[Product]  BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8

Awesome, I'll be in Japan next week so just in time to grab this and tN
(Dec. 07, 2017  1:47 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: [Image: DQcUi05VoAErqbF.jpg]

Here is the Screw Trident layer. Credit goes to: https://twitter.com/detectiveblader/media

I gotta say, it doesn't look too bad. I love the colours a lot but I'm wondering what the gimmick is. This maybe a stupid guess but I'm going for VariAres' gimmick or maybe something that compresses the layer.

Tbh, the shape is worrying. It's almost hexagonal, so the recoil alone is prolly going to make this layer subpar. I like the colors, but I see this as the M2 of RLC layers.
(Dec. 08, 2017  2:03 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2017  1:47 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote: [Image: DQcUi05VoAErqbF.jpg]

Here is the Screw Trident layer. Credit goes to: https://twitter.com/detectiveblader/media

I gotta say, it doesn't look too bad. I love the colours a lot but I'm wondering what the gimmick is. This maybe a stupid guess but I'm going for VariAres' gimmick or maybe something that compresses the layer.

Tbh, the shape is worrying. It's almost hexagonal, so the recoil alone is prolly going to make this layer subpar. I like the colors, but I see this as the M2 of RLC layers.

yet another layer set to be doomed...for failure...Ark Bahamut, Tornado Wyvern...So many beautiful layers that are just absolutely useless competitively...why TT? Why must this nerfing continue?
(Dec. 08, 2017  3:06 AM)Dragunix Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2017  2:03 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Tbh, the shape is worrying. It's almost hexagonal, so the recoil alone is prolly going to make this layer subpar. I like the colors, but I see this as the M2 of RLC layers.

yet another layer set to be doomed...for failure...Ark Bahamut, Tornado Wyvern...So many beautiful layers that are just absolutely useless competitively...why TT? Why must this nerfing continue?

It hasn't been released yet, we never know until it is released. Plus, the gimmick could make it useful.
It got leaked. Screw Trident is epic.......
[Image: DQq9Ge0UQAIwWtj.jpg]
Awwwww they all look so good! That sT looks incredible too!
sT is absolutely MASSIVE (no pun intended) almost as big as mG!!!!!!!! Gasp
Pretty cool set I guess. You'd hope it'd be leaked by now, it's out in a few days right? I already pre-ordered it a month a go for a decent price on eBay
What's with these Gigantosaurus rex beyblades as of late: mG, nL and now sT
im just guessing based on the picture, but maybe the red ring on the inside and the red exposed parts on the outside of the layer are either all rubber (so that it takes less damage) or all metal (to make attacks stronger) because from the two images leaked so far it doesnt appear as it the layer would have any moving part gimmicks like TT has been doing a lot lately

Edit:    looking at the official images now it doesnt seem to have either of these gimmicks at all, and looks amazing btw, but the red part (which im presuming is still the gimmick) looks like it could be hard or soft plastic used to help deflect attacks maybe?
Official picture of BG-08 Random Layer Collection Vol. 8 from T-ARTS.

[Image: 20sy36b.jpg]
(Dec. 11, 2017  6:19 AM)Bey_$avage Wrote: im just guessing based on the picture, but maybe the red ring on the inside and the red exposed parts on the outside of the layer are either all rubber (so that it takes less damage) or all metal (to make attacks stronger) because from the two images leaked so far it doesnt appear as it the layer would have any moving part gimmicks like TT has been doing a lot lately

Thanks for the pic @[azsas]

I really hope it's not a rubber gimmick, it seems more like a defensive gimmick (unless it's left spin of course like dF). However, it does look like it is :(

EDIT: Looking at it more carefully though, the shape of the red piece on the layer, it is shaped weirdly. It kinda lines up with the gaps on the layer quite nicely.

EDIT 2: Wow, I love how the layers are in primary colours.
Wow the sT layer looks amazing! I love it! Now if I had one guess of the gimmick, it's probably like gK where it has flexible plastic that moves out, only this time it's strictly for centrifugal force and not meant for contact.
does anyone know when the release date is yet ?
The outer ring (pale yellow part) of Screw Trident layer is fully made up of soft plastic materials! Wat?

Reference:  https://twitter.com/yamato_ch003/status/...0414100480
trident kinda looks like gravity Perseus so it could have a mode change which could be changed by removing the god chip
(Dec. 11, 2017  12:38 PM)azsas Wrote: The outer ring (pale yellow part) of Screw Trident layer is fully made up of soft plastic materials! Wat?

Reference:  https://twitter.com/yamato_ch003/status/...0414100480

That's pretty freaky! I'm assuming the clear yellow plastic is the same kind as Jerk? That might end up putting a damper on it's stamina...
I wish we got a clearer view of the teeth but so far, it doesn't look that good but the camera is too blurry and the movement is too fast to tell for sure.
Yeah, looks like the clear yellow is like jerk and the orange might even be rubber? Teeth look okay at best, might be horrible but can't really tell. If they're not horrible, they'll be ok, but the definitely don't look good. I'm most excited for the new layer and the Red Garuda. Everything else is also cool, at least for looks. I was hoping the I2 had purple stickers, I thought they were yellow or green at first... the A2 might be my least favorite, but is still cool for sure ?
Really digging this design, reminds me a lot of Gravity Perseus. I wonder what kind of "soft plastics" are used though. (What are regular burst layers made of, by the way? I assume by their strength it is some sort of Polycarbonate?)
so we know that the layer looks like. and i wonder what is up with the orange ring in it. it looks like by turning it it can be in two positions. is this why it is called "screw" trident?
Oh, now see how it can change positions. Hmmm....
The orange ring can't turn, it's just there to support the flexible yellow piece.