[Product]  B-59 Starter Zillion Zeus

Maybe the problem is in the dual system itself. Before the HMS era all attack rings were made as single part, making them durable enough to witstand the stress of the battle. HMS for the first time seperated AR into metal frame (that was in most cases durable enough to work on it's own) and plastic subframe that incorporated most of the desing elements. MFB system improved on that basic layout by increasing the metal content and making metal frames more detailed.

Dual layer system replaced metal with plastic and made whole thing a lot more prone to breakage. Connecting to thin layers of plastic is not as effective as making it a single piece in the first place. Connecting screws may add some strenght but underneath it all it's still two layers acting on their own. In most cases one layer brakes first. If they were glued it would be another story as laminated matterials act as "one", but when you have screws as connection points all the stess goues trough them at one point. I mean if HMS metal parts were braking (Dranzer MS had it's issues), plastic ones will break even easier.

After all this tops are meant to clash so making them durable should be their primary objective. Uncertain
Trust me, glue does -beep- all at the speeds beyblades spin.
Wow, I think this is a fourth person who experiences breaks, and their Zillion Zeus Dual Layer broke at two places:

[Image: CstgH5nUMAQ_EbJ.jpg]
https://twitter.com/321gosh00t/status/77...6798379012
(Sep. 19, 2016  3:38 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Wow, I think this is a fourth person who experiences breaks, and their Zillion Zeus Dual Layer broke at two places:

[Image: CstgH5nUMAQ_EbJ.jpg]
https://twitter.com/321gosh00t/status/77...6798379012

Wow. Really hope these are being faked like someone aforementioned.
"TT, this breaks so easily, why do you do this?"
"But it has metal balls!!"
"TT?"
"METAL BALLS!!!!!"
Looks like all breaks were in the same place. Either this is some unfortunate coincidence or they never did test of this thing to notice something this frequent.
How surprising that it's not the Z's breaking.. Seems like this may be a problem like V2 was, sadly.
I've been wondering.. Does the metal ball gimmick really work on Jade Jupiter and Zillion Zeus?
Came onto my PC ready to buy this from HLJ, but now that I'm reading this.... I feel a little less enthusiastic. Should I still buy this now or wait a little?
(Sep. 20, 2016  12:41 AM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Came onto my PC ready to buy this from HLJ, but now that I'm reading this.... I feel a little less enthusiastic. Should I still buy this now or wait a little?

Hard to say. We don't know the exact circumstances behind any of these breaks (unless I've missed a more detailed explanation for one of them somewhere) and nobody on the WBO has reported a breakage of their own yet (although we only have a few active members in Japan and most likely nobody outside of Japan has it yet), but I'd wait a little bit until more people on here have got their hands on it.
For the breaks that we do know, it all happened during battle... One Twitter user clearly mentioned that it happened after just twenty launches.

Someone litterally filmed the incident:
Against the notoriously powerful and aggressive Unlock Unicorn .D.N /sarcasm
(Sep. 20, 2016  2:40 AM)Kai-V Wrote: For the breaks that we do know, it all happened during battle... One Twitter user clearly mentioned that it happened after just twenty launches.

Well, of course. I just meant we didn't know which Beyblade it was facing when it broke; if it was against something like Wyvern the situation would be even more dire haha.

Although ... breaking against Unlock Unicorn isn't great either (even though it does have that horn).
I have no idea how the Beyblade they faced even makes a difference: this vulnerability should not exist, period. I thought your previous comment was refering to other ways their Zillion Zeus may have broken, like by misuse or bad manipulation.
This, this is very disheartening considering MFB and even Burst Gen 1 had so few problems compared to this. I think I will get Odin or Unicorn instead, hopefully Hasbro can fix this issue. Though I do expect some remolds*cough*Xcaliber*cough*
(Sep. 20, 2016  3:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I have no idea how the Beyblade they faced even makes a difference: this vulnerability should not exist, period. I thought your previous comment was refering to other ways their Zillion Zeus may have broken, like by misuse or bad manipulation.

I'm not saying it should exist. I'm saying that it makes more sense logically for a Beyblade to break–if it is going to–against an opponent which is aggressively designed (ie. Victory Valkyrie, Xeno Xcalibur) than one that is not (ie. Wyvern, Odin). But if it breaks against even something relatively passively designed–like Unlock Unicorn–that's of course a bad sign!
[insert groan-worthy "them's the breaks" pun here]

Oh well... I guess I'm not terribly upset that my shopping service didn't have this in stock when I asked him for it after all.
(Sep. 20, 2016  6:18 AM)cadney Wrote: [insert groan-worthy "them's the breaks" pun here]

Oh well... I guess I'm not terribly upset that my shopping service didn't have this in stock when I asked him for it after all.

But what if Infinity or Weight are useful? Wink People seem to be focusing on Zillion Zeus (for good reason, of course), and forgetting that there's two other brand new parts in this release! Although, I understand if people want to wait now because of the Layer problems.

Of course ... regardless, I can't wait due to competitive reasons haha.
clearly, all of you are unaware, that this is a new gimmick called "break". they will officially announce this new gimmick with lost longinus.
TT: "we had the courage to go beyond "burst", introducing "break".
(Sep. 20, 2016  9:04 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: clearly, all of you are unaware, that this is a new gimmick called "break". they will officially announce this new gimmick with lost longinus.
TT: "we had the courage to go beyond "burst", introducing "break".

Well I'll be looking forward to Victory Valkyries attack, "Ultimate Sacrifice".

I also still don't get why Weight is considered a stamina driver, it's weight is focused in the centre, and while Stamina types have heavier disks, defense types are the ones that have intentionally heavier drivers. The anime makes Z2IW very defensive like.
This is another break, from a different section, and apparently that break or just the thumb injury is due to Xeno Xcalibur:

[Image: CsyZly7W8AAgV1Q.jpg]

From: https://twitter.com/kuma0king0/status/77...80673?s=09
Yea, I'm not getting this one. Not now. This one seems worse than V2. Yes, these are intended for children, but they should be much more durable than this. Clearly, its the 2 protrusions that guard the 'Z' on each side that are the primarily fragile parts. Hopefully TT is aware of the issue and fixes it in due time. As for me, I'm gonna go ahead and get a different dual layer one.
Looks like the primary reason for the fragility is the screw going right through that area. All of the breaks are immediately around it.
If that's the case, I dont even know how they could fix this. I don't see anywhere else they could put all four screws without removing some of them form the design altogether.
Just making the plastic thicker could help (as it would have with a bunch of other Dual Layer issues lol)
(Sep. 20, 2016  5:31 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Yea, I'm not getting this one. Not now. This one seems worse than V2. Yes, these are intended for children, but they should be much more durable than this. Clearly, its the 2 protrusions that guard the 'Z' on each side that are the primarily fragile parts. Hopefully TT is aware of the issue and fixes it in due time. As for me, I'm gonna go ahead and get a different dual layer one.

And to that I say:

(Sep. 18, 2016  5:00 PM)Jinbee Wrote: While adults are generally physically stronger, we should also take into account that most older players tend to be more aware of their parts and their conditions, a lot of little kids don't check the parts conditions or do as much to prevent them from breaking faster, they mainly just focus on the intense action of the tops. I think they should be more durable for that reason because kids could break the Beyblades just as, if not more easily than some older players, and being battling tops, they need to be able to take some abuse.