Ridiculous School Rules

(Sep. 11, 2014  2:41 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually, I think people could really use some of those rules to learn some life etiquette. The amount of teens I saw who were just waiting around a door for their next class at university with their head bent all simultaneously concentrating on their own cellphone to pass time was such a despair for humanity's social abilities ... Technically you also have no idea where you are walking if you are looking at your cellphone.

I do..
The school is easy to memorize.
People walking in the opposite direction or turning the corner is something that you cannot predict though.
To be honest, kids with cell phones always drive me nuts. They all stand in circles and stare at their screens like they've exited reality or something. I've even seen girls have texting conversations with each other from across the room.

I wish rules prohibiting the use of cell phones didn't have to exist, but to be honest, at a certain point it becomes necessary.

Not that all kids with phones are totally absorbed with them, but in a school where they are, everybody's probably better off if they aren't allowed.

And people wonder why this generation is socially handicapped...
This isn't so much a rule, but I strongly disagree with my school implementing iPads into our curriculum.

1. Give a bunch of bored teenagers a tablet, and what can you expect? Games, texting, and all under the teachers oblivious noses. They try to enforce it, but they're teaching a class, and if they had to periodically check every students iPad, it would take up a considerable amount of class time.
2. Excuses. No more "dog ate my homework" or lame stuff like that. The excuses the iPad brings to the table are viable, and unprovable. Since we're innocent until proven guilty, students can always blame the faulty book reading app or the worksheet that doesn't download.
3. The excuses above do actually happen from time to time. On an iPad, there are times when a book doesn't download, or a site doesn't work. Normal paper books can't have bugs or not download, so there's no excuse not to do work.

Rant over.
(Sep. 11, 2014  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: People walking in the opposite direction or turning the corner is something that you cannot predict though.

So I apologize?
(Sep. 11, 2014  3:34 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2014  3:24 AM)Kai-V Wrote: People walking in the opposite direction or turning the corner is something that you cannot predict though.

So I apologize?

You do not have to apologise or necessarily reply about that at all.
(Sep. 11, 2014  4:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2014  3:34 AM)Neo Wrote:

So I apologize?

You do not have to apologise or necessarily reply about that at all.

I think he means he apologizes to the person he bumped into. I'm not sure if you caught that or not, but from your post I'd assume not.
Oh no, that is not how I had understood his post, hah. Still, bumping into someone can actually hurt or spill things on the floor, so a simple apology will not do much to change the other person's mood, and I am not certain why you should be indifferent about it that you would just continue this behaviour afterwards.
I'm already kinda well liked per say. I'm awkward, it ends up funny.
If texting while driving can kill, then texting while walking can cripple.

In P.E. I can't use a lock that isn't bought from the School.
(Sep. 10, 2014  9:34 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: I'm homeschooled. It's awesome.

#NoStupidRules (sorry Cake, haha).

[Image: d7c.gif]

NOOOO HASHTAGGGGSSSSS

oh hey look an excuse to do math
(Sep. 11, 2014  4:37 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: If texting while driving can kill, then texting while walking can cripple.
Walking: 135lbs (me) @ 2mph (slow-ish walk) = 61.235kg @ 0.89m/s = 24 joules

Driving: 2000lbs @ 30mph (residential area speed limit) = 907.185kg @ 13.41m/s = 81569 joules

According to Wikipedia, a joule can be visualized as the amount of energy from one apple falling one meter through the air. So, to compare, if someone slams into you while walking, it could give you some bruises (24 apples' worth) but more likely will just be annoying (though if you fall that's another issue). Being hit by a car is the equivalent of 31.26 cubic meters of apples dropped on you from a meter off the ground, a total of more than 8000kg.

Don't text and drive plax

On the topic of actual school rules, in middle school there was this super-paranoid computer lab admin that refused to allow ANYONE to ever bring a flash drive to the school, claiming that it may have viruses on it. This was a pretty ridiculous claim, until, ironically, someone actually wrote their own virus and stuck it on a flash drive and introduced it to the school network just to mess with her. If she hadn't been so obsessive about it it probably never would have happened XD
I was exaggerating, But that is pretty funny.
Why would I knock someone down? No sense.
I can totally pay attention: