Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Aug. 20, 2012  1:08 AM)Sonny Moore Wrote: she thought I was the real skrillex.
I wish people thought I was the real Thomas Bangalter and/or Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo Smith
When I saw the Bakugan thread here in WBO, I nearly died laughing. I don't know what exactly made me laugh -- it's either how people narrowly perceive a new animated series with possible similarities to an existing one or the level of maturity of some WBO users (snark). Surely W.B. Yeats' quote applies here through and through.

In the grand scheme of things; spinning tops, morphing marbles, robots that shoots marbles, card games all come down to one conclusion: These are all Shonen-themed anime series made by geniuses who have met success in their chosen field of endeavor and in turn, they also inspire a newer generation of creative minds to make their own series should they choose the same field.
Does anyone know any good books for a kid entering 7th grade? I need a book to read for summer reading.
In these guide lines:
  • Is realistic fiction
  • Animal Type Story
  • Reading level of 7+
  • Entertaining
  • Available On Kindle
Thanks!
Well, I am entering a magnet program for Humanities and Communication in Middle school, and one of the required books to read was Watership Down. It is about rabbits, it is realistic fiction, and it is great for your age group. I read it and I loved it. It is a classic.
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:53 PM)BattleLion Wrote: How is your Eid Guys?
Great
I ate lots of food and got a total of $110
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:03 PM)Takasu Wrote: Does anyone know any good books for a kid entering 7th grade? I need a book to read for summer reading.
In these guide lines:
  • Is realistic fiction
  • Animal Type Story
  • Reading level of 7+
  • Entertaining
  • Available On Kindle
Thanks!

Try Call of the Wild by Jack London. I had to read that book for school last year, in seventh grade. It was definetely realistic fiction, it's a story about a sled dog in Alaska, great for 7+, and probably available on Kindle. I don't have a Kindle, so I wouldn't know. The book didn't appeal to me much, but that's because I hate almost any kind if animal story. But out of all the animal stories I've read, it's the best. I think you'll like it! Grin
OMG.
I don't get it. It=Common sense.
What is common sense? An article I found:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-...-nor-sense
But my mom keeps saying I "don't have common sense."
Example: When I needed to take off the cover of the recycle bin, but I slowly did it because a spider and spider web were on the wall (in garage). Then she asked "Why didn't you just kick the lid off?" (My hands were full, btw)

And I said "Because their was a spider on the wall, and I didn't want to hit it."
Then she said I didn't have common sense for not telling her their was a spider on the wall.

And she began to keep saying "I really hope you have common sense. I would feel really bad for you if you didn't." She said it in a ticked off and offensive type of tone.

She said it for days.
And continues to say it. Its really putting me down.
What's up with that?
Well, I eventually got bored of the "famous person" getup. So I'm back to Insomniac. But hey, look at all the people who jumped on the bandwagon!
(Aug. 21, 2012  2:14 AM)Takasu Wrote: OMG.
I don't get it. It=Common sense.
What is common sense? An article I found:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-...-nor-sense
But my mom keeps saying I "don't have common sense."
Example: When I needed to take off the cover of the recycle bin, but I slowly did it because a spider and spider web were on the wall (in garage). Then she asked "Why didn't you just kick the lid off?" (My hands were full, btw)

And I said "Because their was a spider on the wall, and I didn't want to hit it."
Then she said I didn't have common sense for not telling her their was a spider on the wall.

And she began to keep saying "I really hope you have common sense. I would feel really bad for you if you didn't." She said it in a ticked off and offensive type of tone.

She said it for days.
And continues to say it. Its really putting me down.
What's up with that?

Where I come from, we call this mental abuse.
(I kinda noticed...that whenever I write in "Random Thoughts" forum topics; I usually am holding a glass of drink (tea, juice, water, wine) and drinking it in the same way as Vincent Brooks. Three gulps and the glass is empty. XD Anyhow...)

Today is gonna be a busy day. Out with the old cabinet and in with the new detolf.

Somehow I got the measurements wrong by a few centimeters. I hate precision!

A little adjustments and I can finally put all my plans for the exhibit in motion.

(Aug. 21, 2012  3:32 AM)zflare3 Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2012  3:53 PM)BattleLion Wrote: How is your Eid Guys?

Meh, not so great...
At least I got a nice stack of cash!
£102
If you guys are talking about the Muslim religious holiday Eid-ul-Fitr, then I must say that religious discussion is not permitted on the WBO.
^ I don't think we should hold them off on a few pleasant conversations. As long as they don't impose their beliefs on another person then in my opinion, it's fine. Just scroll down and write down your thoughts.

But hey, I'm just a new member in WBO so what do I know? XD
(Aug. 21, 2012  5:43 AM)Wales Wrote: But hey, I'm just a new member in WBO so what do I know? XD

New member, yes. But old enough to differentiate bigotric and oppresive speech with legitimate greetings Tongue_out

So I agree, as long as they post once with their peacefull wishes, it should be fine. Now that they know who celebrated it, if they want to continue the discussion, they should continue via PM. In a sense, its like Christmas. Thats why a thread especially for Eid was closed down this morning. Since they don't want any favouritism for one religion over another.

And also, the religon rule was added so people do not involve religious politics into discussions,as most of the time, it turns into a flame war/makes people uneasy/offended/you get it.

/rant

LOL, didn't realize I wrote that much XD So to anyone who is celebrating, happy eid (though, methinks it is over).
I think I even reported it yesterday before thinking about the following, but in retrospect, everyone discusses Christmas so it's really not a big deal. Let's just leave the discussion be, and leave moderating to the moderators, hey Smile

Anyway, man I hate winter - and of course being in the southern hemisphere, it is winter now. The only redeeming aspect about it is that my birthday is at the end of it. Between generally disliking overcast days and some rain-related trauma stuff that isn't worth discussing, it really is not my time of the year at all. At least it's followed by spring, though.
You strayans have it easy. Atleast you don't get 50 feet of snow Serious
(Aug. 21, 2012  6:51 AM)Insomniac Wrote: You strayans have it easy. Atleast you don't get 50 feet of snow Serious

Then don't live in Canada?

I've never actually seen snow in person. From descriptions though it's not something I'm too fussed about.
(Aug. 21, 2012  7:35 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2012  6:51 AM)Insomniac Wrote: You strayans have it easy. Atleast you don't get 50 feet of snow Serious

I've never actually seen snow in person. From descriptions though it's not something I'm too fussed about.

I'd rather live on a chunk of ice than on a landmass that contains most of the deadliest creatures on the planetTongue_out

And snow is not something I'm fussed about either ... until you have to shovel it in sub-zero weather.
Personally, I love Winter. Right now, it's Summer. I get very hot easily, and my meds make me weak to heat. So I'm always having my A/C blasting down to like 69 or 70 degrees every chance I get (I regulate its usage so I don't rack up the electric bill). But when it's Winter, I love to dress fashionably. I start using my favorite collared shirt and tie with jeans style and switch my shoes to a more casual look.

Accomplishment yesterday: I use a Size 38 Belt, which I had to downgrade when I started losing weight. But I've mostly worn it on the second to first hole. Yesterday, I reached the third hole, meaning my diet (thanks to tips from Zain via Facebook) is working. I want to take better care of myself now since I'm in doing Opera and want to perform in broadway theater, so I have to be more fit and active. I just gotta be careful on how I'll eat these coming holidays...
I like being able to wear clothes I like more in winter, sure, but I'm perfectly comfortable in them in spring and even Autumn, usually. Plus, rain means either wearing a rain coat instead of my favourite jacket, or carrying an umbrella, and I have this terrible habit of breaking umbrellas.

(Aug. 21, 2012  7:40 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2012  7:35 AM)th!nk Wrote:

I'd rather live on a chunk of ice than on a landmass that contains most of the deadliest creatures on the planetTongue_out

And snow is not something I'm fussed about either ... until you have to shovel it in sub-zero weather.

There is middle ground I'm sure. Snow would make me less uneasy than rain because it doesn't have the same baggage attached, heh.
Th!nk U have never seen snow? Wow well it is just basically water turned into little ice crystals as it falls from the sky. it's cold! Evaporates as it get's to summer. U can go sledding and tubing and snowboarding and skiing in it though. so it's pretty fun.