Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

don't really know where else so i guess here is the best place. if this is not the right place, i am very sorry

so i have gotten back into watching robotech (note: yes i do know the original japanese version(s) are called macross, but i grew up watching robotech and it gives me a feeling.. of nostalgie)
and well.. watching it makes me really want to get a veritech fighter (actually.. i always wanted one, but my want is being fueled be watching it).
so i have been looking through, and i am kinda having a tough decision on which one to get, though i have decided it will be one of the yamato 1/60 scale macross mechs.
right now i am kinda deciding between getting a
(which, imo, is the coolest of all robotech/macross mechs). but the ones that i like (the VF-1J. the one in the pic is a VF-1A varient) is kinda impossible to find.
and then i was looking at the
(cause it is apparently the easiest to deal with)
and the (cause its swag Cool )
Well, I knew I was good at tennis, but damn I'm terrible when it comes to doubles. I think the thing is, I don't have chemistry with ANYBODY. I like to play a solo game. I mean, in my singles match today, easy 6-3, 6-1. Same thing last Thursday. But doubles? This is gonna be a long season for that...
(Mar. 27, 2013  12:05 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Well, I knew I was good at tennis, but damn I'm terrible when it comes to doubles. I think the thing is, I don't have chemistry with ANYBODY. I like to play a solo game. I mean, in my singles match today, easy 6-3, 6-1. Same thing last Thursday. But doubles? This is gonna be a long season for that...
I'm exactly the opposite with tennis, I do much better with doubles because I know I have some extra help, whereas when I'm playing singles I feel a lot more pressure on me to do better, causing me to NOT do as well hahaha.
For me, it's the same with Badminton, I screw up majorly in singles, but I'm a decent net player in doubles.
So I was on YouTube today, and I heard that YouTube will shut down... I really think they are pulling an April Fools joke though... They are hosting a contest for best video and I chose "ERB Mitt Romney vs Barack Obama."

Happy April Fools to everyone too!
(Apr. 01, 2013  10:33 PM)BeybladePants11 Wrote: So I was on YouTube today, and I heard that YouTube will shut down... I really think they are pulling an April Fools joke though... They are hosting a contest for best video and I chose "ERB Mitt Romney vs Barack Obama."

Happy April Fools to everyone too!

It is a April Fools prank. And the whole Google Nose thing.

Everyone at my school lost their spirit. No one pulled any pranks this year.
The only fun thing I did for April fools was convince one of my friends there was a fruit called carbow. I told him it was used as a substitute for tomatoes in salads. Sure enough he believed me. You should've since his face when I said April fools...
I asked my mom to turn all the clocks in the house two hours forward so when my sister woke up she would freak out, but she had her watch, so she wasn't fooled at all...

I also rearranged all the letters on my mom's keyboard, so when she started typing, she was like "Why is there a V? I typed a W!"
For April Fools yesterday, I asked my dad who his favorite singer was, and he said Stevie Wonder.

Later that day, I told him Stevie Wonder died.

Of course he didn't, but it was a really sick, funny joke xD
R.I.P Roger Ebert.

I've only seen a few of his critiques, but each of them were informed and intelligent. Hopefully he led a good life.
(Apr. 02, 2013  6:08 AM)Tech Wrote: For April Fools yesterday, I asked my dad who his favorite singer was, and he said Stevie Wonder.

Later that day, I told him Stevie Wonder died.

Of course he didn't, but it was a really sick, funny joke xD

Stevie Wonder is awesome, how dare you.
Is anyone interested in Lego chima?I'm not realy interested.
I like lego Harry potter a lot!
You know at first, I thought that Chima was a response to beywheelz (don't get me wrong, I still do), but after watching the show, I kind of want two speedorz.
My Computer Setup? (Click to View)

Total Cost: $797.97 (Is this a good price???)

This is really just a budget computer. I'm not experienced with building computers, so will everything fit? And the keyboard; how do I set up the computer without proper drivers for the keyboard/mouse?

I'll be installing Linux on this computer. Is that a good idea? I mean, the drivers for everything may not be available, right? So should I stick to Windows or go with Linux?

Is it a good idea to build it myself? I don't want to mess anything up. Tongue_out
I work with just women at my job. And i was invited to a girls night out with them which would include dinner and pole dancing lessons....
(Apr. 08, 2013  6:22 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I work with just women at my job. And i was invited to a girls night out with them which would include dinner and pole dancing lessons....
Thats kinda interesting. Are you going to go?
(Apr. 08, 2013  6:22 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I work with just women at my job. And i was invited to a girls night out with them which would include dinner and pole dancing lessons....

Dinner would be nice! Pole dancing...

Depends how good dinner is XD
I did my mile run fir school today.

I got seven minutes and six seconds.

That means I cut off 3 minutes from my old record.

OMG Cute
Haha, the best i could get is 9:25. I'm to skinny and weak to do this XD
Hmm I've never been that good at that. Here's my progression: 8->10->12->13->15. I need to get into shape, haha.
So, I'm keeping track of all of my tennis team's records in singles, cause y'know, sports commentator dream here, and so far.

Tyler Lane (1 seed) 1-3 (He won today.You have no idea how pumped he was...)
Joshua Matias (2 seed) 2-2 (Lost today, but not by much...)
Vincent Spagnuolo (3 seed) 3-1 (Only lost today. Again, not by much...)
Charles Robinson (4 seed) 1-3 (Coach's son. Rages quite often...)
Me (5 seed) 4-0 (Easy win)
John Stevens (6 seed) 4-0 (Easy Win)

Adding onto all matches I've played against other schools (Exhibition and Seeds), I am now 19-7. Pretty good I think.
Nice job and keep it up.
Anyone else here do math competitions (like MATHCOUNTS, AMC, etc.)?
(Apr. 12, 2013  12:35 AM)Mr. N Wrote: Anyone else here do math competitions (like MATHCOUNTS, AMC, etc.)?

I did some before university. Why ?
So I had my freshman orientation today... So many possibilities. My classes will be English 9, Physical Education, Biology 1, Geometry 1, spanish 1, either world history or world world geography (not decided), and 2-D art. Im excited to go into high school with 3 credits already. I'm planning on getting acedemic honors which I need 47 credits for, I believe. I'm excited.