[Product]  B-59 Starter Zillion Zeus

*cringe* I didn't think one blade could break so much... Takara's dropping the ball here. The Stamina Layers so far are either bad, or fragile. Ragnaruk's shape and teeth kill it, Chaos got brutally shafted due to the horrible teeth, and now this!? It makes no sense...
One man's failure is another man's success. If TT fails in fixing the problem maybe Hasbro will try to improve design and profit from it (no metter how blunt they designs currently are). Tongue_out
(Sep. 22, 2016  11:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Takara-Tomy's bewildering lack of acknowledgement for what stamina-type Layers actually are and how they actually should work so far has been strange, to say the least. Especially when MFB had great designs like Virgo, Libra (even if overpowered), and Burn pretty early out of the gate.
Chaos is pretty great conceptually too, even if real-world performance leaves a bit to be desired.

They need some level of protrusion to keep their burst defense down though.
I swear that stamina types in burst aren't round and rely on having centrifugal force for it's stamina, while defense types have rounder layers presumably to make it harder to burst. Chaos is the only one that's a round layer.
(Sep. 23, 2016  1:49 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(Sep. 22, 2016  11:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Takara-Tomy's bewildering lack of acknowledgement for what stamina-type Layers actually are and how they actually should work so far has been strange, to say the least. Especially when MFB had great designs like Virgo, Libra (even if overpowered), and Burn pretty early out of the gate.
Chaos is pretty great conceptually too, even if real-world performance leaves a bit to be desired.

They need some level of protrusion to keep their burst defense down though.

Chaos handled this very well actually, and the solution wasn't really protrusions but gaps.
Speaking of the metal ball gimmick, someone on twitter made a slow-mo video that shows that the balls in Zillion Zeus don't retract even when it's spinning very slowly, and will only move when it basically stops spinning.
https://twitter.com/SakuraIbuki/status/7...8737504256
Here's one for Draciel F even:
https://twitter.com/SakuraIbuki/status/7...8937239552
I feel like I've been mislead for years lol. Cake, is right, this gimmick would have to be heavily redesigned for it to actually work as advertised. But then again, the Draciel bases were only popular because they could be loaded with extra metal balls for more weight and GB145 was also popular just for being a heavier track.
I think you'll find that Cake is actually a lie too :p.
So ... lots of talk about the layer, justifiably, but no comments on the Disk or Driver? I'm waiting for mine but surely someone here has it?
Personally thinks I.W. are beasts...

had a look of it when balanceblader brought it to the tournament today, 'I' has a big radius and it's round, i'd compare it with spread or say it's the evolution of spread as it improved the weakness that spread is not thick enough. I would love to do some more experiments on it when i get it.

and just like MB in MFB, W is the exact same thing. Reduces friction, heavier weight and impressive durability of metal is going to bring a new brainstorm to defense/stamina bladers. However, just like the problem of MB, will 'W' makes the beyblade easy to unbalance? that may be something to consider. But it definitely will be a drive to push up the longest spinning time of Burst tops.
Mine will be here in about a week or so. I can't wait to try this driver. Curious how this will do paired with Odin. Has anyone got Zeus Yet?
I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now.
The driver is quite disappointing. The metal ball does not protrude outwards enough The plastic surrounding it makes contact with the stadium even at the slighted angle. If MB was 10/10, then this is a 3/10. Sad.

The Infinite disc is actually oval. Could be used in interesting combos with specific layers.
(Sep. 24, 2016  11:44 PM)philo1114 Wrote: Personally thinks I.W. are beasts...

had a look of it when balanceblader brought it to the tournament today, 'I' has a big radius and it's round, i'd compare it with spread or say it's the evolution of spread as it improved the weakness that spread is not thick enough. I would love to do some more experiments on it when i get it.

and just like MB in MFB, W is the exact same thing. Reduces friction, heavier weight and impressive durability of metal is going to bring a new brainstorm to defense/stamina bladers. However, just like the problem of MB, will 'W' makes the beyblade easy to unbalance? that may be something to consider. But it definitely will be a drive to push up the longest spinning time of Burst tops.

The entire design of the spread disk is that it's not thick.... And I don't think that's a weakness.
(Sep. 24, 2016  11:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: So ... lots of talk about the layer, justifiably, but no comments on the Disk or Driver? I'm waiting for mine but surely someone here has it?

Need to do more testing on them, but in my brief testing with them before the tournament this past weekend I'd say that that both Infinity and Weight may be usable for Stamina in some capacity. At the Toronto event this past weekend Bawb18 used Deathscyther + Weight to win a couple BeyBattles against Dark Deathscyther (which may or may not be that surprising, but it's something). However, even though Weight is the heaviest Driver now (I'm assuming), I am a bit concerned about its defensive power versus something like the plastic-tipped Orbit that has more friction with the stadium floor. Nevertheless, I'm sure some legitimate use cases will be discovered for Weight in time.

On the other hand, Zillion Zeus is probably useless ... On Xtreme, it actually does pretty decently against Dark Deathscyther, but because its teeth are not strong, the result is often a Double Burst Finish. Unhappy
Apparently TAKARA-TOMY has started sending replacements to Japanese residents:
https://twitter.com/ghost_449/status/786...75008?s=09

Who knows if the issue is solved though...
If it is, we'll soon see something I'm sure. However I'd be surprised if they fixed the issue that quickly.
Now let's see if they send replacements for all the broken Baldur...
Wow, that translucent Z2 looks very nice! I assume there are only 10 or 100 made, and it's for a CoroCoro lottery? Gold Z2 also looks very nice!
(Oct. 14, 2016  2:18 PM)Hato Wrote: Wow, that translucent Z2 looks very nice! I assume there are only 10 or 100 made, and it's for a CoroCoro lottery? Gold Z2 also looks very nice!
Yeah For Sure That looks good hah ! There are only 100 I guess from CoroCoro Lottery And Gold Z2 Wow I kinda Like Variable Driver Color !

Thanks For The Photos Kai !
I'm glad it's kinda tackier than I expected since I was regretting not getting it. I really like Z2.

Would love to have that red Infinity ...
The Z2.M.V looks very beautiful. Smile
I really want that Translucent Zillion Zeus(for the red infinity disk) and the gold one for everything!
(Oct. 15, 2016  3:19 AM){YT}Enderz Wrote: I really want that Translucent Zillion Zeus(for the red infinity disk) and the gold one for everything!

Funny how this red Infinity also comes with the Speed Custom Set coming out soon.
(Oct. 15, 2016  4:08 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2016  3:19 AM){YT}Enderz Wrote: I really want that Translucent Zillion Zeus(for the red infinity disk) and the gold one for everything!

Funny how this red Infinity also comes with the Speed Custom Set coming out soon.

Oh wow that's true lol nvm then I'm getting the Ultra Reshuffle set Speed version then.