[Product]  B-28 Booster Neptune Armed Zephyr

(Jan. 14, 2016  4:37 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: Even I am surprised to see this as balance when that has traditionally been HF/S' place but hole flat has the same functional area as an attack type tip with far less actual surface area, producing less friction and more stamina while not losing aggressive movement. While it is predominantly an attack type tip, HF is more stamina orientated even than MF so, while not the traditional balance type, this release does make some sense.
Also note that HF's main weakness is complete lack of grip, making it highly recoily and terrible for attack but that more recoil means less layer movement on collision, potentially giving it burst defense akin to a stamina type tip aswell without having to stay in the centre and take hits like one.
Like many of the other MFB rereleases, the new mechanic does change up the usefulness of the part somewhat, in this case perhaps suggesting that stallers are the new stamina type.

Oh and the layer is clearly defense type, meaning that the prepackaged combo is not one set typing.
This is like Thermal Lacerta where they add an attack type driver onto a Stamina type wheel. If the driver alone is suppose to be a Balance type, okay, that's fine, but if it's not a balance type driver and that the driver makes the release a balance type then I wonder why it was coloured red since they do this stupid colour coding idea, red drivers being balance type I think.
I really wouldn't worry too much about what type Takara-Tomy sets for any specific part, since their marketing materials are historically unreliable and often don't correlate to how the part actually works.
Just realized; basically Capricorn.

Anyhow. I hope that Neptune has good endurance, as that's what I feel it could be good at.
(Jan. 14, 2016  4:55 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I really wouldn't worry too much about what type Takara-Tomy sets for any specific part, since their marketing materials are historically unreliable and often don't correlate to how the part actually works.

I know, just something that concerns me as a collector with all the specific colouring of the drivers depending on type. I hope this has some advantages over Accel.

Doesn't this driver remind anyone else the HF bottom from the Synchrom Attack And Balance set?
(Jan. 14, 2016  4:57 PM)Neo Wrote: Just realized; basically Capricorn.

Anyhow. I hope that Neptune has good endurance, as that's what I feel it could be good at.

It looks to be the most balanced Layer yet.
You think so? Valkyrie and Wyvern both have pretty great balance.
Here is the whole page scan, thanks to OkinawamTS :

[Image: 0H6Fwpm.jpg]

Oh and the official pictures :

[Image: 92fMOxk.jpg]

[Image: werJCeI.jpg]
Poor Ragnaruk always getting smashed to pieces in promo art. Well, at least it's accurate.

Thanks!
This bey looks amazing! Grin Far better than I expected it to be. Smile Can anybody translate the text?
Yeah is that a reshuffle set or something? Or just recommended combos?
My theory: Xcaliber was supposed to be on hole flat and left spin, like L Drago, but they couldn't make left spin work right. So they put it on Xtreme, so it would still be a big deal
It's just recommended combos.
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: We can save ourselves a lot of heartache by just tempering the crazy expectations. People are talking about metal change and bearing tips and all kinds of stuff that would be pretty surprising to see during the very first system.

This is why I haven't been disappointed by a single Burst release yet. I spend maybe a minute or two guessing what it could be and then just wait till it comes out to see what it actually is. No hype, no intense theorizing. That way, the reaction to the release isn't, "Aww," it's just, "OK."

That said, Neptune looks soooo nice. The color of the Layer with the color of the driver makes it look like a volcanic fissure in the ocean. Burst is not letting up on these rad designs!
(Jan. 14, 2016  9:10 PM)Half Nail Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2016  3:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: We can save ourselves a lot of heartache by just tempering the crazy expectations. People are talking about metal change and bearing tips and all kinds of stuff that would be pretty surprising to see during the very first system.

This is why I haven't been disappointed by a single Burst release yet. I spend maybe a minute or two guessing what it could be and then just wait till it comes out to see what it actually is. No hype, no intense theorizing. That way, the reaction to the release isn't, "Aww," it's just, "OK."

That said, Neptune looks soooo nice. The color of the Layer with the color of the driver makes it look like a volcanic fissure in the ocean. Burst is not letting up on these rad designs!

That's exactly why over hyping is so stupid.
Hyping is both the bane and core of our existence here. Also that layer looks amazing. I hope it preforms well, but even if it doesn't stack up to the others im gonna get it
MUST. BUY. THIS. BEAUTY.

EDIT: Zephyr will most likely be the new mobile defense driver.

also, i wonder when Okinawam will be able to post pics of #YggdrasilRingGyro
You should not expect to see Yggdrasil Ring Gyro before well into February.
[Image: CYvL3yWUEAArFqs.jpg]

https://mobile.twitter.com/empty_jj/stat...7724289026 <- Belongs to this user
Whoa, looks like someone released it way before the street date (23rd). I'm surprised they even have it already.
That's really cool...
Hopefully we'll be getting these soon enough.
I feel like Zephyr is going to be fun on Burst Attack.
That's a good point actually, maybe it'll wind up being the perfect driver for αmaterios or something.
(Jan. 16, 2016  8:11 PM)Momohimi Wrote: [Image: CYvL3yWUEAArFqs.jpg]

https://mobile.twitter.com/empty_jj/stat...7724289026 <- Belongs to this user
okay That's Really Surprising to me too !!! They released it 6 days before in the Shop ???
That really Looks Cool Though !!! That too for 800 Yens !!!
Cheers !!!
Burst.
hole flat had more stamina than flat, but almost the same speed. i so feel than zephyr will be the new standard driver for mobile defense, tornado stallers, ect.
More tornado stallers than mobile defense I think as staying that close to the edge with that bad grip is a pretty bad idea vs attack.