[Product]  B-28 Booster Neptune Armed Zephyr

Woah! The driver is a lot brighter than I thought! I need this Beyblade so much! Pinching_eyes
Thanks for the image. Grin
Wow! And he took the moral high ground by not buying it!!
(Jan. 17, 2016  3:28 PM)gankoba Wrote: Wow! And he took the moral high ground by not buying it!!

you already have it available in Fukuoka?
(Jan. 17, 2016  3:51 PM)gankoba Wrote: I don't think so, I haven't gone to look though.

I dont think you will find it, this picture is probably just a shop display test by TakaraTomy
Hm, I do not remember HF actually having the same speed as F in Metal Fight Beyblade, since otherwise everyone would have used it instead of Flat. It does not have the same surface of contact as F anyway, so whenever it is flat on the stadium floor, there is no way it behaves the same.
HF has the same width and so the surface is effectively the same, only with the grip from the centre missing. HF was, IIRC, roughly on par with F in terms of movement but just could not hold its own in collisions, even against stamina types.
In MFB, even for a staller, I would never use HF because the first tap and anything circling the ridge on it would be out.
In Burst, contact points aren't metal so things are different, though probably not vastly so.
I can see this being good on Wyvern Heavy. Although I don't really remember HF being very notable.
I do not know how you can state that HF was the same surface of contact as F yet also admit in the first sentence that it has a whole hole in its centre hah. The surface missing is indeed negligible when it circles around the stadium because only the border around the flat tip is used to produce an attack pattern, but the rest will not be the same, as you explained.

Anyway, Neptune was effectively removed from the store where it had been leaked, so it was definitely a mess-up and not an actual official TAKARA-TOMY display. It is sort of odd that both CoroCoro and stores have made such big mistakes this time ...
https://twitter.com/empty_jj/status/688537416727056384
I would have grabbed that...
What mistake did corocoro make?
(Jan. 17, 2016  4:48 PM)gankoba Wrote: I would have grabbed that...
What mistake did corocoro make?

Read here and onwards : http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...pid1308090
I hope the durability of the driver is good. Most of the HF's I have from metal fight ended up getting dented very easily. Afterwards they lost their proper movement and speed.
how do we exactly know zephyr is analogous to HF,and don't say it's because the middle of the driver is lighter in color because that's on every promo picture from above
(Jan. 17, 2016  6:56 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: how do we exactly know zephyr is analogous to HF,and don't say it's because the middle of the driver is lighter in color because that's on every promo picture from above

What do you mean ? There is clearly a hole in the tip, as we saw from the underside view pictures from CoroCoro already.
(Jan. 17, 2016  7:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2016  6:56 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: how do we exactly know zephyr is analogous to HF,and don't say it's because the middle of the driver is lighter in color because that's on every promo picture from above

What do you mean ? There is clearly a hole in the tip, as we saw from the underside view pictures from CoroCoro already.

i can't see much detail in those pictures,all i can see is a neon red driver with details i can't make out
(Jan. 18, 2016  12:41 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2016  7:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

i can't see much detail in those pictures,all i can see is a neon red driver with details i can't make out

TAKARA-TOMY's official description confirms it : there is a hole in the shaft, and reduced friction with the stadium floor.
Quote:軸先に穴を開けて接地面との摩擦を減らした形状で機動力と持久力を兼ね備えるバランス系ドライバー。

And the official picture of Zephyr :
[Image: QoIxEiJ.png]

If you compare with the render for Accel, you can clearly see a difference in the tips; Zephyr's is much lighter and you can actually see opposite side of the tip since the layer of clear plastic is thinner, so it is less translucid and more transparent.

[Image: Fh3Bbin.png]
How does that affect performance? What was HF like in MFB?
Not really prefered over just Flat. Less friction with the floor does mean more stamina, but also less aggressivity. RF came out not long after that, so it was really just obsolete very soon. WF also saw more use than HF.

And as someone mentioned, it was not rare to see HFs warped from use, since the hole does make the plastic of the circumference less durable.
I do find it interesting that they're marketing this as a Balance-type Driver, when even Blow was an Attack-type ...

Thanks Kai-V Smile
i can't read japanese

also what no wings?! Unhappy
Zephyr reminds me a lot of HF from MFB. I think Deathscyther Spread Zephyr'll be a good Stall Attack Combo. But I just don't get it why they made Wolf SF an Attack Type and Pegasis HF a Balance Type.
Meh, nothing special in the videos of Neptune Armed Zephyr so far, and Neptune seems to be of average weight. No burst anyway :

We need to see it against a real attack type so we can tell but that does somewhat support my theory about it being all recoil and no burst.
It doesn't look that pretty anymore. Hopefully it's just the lighting of that video.