[Product]  B-34 Starter Victory Valkyrie .B.V

If they wanted to be it Variable, have the rubber spikes carried by a section which can be pressed inwards. Wearing down on purpose sounds pretty stupid TBH.
(Apr. 01, 2016  5:57 PM)gankoba Wrote: After 20 launches, my Variable driver's middle rubber spikes have all been torn off. There used to be 6, now there are 0. Only the smaller spikes remain, and it's become a pretty horrible tip

Was that an aprils fools joke or do they really wear down so fast?
(Apr. 01, 2016  7:26 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2016  5:57 PM)gankoba Wrote: After 20 launches, my Variable driver's middle rubber spikes have all been torn off. There used to be 6, now there are 0. Only the smaller spikes remain, and it's become a pretty horrible tip

Please stop with this. OkinawamTS already confirmed that this is an intentional design decision.

They Really do wear Very Fast !!!
Also If I get this bey I am not sure. I would be really scared to use The Variable Driver.
If someone gets Victory Valkyrie Fire Knight Version and they use and the Driver Just wears down ?
(Apr. 01, 2016  7:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Please stop with this. OkinawamTS already confirmed that this is an intentional design decision.

Wow. That was a really weird design choice from takara then. I hope they will release a second version where it won´t wear down that fast. Unhappy
If they want the tip to be like it is after the spikes are worn down, I can't understand why they wouldn't just make the tip that shape in the first place? I feel like this sends such a poor message to the consumer, that these parts are intended to wear down extremely over time. I can't help but remember how people felt that Valkyrie's weak teeth might be an intentional decision to encourage repeat purchases. I think we can conclude now that this wasn't the case, which makes it more inexplicable that they would decide to do this now.
Perhaps it's trying to be a weird FGrin that can only happen once. I mean the spikes might as well just be a hinderance for the wide black tip! I mean, this might be the worst idea for a Rubber Tip ever! The fact it was done on purpose makes it worse IMO.
I have some theorys:
1. They do this on purpuse so that you have to spend more money to stay competative.
2. You first have to battle with Variable until you get the full power out of it. It´s then like training a Pokemon. lol
3. It was just a poor design choice and maybe they will release an updated version of it soon.
How about:

4. They think that the target market will find it cool that the part's performance changes over time.

I suspect that's the actual answer.
Maybe They correct it you know In like Their 1st restock because some of the Shops Are Sold out already or Not taking Order Anymore online.
(Apr. 01, 2016  8:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: How about:

4. They think that the target market will find it cool that the part's performance changes over time.

I guess an FGrin or any auto change gimmick wasn't cool enough no, instead they have to be all manly and make you earn your parts change.
(Apr. 01, 2016  8:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: How about:

That´s what I meant with number 2.
I'm guessing the spikes are meant to bend down over the course of the battle and eventually touch the wide PVC part. But I'm just speculating at this point.
I heard about Gankoba's driver problem earlier but was unable to post, but now here I am;

I find it pretty upsetting that this is happening, as the part is shown to easily break. At least the original Valkryie layer could still be used (even though they become pretty useless), this is just straight out broken. My guess is that TAKARA-TOMY will not fix it, just like the Valkryie layer, which is sad. Even if this is their intention for it to be like an F : D, it was poorly executed. Seems like problem keep arising, like the extremely short S2 teeth, R2 having worst than it predecessor and this. Uncertain
i think gimmick of Variable is to wear depending on how blader use it.

i think it's made to 'sit on top of blade's skills, perfectly'. or to get better or worst depending on how skilled blader is.

i'm sure TT must did something to control how it will wear. it seems made due to laziness but i think it's really creative and intresting idea. GOOD JOB, TAKARA TOMY

spoilt-spoiler (Click to View)
(Apr. 01, 2016  7:17 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Did you watch it? It's an April Fool's joke ... ugh.

Exactly. Sorry I couldn't resist :'D
i know i've seen pictures
but does anyone know how wide the tip is in mm, and wide it is in comparison to xtreme.
Maybe they are meant to wear, but it's just weird, they've completely broken off. It would have been better if they gradually got shorter, but after less than 10 launches, 3 spikes came off, and then soon after the rest flew off.
But don't abandon this release because of the driver! V2 is AMAZING!! The teeth are pretty much the same as V1 but stronger! They won't wear down after 10 launches. Even after 30 launches the teeth look brand new
Victory Valkyrie weighs around 9 grams, which is definitely among the heaviest Layers even rounded up. Boost weighs 19 grams, basically like Wing, and Variable is around five or so grams, as usual too.
Victory Valkyrie weighs 8.8 - 8.9 grams
Boost weighs 19.5 - 19.6 grams
Variable weighs 6.0 - 6.1 grams

(Apr. 02, 2016  7:44 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Victory Valkyrie weighs around 9 grams, which is definitely among the heaviest Layers even rounded up. Boost weighs 19 grams, basically like Wing, and Variable is around five or so grams, as usual too.
So all around, Variable sucks and should never be used. Well, V2 layer is still my goal to get.
(Apr. 02, 2016  2:44 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: So all around, Variable sucks and should never be used. Well, V2 layer is still my goal to get.

How can you just conclude that when it came out literally not even a day ago. Persoanlly from what i've seen in videos, variable seems like an easier to control Xtreme, not sure if that will turn out true because on WBO we tend to launch much better than what we've seen from the current videos.
I just found a new video from Leotoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEr9wALMeng He made a video about Victory Valkyrie B.V. I don´t understand much japanese but it looked like the 6 spikes in the center of the Variable Driver were broken off just like gankoba´s. He only battled 4 times with it.
This is so bizarre. I could understand a part designed to wear over time, but to see pieces of literally just break off ... even if this by design, I wonder if it was really a good idea. Lots of Japanese Bladers seem pretty upset about it.
(Apr. 02, 2016  4:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is so bizarre. I could understand a part designed to wear over time, but to see pieces of literally just break off ... even if this by design, I wonder if it was really a good idea. Lots of Japanese Bladers seem pretty upset about it.
so the "spikes" actually break off and not wear down, this makes zero sense.
hopefully they make a different mold, where the "spikes" are wider and made of stronger rubber.
i'll probably hold off on buying it hoping they fix this.