Recent Beyblade Purchases

There was a seller on Ebay who had a different g set, whom I got both of mine from (though none I am aware of have both Dranzer and draciel g). Not sure if they're still there but if I remember I'll take a look around tomorrow.

Honestly I'd prefer TA for HMS too (though I don't have tb or Tbts), the balance between attack and defense in it seems healthy enough and I'd not want anything more defense-biased.

Only issue with ta is that it's practically paper thin, but I have a plan for my new one and the materials for it weren't too much.

Ultra: I can understand collecting, and have a few beys for collection myself, as well as taking good care of my collection in general, but tornado balance isn't something I'd found to be that valuable for collection, honestly. You do know more about that than me, but eugh, I'd rather have a TA if I was looking for long term value.
Uh, it was a set which came with: Draciel G, Dranzer G, Driger G, and Dragoon G.

Jp0t got it, and did an unboxing.
Hmm, maybe I didn't look at the more expensive ones, now you mention it I recall a set with those. The one Hazel, Arupaeo and I got had driger g, dragoon g, and Dranzer g. I'd get that and get draciel g separately if you want it. Its a shame the set with dragoon g, draciel g, ta and two grips isn't around any more (or wasn't last I checked).
There's the link ..

Was yours blue?
(May. 04, 2012  2:45 PM)th!nk Wrote: There was a seller on Ebay who had a different g set, whom I got both of mine from (though none I am aware of have both Dranzer and draciel g). Not sure if they're still there but if I remember I'll take a look around tomorrow.

Honestly I'd prefer TA for HMS too (though I don't have tb or Tbts), the balance between attack and defense in it seems healthy enough and I'd not want anything more defense-biased.

Only issue with ta is that it's practically paper thin, but I have a plan for my new one and the materials for it weren't too much.

Ultra: I can understand collecting, and have a few beys for collection myself, as well as taking good care of my collection in general, but tornado balance isn't something I'd found to be that valuable for collection, honestly. You do know more about that than me, but eugh, I'd rather have a TA if I was looking for long term value.

Um well I completely disagree since collectors usually go for the rarest thing and tornado attack while not really on ebay much anymore is owned by more active members here than Tornado balance. In terms of long term value the things that are harder to find usually have a higher value as well.
(May. 04, 2012  5:39 PM)assailant18 Wrote: Not sure if this was a good buy, but got this for 1500 yen.
http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/redirect?ur...k152791599
Considering there is a Dragoon GT in there, i would say yeah.

(May. 04, 2012  5:44 PM)Esperr Wrote: Considering there is a Dragoon GT in there, i would say yeah.
Yeah, I mainly got it for the GT and the stadium to use since I've been in need of that Pegasus stadium. It's basically a BB-10 right?

Just won another RB12! Grin
Hello All

I’m a new Beyblader (only four days into it) and I’ve started to purchase Beys for my 6 years old grandson at the usual stores like, Wal-Mart, Target & Toys R Us. I would like to get your opinion as I post the Beys for your review. Also, where else would be a good place to buy them from (please only in the US)?

So here goes…

Earth Eagle
Earth Wolf
Dark Libra
Lighting L-Drago
Galaxy Pegasus
Gravity Destroyer
Inferno Buxis
Cyclone Herculeo

Thanks for your help!
Those are basically the only stores, hah. Most of us buy online though.

To be honest, most of those Beyblades are outclassed. Did your local shops have Beyblades like "Hades" Kerbecs or "Twisted Tempo" ?
Most Hasbro beyblades are dated at this point (as Kai-V said) but overall, not a bad set of purchases given the selection available. Flame byxis' 230 track is an excellent part, gravity destroyer is a nice beyblade, ad145 is again a great track and wd is always handy. I would suggest, if you can, getting a beylauncher LR online (the mars red version is BB-115 if I recall correctly), to properly take advantage of it's dual spin capability.

Cyclone herculeo isn't a great beyblade but it is a fantastic looking one.

Earth Eagle, it's rather dated but still a nice beyblade, even uncustomised.

Earth Wolf is much the same.

Lightning L Drago is one of the better attack beys from Hasbro (though attack doesn't work well in Hasbro stadia).

Dark Libra's sd tip is a nice part to have, and it's a nice looking beyblade, albeit not a hugely useful one.

Galaxy Pegasus' r2f tip is great in Takara stadiums, but as an attack tip isn't so, great in Hasbro ones. As the lead character's bey, I'm sure your grandson will like it.

Can't give you much advice on where to purchase them, most people in the US use the stores you mentioned. There's a "stores with beyblades in stock" topic that may help?

As for future purchases, twisted tempo, hades Kerbecs, and something with a D tip is what I'd be looking out for (though we don't know how the new metal fury line will pan out yet).
I had a feeling the “common” stores would sell the lower grade Beys, as oppose to specialty shops or convention venues. I’m hoping Carmelo will take this as a serious hobby and maybe try to enter some tournaments in the future. So in your opinion, the “common” Beys just won’t stack up to the “better grade” Beys...is this correct?

I will look for the types of Beys you’ve mentioned and also check the "stores with beyblades in stock" topic. As always thanks for ther input!!

Until the next purchase review…
Yeah, Twisted Tempo and Hades Kerbecs have the best chance of standing up to Takara Beys (especially when customized with other parts), but I would definitely consider shopping online. Most of us do it and it is very safe nowadays, though for the US it's slightly more expensive (here in Australia, it's often cheaper because of how much we pay for Hasbro beys, haha). The cheapest way to get some advantage is buying a beylauncher L/R and a couple of Metal Face Customize Ver. Packs, both of which are relatively cheap, that at least should give Carmelo a level playing field in terms of launch strength and so on. Smile

If you want more advice on future purchases, Purchase Consultation is the place to go.

And yeah, it'd be great to have your grandson at WBO tournaments. Hopefully there are some more bladers in your area, from my own experience running tournaments, the shared interest means everyone gets along really nicely, and it's lovely to see even the really shy kids come out of their shells as the day progresses.
(May. 06, 2012  1:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: Flame byxis' 230 track is an excellent part,

Inferno Byxis does not have 230 though.
My bad, haha, didn't realise (early morning, similar names!)

But, still good! Inferno Byxis has two useful parts, the track and tip, the RS tip is good for defense (though it has very poor stamina, and as such isn't a good choice in hasbro stadia), while the CH120 track is very versatile, and one of the favoured attack tracks, in Hasbro stadia, it can be used for a range of less conventional combinations, and it's always a great part to have!

And in that case, also keep an eye out for flame byxis Smile
Wow…my head is spinning with all this new lingo, but very helpful thank you!!! And to explain the type of granddad I am, after reading the recommendations, I went to my local Wal-Mart and found Twisted Tempo (145WD). SCORE!!!

I’ll be looking out for the other ones. Thanks again!!!
[Image: ahatoshichango-img600x450-1336038478btspkq22009.jpg]

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-k147736354

iughfjesgreshwiglav, I won that! Grin Though, selling most of it. If anyone wants, they can buy some of those items. Aha
Daaaaayum cannon!!! :o That's a lot of blade's hahah, Congrat's on scoring that bro! Grin
That's am-m-m-mm-m-m--m-mmmmmmmazing......
You are most likely going to be getting a nice profit from that lot O_O
Btw, does it come with the lighter? ;D
(May. 06, 2012  3:15 PM)Granblue Wrote: That's am-m-m-mm-m-m--m-mmmmmmmazing......
You are most likely going to be getting a nice profit from that lot O_O
Btw, does it come with the lighter? ;D

You can send me one.. Aha
Picked up 2 "Spiral" Capricorne's at Wally-World(Walmart) today. Smile
I recently got twisted tempo and, well lets be honest, GET IT!
I just got some Metal Face Custom Ver. in orange.