Should we ban Basalt?

Poll: Should any changes be made?

Do not change the rules.
62.41%
Ban the Basalt Metal Wheel entirely.
16.55%
Basalt's use should be restricted in some way (post your suggestions).
21.03%
Total: 100% 290 vote(s)
(Aug. 19, 2011  6:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote: You two should really cool your jets since you don't have any tournament experience with Basalt.

and I haven't been told that already???
I'm just saying from my testing experience scythe beats basalt...
...That's really not fair. I've contributed to the thread for a while now, and you're saying that I shouldn't say anything because I don't go to tournaments? I actually plainly stated that I'd be organizing my own once I get another BB-10. It's not all that fair to disregard our opinion due to us not having attended a tournament. Results don't lie, and the results say that Basalt is used a LOT.

As for H8R, I was asking. I wasn't sure what you meant on your mentioning Bluezee's post, as he says that it's stupid to ban Basalt. On the second point, I was actually agreeing with you, and adding on that some people, including me, have been very stubborn on actually listening.
By contributing you mean reiterating your point over and over?

Until you do attend a tournament, you don't have a decent grounding for what Basalt actually does to a metagame. Instead, it almost seems like your posts are just yelling over those that may actually know. When I say "cool your jets", it's suggesting that maybe you should listen for a bit and observe our points.
Which, by the way, I have admitted to doing? And that's kind of an exaggeration, as I haven't been only repeating one argument.

But nobody here is really changing their argument either, unless they change their minds completely. And I actually have been listening. In fact, I normally do agree with what some posts say, but also point out that a lot of ideas can go both ways. I may not have been to a tournament, but that really doesn't mean that I shouldn't be able to show my input on a given post or opinion. I'm not bashing anyone's opinion, and almost all of my posts on this thread have been directly relevant to Basalt being banned, in example, pointing out what RB can do if slapped onto Basalt, since it does much better than Jade from recent testing, and Jade managed a 95%. It's not like I'm some total ignoramus who doesn't read, I am perfectly capable of pointing something out.
Stepping away from the little scrap above^^, i personally host all the tournaments in Illinois, and what i see with the basalt wheel is that its a noob killer and just an all around Cheap blade that should be made illegal until everything gets more balanced. I've seen 5-6 year old kids come to my tourny with no sort of Legit knowledge about customization or launching technique like a decent tournament blader should and make it all the way too the finals beacuase they have basalt. Beyblade is indeed just a game as a hobby and shouldnt be taken TOO seriously but when you come all the way out to a tourny and everyone is using basalt just because it cant be stopped, there is a problem. If we banned libra right when it came out and that thing isnt as nearly as heavy as basalt whats stopping us from short term banning basalt? There are combos out there that can beat basalt but its kind of sad that you must buy ONE SPECIFIC BLADE (scythe kronos) just to stop it! Where is the balance in that?! beyblade shouldnt be about everyone buying the same blade because its this godly unstoppable beast, it should be the person with the best combination and the best launch technique. JUST SAYIN!
(Aug. 19, 2011  10:07 PM)ShortyVybe Wrote: Stepping away from the little scrap above^^, i personally host all the tournaments in Illinois, and what i see with the basalt wheel is that its a noob killer and just an all around Cheap blade that should be made illegal until everything gets more balanced. I've seen 5-6 year old kids come to my tourny with no sort of Legit knowledge about customization or launching technique like a decent tournament blader should and make it all the way too the finals beacuase they have basalt. Beyblade is indeed just a game as a hobby and shouldnt be taken TOO seriously but when you come all the way out to a tourny and everyone is using basalt just because it cant be stopped, there is a problem. If we banned libra right when it came out and that thing isnt as nearly as heavy as basalt whats stopping us from short term banning basalt? There are combos out there that can beat basalt but its kind of sad that you must buy ONE SPECIFIC BLADE (scythe kronos) just to stop it! Where is the balance in that?! beyblade shouldnt be about everyone buying the same blade because its this godly unstoppable beast, it should be the person with the best combination and the best launch technique. JUST SAYIN!
That is not exactly true. Both various stamina and attack combos are known to beat it
i have beaten Basalt with My vulcan combo but its not consistant enough were we can even count it as a basalt killer. Main Point: Basalt is too overpowered right now and until future beys come out it should be banned.
I have to disagree.
I hate to sound like this but even though people consider Basalt OP, tbh it really isn't if you think about it. Stamina beats Defense. It's just how it goes. For people who will say something like "You should be able to beat any type with any other type." No. That's how this game works. They all have a disadvantage to something else. So you have to use something against that type to beat it. You could always just make a balance combo as well, and get mediocre results. What you all are looking for is a perfect counter to Basalt.
There is none.
Nor will there most likely ever be.
Get over it, and learn to blade better. If people like Dan or deikailo can beat it so easily, why can't you? Consider it a challenge, or a competition to see if you can overcome the monster known as Basalt.
(Aug. 19, 2011  11:03 PM)Raigeko13 Wrote: I have to disagree.
I hate to sound like this but even though people consider Basalt OP, tbh it really isn't if you think about it. Stamina beats Defense. It's just how it goes. For people who will say something like "You should be able to beat any type with any other type." No. That's how this game works. They all have a disadvantage to something else. So you have to use something against that type to beat it. You could always just make a balance combo as well, and get mediocre results. What you all are looking for is a perfect counter to Basalt.
There is none.
Nor will there most likely ever be.
Get over it, and learn to blade better. If people like Dan or deikailo can beat it so easily, why can't you? Consider it a challenge, or a competition to see if you can overcome the monster known as Basalt.
That whole stamina beats defense thing doesnt work with basalt due to the fact taht basalt is a good stamina wheel when combo'ed right. were not looking for a perfect counter for him were just looking for a more balance and basalt is the only thing throwing it off. You can be a fantastic blader and still lose to basalt due to its Unreal consistancy. it should be banned for now.
Meh, you have a great point there.
But Basalt itself is not the problem necessarily Wink
It is on certain combinations! Such as MF-H Basalt ___ BD145CS/MB! Now what you said is that Basalt on stamina parts is hard to beat as well eh? Attack types. Most stamina types are quite easy to beat, unless they're on BD145 (which I can't say anything about, since idk if it would be considered a stamina part) Basalt plus BD145 in general should be banned IMO.
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 145CS
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
BD145 is what gives Basalt that mind blowing defense. The defense with those two combined is really quite OP. BD145 is not OP. Basalt is not OP. Basalt BD145 IS OP!
And that post was completely useless, as you didn't even give us a reason. ;D
Honestly, I think that it should be kept, but banned under certain conditions, like you can't use a BD145 on it and such, but otherwise keep it. If used in Hasbro, it is impossible to defeat, but since only TT stadiums are used at WBO tornuments, that means that there is possibilities. I have seen a Basalt Aquario get KO'd by a Blitz Unicorno in one single hit in a BB-10 Attack stadium. But, Basalt should be kept and banned. But Twisted may be banned, because I heard that Basalt had a gap in it, but Twisted did not... I doubt I am right, however.
(Aug. 19, 2011  11:25 PM)BXW Wrote: Honestly, I think that it should be kept, but banned under certain conditions, like you can't use a BD145 on it and such, but otherwise keep it. If used in Hasbro, it is impossible to defeat, but since only TT stadiums are used at WBO tornuments, that means that there is possibilities. I have seen a Basalt Aquario get KO'd by a Blitz Unicorno in one single hit in a BB-10 Attack stadium. But, Basalt should be kept and banned. But Twisted may be banned, because I heard that Basalt had a gap in it, but Twisted did not... I doubt I am right, however.

If they release Twisted without a gap, there should be absolutely no question of whether or not to ban it - Basalt is only not completely unstoppable BECAUSE of its gap. If what I've read and understood is to be true, that is.
Twisted has the Spiral Staircase of Death, I have no idea where you heard it didn't.
Coasters "R" Us is right. Twisted Tempo aesthetically looks the same as Basalt Horogium. You can even clearly see the Spiral Staircase still there in this video 59 seconds in.

Now I don't remember a thread indicating if Basalt has different molds or not, nor could I find anything pertaining to the topic. I noticed that when Basalt was weighed at 2:15 into the video, the scale read 47.0g which would suggest Hasbro's "Twisted" wheel is quite lighter than Takara Tomy's 47.5g - 47.8g Basalt wheels. Of course, all instruments have different sensitivities but the one in the video did record the masses of the clear wheel, track, and bottom quite accurately (+/- 0.1g) to their known values.
i still don't think it should be banned. however there was talk of a second format including pre-maximum series. i honestly do NOT see a legit reason why it should be banned other than it's hxc usage.
I say we should run a survey on Basalt for the next six or so months. We could record every time a person uses it and whether a bey with Basalt ends up in the top 3. Then we can have clear statistics to base our statistics on how overused it is and how well it is doing. I think it should be fair if over 50% of people in tournaments use Basalt and over 50% of the time it is in the top 3 we should ban it because that would be becoming a ridiculous overuse which we don't need in our tournaments.
Just a thought, but I think it can give us a lot of info for this debate.
(Aug. 20, 2011  1:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: I say we should run a survey on Basalt for the next six or so months. We could record every time a person uses it and whether a bey with Basalt ends up in the top 3. Then we can have clear statistics to base our statistics on how overused it is and how well it is doing. I think it should be fair if over 50% of people in tournaments use Basalt and over 50% of the time it is in the top 3 we should ban it because that would be becoming a ridiculous overuse which we don't need in our tournaments.

Which is slightly what I did by looking through the last few pages of the Winning Combinations topic, and knowing what each metagame seemed like in terms of Basalt-use.
(Aug. 20, 2011  2:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2011  1:57 AM)RowDog Wrote: I say we should run a survey on Basalt for the next six or so months. We could record every time a person uses it and whether a bey with Basalt ends up in the top 3. Then we can have clear statistics to base our statistics on how overused it is and how well it is doing. I think it should be fair if over 50% of people in tournaments use Basalt and over 50% of the time it is in the top 3 we should ban it because that would be becoming a ridiculous overuse which we don't need in our tournaments.

Which is slightly what I did by looking through the last few pages of the Winning Combinations topic, and knowing what each metagame seemed like in terms of Basalt-use.

Yeah!!! Basalt is good!!! It is a Winning Combination Piece!!!
And that post was completely useless, as you didn't even give us a reason.You can make the Commitee lock this,and the discussion only goes in at Advanced Forums.
MrTrippleAAA ' Wrote: Yeah!!! Basalt is good!!! It is a Winning Combination Piece!!!

Maybe we should test the new beys that come out like Jade Jupiter and see if it can trump Basalt and Twisted.
(Aug. 21, 2011  12:47 AM)travisawesome Wrote: Maybe we should test the new beys that come out like Jade Jupiter and see if it can trump Basalt and Twisted.

well Blitz has shown GREAT results against the basalt BD145 combos
I feel as though Jade should be tested for attack...
whoever has it should do so
IN my experience the combos I can "trump" Basalt with are :
Blitz Combos, MF LDD CH120XF, MF LLD BD145RF,MF MLD CH120XF and
MF Scythe Kronos BD145EDS....
Use those if you wanna beat Basalt..
but you have to practice with 'em
Or, you know, Beat Lynx?
Why has everyone forgotten Beat? Damn it SonoKong release it!
@ @ce... Which is overused.