Rubber Ball Discussion

I was referring to the attack testing (Basalt BD145 vs. Vari BD145) I don't have a problem with the Defense vs. Defense BD's touching at all.
These test are intriguing. Could someone try it with the TH170.
since i dont have the money for a jade jupiter right now i decided to make a rubber ball
i have succeeded in doing this it performs exactly like the real thing but eventually i will get jade jupiter
No one cares about your home made parts. Also are you planning on doing any more testing Arupaeo?
(Sep. 13, 2011  12:05 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: ... Also are you planning on doing any more testing Arupaeo?

I certainly can, I haven't recently as I started a new job and have been working crazy hours... Is there anything that you would like to see in particular? maybe just 1 or 2 suggestions would make it easier to complete in a timely manner.
erm just more attack tests with other metal wheel like Blitz, Fang and LDD. Also testing using Libra and Earth.
in one of bb18libra's videos RB acted very aggressive with basalt maybe that will work?
(Sep. 13, 2011  3:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: erm just more attack tests with other metal wheel like Blitz, Fang and LDD. Also testing using Libra and Earth.

Ok... And not on bd145 right? And against stamina combos? Or other attack types? Both?

There's no point at all in testing against stamina types. It's a rubber bottom. And attack vs attack proves little to nothing so no to that as well. Since BD145 is like the best defence track no of course not. Defence combos should use BD145 and other good defence tracks.
(Sep. 13, 2011  4:11 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: There's no point at all in testing against stamina types. It's a rubber bottom. And attack vs attack proves little to nothing so no to that as well. Since BD145 is like the best defence track no of course not. Defence combos should use BD145 and other good defence tracks.

I'm happy to do the tests that you request and want, but 1) please be a little more polite in your communications, and 2) please stop trying to tell me what is useless to test against. There are other valid opinions on what kinds of testing are useful, held by rather successful bladers (ahem), who do in fact know what they are doing...
Sorry even if it isn't your fault i'm kinda annoyed that even though this a major release and others have it no one apart from you has bothered to test it properly and and due to your business it's not proceding very fast. I kinda took it out on you I guess. It's a generally common opinion from the people who know a signicant amount of knowledge here that testing the stamina of rubber bottoms is useless since they have awful stamina and attack vs attack doesn't prove a lot about the how good a part is for defence especially since the initial testing on whether this part had any attack potential showed that it had carp all. Sorry but I just kinda wanted to point the testing in the right direction also you asked me the question it's not like I forced my opinion on you...
I think it would be good to compare the stamina of it with RS and RSF?

And Arupeao already did that though, didn't he?
I wouldn't really say so. I mean isn't it kinda obvious? It has a wider surface area so more friction so less stamina.
(Sep. 13, 2011  11:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I wouldn't really say so. I mean isn't it kinda obvious? It has a wider surface area so more friction so less stamina.

Not necessarily true. My RB can outspin a semi aggressive CS. I'm fairly certain that it can outspin RSF, and perhaps RS too.
(Sep. 13, 2011  11:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: I wouldn't really say so. I mean isn't it kinda obvious? It has a wider surface area so more friction so less stamina.
Dust accumulation plays a huge part in stamina, especially for rubber based parts.

Quote:Not necessarily true. My RB can outspin a semi aggressive CS. I'm fairly certain that it can outspin RSF, and perhaps RS too.
Thats true considering that the actually amount of surface contact is rather minimal. Although CS does have a plastic tip, aggressive ones means it has significant rubber contact. Spin loss from riding the ridge imo.

As for RS, the only instance I've seen it OS a CS is on a completely fresh one.
Okay fine but I want to point out everyone wants defence testing from this so why would we do stamina testing?
Whole point of defence is to take hits and survive. I believe, survival requires some degree of stamina, no? Besides, it does matter when its rubber against rubber. Although some of the rubber parts may not be in the tier list, it is still used, no?
I guess but I don't think it warrants tests since defence tests are the only ones anyone's interested in.
No, they're the only ones you're interested in. You've already been called out on the way you're suggesting things.
It seems MF HellKerbecsBD145RB might be pretty good, Will obviously be far harder to knock around and may have a higher KO rate than HellKerbecsBD145CS can someone test it I havent got an RB yet
(Sep. 16, 2011  11:54 PM)Inazuma11 Wrote: It seems MF HellKerbecsBD145RB might be pretty good, Will obviously be far harder to knock around and may have a higher KO rate than HellKerbecsBD145CS can someone test it I havent got an RB yet

Maybe, but wit the attack tests already done, with beys with far supirior smash, getting bad results with RB, I doubt it will be effective... CS is the correct wear can hold a fast flower pattern, but RB from what Arupaeo said in the attack tests cant hold a flower pattern efficiantly and is slow...

So I think it maybe good for pure defense...

On a side note, RB moves a bit at te beginning, that could evade some hits from opposing attack types, so when it does go to the centre, the attack has lost enough power for RB to hold them off to OS them, just a theory, but I may be wrong....
(Sep. 17, 2011  1:50 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2011  11:54 PM)Inazuma11 Wrote: It seems MF HellKerbecsBD145RB might be pretty good, Will obviously be far harder to knock around and may have a higher KO rate than HellKerbecsBD145CS can someone test it I havent got an RB yet

Maybe, but wit the attack tests already done, with beys with far supirior smash, getting bad results with RB, I doubt it will be effective... CS is the correct wear can hold a fast flower pattern, but RB from what Arupaeo said in the attack tests cant hold a flower pattern efficiantly and is slow...

So I think it maybe good for pure defense...

On a side note, RB moves a bit at te beginning, that could evade some hits from opposing attack types, so when it does go to the centre, the attack has lost enough power for RB to hold them off to OS them, just a theory, but I may be wrong....
Your probably right, but RB does seem to have some stamina, nothing like CS it may just pass as an option over CS but it's pure defense is the real reason for this part obviously

(Sep. 17, 2011  1:50 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: On a side note, RB moves a bit at te beginning, that could evade some hits from opposing attack types, so when it does go to the centre, the attack has lost enough power for RB to hold them off to OS them, just a theory, but I may be wrong....

that is an interesting theory, and one that deserves to be explored further. Do you think it evades more/better than a banked CS? Does the fact that RB doesn't stay up high in the stadium for long contribute to it's elusiveness? (we've all seen CS essentially tornado stall which makes it a huge target for attack types.)

Also, I apologize for my absence from testing lately, I just got a new job and it's been pretty demanding.
Yeah, why not try banking it/sliding shoot like in Dan's topic for WB, "Are we giving Attack any justice?" ... I think that was the topic?

I'm interested.
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB is an incredible balance type.

In the same way MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB can outspin, it's due to the weight rule I have discovered, and I'm thinking about writing an article on it.

With RB, movement is much more "forceful" and can drag the opponent on impact more than MB does. This means a larger collision with BD145plastic to metal collision. High stamina already.

Deep banking is quite necessary, the metal wheel needs to be revealed as much as possible in some scenarios, instant metal to metal contact at the start of the round when Basalt has maximum RPM allows Basalt (which has more weight) to reduce spin at a greater rate when at a higher RPM.

Against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs B: D I got these results on a slightly used RB:

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB v MF-H Basalt Kerbecs B: D
RB wins 10 (all KO)
B: D wins 0

B: D really does have poor grip, but Basalt B: D is an expected to OS combo.

MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB (~50% weak launch) v MF VariAres R145RF (prime)(right)
RB wins 8 (1 KO 7 OS)
Vari wins 2 (all KO)

Weak launching on right v right, RB can still just about outspin, sometimes with heavy combos, I notice, not just for me, but for many, that the beylauncher gears do not connect fully, much gear slipping.

When against stamina, it's important that an aggressive deep banking shot is used, Blitz was at the feet of many losses against MF-H Basalt BD145MB due to such.

Basalt's huge surface area is quite bad for it's defence, therefore it can be used for aggressive attacks instead.

EDIT: might make a thread for the combo.