Sprite Battle, CTRLs Soul VS Coasters "R" Us VS Mystery guest?!?!?!

I don't think that's very fair to the competitors. Shouldn't you keep that to yourself?
Entry 1: It seems very white and blends to the background, I am not keen on the light grey outline on its head and wings, some pixels have been missed in the wings and left white, on the right leg, and its body don't seems to be shaded fully...

Entry 2: Red Eyes Black Dragon FTW LOL, shading on its right wing has not been done, thats all I can find...

Entry 3: shouldn't there be a fade on the shadow? the heads lower jaw seems to be miss shaded, there is a slight bit of light blue right beside the back piece which should really be darker, and 1 pixel out of place on the tentacle thing...

I would go for entry 3 as its odd but simplistic, but since I can't find much in entry 2 I'm going to give my VOTE to ENTRY 2!!!
(Aug. 01, 2011  4:50 PM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: I don't think that's very fair to the competitors. Shouldn't you keep that to yourself?
I do not mention names
(Aug. 01, 2011  5:18 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: Entry 1: It seems very white and blends to the background, I am not keen on the light grey outline on its head and wings, some pixels have been missed in the wings and left white, on the right leg, and its body don't seems to be shaded fully...

Entry 2: Red Eyes Black Dragon FTW LOL, shading on its right wing has not been done, thats all I can find...

Entry 3: shouldn't there be a fade on the shadow? the heads lower jaw seems to be miss shaded, there is a slight bit of light blue right beside the back piece which should really be darker, and [b]1 pixel out of place on the tentacle thing...
[/b]
I would go for entry 3 as its odd but simplistic, but since I can't find much in entry 2 I'm going to give my VOTE to ENTRY 2!!!
I KNEW there was somthing!
Score check!

1:1
2:5
3:0
entry 1 is the best
Entry 2. I did notice a few borders that looked a bit weird (the brown ones all over the place), but I could hardly see the border for Entry 1, and I couldn't tell what Entry 3 was until TFW zoomed in and showed all three of them.

Also, in Entry 1, there's two green pixels somewhere below the neck region that stick out oddly, I already pointed out my problem in Entry 2, and in Entry 3 I saw two brown pixels around where the psychic thing was, which, btw, I think should have been made lighter, since it sort of looks like the arms are connected
My vote is for one. I love the way it looks and its just great. The part on the wings don't bother me, but the 2 green pixels do.... kinda, but its still great!
Entry 1, definitely.

You can see great recoloring, and good shading.
Hey, when does voting end, anyway? I can't wait to see the end results
Well, I asked you to tell TFW to end it in 2 days because I was getting impatient, but whatever...
Numero uno, I love Ice Types, and that Deoxis remake is pretty cool.
I'm voting entry two...its hard to explain but i think it looks nicer Pinching_eyes_2
Defo Entry 2 It Looks Like Red Eyes B Dragon XD
Entry 3.
Entry 1 is near my dream pokemon... Why isn't it my dream pokemon? I would have like green/black and better shading.

Entry 2 would have wanted more teeth to eat with. Yu-Gi-Oh Red-Eyes malarkey going on there? I like.

Entry 3 :s

My vote goes to entry two.
Entry 1: It is a good sprite and over all I believe all of these sprites are pretty darn good. I applaud you all. However the left legs colouring is horribly off with the purple than white on the same part of it. The sprite isn't too original and I see a lot of spriters redoing a deoxys body. Those wings I believe don't suit a humanoid sprite like that and should be on a dragon type in most cases. A bit of better shading on the wings and white on a white background is kind of off putting but on the game I know it would look perfectly fine.
Entry 2: A great sprite! I love how the colour scheme somehow blends all the sprites in so well that it is hard to see which pokemon have been used but when I look closely I can start to pick them up. A bit of scratch is used which is good, I don't see too many people actually manipulating parts of the pokemon which is allowed guys and I encourage it. On the negative side the right wing isn't shaded and is sloppy compared to the other one. Its right arm is bigger than the left and because it is further away from us it should appear smaller.
Entry 3: This is a very original sprite which worked for me which is a great sign. There isn't too much I can say about it really. The light blue is out of place though under that arm and I hate those pitch black shadows which appear so often in floating sprites. Try and use a lighter colour when doing that because a shadow is usually never that shade.
Based on this I vote entry 3 (the unfortunate underdog) because the only problem was the smallest amount of shading.
I was wondering if anyone would pick up that entry 2 is practically a pokemon version of red eyes black dragon from the original YU-GI-OH! I don't like the idea of copying something, you may be getting a copy write sue from Kazuki Takahashi soon lol. I vote number 1 (even though the name is kinda corny)
I vote for entry 1. The colour suits the sprite very well and the mix of pokemon were a good choice.
(Aug. 02, 2011  10:56 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: I was wondering if anyone would pick up that entry 2 is practically a pokemon version of red eyes black dragon from the original YU-GI-OH!
People have only been discussing that through out the thread.
(Aug. 02, 2011  12:33 PM)RowDog Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2011  10:56 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: I was wondering if anyone would pick up that entry 2 is practically a pokemon version of red eyes black dragon from the original YU-GI-OH!
People have only been discussing that through out the thread.
I know that, I do have eyes to read
Sorry, this is off-topic
entry 1 no doubt
OK.

The results.... CTRL WINS!

Entry 1 was coasters, entry 2 was CTRL.

And the moment that you've all been waiting for...

entry three was...
that was made by.....
Awesome, good match Red X and CRU! Grin
That was X who posted the results...... Nah JK hes in japan now. Bought more packs.

-OFF TOPIC-
AMAZING PULLS!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My decks in the Pokemon TCG thread