[Product]  BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8

(Dec. 11, 2017  5:52 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The orange ring can't turn, it's just there to support the flexible yellow piece.

Yup, I assume the yellow soft rubber is supposed to absorb hits, a bit like the black/orange parts on gK.
I really like this idea and yeah, you're right, if it's meant to be like that it would be the layer equivalent of the Jerk disc.
I hope that I can get my hands on this RLC, these are good choices imo.
(Dec. 12, 2017  1:58 AM)marutti Wrote:
So gimmick is?

So gimmick is?
(Dec. 12, 2017  2:00 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:
So gimmick is?

So gimmick is?
There isn't any explanation about gimick but seems like drain

Very cool! @[marutti], is the yellow 'plastic' actually plastic or is it rubber? Comparing it to Drain Fafnir seems to imply that it's rubber, but it doesn't seem like it is.
(Dec. 12, 2017  2:28 AM)Kei Wrote: Very cool! @[marutti], is the yellow 'plastic' actually plastic or is it rubber? Comparing it to Drain Fafnir seems to imply that it's rubber, but it doesn't seem like it is.

Orange is rubber and drain spin
So who here is going to send me a set from japan? Grin
wow trident with rubber i did NOT expect. good work tt i can already see it "SUPER treptune t3 SPIN STEAL!"
(Dec. 12, 2017  3:45 AM)bidinga Wrote: wow trident with rubber i did NOT expect. good work tt i can already see it "SUPER treptune t3 SPIN STEAL!"

Screw Trident won’t have any spin steal ability unless it battles with left spin beyblades.
would it be recommended to buy the whole set? and if so, at what prices?
I pre ordered the whole set earlier Tonite! I'm super excited for screw trident the most & it's such an easier way to get maximum Garuda and I sort of like the recolor more than the original!
I'm gonna try and look around Umeda tonight and pray that I'm lucky enough to find the new machines
Question: why is it listed as preorder everywhere yet people in japan walkin around with em like their the new iPhone? I thought the release date was the 18th.

(Dec. 12, 2017  3:37 AM)OldSchool™ Wrote: So who here is going to send me a set from japan? Grin

Get it on ebay for 45 free shipping.
I found a set for $20 on a auction site I use lol
Okay so I pulled 11 times at Bic camera and got one sT and 3 mG

The rubber part could help absorb impact but it's mostly covered by the plastic so I don't think it could spin steal well
Basically, the rubber act as a suspension for the soft outer plastic.
Guys, screw tridents gimmick is that the layer is squeezable, meaning when it is hit by the opponents bey it will bounce away from it!

By the looks of this it will be a great Defense layer
(Dec. 12, 2017  5:08 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Guys, screw tridents gimmick is that the layer is squeezable, meaning when it is hit by the opponents bey it will bounce away from it!

So youre saying the layer is made of a softer plastic or a harder rubber? If this is the case, im not sure this is even super good for any stamina use. Softer objects absorb much more than harder objects. Using that knowledge, i assume the layer will do the opposite and maintain a constant close contact. 

My guess is that this layer is going to act similar to fusion hades in the stadium in terms of how it acts. However, I. feel it has potential.

If this is to be competitive and healthy, I feel that it should make attack types drop like flies when battling it, but it should be mediocre against other passive types.

I still feel convinced we should look into banning aT, as it dominates the passive realm of beyblades, and seems to be a silent killer. It also seems to limit the use of other drivers, if anyone else is noticing this phenomenon.
(Dec. 12, 2017  7:49 PM)Sıon Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2017  5:08 PM)Maximum beys Wrote: Guys, screw tridents gimmick is that the layer is squeezable, meaning when it is hit by the opponents bey it will bounce away from it!

I still feel convinced we should look into banning aT, as it dominates the passive realm of beyblades, and seems to be a silent killer. It also seems to limit the use of other drivers, if anyone else is noticing this phenomenon.

If the aT is meant to be sT (Screw Trident), then I have this to say: no.

This Beyblade JUST came out, and there has been such minimal testing of it. We can’t just make assumptions on a Beyblade being too OP without proper testing. 

On the topic of the RLC itself; this is probably one of my favourite ones! The red mG Layer is great, and so is the blue kD. I think the colour scheme used for A2 really fits it, and it’s nice to see I2 get another release (and hopefully it’s not as fragile).
(Dec. 12, 2017  8:57 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2017  7:49 PM)Sıon Wrote:  I still feel convinced we should look into banning aT, as it dominates the passive realm of beyblades, and seems to be a silent killer. It also seems to limit the use of other drivers, if anyone else is noticing this phenomenon.

If the aT is meant to be sT (Screw Trident), then I have this to say: no.

This Beyblade JUST came out, and there has been such minimal testing of it. We can’t just make assumptions on a Beyblade being too OP without proper testing. 

On the topic of the RLC itself; this is probably one of my favourite ones! The red mG Layer is great, and so is the blue kD. I think the colour scheme used for A2 really fits it, and it’s nice to see I2 get another release (and hopefully it’s not as fragile).

Not the actual layer, i meant At, as in Atomic.
Really?... More stamina types that have gimmicks more suited for defense? Honestly this sounds a bit like gKs gimmick (which could explain why gK was turned into a stamina type).
(Dec. 12, 2017  10:30 PM)Sıon Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2017  8:57 PM)Hato Wrote: If the aT is meant to be sT (Screw Trident), then I have this to say: no.

Not the actual layer, i meant At, as in Atomic.

I don't think At should be banned because there's other drivers being used, there's not all Atomic based combos in one winning combos list as of now.
The inner layer isn't secured to the rest of it and bounces away to absorb attacks. (I think)
(Dec. 13, 2017  12:40 AM)ptf606 Wrote:
The inner layer isn't secured to the rest of it and bounces away to absorb attacks. (I think)

The soft plastic holds the orange part in place and is supported by the standard plastic and the screws.

I'm not sure how the bounce effect will be though but I  speculate it to be rather negligible since the main gimmick here is for absorbption