[Product]  B-193 Booster Ultimate Valkyrie.Lg.V'-9

Slated to release December 11th, 2021. Features new DB Core, Blade, Armor, and Disc, as well as a new recolor of Variable'.

Images Below:
Thread has been opened. Y'all know the drill, don't spam the thread with meaningless posts, etc.
This literally looks like one of those photoshops you see in clickbait amvs.

But, it's grown on me and now I like the overall look, especially the core. I love the return of side facing valkyrie and the single layer's reversed blades. As for the disk, I took the laziness of giga and over for granted. Variable' is fine, nothing amazing but nothing bad either. Better than anything metal lock. I just hope this doesn't scrape as much as I worry it will.
the combo seems to be basically victory valkyrie with a disc thats basically db boost and the variable' driver
TT is going back to the drawing board again. Honestly, I can't complain much about this one. TT is giving us everything we want. Although I do question the armor choice.
For me, the layer is awesome, easily my favorite design for Valkyrie. Variable' is nice ig. The middle thing looks really like Strike god Valkyrie, so that's nice. The blades look like single layer valkyrie blades but with a coat of rubber. I haven't seen the disc yet. Design wise I love it. Performance wise remains to be seen.
Honestly my favorite looking Valkyrie thus far, tho i do worry that those rubber blades will cause breakage (can't wait to see peterpig rig more of his breaks :p ). Legacy looks nice as its a nice callback to the Boost Disk and Variable' is nice. If this is the last Valkyrie then this might actually be a good one. Valkyrie core is probably my favorite part in this bey, love to see the side facing Valkyrie motif again. 9 Armor remains to be seen as of now but hopefully its good.
Looking at this Bey in full, you can really see the inspiration it's taken from not only all the previous Valkyries, but Attack-Types in general:
  • A (what I presume to be metal) Core center emblazoned with a "V" - taken from Strike God Valkyrie
  • A diagonal side-profile of Valkyrie's avatar - taken from Victory Valkyrie
  • A red cheek tattoo on Valkyrie's avatar - taken from Brave Valkyrie
  • Gold blades between the wings - taken from Victory Valkyrie
  • A clear plastic layer covering almost the entire Dynamite Blade - taken from the original Valkyrie
  • A gold "V" above the center of the Core - taken from Slash Valkyrie
  • Stickers on the wings - taken from the original Valkyrie
  • Red rubber on the three wings - taken from both Brave Valkyrie and Judgement Joker
  • The rubber having a jagged shape - taken from Savior Valkyrie
  • The wings facing the right - taken from the original Valkyrie
  • The 9 Armour - seems to be based off the Retsu Weight from Slash Valkyrie
  • The Legacy Disk - based off the Boost Disk that was released with Victory Valkyrie
  • The Variable' Driver - A Dash Driver upgrade of the Variable Driver, which was originally released with Victory Valkyrie
  • The overall shape of the Bey also seems to take inspiration from Cho-Z Valkyrie and Winning Valkyrie
Overall, I'm looking forward to this release! Can't wait for the preorders to open up!
The shape looks more like the first Valkyrie imo
Well, I can't lie: although I was pissed when I heard we were getting another Valkyrie in place of a potential new motif/DB evolution, Takara Tomy really pulled all the stops with this Valkyrie; it looks incredible, and I truly hope it's the Judgement or Rage of DB. Between the obvious hints at the previous evolutions and the fact that this may very well be it for the Valkyrie line, I'm actually looking forward to this one. Although some have said Variable' is unfortunate, let me ask you this: with the only way to obtain it being the WBBA Ace Ashura, do you own one? And, if so, what condition is it in? No one complained about Rage having Destroy', so I genuinely don't see the issue here.

All in all, I really do like the design, and I genuinely hope it puts an end to stamina spam.
It looks ugly
This certainly looks and feels like I going to be the last Valkryie. The name itself suggests that it's the final form of the Valkryie series especially with part names such as legacy.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of how it looks and I'm worried that it will have too much recoil.
I have lost all faith in the ability of the Valkyrie line over the years. I have no faith that this one will be a viable right spin attacker. Not since Judgement have we had something I would consider a viable right spin attacker. They need some form of burst stopper and violent rubber attack points. Judgement had both. This... well, we will see. Some of the contact points look particularly nasty, but I am prepared for disappointment.
I hoping this one doesn't fail much like how Burn and Dangerous did
(Nov. 15, 2021  7:10 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Part images
[Image: B193_5467.png]
[Image: B193_5466.png]
[Image: B193_5470.png]
[Image: B193_5454.png]

Whoa! That 9 Armour appears to be based off of Wing!
The contact points look okay, but you would ideally want them angled forward like Judgment. Tbh you'd really just want a DB Judgment in general. The little spikes that do protrude forward will probably wear pretty fast but before they do should be pretty effective. I'm hopeful.

Also praying they've given V' actual rubber and not "basically plastic" this time around.
this seems like a solid evolution to valkyrie, it looks great but we'll have to see how performance is, hopefully it does better then savior
(Nov. 15, 2021  3:42 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: this seems like a solid evolution to valkyrie, it looks great but we'll have to see how performance is, hopefully it does better then savior

Are you saying savior is bad?
(Nov. 15, 2021  3:59 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2021  3:42 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: this seems like a solid evolution to valkyrie, it looks great but we'll have to see how performance is, hopefully it does better then savior

Savior’s not bad, just not quite top tier. It didn’t quite revive right spin attack like we hoped, so hopefully ultimately will be top tier for right spin attack which would make it better than savior.
The blades do have a shape vaguely reminiscent of Guilty's with their pointed leading edge. It's just hard to tell if they're at an angle that will be conducive to strong upper attacks. With how barebones this combo is it's hard to be more than cautiously optimistic.

It's still gorgeous and I want it.
(Nov. 15, 2021  4:04 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2021  3:59 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Are you saying savior is bad?

Savior’s not bad, just not quite top tier. It didn’t quite revive right spin attack like we hoped, so hopefully ultimately will be top tier for right spin attack which would make it better than savior.

yeah savior is just usable most people would rather use guilty for attack rather than savior it does have ko attack but its easier to ko(in my opinion) combos with guilty than savior

As Dan said to me yesterday, we currently have 1.5 viable attack layers. Savior is the .5

Given a better stadium it might scrape the extra half mark thru but wall saves are too common for it to really work. It doesn't really have focussed contact points. There are the ones at the front of the wings but that's still not amazing and they wear down fast. Aside from that the angle of the wings doesn't do a tonne.

It's totally fine and I'd still run it, but guilty is the power level it needs to be at, and it pales in comparison.
(Nov. 15, 2021  4:04 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:

I haven’t awakened my savior at all and it’s actually pretty decent. I just got the overdrive set and guilty, so I’ve been testing KO attack combos against the typical DBl2.Ov.Br’-0 and VLn.Ov.Br’-0 and savior does decent against dynamite, not so good against vanish. Guilty is actually amazing, but sometimes I bank to hard with it. I can’t wait to awaken my savior, but I see what you mean by it not being top tier.

(Nov. 15, 2021  5:17 PM)th!nk Wrote:

As Dan said to me yesterday, we currently have 1.5 viable attack layers. Savior is the .5

Given a better stadium it might scrape the extra half mark thru but wall saves are too common for it to really work. It doesn't really have focussed contact points. There are the ones at the front of the wings but that's still not amazing and they wear down fast. Aside from that the angle of the wings doesn't do a tonne.

It's totally fine and I'd still run it, but guilty is the power level it needs to be at, and it pales in comparison.
You can see what I posted below quoting BuilderROB, so I don’t need to say that again but yeah guilty is amazing. I would honestly just run savior instead of guilty if I was up against rights, cause same spin KO attack is easier to pull of then opposite spin KO attack, especially if you’re going to be up against things like drift as well.

No I am not saying savior is bad just as a general rule of evolution the next bey in the line up should always do better then the previous one, I'm hoping that is the case