[SSS] [New York, New York, 8/21/11] Reality Altering Hades Upheaval

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

We're baaaaaaaack.

On April 17th 2011 we brought you the Heaven Shattering Playround Conference. Since then we've received many private messages asking when we'd go back to Central Park for another one. This Summer's end we shall answer your call and shake up reality once again! In conjunction with Toywiz and the WBO! Prepare for the.....

Reality Altering Hades Upheaval
*Cue theme*
Date: August 21st 2011 (Sunday)
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Directions:
Directions to Heckscher Playground
To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle

Times:
* Registration at David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center located at:
61 West 62 Street, New York, NY 10023
Directions and Info
Registration is between : 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
(To make thinks easier Pre-register and have your user name ready)
* Head to Heckscher Playground to set up along with practice AFTER you Register
There will be NO registration in the park as we had WiFi issues there so BE PREPARED AND COME ON TIME FOR REGISTRATION
* Official tournament starts at 2:00PM In Heckscher Park
Warning!
* If you are not registered to the WBO website with a VALID username you will not be allowed to participate in the tourney once it starts.

TO REITERATE FOR CLARITY, YOU MUST BE ON TIME FOR REGISTRATION OR YOU CANNOT ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.

As for prizes:
First place will get: 75$ to shop on Toywiz
Second place: 50$ to shop on Toywiz
Third place: 25$ to shop on Toywiz

ikmv, Armored00taku, and I are going to be your judges for this tournament as well as others who will be named at a later, likely during the startof the event. Please respect their rulings.

Format will most likely be double elimination but may change depending on the amount of attendees.
We will be using Takara Tomy Attack Stadiums We will most likely have enough but if you do bring yours MARK IT.

Let's make this a good one. We're expecting a HUGE turnout.

What? Apparently there's a showdown at the Gates of Hades? Get in on the action before the rest to play for your advantage! Check this out:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-SSS-Nanu...tes--37920

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I got lost in central park and didn't arrive to the tournament in time
From brooklyn,i didn't rain too much and they had a place for shelter if it rained so it should be fine
the tourney was fun. Had to leave early, but I made it to the 4th round. had a winning streak of 6 battles but at the 3rd and 4th rounds i was elimanated. They spelled my name wrong. Nametag has jocoolsho but THE REAL SPELLING IS jocoolshow
so who won.

i got fourth Grin
i got really far but lost on the 7th round i think, but overall was really fun.
Winners:
EstefanNicolas
zackorang1
Hydreigon.
Good job,everyone,and congrats to the winners.
Awesome tourney today.
lol. after the tournament, my brother and i realized we put minimal effort. but we only went for the fun of it. =)
Great Tournament, Horrible Weather, Surprising Winners
this tournament sounds really great.....wish i went there Unhappy
The real question is : "how many people", so we know what our new record is, hah.
i believe 88, but I might be wrong.
i heard around 85-90
Ah, we did not even break the hundred. Although it should not really be, it is disappointing to me, hah.
I think we would have been able to break 100 had the weather been definitely sunny. Although, Cye, being as gracious as he was, used his will power to push back the clouds for the first two rounds of the tournament.

Although I had a great idea for running double elimination outside of a computer, I didn't account for being dropping out early, which complicated some things. We had roughly 20 people go home and forfeit their matches over the course of the event out of impatience and intolerance to the rain. Those with true blader spirit and really cool parents stayed and played out their matches.

I am really excited that I found not one, but TWO bladers who live within 7 miles of my house. That makes this entire tournament worth it.

If you want to break 100, I think we can do that around Christmas break...
What would you guys at the top say would be the percentage of tournaments that have over 50? Or even 30??

Congrats to all the winners. We were about to cross the GWB when it started raining marble size rain. Sounded like someone was drumming on our car. Oh well. Next time!
(Aug. 22, 2011  7:03 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I think we would have been able to break 100 had the weather been definitely sunny. Although, Cye, being as gracious as he was, used his will power to push back the clouds for the first two rounds of the tournament.

Although I had a great idea for running double elimination outside of a computer, I didn't account for being dropping out early, which complicated some things. We had roughly 20 people go home and forfeit their matches over the course of the event out of impatience and intolerance to the rain. Those with true blader spirit and really cool parents stayed and played out their matches.

I am really excited that I found not one, but TWO bladers who live within 7 miles of my house. That makes this entire tournament worth it.

If you want to break 100, I think we can do that around Christmas break...

where do u live O-o
I live in Southampton on Long Island. It's a very long commute for me. I got home at 1:30am.
(Aug. 22, 2011  6:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote: I live in Southampton on Long Island. It's a very long commute for me. I got home at 1:30am.
ah i see i live at claremont parkway in bronx so i seem far away from u but one day we'll meet at a tournament or something

Edit : Thats assuming ud hang out with a 14year old Deikailo
I live in Williamsburg Va. I just got home. lol. Crai me a river for your long drive. Seriousely great job by all putting this together. Definately alot of bladers there and we had a blast. Our first tourney and definately worth it. Can't wait to find some in my neck of the woods. Either way Special thanks to Cye and all the admins there for putting up with all that had to happen. I just wish that we could have stayed for the duration. Made it to the third round and had to leave. to bad so sad for me but still was a blast. again, Well Done to all. Hey Dai, hope yer feeling ok!

out,

Pruebame
thank you to all the admins especially Dekailo, Cye, and Spiral Knight(who i had the honor of battling), although i rained(and i lost in round 6) it was an amazing day, i got the experience and i got to make some freinds who have the same burning spirit as i do. ill never forget it. my first tournament.
(Aug. 22, 2011  11:17 PM)Bazooka Wrote: Crai me a river for your long drive.
Been there, done that.
Did ant body new came to the tourament