Rubber Ball Discussion

About the beylauncher thing, I've found that pulling slowly with a light grip on the handle at first, then pulling at full speed gives you best results. I use it when launching my Scythe Kronos all the time.

I like those results. RB has plenty of usage, as can be seen. Can you/somebody else test VariAres (preferably)/Gravity Perseus CH120RB? I have a good feeling about that combo.

Wow, B : D couldn't even stay in 10/10? Unexpected.
Have you tried to launch it with the bank shot to see if it gets aggressive like cs does.
(Oct. 04, 2011  10:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: In the same way MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB can outspin, it's due to the weight rule I have discovered, and I'm thinking about writing an article on it.
Maybe duh fidjics topic?

Quote:Deep banking is quite necessary, the metal wheel needs to be revealed as much as possible in some scenarios, instant metal to metal contact at the start of the round when Basalt has maximum RPM allows Basalt (which has more weight) to reduce spin at a greater rate when at a higher RPM.
by "deep banking", you mean just an over exaggerated bank?

Quote:EDIT: might make a thread for the combo.
do it. If it gets those results against VariAres, it definitely deserves it's own topic. In my opinion at least.

Edit: Arupaeo also has a VariAres test in the OP.
that is very interesting control_ !!
so I did tests with VariAres and Blitz!

MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB(Deep banking) VS MF Blitz Unicorno S130RF(sliding shoot):
BU:7(3 OS's, 4 KO's)
BA:13( 4 KO's, 9 OS's)

MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB(Deep banking) VS MF VariAres CH120RF:
BA:15(7 KO's,8 OS's)
VA:5 (All KO's)

hmmmm?????
most of the time RB would just catch the ridge very easily..
Blitz didn't have MUCH of a hard time(although it usually couldn't pull the job off) but VariAres got KO'ed because of its recoil ..... Vari-Sad indeed XD
(Oct. 04, 2011  10:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB is an incredible balance type.

In the same way MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB can outspin, it's due to the weight rule I have discovered, and I'm thinking about writing an article on it.

uh it outspins cause MB is probably the best bottom for solo spin time and as such has a lot of stamina.
(Oct. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  10:26 PM)ControL_ Wrote: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB is an incredible balance type.

In the same way MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB can outspin, it's due to the weight rule I have discovered, and I'm thinking about writing an article on it.

uh it outspins cause MB is probably the best bottom for solo spin time and as such has a lot of stamina.
Definitely not...

MB does not have a lot of stamina, it's quite rubbish. It's due to the movement and weight reduces opponents RPM significantly.

(Oct. 05, 2011  1:22 PM)H8R Wrote: that is very interesting control_ !!
so I did tests with VariAres and Blitz!

MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB(Deep banking) VS MF Blitz Unicorno S130RF(sliding shoot):
BU:7(3 OS's, 4 KO's)
BA:13( 4 KO's, 9 OS's)

MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB(Deep banking) VS MF VariAres CH120RF:
BA:15(7 KO's,8 OS's)
VA:5 (All KO's)

hmmmm?????
most of the time RB would just catch the ridge very easily..
Blitz didn't have MUCH of a hard time(although it usually couldn't pull the job off) but VariAres got KO'ed because of its recoil ..... Vari-Sad indeed XD
I think your RB is worn, it isn't supposed to catch the TR at all!
(Oct. 05, 2011  6:44 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:

Definitely not...

MB does not have a lot of stamina, it's quite rubbish. It's due to the movement and weight reduces opponents RPM significantly.

Got any proof that it has no stamina? Cause your thing could be a load of bunk or less significant if MB is a good stamina bottom(which I think it is due to low friction.
(Oct. 05, 2011  7:00 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  6:44 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2011  5:33 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: uh it outspins cause MB is probably the best bottom for solo spin time and as such has a lot of stamina.
Definitely not...

Got any proof that it has no stamina? Cause your thing could be a load of bunk or less significant if MB is a good stamina bottom(which I think it is due to low friction.

(FACEPALM) have you had basic physics yet??? it has increased friction to a plastic tip, which is why it excels as a def. tip.... MB is Terrible in stamina just, why??? because of the INCREASED friction caused by the large contact area, as compared to an actual stamina bottom such as WD, D, SD, et cetera....

Back ON topic of RB...

I was really disappointed with RB, It really isn't that hard to KO over MB, CS (depending on wear and mold), RSF... You'll find if you increase your tests to 20-50 battles instead of 10 (as Kei has stated many times) you'll get a much more accurate picture of real performance or better yet 100 battles... plus solo tests are never the same as PvP tests...

If you have the time, or suffer from insomnia like me lol, try a 100 battle test and see just how different your win % is than what the current paradigm says...

Overall I would say its def. near top tier, but not quite there due to the lack of stamina... near any attack combo can TS for the OS.

Although I do agree that MF-H Hell__BD145RB to be my favorite RB combo, which coincidentally also had the most stamina out of what I tested.

My Humble opinion...
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:51 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: (FACEPALM) have you had basic physics yet??? it has increased friction to a plastic tip, which is why it excels as a def. tip.... MB is Terrible in stamina just, why??? because of the INCREASED friction caused by the large contact area, as compared to an actual stamina bottom such as WD, D, SD, et cetera....

If you really knew about basic physics, metal has a smaller friction factor than plastic ...
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:11 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  2:51 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: (FACEPALM) have you had basic physics yet??? it has increased friction to a plastic tip, which is why it excels as a def. tip.... MB is Terrible in stamina just, why??? because of the INCREASED friction caused by the large contact area, as compared to an actual stamina bottom such as WD, D, SD, et cetera....

If you really knew about basic physics, metal has a smaller friction factor than plastic ...

yes... proofing may help in the future... meant plastic stamina tips WD/D etc.. which is why I later talked about contact surface area.
I'd like to second ControL_'s post about MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 RB. It's a great combo. I've been doing personal tests on this for the past month, and it's worked wonders.

So far, the only downfall to this combo would be against an extremely calm CS, which is hard to come by anyway. I was thinking of trying it out for the upcoming tournament on Oct 23rd, that is until the cat is out of the bag already. *sigh* hahaha
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:20 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Hence why MF is faster than F.

Friction has nothing to do with that.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:53 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Well then please explain why, because in 9th Grade you dont get Physics. Unhappy
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:56 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:53 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:

Well then please explain why, because in 9th Grade you dont get Physics. Unhappy

I actually made a topic about it a while ago, haha.
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:58 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:56 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2011  3:53 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Friction has nothing to do with that.

I actually made a topic about it a while ago, haha.

Got a link?
Wouldn't movement depend on traction, not friction..?
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:13 AM)Dan Wrote: Wouldn't movement depend on traction, not friction..?

There is not much actually pulling on a spinning top besides gravity downwards. All launches are usually the same too, which would be one of the only sources of traction. Even if launches vary, let us think that they do not : there is still a huge difference in performance, and that has to do with tip friction and shape, among other minor factors.
Alrighty.
I just remember a while back there was a topic/argument over this, I could be wrong but I remember something like that.. :V
(Oct. 05, 2011  6:44 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I think your RB is worn, it isn't supposed to catch the TR at all!

what I meant is that it had grip and stopped at the ridge as soon as it would be hit
Left spin VariAres should be more effective than a right spin Blitz against rubber based bottoms, no..?
(Oct. 07, 2011  5:39 PM)Dan Wrote: Left spin VariAres should be more effective than a right spin Blitz against rubber based bottoms, no..?

Gah left spin completely slipped my mind, you're right though ...I'll do tests fast.
Yes it's metal, but why doesn't metal sharp have the best stamina?

It has terrible balance, the shape is completely wrong for the centre of gravity etc.

MB is relatively tall, it has a low centre of gravity, and although it's made of metal, it's a ball... That's quite a lot of surface area for it's negative.
MF VariAres(Left spin) CH120RF VS MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB:
VA:10 (3 OS's, 7 KO's)
BA:10 ( 2 KO's, 8 OS's)
Not bad,its better than last time.
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:25 PM)H8R Wrote: MF VariAres(Left spin) CH120RF VS MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145RB:
VA:10 (3 OS's, 7 KO's)
BA:10 ( 2 KO's, 8 OS's)
Not bad,its better than last time.
Did you try weak launching at under 50%, it should definitely boost the score for Basalt.