Rubber Ball Discussion

(Oct. 07, 2011  6:16 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Yes it's metal, but why doesn't metal sharp have the best stamina?

It has terrible balance, the shape is completely wrong for the centre of gravity etc.

MB is relatively tall, it has a low centre of gravity, and although it's made of metal, it's a ball... That's quite a lot of surface area for it's negative.

Hmm thats a good question I was wondering the same thing, maybe it's because it is the heaviest, I guess but I don't really know though.
time for me to contribute

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB vs MF BEAT LYNX S130R2F(SLIGHT WEAR)
BASALT 3-25
BEAT 22-25

when RB is shot at 30-50% beat can still KO regularly and when it can't it OS for the win Uncertain

Basalt RB 12%

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB vs. MF VARIARES R145R2F (NEAR MINT)

BASALT 1-25
VARIARES 24-25

BASALT RB 4%

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB vs. MF BLITZ HERCULEO 100RF (NEAR MINT)

BASALT 0-25
BLITZ 25-25

BASALT RB 0%

blitz is a beast

here was an interesting test

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB vs MF-H BASALT AQUARIO BD145MB

BASALT RB 24-25
BASALT MB 1-25

The RB OS the MB almost every time... and the TR145 dealt with the BD145 quite well...

Basalt RB 96% YAY!!!!

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB VS MF-H BASALT KERBECS TH170RSF

V.170
RB 9-10
RSF 1-10

V.195
RB 7-10
RSF 3-10

V.220
RB 7-10
RSF 3-10

The stamina when on a heavy combo like MF-H Basalt is quite decent against other defense customs... maybe the RB is destined to be a heavy defense/anti-meta counter.

this last one was truly unexpected

MF-H BASALT AQUARIO TR145RB vs MF-H HELL UNICORNO II BD145CS (NON-AGGRESSIVE, VERY STABLE)

BASALT 25-25
HELL 0-25

PRETTY MUCH ALL OS!!

BASALT RB 100%

If anyone wants any specific tests done, I have at least 2 of every part and wheel made, just PM me and I'll happily oblige.

PS. All tests done with:

BB-10
BB-15 w/ grip, ext, Beylauncher and a rubber
Hey ControL_, do you mind doing one comparison test? The same VariAres test, except RSF/RS in place of RB.

Thanks.
(Oct. 08, 2011  5:49 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: quote

Thanks for the tests but why did you use TR145. That track sucks.
(Oct. 08, 2011  9:22 AM)Ultrablader Wrote:

Thanks for the tests but why did you use TR145. That track sucks.

OH no it doesn't sir... it is very useful... test 50+ battles before you claim something to be anything other that existant... no, for real its good v. spin stealers, low/mid attackers, its what C145 always wanted to be when it grew up... also the part has only been somewhat widely available for just over a month now with RBV8, and before that you could only get it be subscribing to a Japanese mag. (coro coro) witch I did and have been using the thing ever since... its a great defense track... so more time is needed by those who have just now gotten it to test it in a variety of combos to decide what it does and doesn't do.

Also it PWNS BD145... the disk just runs against them there rollers and thats all she wrote!!
It wasn't hard to get, I think Kei tested it. It turned out to be generally useless so not many people bought it.
I know Deikailo uses TR145 for a spin-stealer which was really cool.. :V
(Oct. 08, 2011  10:37 PM)Dan Wrote: It wasn't hard to get, I think Kei tested it. It turned out to be generally useless so not many people bought it.
I know Deikailo uses TR145 for a spin-stealer which was really cool.. :V

cool me too! on the MLD... and compared to going down to walmart and buying a storm whatever... yeah it was hard to find considering it was a limited piece that sells for $35ish... unless you are from Japan or near there and can sub to the mag. Only the stupid guy that buys everything that comes out (that would be me lol) and hardcore collectors would say its easy to get, again pre-RBV8, and as long as you were willing to ebay it or buy it off the forum from Arikasdaddy or whomever, yeah it was and is readily available for $35 or so bucks, but how many people would spend that much on a single bey(that sucks) for a single part... not that many compared to the number of bladers, far less than a majority of the users here I would wager. All I'm saying is that it was not a common part until August and even now its not that common, considering most people I run into don't even know beyblades originated in Japan, or that they have beyblades at all, also there are a fare amount of users here that say they only buy Hasbro just to cost alone.

Back on topic, I really am not sure what to make of RB, It's defensive against defense combos, not so much attack. when on a heavy combo has mad stamina, well more like drains the stamina from opposing bey... definitely not what I had expected, its almost like the rubber has a higher plastic content than an RF, if they used the same mix, it would be a defense beast IMO... just like the R145 Hasbro released, it should be P145, as its not nearly as pliable as the TT model, more of a soft plastic that rubber.
Wow{off topic} but how are you guys brave to unscrew and screw you facebolts just like that? To make so many customs without breaking one?

(Oct. 09, 2011  4:12 AM)beyclasherbash1 Wrote: Wow{off topic} but how are you guys brave to unscrew and screw you facebolts just like that? To make so many customs without breaking one?

Lol... well you don't wrench the thing on as tight as you possibly can, just till it starts to get a little snug, and that's it! I've never in my life broken a bolt. But I know people who do and also strip out spintracks because they tighten the hell out of their bey unnecessarily...

hand tighten the bolt all the way you can, THEN take the wrench and give it maybe a 1/4 turn, you should never have another problem.