Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Exotic women... I have no idea what you mean but whatever.
I'm having some kind of hangover: I drank one Mountain Dew, 10 minutes later I'm lightheaded and weak and shaky, and I currently feel the same. What the hell is with my health? I wasn't the only one, me and my friends drank a Mtn Dew and we had the same feeling. I suspect it was spiked...
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:15 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Exotic women... I have no idea what you mean but whatever.
I'm having some kind of hangover: I drank one Mountain Dew, 10 minutes later I'm lightheaded and weak and shaky, and I currently feel the same. What the hell is with my health? I wasn't the only one, me and my friends drank a Mtn Dew and we had the same feeling. I suspect it was spiked...

I had a Mountain Dew today, it was the Voltage version. I guess it was just that package. Mountain Dew is my favorite Soda.
(Jan. 05, 2015  1:15 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Exotic women... I have no idea what you mean but whatever.
Sugar crash maybe? Did you have a lot of sugar beforehand?
Literally I woke up, had my friends come over, we were playing SSB4 which got all of us hyped, and I drank Mountain Dew in the midst of it. And I woke up one hour before this all happened. Kinda Gaming Random Thoughts esque, but hey I do want to know about how it affected me.
Edit: I don't like double posting, so I'll put it here: Apparently my school is one of the only in the city that has this week off. I'll spend it great, if I could sleep. Ive been losing sleep lately.
Hey guys, I guess this a "Random Question" but I'm kinda paranoid. So about 30 minutes ago I felt like cerial, so I went over and got the bowl, cerial, milk etc. We didn't have that much milk left, so I put the rest of that in. It wasn't enough, so I looked around and found an unopened carton of milk. I opened it and poured it on my cerial, then I was on my way to eat it. A little bit after, I was asking my sister, and she mentioned that the carton of milk was expired. Will I be ok? My worst fear is throwing up, because I get stomach aches a lot but I never throw up. Some answers would be nice, just remember this milk was unopened, 8 days expired, didn't smell/taste foul and was refrigerated.
(Jan. 05, 2015  11:33 PM)Whos Desire Wrote: Hey guys, I guess this a "Random Question" but I'm kinda paranoid. So about 30 minutes ago I felt like cerial, so I went over and got the bowl, cerial, milk etc. We didn't have that much milk left, so I put the rest of that in. It wasn't enough, so I looked around and found an unopened carton of milk. I opened it and poured it on my cerial, then I was on my way to eat it. A little bit after, I was asking my sister, and she mentioned that the carton of milk was expired. Will I be ok? My worst fear is throwing up, because I get stomach aches a lot but I never throw up. Some answers would be nice, just remember this milk was unopened, 8 days expired, didn't smell/taste foul and was refrigerated.

Hm... Probably will be. If it didn't smell bad, it can't be too expired (even if the date said other wise).
Unless you have a system prone to vomiting, you'll be fine. I drank 13 day expired milk and was okay, but this is coming from a guy who threw up eating a pizza with extra cheese that was an inch thick. According to my dad, you'll have a bad stomach ache and hopefully that's it.
(Jan. 06, 2015  12:04 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2015  11:33 PM)Whos Desire Wrote: Hey guys, I guess this a "Random Question" but I'm kinda paranoid. So about 30 minutes ago I felt like cerial, so I went over and got the bowl, cerial, milk etc. We didn't have that much milk left, so I put the rest of that in. It wasn't enough, so I looked around and found an unopened carton of milk. I opened it and poured it on my cerial, then I was on my way to eat it. A little bit after, I was asking my sister, and she mentioned that the carton of milk was expired. Will I be ok? My worst fear is throwing up, because I get stomach aches a lot but I never throw up. Some answers would be nice, just remember this milk was unopened, 8 days expired, didn't smell/taste foul and was refrigerated.

Hm... Probably will be. If it didn't smell bad, it can't be too expired (even if the date said other wise).
To be fair, the dates aren't always 100% accurate, the quality of the milk you had would determine on the taste or however you find out milk expired.
Thanks for the info, everyone. It was 1% Milk, so it lasts longer. I have a bit of a stomach ache, but no nausea atm.
To be honest, cottage cheese is fermented (old) milk, regular cheese is even older milk, and yogurt is some weird mixture too.

If it did not taste horrible and did not have the texture of cottage cheese (which is edible anyway), then you are totally fine, unless you are lactose intolerance of course.
Yeah, in fact some mouldy cheese are good for you, though I will not try one, I could only eat medium cheddar before the smell makes me want to gag.
Not to change the subject but: Lately I've been turning in for the night around 1:30 AM, and fall asleep approximately at 3:30 AM. Then I get anxiety which once made me remain 34 hours awake. What should I do to help me fall asleep quick?
(Jan. 06, 2015  6:32 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Not to change the subject but: Lately I've been turning in for the night around 1:30 AM, and fall asleep approximately at 3:30 AM. Then I get anxiety which once made me remain 34 hours awake. What should I do to help me fall asleep quick?

Drink a glass of milk...and I that doesn't work...Drink 3 glasses,It works for me.
Take a hot shower right before bed, drink a cup of hot tea (caffeine free, try to get sleepy time tea or something) and don't watch TV or anything to distract you. Just sleep.
That's pretty weird, dont watch TV before I sleep? Then how did I fall asleep when my parents left the lights and TV on? I guess my stress has built up over the years and has unloaded only now. Oh god. I've tried sleepy time tea, but my body got used to it and is now immune to it.
(Jan. 06, 2015  7:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: That's pretty weird, dont watch TV before I sleep? Then how did I fall asleep when my parents left the lights and TV on? I guess my stress has built up over the years and has unloaded only now. Oh god. I've tried sleepy time tea, but my body got used to it and is now immune to it.
Try Tulsi teas,Its great for stress built up and anxiety

You will most probably find at your local bulk store or health food store
(Jan. 06, 2015  7:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: That's pretty weird, dont watch TV before I sleep? Then how did I fall asleep when my parents left the lights and TV on? I guess my stress has built up over the years and has unloaded only now. Oh god. I've tried sleepy time tea, but my body got used to it and is now immune to it.

Try a good old fashioned massage, or take a nice warm bath and sit in the tub for a good amount of time to you fall asleep, not in the water of course Smile

I'm not sure if these do work as I have never tried these but it's worth a go right?
(Jan. 07, 2015  2:00 AM)Tsuna` Wrote:
Try Tulsi teas,Its great for stress built up and anxiety

You will most probably find at your local bulk store or health food store
ever tried Oolong/Green tea? it's not to make you sleep or anything, but I like it with the proper amount of sweetener. Black tea too.
Tried em all in some points in my life, didn't work. I did manage to fall asleep around 15 minutes of lying down, compared to the 2 hours it took to fall asleep a few days ago. I just knocked out, I guess. This was last night, just so you know.
So you take long naps regularly?
No, I don't. I've tried doing constructive things like Legos and drawing scenic things and it does the trick. I don't really think we should be talking about my sleep issues, it's gotten to the point where you guys are more concerned about it then I am. I appreciate it though. PM me from here on about sleep issues.
Long 2-3 hour naps can cause really bad problems when sleeping at night.

Having short 15-30 minute naps can help prevent sleeping for hours at a time. But since you dont take long naps so I guess its mute, but not for other people I suppose.
I just had like 4 hour nap lol. That's just because I fell asleep unintentionally going off VERY limited amounts of sleep the past week or so. Christmas break sure changed up my schedule. I've had lack of energy a lot lately and very painful headaches. I still need to go back for more blood work to see what is up with me. My anxiety has spiked to an extreme amount lately as well. Thanks high school and girls XD.
(Jan. 06, 2015  7:21 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I guess my stress has built up over the years and has unloaded only now.

I feel you on this man. If you can, try to get some tests done. I had a stress-test and they took a blood sample from me and tested it. It looks like even when I'm completely relaxed, my adrenal glands are constantly pumping hormones that are associated with the stress response. So as a result I'm always anxious for no reason and stressed out.

As for sleep, issues I can fall asleep fairly normally but the problem is the time where I actually decide to go to sleep is very late anyway. It makes me mad that I'm not even staying up for a good reason. I come home from school at 3PM and then stare vacantly at my homework for two hours, attempt it, give up, continue staring at it and then finally give up at about 10PM.

It must be senior year but I'm completely burned out. My average last year was a 93% but this semester it's barely scraping an 84%. Oh well, health before anything I guess. I should really start taking care of myself better.

Good luck Smile
Just got my history mid-term grade back.

105% baby.

I'm so proud of myself. Joyful_3 If I can only pull that off in Geometry...