Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 19, 2011  8:15 AM)RustyXD Wrote: MF doesn't stall to well , that's what XF is for. Burn Bull AD145SD has no chance against basalt.

Temporal RF still cuts it , Beat Lynx R145RF does very well against basalt.

Tch, that's what Raigeko13 or someone said....
I have to agree with Temporal here. It is too overused and prevents creativity and straying from the part. Basalt dominates almost all defence combos and not many will stray from it. I think we should ban it for people to find other alternatives instead of thinking 'basalt, basalt, basalt'. It doesn't really matter what defence combination it is basalt usually works best (scythe can be an exception) and it is killing the metagame.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are some of us proposing to ban Basalt simply because it lacks skill. Because of a simple reason? Because its overused? There is not enough reason and power behind this to make this work? It makes no sense

When it comes to a certain extent that is killing the purpose of venturing out I believe it is a good enough reason. We don't have to have it and no one is going to want to use anything else so why not get rid of it? When it is so overused I think it is fair to get rid of it.
Of course someone will want to use something else against basalt. Plenty of stamina and attack combos, gathered since the release of basalt and now, can defeat it. Just find the results around this thread and the customisation forums and you'll see
(Aug. 18, 2011  2:11 PM)Black Wing Wrote: BurnPhoenix
Ok.But if you think about what you just stated it's irrelevent.Because if you read the whole thread you'd know that the problem isn't about Basalt being undefeatable.That isn't the problem.What the problem is that we don't the Basalt wheel problem to be magnafied.Like you go to a tournament and see numerous basalt mwheels.What we don't want happening is that a lot of inexperienced bladers taking the easy way out and ussing basalt.
but thats the thing, i was at a tournament a few weeks ago, and most of the bladers there didnt even own a basalt wheel
Then my question to everyone who is defending basalt is why do you still want it so bad?
Its obvious they need to win. Most of them are influenced by others using in tourneys and won. Too obvious. And of course they're gonna reply, "Oh thats not it, we have counters that can beat it" oh please come on get it already, Basalt is OVERPOWERED. Dont mean to nag anyone here but in MD, only 4 people have been winning frequent tourneys in a row. 1st 2nd 3rd. Its like they're just switching places lol.
Basalt is just overused not overpowered , there are many combos which can defeat basalt , but because some many people use it there is an extremely high chance that somebody will place using it. If more people were confident with attack or used it as much as any other MW it would have the same chance of winning as anything else , but I see neither of those possibility's happening.
So, I read through this long and inconsistent thread and I have come to realize a few things:
1. Many of you are too inconsistent with your thoughts
2. A lot of people are just sitting here making baseless arguements when they have not been to any tournaments to even have any idea what they are talking about
3. A lot of you are just whining rather than making any notable contributions to the thread
4. And lastly, to be completely straightforward, unfortunately, A LOT or the vast majority rather have NO idea what you are talking about.

Quite frankly, I really do think this should have stayed in the advanced forum now. I was actually trying to stick up for the non-advanced members but too many of you are being too ignorant. Posts like "don't ban it yet I haven't even gotten to use/buy it" are just completely useless.

Also, this thread is VERY annoying. In all honesty, it makes no sense. I keep seeing, "oh, it will help the metagame if Basalt is banned" but you are missing something. ALL METAGAMES ARE DIFFERENT. Where I am from, and especially where I attend tournaments, Basalt is not a big deal AT ALL. In fact, only a select few even use it. Out of hundreds of players, I can literally count on my hands how many bladers use Basalt consistently and rely on it to win. Everyone has a completely different style of play. Also, from what I can remember, Basalt has never won any tournaments in the NJ or NY areas. The closest time that almost ever occured was when I faced ArmorD-00taku. He used MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB against my MF LLD BD145LRF. I went 3-0 both times. In all honesty, with weight being the only true difference IMO, Basalt is equivalent to/just as likely to get KOed as a standard Earth Defense/Stamina combo. I never once had an issue with it when I use attackers/my proper combos and actually put effort into my matches. It will not help "the" metagame because multiple exist therefore it will help some metagames but not all. Making general statements like that is just ridiculous ignorant.

It's funny because so many people here are looking for a handicap because they can no beat it or even in a few members' cases, they can not be "respected" as they used to be with their subpar combos now that Basalt is around. Maybe if you stop being lazy and actually train, you would get better and come up with better things. You see, many people went from saying Basalt is overpowered and overused to simply being overused or they just completely hopped the fence. It seems like people are only doing what seems to be momentarily convienient for them. Also, I am seeing a lot of "Banning Basalt will give the metagame (or rather attackers) time to catch up" when in fact, it is the PLAYERS who need to be doing the catching up. There are SO MANY options out the to beat Basalt, more spefically attackers being one of the many amazing options. Yet people ignore them because, as Spin-Sonic, Deikailo, and a small few stated, they are too lazy to actual do some training.

I, and many others who actually spend time training and making viable competitive combos, more specifically attack combos, would be extremely offended if Basalt was banned. It would make the game far to easy and there would be no way to genuinely tell if the attackers are viable or efficent enough to beat the top standard of defense, which it is naturally supposed to have some trouble against. Weaker wheels like Earth and Libra would not fit the bill and would be demolished. Some may say, "the easier the better" but I personally take offense when something is made too easy for me and I am not satisfied. If I am to win a tournament or match, I want to know that if I get a perfect record, it was against top of the line combo, not some subpar, outdated garbage that will get tossed around without me even putting up a fight. It would be a waste of my time.

Banning Basalt would be pointless seeing as how its effects on metagames vary depending on the regions. A general decision wouldn't make any sense at all and it would be completely unfair. I will post my prior thoughts here later on. However, I think this should suffice for the time being.
just restrict it on tracks that would over power it
Basalt is just overused not overpowered , there are many combos which can defeat basalt , but because some many people use it there is an extremely high chance that somebody will place using it.

i TESTED Basalt Bull BD145CS and it lost to many of my Combos

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:27 PM)Bluezee Wrote: *many many things*

How come you can kill Basalt BD145 CS with MF LLD BD145 LRF?
I tried many times and it can't even win it.
Did you even check the testing in the MF LLD BD145LRF?

(Aug. 19, 2011  4:55 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:27 PM)Bluezee Wrote: *many many things*

How come you can kill Basalt BD145 CS with MF LLD BD145 LRF?
I tried many times and it can't even win it.

Because you probably don't practice enough with it to know how to use it efficiently as many people seem to have difficulties comprehending. Ask me something like that in PMs not here.
As for why I want to see Basalt stick around, I need something heavy and off balance to make my Q tip combo work. Plus I simply want to do wacky things with it.
The idea that I won't be able to use anything good that I do find really doesn't appeal to me.
That's not really a reason. It's not like it can be banned from recreational use.
I know it can't be banned from recreational use but if I find some amazing combo, I will want to use it more professionally and the idea that that might not be possible severely puts me off buying Basalt.
honestly all the people who are whining about basalt being banned and attack will dominate.....
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
I realized that the meta games are different I had to learn that the hard way (lol).
I suggest anyone who hasn't been to a tournament and is speaking for the meta game to not post about it.
that includes me I won't speak for the meta game but I will speak TO those who say basalt over powers and outclasses many wheels and parts.
I got one word
Practice!

Honesty I find it VERY easy to KO MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS with a Vulcan combo.
you know why because I practice. Now before some of you guys say this post is useless I'm gonna tell you to be quiet for a sec and listen.

the people who are posting here as bluezee said are being ignorant you can go ahead and include me in that list too. I'm speaking for myself and everyone else who has said this in the past.
read the whole thread and then talk.
I think all anyone could say has been said by now so unless anyone has something DIFFERENT to say don't post.
there must be atleast 40 posts telling us to restrict MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS.
60 to make a second format and 100 stupid reasons such as "I don't have it yet"

I'm sorry I basically repeated everything bluezee said but even after he made that post people continued to spam.

please mods close this thread or something this is CHAOS.
I'm wanting to use Basalt as an attack type...
(Aug. 19, 2011  4:27 PM)Bluezee Wrote: Also, from what I can remember, Basalt has never won any tournaments in the NJ or NY areas.
RE: [SSS][Nanuet ToyWiz, New York, 8/13/11]Clash to Capture Hades' Gates
(Aug. 14, 2011  6:19 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: 24 players. The tournament was mainly run with Basalts and Scythes. It was a lot of fun, and good practice for next week.

Not exactly. We have our fair share of Basalt winners. However, I've bolded Scythe because if we ban Basalt, there is our next problem. If anything, I believe Scythe poses a bigger threat than Basalt because Scythe has less recoil than Basalt.

If you truly want the game to be balanced out, banning Basalt won't make a difference. The game has to be shifted into giving attackers an advantage or at least an incentive to using them more frequently. This is why I am strongly for the 2 point KO rule. That means that, if during testing, Basalt (whatever parts) has a 60% OS rating, but got KO'd 40% of the time, then it is no longer advantageous.

I don't think the deck system is the end all solution because it takes out deception, mind games, counters, etc., which is also a part of being a good blader.
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:07 PM)H8R Wrote: honestly all the people who are whining about basalt being banned and attack will dominate.....
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I realized that the meta games are different I had to learn that the hard way (lol).
I suggest anyone who hasn't been to a tournament and is speaking for the meta game to not post about it.
that includes me I won't speak for the meta game but I will speak TO those who say basalt over powers and outclasses many wheels and parts.
I got one word
Practice!

Honesty I find it VERY easy to KO MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS with a Vulcan combo.
you know why because I practice. Now before some of you guys say this post is useless I'm gonna tell you to be quiet for a sec and listen.

the people who are posting here as bluezee said are being ignorant you can go ahead and include me in that list too. I'm speaking for myself and everyone else who has said this in the past.

...Erm, are you changing your stance on the matter AGAIN? I honor your opinion, and Bluezee is definitely someone who's opinion you normally take into consideration, but this thread is becoming people throwing out the same points over and over without really reading into the other side's points further than the fact that it opposes yours. It's detrimental to the discussion.

On Bluezee's point, it goes both ways. You can't judge everyone else's metagame based on NY and NJ. From what I've seen on the Advanced Forums for quite a while now, the Italians have been using attack combos regularly, yet they have issues with Basalt 230CS, so your point on separate metagames is moot. If it IS indeed banned, most regions will find a way around having to use attack, with it being a lesser-used type right? That means that someone will find good use for Libra. I honestly can't see MF-HG Libra BD145CS getting tossed around, and though I have never been to an official tournament, I still look at what's been winning, which is the basis for a lot of my arguments. Pure attack won't cut it for long, due to RB, which I've stated before. Once that happens, you will be forced to use either a counter for Basalt, or a pure Stamina type. Namely if B:D turns out to be good.
Attack is also not designed to be omnipotent. Defense is SUPPOSED to beat attack. The point of this thread is that Basalt can also be a stamina wheel. The point we're trying to make is that can be beaten with attack, however, nobody wants to use attack. That's the issue.
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:31 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:07 PM)H8R Wrote: honestly all the people who are whining about basalt being banned and attack will dominate.....
IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I got one word
Practice!

...Erm, are you changing your stance on the matter AGAIN? I honor your opinion, and Bluezee is definitely someone who's opinion you normally take into consideration, but this thread is becoming people throwing out the same points over and over without really reading into the other side's points further than the fact that it opposes yours. It's detrimental to the discussion.

On Bluezee's point, it goes both ways. You can't judge everyone else's metagame based on NY and NJ. From what I've seen on the Advanced Forums for quite a while now, the Italians have been using attack combos regularly, yet they have issues with Basalt 230CS, so your point on separate metagames is moot. If it IS indeed banned, most regions will find a way around having to use attack, with it being a lesser-used type right? That means that someone will find good use for Libra. I honestly can't see MF-HG Libra BD145CS getting tossed around, and though I have never been to an official tournament, I still look at what's been winning, which is the basis for a lot of my arguments. Pure attack won't cut it for long, due to RB, which I've stated before. Once that happens, you will be forced to use either a counter for Basalt, or a pure Stamina type. Namely if BGrin turns out to be good.
bolded:Isn't that what I said in my post
And no I din't change my opinion.
MY OPINION WAS :
Basalt can be beaten very easily but should be banned for the health of the meta game
BUT...
after people pointed out I shouldn't be talking about the meta game since I haven't been to a tourney
so I just stated that basalt can be beaten and that this thread is getting ruined
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:35 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Attack is also not designed to be omnipotent. Defense is SUPPOSED to beat attack. The point of this thread is that Basalt can also be a stamina wheel. The point we're trying to make is that can be beaten with attack, however, nobody wants to use attack. That's the issue.

yeah a few of us already got that but people just continue to post stupid stuff over and over again.
honestly MF scythe kronos BD145EDS has NO problem at all beating Basalt.
why do people think basalt beats all stamina types
You two should really cool your jets since you don't have any tournament experience with Basalt. You guys really won't be affected by this since you're not into the scene.