Shows/movies that you hate with all your being [Please elaborate!]

(Oct. 10, 2014  12:19 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2014  12:12 AM)Echizen Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2014  11:53 PM)Crescent Wrote: Spongebob only sucks because of it new episodes. Spongebob back in 2006 was more funny then 2013 ect.

Yeah I agree with that. I liked the really early episodes like from 2002.

Yep,me too the only thing better with the newer version is probably the art .
Eh, not really for me. I grew up seeing it in similar art style. Now it waaay to bright.
This conversation is a few days old, but I missed it then and I would like to respond.

So here's a wall of text lol

I would expect it's fairly obvious I'm a big MLP fan; I've been using pony avatars off and on for a while now.

(Oct. 07, 2014  1:41 PM)PhoenixStar Wrote: I know I am going to catch fire for saying this.

I can not stand with every fiber of my being....My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic....and no I am not going to start with the name calling towards Bronies (I see enough of it on a different forum altogether)....I mean serious...if I want to play with little horses...I can think of better alternitives Wink
There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking or disliking the show. If you don't think it's worth your time to watch MLP, that's fine; it's your choice.

The writing is usually pretty good - there will be an occasional bad line or plot point that seems contrived, but for the most part it's good. The season openers and finales are nearly always double episodes (one exception), and because of their longer length, the writers can afford to stretch things out more and properly pace things out, rather than rushing to cram everything into a half-hour time slot (only 20 minutes after ad time and credits are taken into account). However, I watch the show mostly because of the characters; MLP has a huge cast of well-developed characters, with believable, often relatable personalities. The vast majority of the episodes are of the slice-of-life genre, and it's much more entertaining to watch a character that you can relate to than someone you feel little connection to. For example, the personalities of two of the main characters, Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, really fit with me. Twilight is geeky and bookish, and, despite being introverted, enjoys socializing with others. Fluttershy is, as her name would suggest, extremely introverted, to the point where encounters with other people can be extremely stressful; she is also the quietest of the six main characters. Since these characters have very similar personalities to my own (or at least share some aspects of my personality), I am more interested in episodes they take part in. I guess it's a sort of empathy with the characters that draws people to the show; with such a large cast, you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone that matches your personality - and, consequently, you have more emotional stake in that character's story.

(Oct. 08, 2014  5:52 AM)BBXcessive Wrote: i'm with you there. its pure carp. besides, from a hipster standpoint, didn't anyone know of the old school MLP? way more original. plus, from a corrupt standpoint, i think it gives totally way too much negatively provocative ideas to those people too, and it turns them into weirdos, and not the good weirdos.
Sorry, but that made me laugh; have you seen the original series? I guess you could call it "more original", since the current series borrows heavily from Greek mythology, but the original series is less "original" and more "strange". For example, the original's villains included everything from giant bees to a thing called "Squirk" to a giant wave of purple goo. Furthermore, the quality of the show itself was really bad; the writing and animation are pretty awful. The current show is far, far better, though some people watch the original episodes anyways.

Regarding the weirdos in the fandom, they are a small minority of the group; IIRC less than 10% of all bronies deal with inappropriate content. Generally, that subgroup is ignored; and, arguably, every fandom will have some people who choose to manufacture or look at the stuff, and there's really no way to avoid that aside from cranking up your web filters.

(Oct. 07, 2014  5:04 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: But yeah the amount of MLP stuff is kinda rediculous.
I can agree with this; it seems to me that a lot of pony stuff gets spammed where it really doesn't need to be. Aside from using pony-related avatars and making an occasional post, I keep the amount of MLP content I put out to a minimum, unless it's an appropriate place for it. Conversely, I don't spam Beyblade stuff on other websites not dedicated to Beyblading, unless the situation calls for it.

Basically, while My Little Pony is occasionally corny or dumb, it is equally often (or even more often) funny, heartwarming, relatable, or just straight-up awesome. Few childrens' shows deliver the level of quality MLP does, and I would argue that, in a lot of ways, it even beats out some shows aimed at much older audiences. IMO it's a feel-good show; while it does have some darker elements here and there (it would be a lame show if nothing bad ever happened), in general it's very positive.

But, most importantly, it doesn't matter whether you like the show or not. I'm not trying to turn anyone here into a brony, I'm just trying to get it off the "worst shows" list in people's minds.
(Oct. 10, 2014  10:51 PM)Cake Wrote: This conversation is a few days old, but I missed it then and I would like to respond.

So here's a wall of text lol

I would expect it's fairly obvious I'm a big MLP fan; I've been using pony avatars off and on for a while now.

(Oct. 07, 2014  1:41 PM)PhoenixStar Wrote: I know I am going to catch fire for saying this.

I can not stand with every fiber of my being....My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic....and no I am not going to start with the name calling towards Bronies (I see enough of it on a different forum altogether)....I mean serious...if I want to play with little horses...I can think of better alternitives Wink
There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking or disliking the show. If you don't think it's worth your time to watch MLP, that's fine; it's your choice.

The writing is usually pretty good - there will be an occasional bad line or plot point that seems contrived, but for the most part it's good. The season openers and finales are nearly always double episodes (one exception), and because of their longer length, the writers can afford to stretch things out more and properly pace things out, rather than rushing to cram everything into a half-hour time slot (only 20 minutes after ad time and credits are taken into account). However, I watch the show mostly because of the characters; MLP has a huge cast of well-developed characters, with believable, often relatable personalities. The vast majority of the episodes are of the slice-of-life genre, and it's much more entertaining to watch a character that you can relate to than someone you feel little connection to. For example, the personalities of two of the main characters, Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, really fit with me. Twilight is geeky and bookish, and, despite being introverted, enjoys socializing with others. Fluttershy is, as her name would suggest, extremely introverted, to the point where encounters with other people can be extremely stressful; she is also the quietest of the six main characters. Since these characters have very similar personalities to my own (or at least share some aspects of my personality), I am more interested in episodes they take part in. I guess it's a sort of empathy with the characters that draws people to the show; with such a large cast, you are pretty much guaranteed to find someone that matches your personality - and, consequently, you have more emotional stake in that character's story.

(Oct. 08, 2014  5:52 AM)BBXcessive Wrote: i'm with you there. its pure carp. besides, from a hipster standpoint, didn't anyone know of the old school MLP? way more original. plus, from a corrupt standpoint, i think it gives totally way too much negatively provocative ideas to those people too, and it turns them into weirdos, and not the good weirdos.
Sorry, but that made me laugh; have you seen the original series? I guess you could call it "more original", since the current series borrows heavily from Greek mythology, but the original series is less "original" and more "strange". For example, the original's villains included everything from giant bees to a thing called "Squirk" to a giant wave of purple goo. Furthermore, the quality of the show itself was really bad; the writing and animation are pretty awful. The current show is far, far better, though some people watch the original episodes anyways.

Regarding the weirdos in the fandom, they are a small minority of the group; IIRC less than 10% of all bronies deal with inappropriate content. Generally, that subgroup is ignored; and, arguably, every fandom will have some people who choose to manufacture or look at the stuff, and there's really no way to avoid that aside from cranking up your web filters.

(Oct. 07, 2014  5:04 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: But yeah the amount of MLP stuff is kinda rediculous.
I can agree with this; it seems to me that a lot of pony stuff gets spammed where it really doesn't need to be. Aside from using pony-related avatars and making an occasional post, I keep the amount of MLP content I put out to a minimum, unless it's an appropriate place for it. Conversely, I don't spam Beyblade stuff on other websites not dedicated to Beyblading, unless the situation calls for it.

Basically, while My Little Pony is occasionally corny or dumb, it is equally often (or even more often) funny, heartwarming, relatable, or just straight-up awesome. Few childrens' shows deliver the level of quality MLP does, and I would argue that, in a lot of ways, it even beats out some shows aimed at much older audiences. IMO it's a feel-good show; while it does have some darker elements here and there (it would be a lame show if nothing bad ever happened), in general it's very positive.

But, most importantly, it doesn't matter whether you like the show or not. I'm not trying to turn anyone here into a brony, I'm just trying to get it off the "worst shows" list in people's minds.

New MLP is good in it's own right and I enjoy the creativity and writing, it's great and I encourage MLP fans to show their love for it, but some take it to extreme or disturbing levels. My only problem is, while the art style is nice and colourful, it has those typical quick flashy animations like most modern cartoons do, carp like Johnny Test, I mean seriously what ever happened to the nice fluent animations from more older cartoons(Not saying all do but most do), I think even the older MLP has that, and if cartoons don't do that it's usually stupid CGI that never works, so we have stupid shows like Fanboy and Chum Chum.
I really don't like Friends or Scrubs. I don't see the big hype about either, I never found either funny and think they're both overrated. Kinda like any boy band ever.
Teen Titans Go, a perfect example of why so many modern cartoons suck.

It's like the Johnny Test version of Teen Titans, the comedy is lousy and cheap, the animation is ANOTHER dreadful flash animation and it's very obnoxious.
If you want to see horrible show reviews, check out Mr. Enter on youtube, he does so many reviews of good and horrible shows, heres a list of the carp he reviews the most.
Toddler Titans
Johnny Test
Modern Spongebob

Heres the stuff I personally hate.
The Day My Butt Went Psycho
Numb Chucks
Almost Naked Animals
Teletoon in general.
YTV in general.
Uncle Granpa

But not all shows are bad, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe are all good examples.
(Jan. 31, 2015  6:54 PM)King Carp Wrote: If you want to see horrible show reviews, check out Mr. Enter on youtube, he does so many reviews of good and horrible shows, heres a list of the carp he reviews the most.
Toddler Titans
Johnny Test
Modern Spongebob

Heres the stuff I personally hate.
The Day My Butt Went Psycho
Numb Chucks
Almost Naked Animals
Teletoon in general.
YTV in general.
Uncle Granpa

But not all shows are bad, Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Steven Universe are all good examples.

Yeah, I watch Mr Enter and he has many good points, he is a good reviewer.

Almost Naked Animals, I hate that show, it's not funny, it's horrible FLASH animation and horrible design and why are they ALMOST NAKED?! What is the point? It's not funny, it's disgusting and one of my most hated, though Johnny Test is still more annoying.
Please tell me there isn't actually a show called "The Day My Butt Went Psycho"...
Then again, from the sounds of it, it's made by idiots, the same type of idiots who make such foul bad shows, making Beyraiderz seem so harmless, and that's saying a lot.
I saw the bumpers for it, and oh boy, does it look stupid. The title already makes it bad, but then it's Flash animation and it has the worst plot, it's just a -7/10.
If the creators want to express their fetishes, DONT do it as a show! It's kinda like Almost Naked Animals. It looks stupid and it's another typical flash animation, ugh, I bet I'll hate this show.
What kind of stupid name is 'The Day My Butt Went Psycho'? Did the creators think that kids will laugh? It sounds stupid, it's an ugly flash cartoon with horrendous designs. It probably has immature toilet humours they spat out thinking kids will laugh at the humour.
I just saw some pictures of "The Day my Butt went Psycho" and I don't want to give it a second look. There is no way in hell I'm going to watch clips of this garbage, it's not worth my time. The character design sucks, makes my impromptu South Park/chibi character design look like a masterpiece. And there are some characters that are literal giant butts. I like toilet humor to an extent, but this show gets too thrifty with the idea. The title alone should sell it that you shouldn't watch it for longer than 2 minutes, in fact the title reminds me of when I ate a tainted Big Mac.
Gee whats the next ridiculous name for a show they could think of...'The Journey Under the Dirty Toilet'?