Questions about the WBO

im batman its been a long time
(Nov. 03, 2021  6:54 PM)i\m batman Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2021  4:48 PM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: they're not even arguing they were saying your post was off topic, if anything you're the one being rude in 2 different threads but anyway move on and get this thread back on topic. 

for a real question: I forgot how to mention someone in a post (not quote), anyone know how to do it?

I think it goes like this: @"[username]". If the username does not have spaces, the quotation marks are unnecessary I believe.
Because you're Batman.
lol makes sense
Can someone tell me how exactly BR Works? It's kinda confusing Me and how exactly does it work and tie into the Ranking System? Basically how BR and Ranking works.
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:32 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Can someone tell me how exactly BR Works? It's kinda confusing Me and how exactly does it work and tie into the Ranking System? Basically how BR and Ranking works.
BR works like this

Win vs someone ranked higher than you- Lots of points
Win vs someone ranked around you- Some points
Win vs Someone ranked below you- Few points (usually 3)

Loss vs someone ranked higher than you- Few points
Loss vs someone ranked around you- Some points
Loss vs someone ranked below you- Lots of points

So basically a win against someone, the amount of points go up if your opponents BR is high and you’ll get fewer points if your opponents BR is low. 

It’s design ensures that people have the skill to hold their rank. Like if you just spam a drift combo and get lucky and go up in the rankings, you probably won’t get so lucky next time and you’ll go right back to where you started. But in that specific case, the drift spammer can still learn from his/her mistakes and grow as a Blader. But tyoically, you should have the skill to beat someone lower ranked then you, and the person lower ranked would usually have less skill, or need to learn more and improve. If this is true then usually the higher ranked player wins, if it’s not true then the higher ranked player will be ranked based on their BR accordingly. 

This is one of the reasons why the people at the top of the rankings, and those of them who have been there for a long time, don’t just spam competetive combos. They have the skill to go with that. 

Matches occasionally come to luck, but it’s really these steps, in the order written, that take you to where you are: 
1: Getting the New parts: Allows you to have top tier combinations out of the newly released parts of the meta game
2: Researching how things are used: This gives you a general idea of the meta game, how to counter it, improve in your own way, etc…
3: Putting together/analyzing combinations: This stage is basically thinking of the combinations, how the parts should work, or how you think they will work based on their performance
4: Testing: This is where you actually take step 3 and see how the combo performs, this step can also give you an idea of how hard you should launch based on recoil, the angle, maybe even to the point where you use a grip/no grip or your right hand/left hand to pull the string
5: Choosing combos in tournaments: This step is where the first 4 steps lead you to the tournament and you, based on the info you may know about your opponent, choose out of your combos which one is likely to give you a good chance

I know you asked just about BR, but I wanted to rant lol. And just because a Blader isn’t ranked high doesn’t mean they can’t grow. There’s always something new to learn, or something a Blader can improve on. Some people have every single part but maybe they don’t know how they work or how to properly test, or simply don’t have the time. Some people may not have a lot of parts but know how things work, and there are other things too.
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:32 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Can someone tell me how exactly BR Works? It's kinda confusing Me and how exactly does it work and tie into the Ranking System? Basically how BR and Ranking works.

Your beyrank is on a points basis. If you beat someone with a lot of beyrank, then you get a lot of points. If you have higher beyrank then your opponent and you win, you get a low amount of points.
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:48 AM)USN Wrote:

Your beyrank is on a points basis. If you beat someone with a lot of beyrank, then you get a lot of points. If you have higher beyrank then your opponent and you win, you get a low amount of points.

(Nov. 12, 2021  2:46 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
BR works like this

So basically a win against someone, the amount of points go up if your opponents BR is high and you’ll get fewer points if your opponents BR is low. 

It’s design ensures that people have the skill to hold their rank. Like if you just spam a drift combo and get lucky and go up in the rankings, you probably won’t get so lucky next time and you’ll go right back to where you started. But in that specific case, the drift spammer can still learn from his/her mistakes and grow as a Blader. But tyoically, you should have the skill to beat someone lower ranked then you, and the person lower ranked would usually have less skill, or need to learn more and improve. If this is true then usually the higher ranked player wins, if it’s not true then the higher ranked player will be ranked based on their BR accordingly. 

This is one of the reasons why the people at the top of the rankings, and those of them who have been there for a long time, don’t just spam competetive combos. They have the skill to go with that. 

Matches occasionally come to luck, but it’s really these steps, in the order written, that take you to where you are: 
1: Getting the New parts: Allows you to have top tier combinations out of the newly released parts of the meta game
2: Researching how things are used: This gives you a general idea of the meta game, how to counter it, improve in your own way, etc…
3: Putting together/analyzing combinations: This stage is basically thinking of the combinations, how the parts should work, or how you think they will work based on their performance
4: Testing: This is where you actually take step 3 and see how the combo performs, this step can also give you an idea of how hard you should launch based on recoil, the angle, maybe even to the point where you use a grip/no grip or your right hand/left hand to pull the string
5: Choosing combos in tournaments: This step is where the first 4 steps lead you to the tournament and you, based on the info you may know about your opponent, choose out of your combos which one is likely to give you a good chance

I know you asked just about BR, but I wanted to rant lol. And just because a Blader isn’t ranked high doesn’t mean they can’t grow. There’s always something new to learn, or something a Blader can improve on. Some people have every single part but maybe they don’t know how they work or how to properly test, or simply don’t have the time. Some people may not have a lot of parts but know how things work, and there are other things too.

but does it work like elo?
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:56 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: but does it work like elo?
elo? What’s elo?
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:58 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
elo? What’s elo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
like this
beyblade is zero sum plus thousand so its like
rating = _____ + 1000 bc that's starting rating for new players
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:34 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:58 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: elo? What’s elo?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
like this
Yeah, that’s pretty much it. All bladers start with 1000 and that score goes up or down from the moment they blade in their first match and onward.
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:35 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:34 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
like this
Yeah, that’s pretty much it. All bladers start with 1000 and that score goes up or down from the moment they blade in their first match and onward.

like in chess same rating are like win +8 draw 0 which doesn't matter and loss is -8 points
but in wbo I'm not sure of formulae they use
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:36 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:35 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, that’s pretty much it. All bladers start with 1000 and that score goes up or down from the moment they blade in their first match and onward.

like in chess same rating are like win +8 draw 0 which doesn't matter and loss is -8 points
Well we don’t know the exact formula, but when players are the same rank then a win is +3, and a loss is -3 pts. Idk about the rest
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:38 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:36 AM)Beybladedb Wrote: like in chess same rating are like win +8 draw 0 which doesn't matter and loss is -8 points
Well we don’t know the exact formula, but when players are the same rank then a win is +3, and a loss is -3 pts. Idk about the rest
And where did you get this information?
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:56 AM)Beybladedb Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  2:48 AM)USN Wrote: Your beyrank is on a points basis. If you beat someone with a lot of beyrank, then you get a lot of points. If you have higher beyrank then your opponent and you win, you get a low amount of points.

(Nov. 12, 2021  2:46 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: BR works like this

but does it work like elo?

It is an ELO system yes, but the specifics are not public.
(Nov. 12, 2021  12:48 PM)th!nk Wrote:

It is an ELO system yes, but the specifics are not public.

Oh I see so you will never know how much ratings you got by calculating by yourself
how long do tournaments usually last?
(Nov. 12, 2021  3:32 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: how long do tournaments usually last?

From my experience around 3-5 Hours (I Think) it varies
(Nov. 12, 2021  3:32 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  3:32 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: how long do tournaments usually last?

From my experience around 3-5 Hours (I Think) it varies

all I thought it might have been longer idk I had seen a video from burst in 2019 that was 8 hours long and I was like wow that is forever
(Nov. 12, 2021  11:56 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  6:38 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Well we don’t know the exact formula, but when players are the same rank then a win is +3, and a loss is -3 pts. Idk about the rest
And where did you get this information?
Based on looking at tournament records on peoples profiles, and I probably forgot to say this too but I don’t know for sure. Just guesses from what I know
they really should get tournaments near me
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:07 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: they really should get tournaments near me

That's not a question. Become a responsible person capable of organizing and running your own WBO tournaments. In what state or region are you located, anyway?
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:34 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:07 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: they really should get tournaments near me

That's not a question. Become a responsible person capable of organizing and running your own WBO tournaments. In what state or region are you located, anyway?

Im in indiana
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:39 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Im in indiana

There were three Indiana tournaments in October, and two in August. So, there are tournaments near you. Carmel Indiana. At the furthest distance, it's 2 hours from South bend, and 3 hours from Evansville. There are tournaments near you. What part of Indiana do you live near?
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:39 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Im in indiana

There were three Indiana tournaments in October, and two in August. So, there are tournaments near you. Carmel Indiana. At the furthest distance, it's 2 hours from South bend, and 3 hours from Evansville. There are tournaments near you. What part of Indiana do you live near?

can I pm this to you so that way its not public?
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:46 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2021  4:45 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: There were three Indiana tournaments in October, and two in August. So, there are tournaments near you. Carmel Indiana. At the furthest distance, it's 2 hours from South bend, and 3 hours from Evansville. There are tournaments near you. What part of Indiana do you live near?

can I pm this to you so that way its not public?
Just pick the name of a city near the city where you live, so that we have a general idea of how far it would be from you. So if you lived in shadeland, you would say Lafayette. If you lived in Vermont Indiana, you would say Kokomo.