Real Life Anime Stadiums legal for WBO Tournaments?

(Mar. 01, 2018  1:16 AM)Jay Dragoon Wrote: Maybe specialized events?
Possibly, I do know that this could be used for tag team battles and three way battles with a lot more spectators.
I have a couple large/life size stadiums and I'm an enthusiast for them myself but I highly doubt that this will be made legal, maybe for recreational play at the meet ups but not actual tournaments, larger stadiums are harder to play in and require ALOT more skill and understanding, the movements are alot bigger in a large stadium and any unseasoned player wont stand a chance andy player with alot of experience, there are too many variables as well as all these life size stadiums presumably will vary in exact shape, curve and design. smaller stadiums are fairer and uniform and everyone has access to them and regardless of generation the design differences arent to drastic eg. bakuten to burst style stadium
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:58 AM)Morsoe Wrote: I have a couple large/life size stadiums and I'm an enthusiast for them myself but I highly doubt that this will be made legal, maybe for recreational play at the meet ups but not actual tournaments, larger stadiums are harder to play in and require ALOT more skill and understanding, the movements are alot bigger in a large stadium and any unseasoned player wont stand a chance andy player with alot of experience, there are too many variables as well as all these life size stadiums presumably will vary in exact shape, curve and design. smaller stadiums are fairer and uniform and everyone has access to them and regardless of generation the design differences arent to drastic eg. bakuten to burst style stadium

please describe the increased required skill and understanding

as you’ve alluded to, these manga stadiums have been around for a long time. but it’s widely known a high stamina, avoidance strategy (aka mobile stamina) is the most successful in them.  to me, that’s not “ALOT” more skill and understanding.  i’m sorry.
interesting to say the least. I'll see how this goes, though the problems and potential fun that have been mentioned are both legitimate concerns and reasons (for those who agree/disagree respectively)

I'd say it would be nice for people who want to play casual, though there is a good point when it comes to material and size differences of stadiums being a problem.

so if anybody comes across this, please keep in mind that some people want to enjoy something different. I like the competitive side of things, but sometimes I feel like it gets to the point where being lacking in information gets you dogpiled for being "misinformative" or a liar.

no harm intended, I'll remove the post if needed.

I tend to overreact so don't worry
There can be events which do say: Real life Anime beystadium tournament.
with their pros and cons
If used for fun probably.

If tournaments I expect attack types to be at a huge disadvantage.
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:48 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  7:18 AM)RichieBoi Wrote: I suggest using an 18 inch satellite dish, it's deep enough to have a lot of action, saying that attack types can still give ring out finishes and more bursts will occur. Also, it's very cheap.

Precisely, not too big for there not to be any clashes and not too small that it's mainly ring outs on launch.  The perfect size in my opinion, especially for WBO tournaments.  18 inches approx = 60cm satellite dish.

18 inches is about 46cm though. 26 inches has a smaller gap (66cm being only 6 over).

But keep on talking! I am liking how you guys are working out what would work best. :) It's interesting stuff.

If a size can be decided on, then I'd say the next thing is trying to sort out a standard product in particular to buy. (Like for the 26 inch size, there's the Flexible Flyer Sled.) Then, people who want one can try to get the same one.

After that's sorted and input is taken from different people, if it seems rather agreeable, I'd say you'd be at a point for considering making them legal. Maybe include it on the side of some tournaments for a little fun and get more input that way.
(Mar. 03, 2018  4:03 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2018  6:48 PM)BlueFlare1384 Wrote: Precisely, not too big for there not to be any clashes and not too small that it's mainly ring outs on launch.  The perfect size in my opinion, especially for WBO tournaments.  18 inches approx = 60cm satellite dish.

18 inches is about 46cm though. 26 inches has a smaller gap (66cm being only 6 over).

But keep on talking! I am liking how you guys are working out what would work best. Smile It's interesting stuff.

If a size can be decided on, then I'd say the next thing is trying to sort out a standard product in particular to buy. (Like for the 26 inch size, there's the Flexible Flyer Sled.) Then, people who want one can try to get the same one.

After that's sorted and input is taken from different people, if it seems rather agreeable, I'd say you'd be at a point for considering making them legal. Maybe include it on the side of some tournaments for a little fun and get more input that way.

That's my intention, I'm planning on making one when the weather gets much drier and warmer, to take to the next London tournament after that.  I'll also make a YouTube video to show as I make it, with full list of materials I'll use.
(Mar. 03, 2018  3:36 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2018  2:58 AM)Morsoe Wrote: I have a couple large/life size stadiums and I'm an enthusiast for them myself but I highly doubt that this will be made legal, maybe for recreational play at the meet ups but not actual tournaments, larger stadiums are harder to play in and require ALOT more skill and understanding, the movements are alot bigger in a large stadium and any unseasoned player wont stand a chance andy player with alot of experience, there are too many variables as well as all these life size stadiums presumably will vary in exact shape, curve and design. smaller stadiums are fairer and uniform and everyone has access to them and regardless of generation the design differences arent to drastic eg. bakuten to burst style stadium

please describe the increased required skill and understanding

as you’ve alluded to, these manga stadiums have been around for a long time. but it’s widely known a high stamina, avoidance strategy (aka mobile stamina) is the most successful in them.  to me, that’s not “ALOT” more skill and understanding.  i’m sorry.

Pit any "high stamina" combo against me and I'll blitz it, just through the sheer experience I've gained playing in large stadiums especially if the player is not experienced, which is my point

if you don't have a large stadium that is probably why you don't understand what I am talking about 
and I can't be bothered to write you an essay,

big stadium =  varying shapes (slightly oval or round), varying curves, varying design. an extremely small amount of people own them, so too many variables
this makes it hard for anyone who doesnt have access to a large stadium to practise to 

official stadium = uniformity, same core design pretty much, everyone has fair access to them, familiar and consistent design from 99 till 18
everyone is on the same playing field 

furthermore If you don't have a large stadium, even if you've played in one before or a few times, you still wont get a grasp on it.

only after a say a few month/years of consistently habitually using the large stadium basically hundreds of times and also using different beys and combos can you understand.
This familiarity is what the official stadiums offer, many bladers are use to them and have played hundreds of battles over the years.

I've been using the satellite dish since 2011 and the smaller black one since 2002 (yes that long ago) since I was about 12-13
for instance my largest stadium is slightly oval and different dish companies curvature and design will vary slightly and drastically

the curvature on my "life size stadiums" all vary greatly too and this changes combat 

[Image: 28829741_10160180223630074_2051415676_n_...c4uvw9.jpg]

how all the official stadium retain the same  similar/standard design (blue is a reproduction of an official)

[Image: 28694243_10160180138335074_1274801939_o_...c4ut02.jpg]

Plus after being here for quite a few years and seeing this idea brought up quite a few times, I doubt it will be legal

some videos my battles in the black dish

quite different to this red stadium of similar size

if you still don't understand, sorry Just go buy some "life size stadiums"
i understand perfectly.  mobile stamina dominates and everything else faces greatly reduced odds.
(Mar. 04, 2018  12:31 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i understand perfectly.  mobile stamina dominates and everything else faces greatly reduced odds.
I doubt this will be a competitive format. If you don't like it, let the people handling it handle it. Don't start telling people not to do it just because it isn't competitive. Letting it exist doesn't harm you, and it certainly won't affect competitive play. It's meant to be a casual thing, which again, will not affect the main meta that exists right now.

So if some people want to try it, let them do their thing and keep doing your thing. I don't see this as something people should be arguing over.
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:34 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  12:31 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i understand perfectly.  mobile stamina dominates and everything else faces greatly reduced odds.
I doubt this will be a competitive format. If you don't like it, let the people handling it handle it. Don't start telling people not to do it just because it isn't competitive. Letting it exist doesn't harm you, and it certainly won't affect competitive play. It's meant to be a casual thing, which again, will not affect the main meta that exists right now.

So if some people want to try it, let them do their thing and keep doing your thing. I don't see this as something people should be arguing over.

please read the thread title.
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:40 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:34 AM)Dragunix Wrote: I doubt this will be a competitive format. If you don't like it, let the people handling it handle it. Don't start telling people not to do it just because it isn't competitive. Letting it exist doesn't harm you, and it certainly won't affect competitive play. It's meant to be a casual thing, which again, will not affect the main meta that exists right now.

please read the thread title.

Obviously you don't, without the equipment to do the testing your opinion stands for nothing but speculation. You cannot have a perfect understanding of something you have no active engagement.
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:58 AM)Morsoe Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:40 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: please read the thread title.

Obviously you don't, without the equipment to do the testing your opinion stands for nothing but speculation. You cannot have a perfect understanding of something you have no active engagement.

you are assuming too much.  how could you possibly know that? 

these manga stadiums have been around for a long time, and frankly the decision has already been made as far as official inclusion in WBO tournaments.
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:06 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  1:58 AM)Morsoe Wrote: Obviously you don't,
without the equipment to do the testing your opinion stands for nothing but speculation. You cannot have a perfect understanding of something you have no active engagement.

you are assuming too much.  how do you know that? lol.

these manga stadiums have been around for a long time, and frankly the decision has already been made as far as official inclusion in WBO tournaments.

Well you've yet to give any indication of relevant experience apart from hearsay .lahl 

Why make that point now? That is what I stated earlier,  that wBo would most likely not allow it and this could only be used as unofficial play.
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:12 AM)Morsoe Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:06 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: you are assuming too much.  how do you know that? lol.

Well you've yet to give any indication of relevant experience apart from hearsay .lahl 

Why make that point now? That is what I stated earlier,  that wBo would most likely not allow it and this could only be used as unofficial play.

well you are mistaken.  again, don’t assume.  i have no need to explain anything to you, but I grew up in japan playing beyblade in the early 2000's.  you are obviously some type of large stadium enthusiast, but this concept is usually something newer folks think up.  it’s not new, it’s been thought out, and it’s a bad idea for organized play.  

perhaps we should start a bey juggling official event at WBO tournaments?
i supposed that’s at least able to be standardized...
Hey guys... um I could be wrong but from the way it looks, you to seem to be going at each other a little bit. This is the WBO, let’s just have fun and not give off negative vibes. Beyblade is something to be happy and cheerful about Smile
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:12 AM)Morsoe Wrote: Well you've yet to give any indication of relevant experience apart from hearsay .lahl 

well you are mistaken.  again, don’t assume.  i have no need to explain anything to you, but I grew up in japan playing beyblade in the early 2000's.  you are obviously some type of large stadium enthusiast, but this concept is usually something newer folks think up.  it’s not new, it’s been thought out, and it’s a bad idea for organized play.  

I agree with you man. If it is standardized, it should be used for tag team battles or three way battles. It would be hard to mass produce stadiums of that size since there are different types of satellite dishes.
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:12 AM)Morsoe Wrote: Well you've yet to give any indication of relevant experience apart from hearsay .lahl 

well you are mistaken.  again, don’t assume.  i have no need to explain anything to you, but I grew up in japan playing beyblade in the early 2000's.  you are obviously some type of large stadium enthusiast, but this concept is usually something newer folks think up.  

it still doesn't add anything to your point either way, you do not have a consistent interaction I've already covered that. You quizzed me to explain , futhermore when asking someone to further explain their self it'd be courteous to at least do the same. And again it really seems that my point has flown over your head. Because it looks like we're in agreement on it not being added as legal official play. You just created unescessary aggro

(Mar. 04, 2018  2:27 AM)CageRaidHD Wrote: Hey guys... um I could be wrong but from the way it looks, you to seem to be going at each other a little bit. This is the WBO, let’s just have fun and not give off negative vibes. Beyblade is something to be  happy and cheerful about Smile

Sorry man, trust me petty discussions and debate are also part of wbo lol trust me the debates I've seen over the years that have caused peeps to leave lol but yeah sorry for ruining the vibe!
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:32 AM)Morsoe Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: well you are mistaken.  again, don’t assume.  i have no need to explain anything to you, but I grew up in japan playing beyblade in the early 2000's.  you are obviously some type of large stadium enthusiast, but this concept is usually something newer folks think up.  

it still doesn't add anything to your point either way, you do not have a consistent interaction I've already covered that. You quizzed me to explain , futhermore when asking someone to further explain their self it'd be courteous to at least do the same. And again it really seems that my point has flown over your head. Because it looks like we're in agreement on it not being added as legal official play. You just created unescessary aggro

you claimed large stadiums required “ALOT more skill and understanding”

i asked you to explain that.  You then made a giant post about yourself while making claims of my ignorance.

I’d still love to hear about this increased skill and understanding required for large stadiums.
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:32 AM)Morsoe Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:23 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: well you are mistaken.  again, don’t assume.  i have no need to explain anything to you, but I grew up in japan playing beyblade in the early 2000's.  you are obviously some type of large stadium enthusiast, but this concept is usually something newer folks think up.  

(Mar. 04, 2018  2:27 AM)CageRaidHD Wrote: Hey guys... um I could be wrong but from the way it looks, you to seem to be going at each other a little bit. This is the WBO, let’s just have fun and not give off negative vibes. Beyblade is something to be  happy and cheerful about Smile

Sorry man, trust me petty discussions and debate are also part of wbo lol trust me the debates I've seen over the years that have caused peeps to leave lol but yeah sorry for ruining the vibe!

No worries man, I just love this community and hate to see conversations turn into arguments
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:39 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2018  2:32 AM)Morsoe Wrote: it still doesn't add anything to your point either way, you do not have a consistent interaction I've already covered that. You quizzed me to explain , futhermore when asking someone to further explain their self it'd be courteous to at least do the same. And again it really seems that my point has flown over your head. Because it looks like we're in agreement on it not being added as legal official play. You just created unescessary aggro

you claimed large stadiums required “ALOT more skill and understanding”

i asked you to explain that.  You then made a giant post about yourself while making claims of my ignorance.

I’d still love to hear about this increased skill and understanding required for large stadiums.

Leave it and go be petty somewhere else
Ok, it’s probably a good idea to drop that.  i think there are a lot of folks who would disagree with you.
Okay...so here's my standing...

the title of this thread is "Real Life Anime Stadiums legal for WBO Tournaments," not "Real Life Anime stadiums to replace existing format/introduce new meta."

Note that I am not saying anything about misinterpretation.

now, I see that stadiums of that size generally do have drawbacks. and it is a genuine concern that they will make for a boring meta.

but in the OP, @[TL14] directly said "What if Anime Sized Stadiums became legal for WBO tournaments in form of a separate format?"

so I'm fine with that as long as it does not intrude upon the current meta/existing format.

what I'm tired of seeing is people getting worked up over this. I know that I shouldn't be getting worked up over that, but to me, this seems ridiculous that people are arguing over this. The idea of larger stadiums isn't ridiculous---neither are the concerns.

If you want to make larger stadiums as a separate format happen, fine. If you don't care for it, fine. All I'm asking for is this squabbling to stop and for everybody to come to an understanding so that people don't get overly riled up about this matter.
(Mar. 04, 2018  3:54 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Okay...so here's my standing...

the title of this thread is "Real Life Anime Stadiums legal for WBO Tournaments," not "Real Life Anime stadiums to replace existing format/introduce new meta."

Note that I am not saying anything about misinterpretation.

now, I see that stadiums of that size generally do have drawbacks. and it is a genuine concern that they will make for a boring meta.

but in the OP, @[TL14] directly said "What if Anime Sized Stadiums became legal for WBO tournaments in form of a separate format?"

so I'm fine with that as long as it does not intrude upon the current meta/existing format.

what I'm tired of seeing is people getting worked up over this. I know that I shouldn't be getting worked up over that, but to me, this seems ridiculous that people are arguing over this. The idea of larger stadiums isn't ridiculous---neither are the concerns.

If you want to make larger stadiums as a separate format happen, fine. If you don't care for it, fine. All I'm asking for is this squabbling to stop and for everybody to come to an understanding so that people don't get overly riled up about this matter.

perhaps we are using a different meaning of the word “competitive”
because your original claim was about large stadiums not being competitive  
but an official separate format for WBO tournaments would certainly be competitive by its very definition 

anyways, we are all free to state our opinions.  it’s all good, my man.