[STD] Dragooon BD145GF: Possibly tier-list Worthy?

Poll: Dragoon BD145GF; what do you think about it?

I think it's good, definitely tier-list worthy!
48.28%
It's results against Duo stamina aren't that great, whereas it's supposed to do well against right spin stamina. It's good, though.
31.03%
Meh, it's a rather risky choice, I don't like it.
20.69%
Total: 100% 29 vote(s)
(Dec. 17, 2015  3:31 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2015  1:39 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Duo have a pretty good defense actually.

This post was useless...? But not comparatively my friend. None of the setups he had Duo on were great for defense, with the exception of Duo Aquario BD145 RSF.

Yeah, you wouldn't rely on something like Duo B:D to treat someone well defensively, by any means. Duo BD145RSF is pretty good for defense, but with the versatility and the constant usage of Dragooon BD145RDF in our game (good for stamina and defensively good too), you probably wouldn't even want to use it, haha.
Yeah, no. GF is a stupid part. Wacky.
(Dec. 17, 2015  9:34 AM)Neo Wrote: Yeah, no. GF is a stupid part. Wacky.
no, i think so, GF is most important part of this combo. GF have ability to stand even after it stop spinning thats why it can outspin BGrin based combo [which WD can't].
I guess he means it would be tough to control.. And seems like u mean LAD(Life after death) maybe..

I'm curious to know if you have actually done testings on these combos yourself or actually read my tests. GF is kind of odd to see yes, but I don't think you should be making out this combo to be bad because of it. No need to call it stupid, either.

But I can agree we can drop this. It is versatile for sure, but most Toronto bladers can agree that this year was the big year of Dragooon BD145RDF. Not only is BD145RDF Giga Flat's bad side, but it is does what this can do and generally better. KO'ing was never a big part of this combo either, so RDF having aggression isn't necessary.
(Dec. 17, 2015  1:50 PM)Mitsu Wrote:

I'm curious to know if you have actually done testings on these combos yourself or actually read my tests. GF is kind of odd to see yes, but I don't think you should be making out this combo to be bad because of it. No need to call it stupid, either.

Just voted for the poll. Never liked the high risk low reward of such a wide Plastic tip.
Don't assume I didn't look at those tests either. Never said it was bad, either. Smile

But, opinions, forums, ya know?

(Mar. 20, 2015  4:59 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: It was only some speculation. I own XF, and GF is just a little wider. From my own experience, XF is a really risky choice, even if you know how to launch it correctly.

^
(Dec. 17, 2015  12:07 PM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote: I guess he means it would be tough to control.. And seems like u mean LAD(Life after death) maybe..

yeah it's tough to control but not impossible I was able to control GF's speed, not exactly LAD. I mean GF's width [almost flat D] and able to stand even after it stop. it's hard to explain but it work very well for spin-stealer also by the way of lad BD145 is pretty bad for LAD i think something like Bahamadia Dragooon TR145GF for LAD

But I can agree we can drop this. It is versatile for sure, but most Toronto bladers can agree that this year was the big year of Dragooon BD145RDF. Not only is BD145RDF Giga Flat's bad side, but it is does what this can do and generally better. KO'ing was never a big part of this combo either, so RDF having aggression isn't necessary.

(Dec. 18, 2015  3:54 AM)Neo Wrote:

Just voted for the poll. Never liked the high risk low reward of such a wide Plastic tip.
Don't assume I didn't look at those tests either. Never said it was bad, either. Smile

But, opinions, forums, ya know?

(Mar. 20, 2015  4:59 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: It was only some speculation. I own XF, and GF is just a little wider. From my own experience, XF is a really risky choice, even if you know how to launch it correctly.

^

I agree GF is little risky but it's precision is thing that make it make CHEHEN-FIREFIRE to use it at next event
Eh, please ignore those old posts lol now my way of thinking is much improved.

Anyways lol I just wanted to say i used this combo at last event https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1335825

and it really did quite well. yes i used bahamdia over Kraken and thats because i wanted to save little time so i used same combo and changed tip to adapt to situation. also i know i didn't placed but thats because i touched stadium by mistake so i lost n tiebreaker or else it was winning
I think it would scrape a lot.
(Aug. 18, 2017  11:31 AM)Blader ZX Wrote: I think it would scrape a lot.

It doesn't if you push the disk of BD145 all the way up to the bottom Wheel. And as I said to you in the previous topic, please try to avoid posting in topics that haven't seen a reply in over a year unless you have a specific question or something substantive to contribute.
This video was made by Meow WBO and it's from April 28th 2013. This combo is really good. I think it should be on the top tier list. Smile
Never thought I would have ever seen this thread necro'd again