[Product]  BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS

LOL, I forgot BD145. Although I still think it won't have much positive effect.
(May. 28, 2011  2:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: Don't write it off yet, if there's one thing I learnt from Vulcan, Beat and Big Bang it's don't assume it'll suck until it's had a couple months testing. We're yet to have a Too Light 4d wheel, so hold off killing it before it's lived.

Remember, everyone thought vulcan would suck...

i actually thought vulcan and beat would be good... smash attack is always good but vulcan's major flaw was it's weight... it loses to perseus because it was too light weight. beat on the other hand fixes that flaw. When i saw the stats of Beat's weight, i knew it was gonna outclass both perseus and vulcan. Vulcan was good but (again) it would have beat perseus if it weren't so light weight.
to get to my point:
what are the top characteristics of a stamina type? recoil, weight, and shape (which ties in to recoil), AND sometimes height. I wouldn't see much from scythe because Earth bull 100WD is outclassed by Hell kerbecs because it's too light weight so earth can't keep the spin as long as Hell kerbecs can. It's BD145 also prevents a faster deceleration on hell kerbecs. Now Basalt Horogium outclasses Kerbecs. why? it has weight and a circular shape that Kerbecs cannot beat. Now y doesn't libra have the same ability since it's heavy and circular? well simply to say, it has issues with having horrible recoil which can slow it down massively. the tiny details on it's shape is what makes it horrible with stamina. now let's get back to scythe... shape... yes, it's nice... circular so maybe semi-good with stamina... weight... look at it... definite no... recoil, maybe... but the bumps on top can affect it but u never know... common theme with OUT CLASSED parts? answer is WEIGHT... which scythe seems to lack...
Vulcan isn't light, it's only a gram or two u.der perseus, iirc it was second heaviest. There's more to beats success than its weight, too.

Traditionally stamina types ARE low weight though with weight focussed around the perimeter of the wheel. We don't know the weight or distribution of scythe yet. Just saying, if we get a 4d bearing core, it may be a great wheel for it.
well, every gram counts. It's the reason y we find it helpful to place Metal Faces on our blades if we feel that it is too light... =P

and if stamina types are based on light weight, explain Earth losing to basalt.... Basalt has more recoil than earth but Basalt still beats it.... Earth is lighter and basalt is heavier, yet basalt wins in terms of stamina BY A LONG SHOT. Beat has more stamina than Vulcan (i tested this in a hasbro super vortex stadium to test for stamina) and beat can clearly outspin by a good minute. Explain Earth bull losing to Hell Kerbecs, hell kerbecs is heavier yet earth bull cannot compare when it comes to stamina. the top stamina combos have this common theme with weight.... the "light weight" stamina combos ur thinking is probably earth and burn which are NOW OUTCLASSED BY THESE NEW ONES! =P although this one is new and light weight, it probably won't compare to the heavier ones. don't base it on "we thought some other beyblade would suck but they're actually good".... we thought EWD was good but it turned out to be a disappointment because it cannot have stamina to save its life.... the only use for it is a Basalt ____ 230EWD combo....
Simple Version: Consider it this way, would you put an MF-H on a stamina combo?

LONG VERSION: Weight distribution and total weight are very different. Basalt works because it's movement severely dents the opponents stamina, plus it gets a flywheel effect from the gyration caused by the "staircase".
Weight distribution is more important than weight.
There is a point where a bey will have poorer stamina due to low weight, as can be seen with Light Wheels. However, I doubt Scythe will be that light. I think that's related to inertia, it's been a while since I did physics. A heavier beyblade, with the weight focussed centrally rotates faster, but it doesn't spin for as long as one with the weight around the outside.

EWD has stamina on par with WD, IIRC, but it's a touch easier to KO.

Plus, with a bearing core, this would basically be a perfect zombie wheel.

I'm not saying it WILL be good, I'm just saying "Don't Write It Off"
(May. 28, 2011  6:38 PM)th!nk Wrote: EWD has stamina on par with WD, IIRC, but it's a touch easier to KO.

Plus, with a bearing core, this would basically be a perfect zombie wheel.

I'm not saying it WILL be good, I'm just saying "Don't Write It Off"

hmm, very good point... although i have to disagree with u on the EWD part. i tested EWD for a while and i tried placing EWD on Hell kerbecs to see if it would still beat Earth Bull 100WD.... EWD somehow made Hell kerbecs lose... which is a VERY RARE occasion... but somehow common with EWD.
(May. 28, 2011  6:38 PM)th!nk Wrote: Simple Version: Consider it this way, would you put an MF-H on a stamina combo?

LONG VERSION: Weight distribution and total weight are very different. Basalt works because it's movement severely dents the opponents stamina, plus it gets a flywheel effect from the gyration caused by the "staircase".
Weight distribution is more important than weight.
There is a point where a bey will have poorer stamina due to low weight, as can be seen with Light Wheels. However, I doubt Scythe will be that light. I think that's related to inertia, it's been a while since I did physics. A heavier beyblade, with the weight focussed centrally rotates faster, but it doesn't spin for as long as one with the weight around the outside.

Actually, it's a two way street. It has to be a combo of those two.

I understand the point you're trying to get across, but here's my opinion:

Think of it this way- is it easier to knock over a 300 lb or 100 lb person?

what you say is very much correct... in solo spin.

This is why hell bd145 does so well in stamina, and does better than burn(i used burn for a specific reason). Hell has a balance of heavy weight and good distribution, whereas burn has the best distribution of all wheels(from what I previously knew), but still loses. The reason? If you get knocked around very easily to the point of major spin depletion, it's no good to have good distribution.
I'm not up to date on the metagame currently, nor do I care to be, but I think you get the point.
Virgo 5Min had the best distribution. But yes, you do need weight to an extent now (though don't forget, Hell has an AMAZINGLY good weight distribution for stamina, with all that weight so far from the centre).
Burn also has a fair bit of recoil, which is why it also works well for attack. This Scythe wheel looks like it'll be almost round, and it has that plastic thing which will help a little when beys are grinding against it. This means it shouldn't be AS easy to knock around.

But yes, you are right, you do need a certain amount of weight. I kinda mentioned that with the light wheels thing, but yeah.

Here's a good article from beywiki about the main thing more weight/central weight affects, which is spin velocity. It kinda brushes over stamina types, but it's still worth a read: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...n_velocity
What I hope now is this Scythe wheel not to be too light-weighted.
mmm...the concept just like zeus of plastics..zombie combo???perhaps..
WOW they went totally old school on us. I LOVE it. Looks like a cross between Warlion's sub ring and War Monkey's subring! Ohh I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Galeon is my favourite beyblade of all time... as much as I am gaga for HMS days.
The temporary official picture :
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8901/...rcialp.jpg
I did not take this screenshot.

Attack Mode and Stamina Mode ? So the PC Frame can be fixed depending on where it is placed ? Actually, the stickers are different, so I think you flip it to either have it fixed or freely rotate. Yet another different customization.
Interesting.....So this is to be released on June 18th. Hm.....Thanks for the update Kai-V!
Whoa, cool. Thanks for that update Kai-V.
Thanks for the update Kai-V! Looks very nice cosmetically. Loved the way this think looked, and hopefully EDS is a bit better than DS.
Yes I'm hoping the same. I've heard DS isn't great and is outclassed, but I also heard that it wasn't tested that much. If it is bad, then what would make a free spinning version of it better? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
DS isn't top tier, but it has it's uses, in some less conventional combo's.
Free spinning might open some windows, though if the defense part is free spinning, it would be a bit silly.

Still, that is a SWEET looking bey, Kai-V. Thanks for the pic, and release date Grin
gonna get this when it releses imin japan for 3 months Smile
thanks for the update Kai-V. 2 modes is just what i am unexpected. Sweet, Just see it on the anime. i am hoping this Bey have good attack and stamina like Hell
It's completely round so I highly doubt if will have any decent attack ability.
(Jun. 13, 2011  10:18 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: It's completely round so I highly doubt if will have any decent attack ability.

it's not COMPLETELY round, if you noticed the picture Kai-V linked, it has some small bumps. Although I think it's attack won't be spectacular if it has any at all.
BTW, thanks for the pictures Kai-V
Ahh the 4D system will be one heck of a challenge for us. Thanks Kai-V! Im glad TT is bringing old Skool to da new skool.
Definitely shaping up to look like a good Stamina/Destabilizer wheel for sure.
Being released so soon, too!
from the looks of it one mode stays in place or locked and the other is for the free spin
Just to confirm, since it is now official : everything in the title is spelled correctly. There is no "h" in Kronos, as was speculated.