[Product]  B-20 Booster Horusood Spread Edge

And the name is actually Horusood:

[Image: CTmlcxvUEAAptPP.jpg]
It looks awesome!!! So awesome!!! But maybe bad stamina?

Wait, the card says its a stamina driver... Hmm...
So from that explanation, the thinking behind Edge is that the two sections intersects making a cross like shape which reduces the contact area size in the stadium which in turn should increase the stamina.
(Nov. 13, 2015  12:12 AM)ClaraM Wrote: So from that explanation, the thinking behind Edge is that the two sections intersects making a cross like shape which reduces the contact area size in the stadium which in turn should increase the stamina.

Actually, I can guarantee that this design will come in contact with the floor more than Survive does ... Even if the surface of contact is just a cross, that cross is also spinning anyway, so it would drag on the whole floor.

Also how was anyone supposed to know about the spelling of a name like Horusood hah.
(Nov. 13, 2015  12:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  12:12 AM)ClaraM Wrote: So from that explanation, the thinking behind Edge is that the two sections intersects making a cross like shape which reduces the contact area size in the stadium which in turn should increase the stamina.

Actually, I can guarantee that this design will come in contact with the floor more than Survive does ... Even if the surface of contact is just a cross, that cross is also spinning anyway, so it would drag on the whole floor.

Also how was anyone supposed to know about the spelling of a name like Horusood hah.

What I meant was, from the kanji used it looks like it'll be two thin and flat intersected pieces giving a design kind of like a Phillips screw head. The kanji right at the beginning (枚 also 板) is very specific for descriptions of thin, flat objects, it's usually used for sheets of metal or paper but here it's used to describe the thin crosses that intersect each other.
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote:

What I meant was, from the kanji used it looks like it'll be two thin and flat intersected pieces giving a design kind of like a Phillips screw head.

so takara made a two in one driver? Part for combos the other for industrial use?
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:20 AM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  12:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually, I can guarantee that this design will come in contact with the floor more than Survive does ... Even if the surface of contact is just a cross, that cross is also spinning anyway, so it would drag on the whole floor.

What I meant was, from the kanji used it looks like it'll be two thin and flat intersected pieces giving a design kind of like a Phillips screw head.

so takara made a two in one driver? Part for combos the other for industrial use?

If it turns out to be useless we could all use it to unscrew our beyloggers to replace the batteries lol
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:25 AM)ClaraM Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:20 AM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:18 AM)ClaraM Wrote: What I meant was, from the kanji used it looks like it'll be two thin and flat intersected pieces giving a design kind of like a Phillips screw head.

If it turns out to be useless we could all use it to unscrew our beyloggers to replace the batteries lol

probably will. I honestly have more faith in quake after seeing what edge really looks like. I sense a bunch of far wackier drivers in the future...
Looks like the type of tip that when it tilts, the bey will just fall over and roll till it makes itself stop spinning.

Really creative design, just seems like it'll be more useless than Fusion lol
If Edge does turn out to be a Pyramid shape, maybe it's meant to be a Stabilising tip where when it tilts and hits the edge, it knocks it back up?
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: If Edge does turn out to be a Pyramid shape, maybe it's meant to be a Stabilising tip where when it tilts and hits the edge, it knocks it back up?

Slopes look way to deep to do that lol, but I guess we'll see in a few days!
So you're saying this would be an excellent tip for topple based deffense? I could see that being practical, given how the traditional grip-based defense is looking likely to fail.
(Nov. 13, 2015  2:03 AM)LMAO Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2015  1:56 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: If Edge does turn out to be a Pyramid shape, maybe it's meant to be a Stabilising tip where when it tilts and hits the edge, it knocks it back up?

Slopes look way to deep to do that lol, but I guess we'll see in a few days!

Haha, not to Takara Tomy I'll bet.

Haha, I was thinking that there really was no way you could've guessed that.
It really is like a Phillips screw lol

Twitter link to video
Yup, philips-head sharp. Lol. So weird. It seems like this may be their answer to the fact that the more surface area a driver has on the floor, the easier it is to burst. It's cool that they are trying new stuff that we have never seen before I guess, let's hope it works! As Kai-V stated, while spinning it will not really make a difference, but maybe it will when hit, maybe it will be more resistant to burst.
(Nov. 13, 2015  9:05 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yup, philips-head sharp. Lol. So weird. It seems like this may be their answer to the fact that the more surface area a driver has on the floor, the easier it is to burst. It's cool that they are trying new stuff that we have never seen before I guess, let's hope it works!

If it turns out to be a rubbish piece Phillips head sharp is precisely what we'll all dub it, I guarantee it lol.

It's hard to draw conclusions about this one without reporting to what it says on the info page. And it really doesn't say much of anything that can be useful. This is going to be one we're going to have to draw our own conclusions on, looks like a lot of fun though.
(Nov. 12, 2015  3:45 PM)Kai-V Wrote: From a very early leak on Yahoo! Japan Auctions :

It looks like Edge has a tip like a quill or a pyramid ?

Thanks kai-v for you hard work and this picture. This bey is bit disappointing for me
Wow .. that driver ..
Ok I take my words back. It looks gimmicky to me. But defence was looking gimmicky too but it is good driver. This driver is definitely not tt's idea I have seen this before on a fake bey I had.
carp.. Wanted the 3 pack set... Now after seeing Edge I want this.... Not enough $$$ to get both...Can't... decide...
I luv the design of the Horusudo Layer! <3 The design of the layers keeps getting better and better! =D

OMG!!!! Edge looks exactly like a freakin screwdriver!?!? O___0 Ok. Soon I can help my dad with a horusudo spread edge if he needs a screwdriver! xD
(Nov. 13, 2015  2:54 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Ok I take my words back. It looks gimmicky to me. But defence was looking gimmicky too but it is good driver. This driver is definitely not tt's idea I have seen this before on a fake bey I had.

Any idea how it'll perform then? Does it act like you'd expect, being an S that jumps up Q-style whenever it topples?
I think Edge´ll first act like a Stamina Type and when it leans onto the side or slows down it´ll jump. That would be a very nice gimmick. Smile