oct. 09, 2013  3:21 AM)Time Wrote: I don't know I think its still pretty on-topic considering it does have an effect on the state of tournaments, I called hasbro up and got them to tell me their beyblade sales for each quarter, they were constantly on the rise through q1 of 2013 and have been on a decline sense

Sounds like HMS all over...

Hopefully, this won't affect the release of new products (Shogun Steel), and Raiders. (I don't care, I like them Tongue_out)

Did they tell you how bad the sales actually were, or just on a decline?
It could be minimal, or pretty big. Tongue_out

Hopefully, this won't be another HMS...
Yeah at my stores they are still filled with the first ones that came ( Phoenix, salamander, kraken etc.
(Oct. 09, 2013  3:21 AM)Time Wrote: I don't know I think its still pretty on-topic considering it does have an effect on the state of tournaments, I called hasbro up and got them to tell me their beyblade sales for each quarter, they were constantly on the rise through q1 of 2013 and have been on a decline sense

Well, what do you expect : there is a roof limit you reach at some point, where you cannot constantly increase your sales. It is hard to surpass several billions, so it can be a "decline" to sell several-1 billions hah.
This is going to sound really sterotypical, but Apples sales never decrease, just the slope of their sales does, Kai-v I've hope you've taken calculus and understand it to at least some extent because this won't make sense to you otherwise. What hasbro said was that their sales now have a negative slope meaning that they are actually decreasing each quarter not the rate at which they are increasing
Exactly, it means that they are selling less, but is several-1 billions really so much to panic about, if that is the case ? It is less than their boom, but the numbers might actually remain rather impressive.
(Oct. 09, 2013  2:23 AM)Time Wrote: Maybe its because summer is over and hopefully not because beyblade is dying out, but it seems worldwide there are a lot fewer tournaments right now and a lot fewer people at the ones that do happen.

There's no real reason for there to be less tournaments just because summer is over. People host tournaments on weekends, so there shouldn't be any issue. Toronto is still hosting tournaments every two or three weeks, for instance. The only reason we eventually slow down is because of the cold weather. And regarding attendance, Toronto specifically did have a rather positive summer where we saw a noticeable increase in the amount of participants due to the advertising we did online outside of the WBO. Not including AN, we were seeing upwards of 20 participants this summer, whereas in Fall 2012, we were struggling to make the minimum for a few months (which was probably partially due to the weather, but still). Summer definitely is the sweet spot for tournaments, but there isn't any reason why there can't still be some as the onset of Fall begins.
Fall is when school starts as well. Maybe that's a reason people don't attend tournaments as much. If this is true I'm sure those Bladers will start coming to tourneys again in a few weeks. I am one of these Blader, but I may not go to/host any tourneys this school year, because it is a very important year for me. That may be the case as well.
(Oct. 09, 2013  3:25 AM)Leone19 Wrote:

Sounds like HMS all over...

Hopefully, this won't affect the release of new products (Shogun Steel), and Raiders. (I don't care, I like them Tongue_out)

Did they tell you how bad the sales actually were, or just on a decline?
It could be minimal, or pretty big. Tongue_out

Hopefully, this won't be another HMS...

As has been stated previously Beyblade has become an evergreen brand for hasbro, glad you were able to understand the calculus kei and kai-v, but what I'm worried about is the ending of the main line and a focus on the side toys. Also, Maryland peaked at the br qualifier with over 40 and before that we were averaging about 20, but since, we have had a couple of times where the minimum has been barely met and are otherwise averaging below 15. Sorry if my post doesn't flow very well its been a long day and I am pretty tired.
I can see a slowdown during the holidays, but fall really seems like a great time to hold tournaments.

At least here in CT we're seeing a lot of interest in tournaments still. We just had a great one last month, Leone19 and The Supreme One are hosting this month, and I just put a proposal in for next month. Attendance has been great, and it seems interest in growing.
First off, our "hotspots" for tournaments are:

• Maryland
• Canada
• North Carolina
• Virginia
• New York
• Los Angeles (not common though)
• Puerto Rico (congrats!)
• UK (not recently though)
• India
• Indonesia
• Italy
• Michigan

Just look at the list *ginga* posted in the OP, have even half of these regions had a tournament in the last two months?
Is Indonesia really still one? In fact many of the ones on that list are outdated.
You guys will see Chicago there soon. We're already planning a November Tournament with Plastics.
(Oct. 10, 2013  12:03 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: You guys will see Chicago there soon. We're already planning a November Tournament with Plastics.
I look forward to this. Chicago is an unsettled land in Beyblade! I can't wait for this!
(Oct. 09, 2013  11:54 PM)Time Wrote: First off, our "hotspots" for tournaments are:

• Maryland
• Canada
• North Carolina
• Virginia
• New York
• Los Angeles (not common though)
• Puerto Rico (congrats!)
• UK (not recently though)
• India
• Indonesia
• Italy
• Michigan

Just look at the list *ginga* posted in the OP, have even half of these regions had a tournament in the last two months?
Yeah a bunch of those are outdated, I see these as the current hotspots for tournaments

Canada
Maryland
North Carolina
Virginia
Connecticut
Michigan
New York (Occasionally)
Italy (Occasionally)
What is your basis of being outdated? (rager)

@TD: Italy should be up there for occasionally.
Actually, Italy is planning another tournament. I believe it is "I See You!" in Naples. Also, I can't wait for Chicago to come back, although I still like Michigan more as of now XD
(Oct. 10, 2013  12:05 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: What is your basis of being outdated? (rager)

Thanks, I'll put that in my post. Sorry I haven't been on much at all lately and I'm trying to come back.
(Oct. 10, 2013  12:05 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: What is your basis of being outdated? (rager)

That the areas have not hosted a tournament in 3+ months.
CT is definitely an up and coming tournament hotspot; they have a tournament nearly every month, which is better than most states. I'm still trying to work on FL, but I'm having my doubts that we'll ever be able to get enough people together for a tournament...
Los Angeles may have a hotspot blast, we have many beybladers, problem is they sign in once, and after the tournament, they say "it was good I wanna do another" and never come back.
(Oct. 10, 2013  3:43 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: CT is definitely an up and coming tournament hotspot; they have a tournament nearly every month, which is better than most states. I'm still trying to work on FL, but I'm having my doubts that we'll ever be able to get enough people together for a tournament...
Same here, My brother can't travel across the state with me and now there is something wrong with my car. I hope we can get something worked out for florida in the future, but it doesn't look so good Uncertain