[Product]  BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8

OOOOOH NOW I GET HOW IT WORKS! The rubber is meant to make the outer part of the layer (which I didn't know was separate) move when hit. Still... that's a pretty dumb idea for a stamina type gimmick and it still feels more for defense.
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:30 AM)Jinbee Wrote: OOOOOH NOW I GET HOW IT WORKS! The rubber is meant to make the outer part of the layer (which I didn't know was separate) move when hit. Still... that's a pretty dumb idea for a stamina type gimmick and it still feels more for defense.

Yeah I don't really know what they were thinking when they decided to put a gimmick more suited for a defence type layer on a stamina type layer. I'm really wondering how well this gimmick works for defensive combos, but at the same time I wonder how well the layer is suited for stamina too (it looks pretty round, but so did Acid Anubis and we all know how that went).
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:48 AM)Nuno Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:30 AM)Jinbee Wrote: OOOOOH NOW I GET HOW IT WORKS! The rubber is meant to make the outer part of the layer (which I didn't know was separate) move when hit. Still... that's a pretty dumb idea for a stamina type gimmick and it still feels more for defense.

Yeah I don't really know what they were thinking when they decided to put a gimmick more suited for a defence type layer on a stamina type layer. I'm really wondering how well this gimmick works for defensive combos, but at the same time I wonder how well the layer is suited for stamina too (it looks pretty round, but so did Acid Anubis and we all know how that went).

A2 was a top pure stamina layer for Some time. It got outclassed after the Godlayer system
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:51 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:48 AM)Nuno Wrote: Yeah I don't really know what they were thinking when they decided to put a gimmick more suited for a defence type layer on a stamina type layer. I'm really wondering how well this gimmick works for defensive combos, but at the same time I wonder how well the layer is suited for stamina too (it looks pretty round, but so did Acid Anubis and we all know how that went).

A2 was a top pure stamina layer for Some time. It got outclassed after the Godlayer system

A2 was clearly intended for defense tho. This feels like they got confused.
Yeah, I'm not saying sT will suck at stamina, I just think that like dC, the god ability feels more like a defense type gimmick... and given Bursts track record of making stamina types more like defense types (also read: Gravity, Weight, Planet). In fact, why aren't defense types heavy anymore? Anyone else feel that Defense types are now less about blocking the opponent and just more about avoid being hit? With Rollers, a free spin blade and that weird rising gimmick of bJ. I know I know it's a Burst system, so they're there to prevent from being Bursted, but whatever happened to making defense types whole purpose was to resist hits? They have gK and aB, but that's still like 2 out of the 5 Defense god layers.
(Dec. 13, 2017  10:11 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah, I'm not saying sT will suck at stamina, I just think that like dC, the god ability feels more like a defense type gimmick... and given Bursts track record of making stamina types more like defense types (also read: Gravity, Weight, Planet). In fact, why aren't defense types heavy anymore? Anyone else feel that Defense types are now less about blocking the opponent and just more about avoid being hit? With Rollers, a free spin blade and that weird rising gimmick of bJ. I know I know it's a Burst system, so they're there to prevent from being Bursted, but whatever happened to making defense types whole purpose was to resist hits? They have gK and aB, but that's still like 2 out of the 5 Defense god layers.

I always classified burst under Passive and Aggressive, in which it is 50/50 for either to win. I genuinely feel defense and stamina types melted together so firmly they arent really separate anymore.

I say maybe reevaluate drivers (which i feel are the real culprit in this burst fiasco) or just unofficially reclassify our combos to a passive-aggressive system.
(Dec. 13, 2017  1:13 PM)Sıon Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2017  10:11 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Yeah, I'm not saying sT will suck at stamina, I just think that like dC, the god ability feels more like a defense type gimmick... and given Bursts track record of making stamina types more like defense types (also read: Gravity, Weight, Planet). In fact, why aren't defense types heavy anymore? Anyone else feel that Defense types are now less about blocking the opponent and just more about avoid being hit? With Rollers, a free spin blade and that weird rising gimmick of bJ. I know I know it's a Burst system, so they're there to prevent from being Bursted, but whatever happened to making defense types whole purpose was to resist hits? They have gK and aB, but that's still like 2 out of the 5 Defense god layers.

I always classified burst under Passive and Aggressive, in which it is 50/50 for either to win. I genuinely feel defense and stamina types melted together so firmly they arent really separate anymore.

I say maybe reevaluate drivers (which i feel are the real culprit in this burst fiasco) or just unofficially reclassify our combos to a passive-aggressive system.

The thing is combos like sX.7B.R use passive movements with aggressive power or things like stallers which use aggressive movement for passive power.

a passive-aggressive system would mean that there would be a lot of gray due to stallers and stationary attack.
It looks burst resistant
(Dec. 14, 2017  1:14 PM)ptf606 Wrote: Apparently it's good?

looks impressive. OSing mG and gK is no easy thing.
(Dec. 14, 2017  1:14 PM)ptf606 Wrote: Apparently it's good?

They only put sT up against stock combos and an awful tN setup, so this isn't a great indicator of if it's good or not.
Looks pretty strong, but this better not be another one of those irritating videos where the Japanese bladers stage the battles in favour of the new release.
what combo was it using?
(Dec. 15, 2017  1:39 AM)Dragunix Wrote: what combo was it using?

sT.H.C.
sT looks a lot like its pre-evolution to me.
Pretty impressive if the combo was sT.H.C and it was able to OS gK.H.R.
Super beyblade family battled Screw Trident Yell Nothing against all the god beys. I mean Yell and nothing is not really that good of a combo but it still performed well. Imagine it with some proper parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLOd27i0RLc
(Dec. 20, 2017  7:41 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: https://youtu.be/hbKt9dg4PSY

Looks like this isn’t good at attack.

The teeth are basically on par with sR and the overall design and gimmick isn't suited for attack in the first place
(Dec. 20, 2017  7:47 AM)BH145WD Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2017  7:41 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: https://youtu.be/hbKt9dg4PSY

Looks like this isn’t good at attack.

The teeth are basically on par with sR and the overall design and gimmick isn't suited for attack in the first place

I think it will do good with 4glaive and atomic, and an A mold god chip or metal god chip. I can see it being very good for defense.
(Dec. 20, 2017  8:24 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: I think it will do good with 4glaive and atomic, and an A mold god chip or metal god chip. I can see it being very good for defense.

With this thing's width and circuity, I can easily see it being the next mG, in fact, considering it actually has teeth, and could potentially weigh more (correct me if i'm wrong on that one lmao) I can see it outclassing mG a la D vs D2 back in the old days of burst
Since I have all those parts (competitive) (my uncle in japan sent me the Ultra Transformation Set, plus I have a RLC 8 full Set, and a limited edition Blaze Ragnaruk 4S.B) on the way, plus my two gV’s have A-Mold God Chips) so I will test this as soon as I get it in the mail against Twin Nemesis 7G.Br /Sieg Excalibur 7B.Xtreme /Nightmare Longinus B.Ds /Legend Spriggan 7B.Xtreme, with the A-God chips (only the ones that are compatible) and will do many battles to see how Screw Trident Holds up! Especially against my sGv 6S.Ul!

I will not test the Ultimate reboot on sT only the 4G.At combo
Tried a new combo. 1st - it looks awesome, 2nd it goes very well.
sT.4M.Pl
Simply put sT on gZ stock combo - presto = strong/heavy/good stamina/withstands attacks
I think the red 4M looks fantastic with the layer

[Image: FLvstgL.jpg][Image: mETLncB.jpg][Image: DH4EgFt.jpg][Image: z1onpku.jpg]
(Feb. 16, 2018  10:04 AM)malinoz01 Wrote: Tried a new combo. 1st - it looks awesome, 2nd it goes very well.
sT.4M.Pl
Simply put sT on gZ stock combo - presto = strong/heavy/good stamina/withstands attacks

[Image: FLvstgL.jpg][Image: mETLncB.jpg][Image: DH4EgFt.jpg][Image: z1onpku.jpg]

Planet tends to get off balance. Try weight instead.
(Feb. 16, 2018  1:59 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2018  10:04 AM)malinoz01 Wrote: Tried a new combo. 1st - it looks awesome, 2nd it goes very well.
sT.4M.Pl

Planet tends to get off balance. Try weight instead.

I actually prefer the unpredictability of Planet at the start of the launch. Makes it more interesting.