Scavenger Hunt 2015 - until January 4th!

There's no breaking traditions: the Scavenger Hunt 2015 is on!

To those who are new to the concept, all you need to do is to achieve one of the goals or find one of the answers in the list below to gain points. Those points rank you up against other Members, and the top scorers will win physical prizes. But no worries: almost everyone ends up with Face Boosters as well!

Once you think you've found a correct answer or if you've done one of the achievements, simply send a private message to Kai-V with the proof of it. To start off, while we gauge how busy this year's Scavenger Hunt will keep us, we will not straight away let you know if the answer to a question is good. Therefore, be sure to take your time and research your answer to verify that it's correct before sending it, but you can't share answers with others!

A scoreboard will be posted at least once midway into the Scavenger Hunt period, to let you know if you need to work more to get higher. You have until January 4th 2016 11:59:59 PM EST to send your proofs of your achievements and your answers. That means that anything sent afterwards, even if it was technically achieved before January 4th, will unfortunately not count.

Without further ado, here's what you can get out of this Scavenger Hunt!

Prizes

Here are all the prizes you can win if you reach the top of the scoreboard!

• 1st-2nd Places: B-21 OR B-22 Beyblade Custom Set + Face Booster VIVID

• 3rd-4th Place: B-23 Starter Xcalibur Force Xtreme + Face Booster VIVID

• 5th Place: WBO T-Shirt (color of your choice) + Face Booster VIVID

• 6th Place: B-18 Booster Odin Central Blow + Face Booster VIVID

• 7th Place: B-29 Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel + Face Booster VIVID

• 8th Place: B-30 Starter Spriggan Spread Fusion + Face Booster VIVID

• 9th-10th Places: 3D-printed Plastic Attack Rings by Naijalak + Face Booster VIVID

Actually, who knows what Santa Claus has up its sleeves; maybe some other prizes are stuck in there! Stay tuned!

As you can see, the exclusive Face Booster VIVID [Image: faceboostervivid.png] is back on this special occasion, and you can get one if you can gather at least 8 points in this Scavenger Hunt!

Additionally, once you've gathered 3 points at least, you will automatically receive the marvelous Anniversary Face 2015!! [Image: anniversaryface2015.png]

Even if you can't reach the top 10, don't worry, you can also exchange your points for Face Boosters! Here's what's needed:

These Face Boosters will cost 6 points each.
The brand new Face Booster DRIVER will also be available for 6 Credits!

And these, 5 points each:
And even those who reach the top 10 and win physical prizes can exchange their points for Face Boosters!

Goals & Questions

As mentioned, this is the mix of achievements and questions you can answer to gain points:
  • Host or participate in at least one approved tournament (4 Points)
  • Get four (new) of your referrals to Like the official WBO Facebook Page (2 Points)
  • Earn four (new) valid referrals and have them sign up on the BeyMap where they live (3 Points)
  • Get a photograph of at least four people playing Beyblade, with a big sign saying "Happy Anniversary WBO! " (3 Points)
  • Write a sensible draft for a part not already published on Beywiki (3 Points)
  • Write an article for Beywiki about one of the World Beyblade Organization's tournaments, recounting the number of participants that attended it, who won, what format was used, etc. Of course, priority for certain events should be given to its participants, if any are still active. There are over 500 tournaments in our history though, more than enough to choose from! (2 Points)
  • Share a Beywiki article (requires proof such as a screenshot) (1 Point)
  • Share a BeyChannel video (requires proof such as screenshot) (1 Point)
  • Receive an additional, new Face (2 Points)
  • Be the first to find the "____ Face" hidden around the site each week (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: List all the Committee Members, retired and active, as well as the date on which they were added to the staff team (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: "Who once vandalized Beywiki's content?" (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: "Where does our use of 'carp' as a word filter come from?" (1 Point)
  • Find the fact on Beywiki!: "What are all the languages covered by Beywiki's database?" (1 Point)
  • Take an artistic photograph of a Beyblade and share it on social media with a link to the World Beyblade Organization. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video to Youtube discussing what you like the most about the World Beyblade Organization. If you've already done that previously, upload a video about where you imagine the World Beyblade Organization in a few years, knowing our history. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video of you trying to explain Beyblade customization to a kid younger than 5 years old. (2 Points) If you can and if you're game, add a segment right after where you try to do the same thing but to an adult. (2 Points)
  • Upload a video to Youtube showing your experience at an Official WBO Organized Play Event and post it on the WBO and share it on social media (requires proof such as a screenshot, minimum length: 2 minutes). (3 Points)
  • Upload a video to Youtube showcasing a complete BeyBattle from an Official WBO Organized Play Event with commentary from you/players regarding the match-up/outcome on the video or in the post. Post it on the WBO and share it on social media (requires proof such as a screenshot). (3 Points)
  • Upload a video showing your Beyblade workout (joke or not)! (2 points)
  • Upload an album of photos from a Official WBO Organized Play Event and post them on the WBO in the appropriate tournament thread. Example. (1 Point)
  • Post a tournament report in the appropriate event thread or in the WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts topic. (2 Points)
  • Submit a BeyChannel-ready tournament video to the WBO. Details on how to do so can be found here (Limit: one video per tournament. If you collaborate with another member in editing/shooting footage, we can potentially split the points and award two to each member). (4 Points)
  • Contribute to the Beywiki Project of the Moment: Back to the roots or any of the previous Projects of the Moment! Contributions must be substantial, such as photographs of at least five boxes for the Project of the Moment: Photograph all these boxes and put them away for good! (2 Points)
  • Find the fact on Beywiki: Name four Beyblades that only have up to 100 units released. (2 points)
  • Find the fact on Beywiki: "What months and years did each of the three Beyblade generations' toyline AND anime begin?" (3 points)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Name one account that was deleted from the World Beyblade Organization. (1 point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: "what was the quest for?" (1 point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: "What was the name of the Beyblade series that could have been released after Beyblade G Revolution?" (1 point)
  • Find the fact on worldbeyblade.org: Name two other alternative links for the World Beyblade Organization. (1 point)

Like for the prizes, we'll try to add more challenges and questions along the way. It'll be super easy to get more points, you'll see!

We'll hide the first Face shortly, be on the lookout for updates in this thread!

The rules are set, the prizes are at the end of the road; now it's up to you guys! May the best Blader Spirit win! Good luck to all of you!
(Dec. 04, 2015  10:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Upload a video of you trying to explain Beyblade customization to a kid younger than 5 years old.

This is the best. I may do this with my almost 2-year-old just for fun Smile
Hopefully I can actually find one of the hidden faces first this year. I've never really participated in any past scavenger hunts...

Time to stalk the forums endlessly looking for answers and hidden faces XD
I am the best at finding faces. Serious
Shhhh, you have plenty.
First time participating.. already got a bunch of stuff I know I'm gonna do!
(Dec. 05, 2015  1:12 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: your voice is so seductive

not now ginga gosh youre embarrassing me
(Dec. 05, 2015  12:56 AM)The Real Libra Wrote: I never did one of these, so where do I answer the question parts of the scavenger hunt.

As it is written in the first post, everything, whether the proof of an achievement or an answer, needs to be sent by private message to me.
Finals week here, but I'll find time for this! Get hyped!
Looks like it's that time of year again! Hard to believe that this will be my third time participating in the Hunt. Props to the committee for the sweet prizes. I'll probably get in on the action a little late since I have finals coming up, but I don't want to miss out on getting that 7th anniversary face at least!
Oh man I'm going to go ham on this this year. I do have a few questions though.

(Dec. 04, 2015  10:14 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
  • Contribute to the Beywiki Project of the Moment: Back to the roots or any of the previous Projects of the Moment! Contributions must be substantial, such as photographs of at least five boxes for the Project of the Moment: Photograph all these boxes and put them away for good! (2 Points)

If I finished that Wolborg 4 draft I started back when the Project of the Moment was still the Moment would it count? If not I can probably write something about Rushing Boar/Hammer Tusk. (I'll still get on finishing the Wolborg Draft once I'm on winter break though)

• Upload a video of you trying to explain Beyblade customization to a kid younger than 5 years old. (2 Points) If you can and if you're game, add a segment right after where you try to do the same thing but to an adult. (2 Points)

Can I still earn points if I just explain it to an adult? I'm pretty sure I know zero kids younger than 5 years old at this point in my life.

• Upload an album of photos from a Official WBO Organized Play Event and post them on the WBO in the appropriate tournament thread. Example. (1 Point)

What if the tournament thread is closed? I have some AN Pictures (unfortunately featuring mainly me) but I'm pretty sure the threads for those tournaments are closed. Should I just PM them to Mitsu or someone or will the threads be reopened?

• Write an article for Beywiki about one of the World Beyblade Organization's tournaments, recounting the number of participants that attended it, who won, what format was used, etc. Of course, priority for certain events should be given to its participants, if any are still active. There are over 500 tournaments in our history though, more than enough to choose from! (2 Points)

Oh man this is my jam.

How detailed do we want these to be? What exactly are you looking for? I can remember a lot of specific things about my own combos/matchups but not for other people. It would be cool if users could collaborate on the event articles.

EDIT: one last question. Is this the first face or nah?
[Image: yzZy7dF.png]
WOW! I am participating 1st time in Scavenger Hunt!!!
Definitely going to participate just to get some Faces. Smile
(Dec. 05, 2015  7:37 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Definitely going to participate just to get some Faces. Smile

I here yah I have none
@[Bey Brad] @[Kai-V] @[Kei] How do you want people to type the tournament article? As you would a regular beyblade article or more a blog type?
Any questions about the Scavenger Hunt should be directed to solely Kai-V Wink
I was actually wondering where does the tournament report go exactly, also do I PM it to you or post it in the designated location myself. Thanks! @[Kai-V]
Guys, I definitely read these threads in priority as of yesterday, no need to tag me hah.

(Dec. 05, 2015  7:55 AM)Wombat Wrote:

If I finished that Wolborg 4 draft I started back when the Project of the Moment was still the Moment would it count? If not I can probably write something about Rushing Boar/Hammer Tusk. (I'll still get on finishing the Wolborg Draft once I'm on winter break though)

It really needs to be a part draft from scratch, but if you can finish the Wolborg 4 article, that can definitely count for the second challenge in that quote.

Can I still earn points if I just explain it to an adult? I'm pretty sure I know zero kids younger than 5 years old at this point in my life.

You would only gain the two points associated to the adult part.

What if the tournament thread is closed? I have some AN Pictures (unfortunately featuring mainly me) but I'm pretty sure the threads for those tournaments are closed. Should I just PM them to Mitsu or someone or will the threads be reopened?
(Dec. 05, 2015  9:11 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I was actually wondering where does the tournament report go exactly, also do I PM it to you or post it in the designated location myself. Thanks! @[Kai-V]

Oh, it can really just be posted in the WBO Organized Play Random Thoughts topic or something like that. I realise that most of our tournament threads are moved out of reach in the archive forum, hah.

Oh man this is my jam.

How detailed do we want these to be? What exactly are you looking for? I can remember a lot of specific things about my own combos/matchups but not for other people. It would be cool if users could collaborate on the event articles.

Ideally, if tournament articles could be as detailed as possible, that would be super amazing. I know for sure you are the best person to do that, at least for events you attended.

I think there are a few obvious sections that need to be included such as :
1- date, host, number of participants, location (down to the park or venue), format all in an infobox
2- at least the top three and their winning combinations
3- a neutral summary of how the rounds went;
4- how the finals went
5- trivia ? special anecdotes

Someone asked me about this and I also told them that personal comments, shown as a series of quotes near the bottom of the article, would be great to have as well, if each person is OK with their message appearing publicly on the Beyblade Wiki.

There will probably need to be some collaboration between the attendants, so for the Scavenger Hunt, just make sure to clarify who wrote what. Ideally go for two half-articles, I suppose ?

(Dec. 05, 2015  7:55 AM)Wombat Wrote: EDIT: one last question. Is this the first face or nah?
[Image: yzZy7dF.png]

Unfortunately no, I think that is just a random picture associated with the category, hah.

(Dec. 05, 2015  9:06 PM)Absolute Wrote: @[Bey Brad] @[Kai-V] @[Kei] How do you want people to type the tournament article? As you would a regular beyblade article or more a blog type?

Definitely neutral, since these are encylopedia articles. But as I mentioned above, there could be a section at the end of the article where people are directly cited with their views on that specific tournament, what they liked, what they would have wanted to see instead, etc.
(Dec. 06, 2015  1:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Unfortunately no, I think that is just a random picture associated with the category, hah.

just do it hide a face alreadyyyyy lol

jk take ur time Smile

Thanks for the info hahaha!
(Dec. 05, 2015  9:11 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: I was actually wondering where does the tournament report go exactly, also do I PM it to you or post it in the designated location myself. Thanks! @[Kai-V]

Oh yo, so I answered this question but that was not actually part of the challenges hah. However, since tournament reports are always relevant (the good ones, at least), I added it to the list now.
I have a question regarding this
Get four (new) of your referrals to Like the official WBO Facebook Page
I have a few new (joined before the scavenger hunt) referrals who probably didnot 'like' the WBO FB page. What if i ask them to like it ?

Will that be considered valid ?

EDIT:
Completed 3 goals
- Share a Beywiki article (requires proof such as a screenshot) (1 Point)
- Share a BeyChannel video (requires proof such as screenshot) (1 Point)
- Take an artistic photograph of a Beyblade and share it on social media with a link to the World Beyblade Organization. (2 Points)Check here
https://www.facebook.com/thebeybladesport

EDIT: Upload a video to Youtube showing your experience at an Official WBO Organized Play Event and post it on the WBO and share it on social media (requires proof such as a screenshot, minimum length: 2 minutes). (3 Points)