Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
@HR8: I definitely agree.
Basalt falls prey to fierce Attack combos like LDD combos with XF,RF or LRF(As well as strong Stamina combos).
So people just need to keep on trying ingenious and ORIGINAL combos as well as having the psychological strength to use Atack combos.
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:55 AM)Dan Wrote: Or, you know, Beat Lynx?
Why has everyone forgotten Beat? Damn it SonoKong release it!

oops sorry forgot about beat but I did say in my experience and I DONT have beat Unhappy
But there is also Vari Ares..
IKR whats wrong with sonokong I had to buy 3 more RBV7's just now to get beat lynx (I have to wait for them now Unhappy ... )
They haven't released any 4D beys IIRC

Dan could you suggest beat to the committee so they add it to the tiers list... seriously man it deserves a spot there...
Guys I'll do what I can, which is essentially what I can test or get consistent confirmation on.
Also, Raigeko, were you talking to me? Beat is anything but overused ...
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:55 AM)Dan Wrote: Or, you know, Beat Lynx?
Why has everyone forgotten Beat? Damn it SonoKong release it!

I would say Beat its to risky in a tournament situation, I find it harder to get a flower pattern then any other attack wheel. That being said I planned to use it at Bey-Freeze but instead ended up using LDD which didn't turn out well so I used Scythe for the rest of the tourney.(With the exception of one round when I was up against LLDBD145RF , so i used Basalt TH170MF). I have actually never seen beat been used but , i doubt it will be used once sonokong release it.

Travisawesome : If you look through the customization forum you will see testing on all the new parts.

(Aug. 21, 2011  12:47 AM)travisawesome Wrote: Maybe we should test the new beys that come out

yes, that COME OUT. Who knows how long it will be until a good beyblade that we can safely say beats Basalt but isn't overpowered comes out. Probably nowhere near soon enough and I don't want to have this argument on the beyblade that beats it and is way overpowered too. New bladers use Basalt as if it's they're most treasured and valued thing and the bladers who are experienced and NOT using Basalt are losing. And all of us know that wheels such as Beat Twisted and Blitz are some of the most rare wheels there are. We must rediscover something. EVERYTHING has a blind side. and that's where you get 'em.
I feel Basalt it too game controlling. What I mean by this is Basalt combos have a higher tendency of winning compared to any other metal wheel combo; Yet few combos are able to beat Basalt. For example, Tournaments in the Maryland area are mainly won by Basalt users and I wouldn't doubt any other state or country has any difference.

If Basalt was band or limited, Other combos other than Basalt Kerbex BD145CS would win. Thus creating more diversity in the beyblade metagame ; Even allowing more Attack types to be used.

Over all I feel Basalt should be limited to some combos to create SOME diversity in the metagame
Honestly I used to think Basalt should not be banned but most of the time I read posts I think what should do the following
1)Either ban basalt for a limited time and lets see what happens then to balance the meta game
2)Limit the combos NO Bd145 with basalt because it is OP OR RS/CS with Basalt
In the Maryland beyblade melee one person let me Borrow his basalt and I was basically unstoppable I got pretty far not exactly sure what round but I think I to the 5th or 6th round in a double elimination tourny.I may not be the best in maryland but basalt Bd145 really did most of the work which leads to me saying BASALT AND BD145 TOGETHER IS OP.Before I could only beat 6 people in a tourny
dont bann horogium i have him and i have 5 beys that can beat him bigbang pegasus l drago desrtoy fang leone and meteo l drago, also flame libra 100b
also the grand fusion wheel is almost just as good
Grand is nothing good..also you must be using an uncustomized Basalt because my BBP can never KO or OS Basalt with the F:D tip...Flame Libra 100 B isn't too good either
first of all as for the flame libra 100b looks are deseaving number 2 my big bang i on smash atack mode and latly im usingbasalt horogium ed125ewd
I now want it banned with a passion. The whole MW. Im actually so tired of it. After watching Blitz's Basalt free tourney my mind was changed completely. It's a better game in so many ways. MF LLD BD145RF cannot beat Basalt BD145. The plastic prevents it. A plastic to plastic collision is hardly ever going to end in a KO. I think the only thing to beat basalt BD145 is MLD CH120XF. On a good day, Beat. It is extremely underestimated. I don't think people understand HOW good this Beyblade is.

The winning combo's thread. Every single tourney either 1-3 is a Basalt combo. Even such simple combos such as an uncustomised basalt or slight variations are winning tournaments. I mean sure you could beat it if people had the guts to use an ATK type. But it is so simple to noobs get a Basalt and win? Tired of it.

MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS should be banned first. Can no one agree on that? Then we can work out other things.
IMO MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS is better as that can beat Scythe BD145EDS confidently while the BD145 variant gets about 40-50% win rates. I also find that most attack types have a harder time against TH170.
In blitz's video people are just experimenting with attack since basalt's gone. after it is gone for a few months stamina will start being heavily used again.
Here are some of my honest thoughts on basalt
Rusty- True, but its been said countless times that no attack type will get overpowered/dominate. Smile
Yeah I know Smile but I bring up the fact that when a new attack wheels is released? We would have to test against Libra and most attack wheels now'days get very high win rates against it so we won't be able to find out how good they are without basalt.
well attack wheels aren't really meant to "dominate" now are they??
tell me what the definition of the word dominate is (we already have basalt if we had another it would be terrible)..
Takara tries to keep the meta game(s) balanced and they have done a great job but they won't just come up with a wheel that would "dominate" the meta game it self (If that's what you mean)
we not only have one but 7 crazy wicked wheels that can kick a**.
if you want a metal wheel that dominates you already have basalt.
but now lots of wheels are available to us to beat it...
RustyXD
but that way wheels that are relatively great but bad against basalt would be great.....
If Basalt is banned, I'm coming back to tournaments. That's all I'm gonna say.
(Aug. 21, 2011  10:00 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Yeah I know Smile but I bring up the fact that when a new attack wheels is released? We would have to test against Libra and most attack wheels now'days get very high win rates against it so we won't be able to find out how good they are without basalt.

It doesn't matter if they dominate in testing(which they mostly do). The only thing that matters is whether they dominate in tourneys which they completely don't and never will since on the whole members are not confident with attack types and as such don't use them.
(Aug. 21, 2011  11:01 AM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2011  10:00 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Yeah I know Smile but I bring up the fact that when a new attack wheels is released? We would have to test against Libra and most attack wheels now'days get very high win rates against it so we won't be able to find out how good they are without basalt.

It doesn't matter if they dominate in testing(which they mostly do). The only thing that matters is whether they dominate in tourneys which they completely don't and never will since on the whole members are not confident with attack types and as such don't use them.

Yeah but how do we tell which is better? for example if beat got 100% win rates against Libra and so did blitz how would we know which one preforms better?
Well I think we should still test against Basalt but not use it in tourneys.
Why Ban Basalt? What about bull? BUll is being used way more than Every clearwheel, and people don't complain about it. Its like a Bull Fest in all those tourneys.Basalt may maybe heavy and all but so is bull to. Just leave it in it.
You're kidding right? Clear wheels make bearly any difference.. Basalt dominates both stamina and defence.
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:21 PM)stevebak Wrote: Why Ban Basalt? What about bull? BUll is being used way more than Every clearwheel, and people don't complain about it. Its like a Bull Fest in all those tourneys.Basalt may maybe heavy and all but so is bull to. Just leave it in it.

are u serious
Bull is a clear wheel
it doesn't do any major difference besides adding a few grams of weight
thats a stupid reason to not ban basalt
[EDIT] grr beaten by ultrablader

to the mods:
i think u guys should close this
there have been major spams of useless posts and utterly stupid reasons
and really in the end its up to u guys
i say close this thread and leave the discussion in the advanced fourm
the advance forum isn't always updated. so yeah.

(Aug. 21, 2011  11:11 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Well I think we should still test against Basalt but not use it in tourneys.

That is almost completely pointless. Why test against something you will never face? When you test, you are supposed to be realistic.
(Aug. 21, 2011  10:46 AM)Hakumen Wrote: If Basalt is banned, I'm coming back to tournaments. That's all I'm gonna say.

So you left because it is here? Sure says a lot about you and your skill...
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:26 PM)darkblader12 Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:21 PM)stevebak Wrote: Why Ban Basalt? What about bull? BUll is being used way more than Every clearwheel, and people don't complain about it. Its like a Bull Fest in all those tourneys.Basalt may maybe heavy and all but so is bull to. Just leave it in it.

are u serious
Bull is a clear wheel
it doesn't do any major difference besides adding a few grams of weight
thats a stupid reason to not ban basalt
[EDIT] grr beaten by ultrablader

to the mods:
i think u guys should close this
there have been major spams of useless posts and utterly stupid reasons
and really in the end its up to u guys
i say close this thread and leave the discussion in the advanced fourm

well if your so sure of it use Stamina And Defence combos with other clearwheels, against Bull. Even With Basalt than comeback and talk? It is not like Basalt is Almighty to. Its a certain Combo's that Work well not all Basalt Based Combo' s are a succes.