Real Life Anime Stadiums legal for WBO Tournaments?

Hi guys, TurboLibra14 here. Since the day I've built my first "anime" Stadium in 2011 and my first "anime sized" stadium in 2014 I wanted to host a tournament in it. And now that many people on YouTube as well as me have a real life anime life sized BeyStadium and many people got interested in it so I've been thinking about this for a while now: What if Anime Sized Stadiums became legal for WBO tournaments in form of a seperat format? It would be a blast if our local communities could hold tournaments in our Giant Stadiums. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. All across the world Bladers are now building their giant stadiums and having even more fun battling. Also these stadiums are in some cases (for example the red metal sled) cheaper than BB10 or B09 Stadiums so more people could hold tournaments while still being bigger and more durable.

I have two giant Stadiums: a custom GOTEM Version (0,9 meters wide) which has a flat surface in the center and an anime accurate one (1,2 meters wide). Another good big Stadium is the legendary "red sled" that many YouTubers are now using as a BeyStadium. If the WBO makes giant stadiums legal for tournaments one day it would be a dream come true.

Advantages of a giant stadium:
  • Attack Types have more room so they don't self ko that easily (especially on Drivers like Variable)
  • Defense/Stamina Types are more difficult to ko
  • Bursts happen more often because of the stadium angle
  • Stadium is more durable
  • It looks like in the anime
Disadvantages of a giant stadium:
  • Knockouts occour less frequently
  • If you launch from too high up it may damage the tips a bit
How it would effect the game:
  • KO Attack Combos would lose a bit of their relevance in Burst Format
  • Burst Attackers would gain more relevance
  • Big Stadiums would bring more new Bladers into the Game
  • It's easier for new players to get into the game since it would be easier to launch and not miss the stadium
  • however winning a battle takes more skill because the stadium is larger and the angle as well as the power you launch a Bey at is very important
  • More previously non competative combos will be seeing more relevance in bigger stadiums
  • New strategies can be explored
  • There's now room for anime-like launch techniques from the Burst Anime
Here are some examples of anime Stadiums:

My Real Life Anime Life Sized Stadium:

k1mboslice1305's Red Sled:

Zankye recently also made an awesome anime stadium. I reccomend checking his channel out, too.

What do you think. Should big Stadiums be legal for WBO Tournaments or not? And why do you think so? Or does it take more testing to come to a conclusion?

~ Sincerely TL14
I actually really like this idea!!! I actually have my own sled stadium and it’s an absolute blast! I think it would be very cool to see how an entire group of people would change up their battling styles to fit the new format
The only problem is the large metallic stadiums are prone to damage tips/drivers.
(Feb. 25, 2018  7:29 PM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: The only problem is the large metallic stadiums are prone to damage tips/drivers.

Not really. They won't get damaged at all. They will only take slight damage if you launch from very high up.
I've been posting about this since I joined, latest post is here; https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Stadium-legality especially after I went to my first tournament last week.  But recreating an anime stadium at the same scale would be far too big for a tournament (unless you really do have a Bit Beast in your Bey!) you need it large enough for Beys to really move around, large enough for spectators, but small enough for ring out finishes.  A 60cm satellite dish is perfect for that purpose, it's twice the size of a TT Burst stadium, you can find them pretty cheap, cost of materials to convert it to a Bey stadium isn't too much either, in fact it works out to slightly cheaper than buying a TT Burst Stadium on eBay from Japan, which would also have hefty postage charges on top.  It's something I'm planning to build this Summer and make an instruction video for YouTube, in the hope that the WBO will make it the specifications for custom build stadiums for tournaments.  Custom build ones need to be of the same specs across the board for use in tournaments.
(Feb. 25, 2018  7:02 PM)TL14 Wrote: Hi guys, TurboLibra14 here. Since the day I've built my first "anime" Stadium in 2011 and my first "anime sized" stadium in 2014 I wanted to host a tournament in it. And now that many people on YouTube as well as me have a real life anime life sized BeyStadium and many people got interested in it so I've been thinking about this for a while now: What if Anime Sized Stadiums became legal for WBO tournaments in form of a seperat format? It would be a blast if our local communities could hold tournaments in our Giant Stadiums. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. All across the world Bladers are now building their giant stadiums and having even more fun battling. Also these stadiums are in some cases (for example the red metal sled) cheaper than BB10 or B09 Stadiums so more people could hold tournaments while still being bigger and more durable.

I have two giant Stadiums: a custom GOTEM Version (0,9 meters wide) which has a flat surface in the center and an anime accurate one (1,2 meters wide). Another good big Stadium is the legendary "red sled" that many YouTubers are now using as a BeyStadium. If the WBO makes giant stadiums legal for tournaments one day it would be a dream come true.

Advantages of a giant stadium:
  • Attack Types have more room so they don't self ko that easily (especially on Drivers like Variable)
  • Defense/Stamina Types are more difficult to ko
  • Bursts happen more often because of the stadium angle
  • Stadium is more durable
  • It looks like in the anime
Disadvantages of a giant stadium:
  • Knockouts occour less frequently
  • If you launch from too high up it may damage the tips a bit
How it would effect the game:
  • KO Attack Combos would lose a bit of their relevance in Burst Format
  • Burst Attackers would gain more relevance
  • Big Stadiums would bring more new Bladers into the Game
  • It's easier for new players to get into the game since it would be easier to launch and not miss the stadium
  • however winning a battle takes more skill because the stadium is larger and the angle as well as the power you launch a Bey at is very important
  • More previously non competative combos will be seeing more relevance in bigger stadiums
  • New strategies can be explored
  • There's now room for anime-like launch techniques from the Burst Anime
Here are some examples of anime Stadiums:

My Real Life Anime Life Sized Stadium:

k1mboslice1305's Red Sled:

Zankye recently also made an awesome anime stadium. I reccomend checking his channel out, too.

What do you think. Should big Stadiums be legal for WBO Tournaments or not? And why do you think so? Or does it take more testing to come to a conclusion?

~ Sincerely TL14

I think it’s definitely a great and fun idea! An additional upside would be the lower friction on the metal sleds, allowing all combinations to spin longer. (But hindering Attack Type’s movements quite a bit. 

All in all it reduces Attack Types power quite a bit because they have less movement, can’t KO very easily at all, and have to chase down and end up losing lots of stamina trying to find their opposing Beys. 

Mobile stamina is the clear way to go in that format, but it still looks like a LOAD of fun, especially with more experimental launch styles. Im an advocate FOR Anime style battles with the 2-point burst rule, since that’s the only way for attack combinations to remain relevant. (We should standardize the official diameter for allowed stadiums though or at least a range of diameters so bladers can practice on a uniform playing field.

(Feb. 25, 2018  9:40 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: I've been posting about this since I joined, latest post is here; https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Stadium-legality especially after I went to my first tournament last week.  But recreating an anime stadium at the same scale would be far too big for a tournament (unless you really do have a Bit Beast in your Bey!) you need it large enough for Beys to really move around, large enough for spectators, but small enough for ring out finishes.  A 60cm satellite dish is perfect for that purpose, it's twice the size of a TT Burst stadium, you can find them pretty cheap, cost of materials to convert it to a Bey stadium isn't too much either, in fact it works out to slightly cheaper than buying a TT Burst Stadium on eBay from Japan, which would also have hefty postage charges on top.  It's something I'm planning to build this Summer and make an instruction video for YouTube, in the hope that the WBO will make it the specifications for custom build stadiums for tournaments.  Custom build ones need to be of the same specs across the board for use in tournaments.

I think the need for Over-Finishes isnt really that dire, as long as we give Burst-Finishes the 2 points. (Also in the anime Over-Finishes are quite rare) I think a sled about the size of the one in the videos in OP are good, but we should have a standardized range of diameters allowed.
i could not be less interested in this. the last thing we need is more defacto buffing of stamina/defense at the expense of attack.
(Feb. 25, 2018  11:21 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2018  9:40 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: I've been posting about this since I joined, latest post is here; https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Stadium-legality especially after I went to my first tournament last week.  But recreating an anime stadium at the same scale would be far too big for a tournament (unless you really do have a Bit Beast in your Bey!) you need it large enough for Beys to really move around, large enough for spectators, but small enough for ring out finishes.  A 60cm satellite dish is perfect for that purpose, it's twice the size of a TT Burst stadium, you can find them pretty cheap, cost of materials to convert it to a Bey stadium isn't too much either, in fact it works out to slightly cheaper than buying a TT Burst Stadium on eBay from Japan, which would also have hefty postage charges on top.  It's something I'm planning to build this Summer and make an instruction video for YouTube, in the hope that the WBO will make it the specifications for custom build stadiums for tournaments.  Custom build ones need to be of the same specs across the board for use in tournaments.

I think the need for Over-Finishes isnt really that dire, as long as we give Burst-Finishes the 2 points. (Also in the anime Over-Finishes are quite rare) I think a sled about the size of the one in the videos in OP are good, but we should have a standardized range of diameters allowed.

By over-finishes, you mean ring out, right?  At tournaments the official Burst stadiums have the ring out pockets and there are a lot of ring out finishes with those.  Using a satellite dish and adding a bumper around the edge, with four gaps at equal spaces, like the anime, will ensure there are still ring outs, but they won't be so easy to happen, which is'nt the case with the official TT stadiums that have to be used at tournaments.  Especially on launch.
The big drawback in a format like that would probably be cost and lack access. Some people just can't afford it or they're not able to obtain and keep it. Such a lack of availability would mean the format cannot be that widespread. Either way, I don't think it wouild be that fair anyways. Some beys could definitely have a huge advantage that might make balancing the meta hard. As mentioned before, I'm also worried about what launching beys into a metal dish will do to them. A mislaunch probably will have a much higher chance of breakage.
(Feb. 25, 2018  11:52 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2018  11:21 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:

By over-finishes, you mean ring out, right?  At tournaments the official Burst stadiums have the ring out pockets and there are a lot of ring out finishes with those.  Using a satellite dish and adding a bumper around the edge, with four gaps at equal spaces, like the anime, will ensure there are still ring outs, but they won't be so easy to happen, which is'nt the case with the official TT stadiums that have to be used at tournaments.  Especially on launch.

Im saying using a 26 inch sled, Over-Finishes (ring outs, yeah) wont happen very often, but I think sleds are an awesome idea for stadiums anyways.
(Feb. 26, 2018  12:19 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Im saying using a 26 inch sled, Over-Finishes (ring outs, yeah) wont happen very often, but I think sleds are an awesome idea for stadiums anyways.

Trouble is, sleds aren't sold everywhere, so that rules them out as a standard, although 26 inches is only 6cm larger than a 60cm satellite dish.  What are they like, the edge I mean and do they have a decent parabolic shape to them?
(Feb. 26, 2018  1:13 AM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2018  12:19 AM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Im saying using a 26 inch sled, Over-Finishes (ring outs, yeah) wont happen very often, but I think sleds are an awesome idea for stadiums anyways.

Trouble is, sleds aren't sold everywhere, so that rules them out as a standard, although 26 inches is only 6cm larger than a 60cm satellite dish.  What are they like, the edge I mean and do they have a decent parabolic shape to them?

The shape is fantastic, the edges are very highly sloped so Over-Finishes need to get some air, but thats what I mean by some range of legal stadiums, like 60-70cm or something.
(Feb. 25, 2018  11:46 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i could not be less interested in this. the last thing we need is more defacto buffing of stamina/defense at the expense of attack.

Then don’t play this new “unranked format”, that’s fine. At least in “events” I set up the 2-Point Burst rule will be in effect, to even out Attack-Types’ disadvantages.
(Feb. 26, 2018  9:28 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2018  11:46 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i could not be less interested in this. the last thing we need is more defacto buffing of stamina/defense at the expense of attack.

Then don’t play this new “unranked format”, that’s fine. At least in “events” I set up the 2-Point Burst rule will be in effect, to even out Attack-Types’ disadvantages.

that’s a hamfisted guess at balance at best.  

what will balance the long and boring battles involving 2 beys lightly kissing each other only to spin off in different directions for the remaining half of the match? red bull? espresso? lol. 

this kind of “real life manga stadium” concept has been around for a long long time. it’s gimmicky in a bad way.
(Feb. 26, 2018  9:46 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2018  9:28 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote: Then don’t play this new “unranked format”, that’s fine. At least in “events” I set up the 2-Point Burst rule will be in effect, to even out Attack-Types’ disadvantages.

that’s a hamfisted guess at balance at best.  

what will balance the long and boring battles involving 2 beys lightly kissing each other only to spin off in different directions for the remaining half of the match? red bull? espresso? lol. 

this kind of “real life manga stadium” concept has been around for a long long time. it’s gimmicky in a bad way.

It’s really not, the lower friction on the steel stadium allows the beys to move more fluidly and quickly, so the “kisses” are some fat smooches. And as long as the sled has a decent slope to it the game will be exciting. The Flexible Flier brand Red (which is available throughought North America at least in english speaking regions) is a standardized and well shaped and sized stadium. Boring matches are those that result in instantaneous Over-Finishes, or Burst-Finishes due to contact in the air after launch from lack of space to do a proper Special Launch. 

You are entitled to your own opinion, but we all like the idea, so just don’t include yourself if you’d rather not. We’re gonna have our own fun, you have yours :) have a splendid rest of your day, I wish you well my friend.
(Feb. 26, 2018  11:03 PM)EpicTurtwig Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2018  9:46 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: that’s a hamfisted guess at balance at best.  

It’s really not, the lower friction on the steel stadium allows the beys to move more fluidly and quickly, so the “kisses” are some fat smooches. And as long as the sled has a decent slope to it the game will be exciting. The Flexible Flier brand Red (which is available throughought North America at least in english speaking regions) is a standardized and well shaped and sized stadium. Boring matches are those that result in instantaneous Over-Finishes, or Burst-Finishes due to contact in the air after launch from lack of space to do a proper Special Launch. 

You are entitled to your own opinion, but we all like the idea, so just don’t include yourself if you’d rather not. We’re gonna have our own fun, you have yours Smile have a splendid rest of your day, I wish you well my friend.

thanks for the tips my friend!
larger stadiums only makes attack types worse, and they are already too weak now, the last thing burst needs is a larger stadium.
If there are people who prefer it or at least like it, why not? I don't think anyone is suggesting it as a replacement. So what's the problem?

Like I saw the Metal Fight Limited area, which is for a different style with different parts. This would be the same sort of deal, I'd say. It's a different game.

Find out if there is enough people interested, and that's all that should matter. (And I'd say there just might be enough, since making the big stadiums seems to be a thing.)

If you don't like it, your goal shouldn't be to stop it. Who would tell a pizza chain to not add pineapple to their options because they personally don't like it, when they wouldn't have to order it and could still have their personal preference? Think about it for a minute.

Let people play the way they want to play, especially if it doesn't interfere with your own way to play. I say, do a separate Burst Big Stadium game and rules to go alongside the current setup, if that's something people do want.
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:52 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: If there are people who prefer it or at least like it, why not? I don't think anyone is suggesting it as a replacement. So what's the problem?

Like I saw the Metal Fight Limited area, which is for a different style with different parts. This would be the same sort of deal, I'd say. It's a different game.

Find out if there is enough people interested, and that's all that should matter. (And I'd say there just might be enough, since making the big stadiums seems to be a thing.)

If you don't like it, your goal shouldn't be to stop it. Who would tell a pizza chain to not add pineapple to their options because they personally don't like it, when they wouldn't have to order it and could still have their personal preference? Think about it for a minute.

Let people play the way they want to play, especially if it doesn't interfere with your own way to play.

it’s a free country, friend.  for example, you are free to voice your opinion, even though you don’t own a stadium or even a single bey Smile
(Feb. 27, 2018  2:56 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: it’s a free country, friend.  for example, you are free to voice your opinion, even though you don’t own a stadium or even a single bey :)

First, please do not mistake my stance as trying to silence people. I have no intention of that at all! And I'm sorry if my wording came across that way! I am putting up an argument against arguments already being made.

Totally, totally taking that as my bad if that's the case.

Second, "free country" doesn't work on the internet, though the sentiment is there that I agree with. :)

Third, I do actually own multiple beys and stadiums. Just not recent gens. (Though I think a good point shouldn't matter regardless of who says it.)

My thoughts are that this should shift more to an "I'm interested"/"I'm not interested" stance. I think that's more productive. But you are free to disagree. I am seeing input like it shouldn't take off the ground at all, as if it actually will replace the current system, which I think misses the point. I often find making an analogy or metaphor helps such situations where we can be happy with having different opinions co-exist.

Though we should always be open to constructive criticism. Input on how this might be possible to make work and whatnot, possible flaws to acknowledge. Some of that has already happened, and I thought that was interesting to see.

But I think the various building of such big stadiums seems to indicate that there is a want that should at least be considered rather than simply dismissed because it works out differently. It might be worth doing more research into how it functions before jumping into it, I think that is fair to say.

But at the end of the day, this is all anybody's opinion.
I suggest using an 18 inch satellite dish, it's deep enough to have a lot of action, saying that attack types can still give ring out finishes and more bursts will occur. Also, it's very cheap.
(Feb. 27, 2018  7:18 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I suggest using an 18 inch satellite dish, it's deep enough to have a lot of action, saying that attack types can still give ring out finishes and more bursts will occur. Also, it's very cheap.

Precisely, not too big for there not to be any clashes and not too small that it's mainly ring outs on launch.  The perfect size in my opinion, especially for WBO tournaments.  18 inches approx = 60cm satellite dish.
I thinks it’s a great and fun way to spice up tournaments Smile