[Product]  B-187 Starter Savior Valkyrie.Sh-7

(Jul. 25, 2021  3:54 PM)Orbit Wrote: Has anyone considered the idea that shot’s jump is what it taking away from burst resistance? I really don’t think the problem is the Core or Blade.

The blame goes to the Savior blade, for it to have all that recoil but nothing on the blade to stop it is the fault of TT. 

Something like Judgement that had a built-in rubber stopper and for Savior to be similar but have that one thing absent, it is no wonder Savior has burst resistance as it is. Doing testings with Belial and Ragnaruk both have issues with Bursting, the Valkyrie core as I talked to MDK with and we both agree seems to be the best for competitive combinations.

Savior is a very confusing attack type with how TT design it there are ways to make it viable with minimal risk of Burst but still in the testing phase to make it optimal.
(Jul. 25, 2021  5:57 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  3:54 PM)Orbit Wrote: Has anyone considered the idea that shot’s jump is what it taking away from burst resistance? I really don’t think the problem is the Core or Blade.

The blame goes to the Savior blade, for it to have all that recoil but nothing on the blade to stop it is the fault of TT. 

Something like Judgement that had a built-in rubber stopper and for Savior to be similar but have that one thing absent, it is no wonder Savior has burst resistance as it is. Doing testings with Belial and Ragnaruk both have issues with Bursting, the Valkyrie core as I talked to MDK with and we both agree seems to be the best for competitive combinations.

Savior is a very confusing attack type with how TT design it there are ways to make it viable with minimal risk of Burst but still in the testing phase to make it optimal.
this is correct (insert plankton meme here)! due to all of its rubber it has on the outside it generates more friction (but im pretty sure everyone knew about the whole friction thing), which leads it to bursting more often. since it doesnt have the rubber stopper it cant really help its self from bursting
(Jul. 25, 2021  7:19 PM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  5:57 PM)originalzankye Wrote: The blame goes to the Savior blade, for it to have all that recoil but nothing on the blade to stop it is the fault of TT. 

this is correct (insert plankton meme here)! due to all of its rubber it has on the outside it generates more friction (but im pretty sure everyone knew about the whole friction thing), which leads it to bursting more often. since it doesnt have the rubber stopper it cant really help its self from bursting

It's just a "fun to use" bey, nothing more. And honestly I don't care about competitive, I just play for fun.
(Jul. 25, 2021  7:21 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  7:19 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: this is correct (insert plankton meme here)! due to all of its rubber it has on the outside it generates more friction (but im pretty sure everyone knew about the whole friction thing), which leads it to bursting more often. since it doesnt have the rubber stopper it cant really help its self from bursting

It's just a "fun to use" bey, nothing more. And honestly I don't care about competitive, I just play for fun.

no i know that and i play for fun as well im just saying and i dont really wanna get off topic
(Jul. 25, 2021  7:21 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  7:19 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: this is correct (insert plankton meme here)! due to all of its rubber it has on the outside it generates more friction (but im pretty sure everyone knew about the whole friction thing), which leads it to bursting more often. since it doesnt have the rubber stopper it cant really help its self from bursting

I think #Fafnir’s post sums up why a statement like this isn’t really true, unless you’re talking about the stock combo.
(Obvious sarcasm warning) It’s alright everyone we can stop Savior from bursting with Metal Extreme from the Astral Spriggan Customize set for, how much again? 36 bucks (not including shipping) on top of the 24 bucks (again no shipping) you already paid! Thank me later. It’ll TOTALLY work
(Jul. 25, 2021  8:37 PM)Orbit Wrote: (Obvious sarcasm warning) It’s alright everyone we can stop Savior from bursting with Metal Extreme from the Astral Spriggan Customize set for, how much again? 36 bucks (not including shipping) on top of the 24 bucks (again no shipping) you already paid! Thank me later. It’ll TOTALLY work

I actually thought about that seriously, thinking if Metal drivers were indeed tighter than ‘ drivers whether or not it would be more helpful than a ‘ driver. I probably wouldn’t recommend it though since it’ll grind through the teeth.
(Jul. 25, 2021  8:39 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  8:37 PM)Orbit Wrote: (Obvious sarcasm warning) It’s alright everyone we can stop Savior from bursting with Metal Extreme from the Astral Spriggan Customize set for, how much again? 36 bucks (not including shipping) on top of the 24 bucks (again no shipping) you already paid! Thank me later. It’ll TOTALLY work

I actually thought about that seriously, thinking if Metal drivers were indeed tighter than ‘ drivers whether or not it would be more helpful than a ‘ driver. I probably wouldn’t recommend it though since it’ll grind through the teeth.

It would work fine but you’d have to use it with a right spin equivalent to the Bahamut chip, which is unlikely to be released due to the lower amount of beys released compared to previous seasons as well as the need for individuality among different beys and cores. Or we could get a bey with metal teeth. With TT we never really know.

Someone else from the Astra Spriggan Customize set Thread thought of putting metal Tips on the Bahamut chip. I don’t know who but whoever it is thought of the idea.
(Jul. 25, 2021  5:57 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

The only reason Judgment has the rubber brake was for a poorly executed gammble gimmick. It had the unintended effect of being a perfect attack Layer Base because the brake touches the disc 24/7 than the obvious "touch disc when specific blade is struck" for a gambling gimmick.
(Jul. 25, 2021  9:58 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  5:57 PM)originalzankye Wrote: The blame goes to the Savior blade, for it to have all that recoil but nothing on the blade to stop it is the fault of TT. 

The only reason Judgment has the rubber brake was for a poorly executed gammble gimmick. It had the unintended effect of being a perfect attack Layer Base because the brake touches the disc 24/7 than the obvious "touch disc when specific blade is struck" for a gambling gimmick.

But couldn't they do the same thing again? Have the new rubber brake also touch the disc 24/7? That's what they should do next time they make a right spin attack base.
(Jul. 25, 2021  9:58 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:

Even if you want to say Judgement had it for whatever reason, the point that I was saying is Savior should've had some form of a stopper whether it be a rubber stopper or to add on a stopper like Lord/Purple Ace/Dragoon V2(Plastic Stopper), Savior was not executed properly for the gimmick/shape.
(Jul. 25, 2021  3:48 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: I want to buy this so one question to ask. Competitive or Not?

I'd say not as a stock combo but definitely if you already have a favorite dependable dash driver handy.  It's a good one for parts.
(Jul. 26, 2021  3:12 AM)Tyrushi Wrote:
(Jul. 25, 2021  3:48 PM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: I want to buy this so one question to ask. Competitive or Not?

I'd say not as a stock combo but definitely if you already have a favorite dependable dash driver handy.  It's a good one for parts.
I got a bunch of competitive parts on my hand so yeah. what specific parts are good?
(Jul. 26, 2021  4:46 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2021  3:12 AM)Tyrushi Wrote: I'd say not as a stock combo but definitely if you already have a favorite dependable dash driver handy.  It's a good one for parts.
I got a bunch of competitive parts on my hand so yeah. what specific parts are good?
I would honestly give Giga Xt+/Xtreme' a try.
Just got Savior Valkyrie, and the layer is OP. For some reason, the bound gimmick actually increases the attack power. Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-3 was a legendry combo.
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:51 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got Savior Valkyrie, and the layer is OP. For some reason, the bound gimmick actually increases the attack power. Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-3 was a legendry combo.

wow awesome bruh i want it so bad but my parents never let me get takara tomy beys

does the combo burst more or less often?
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:53 PM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:51 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got Savior Valkyrie, and the layer is OP. For some reason, the bound gimmick actually increases the attack power. Savior Valkyrie Giga Quick'-3 was a legendry combo.

wow awesome bruh i want it so bad but my parents never let me get takara tomy beys

does the combo burst more or less often?
It never it to me. But it's not awakened, but the burst resistance seems to be good enough.
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:34 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2021  4:46 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: I got a bunch of competitive parts on my hand so yeah. what specific parts are good?

Nah, Xt+ is useless for Attack - too uncontrollable, and even though X' is the best pure attack driver competetively it doesn't work well with Savior - it creates too much friction with stadium floor which increases disc's inertia and together with high recoil of Savior results into quite frequent unexpected bursts (based on Zankye's vids on his second channel). As I've already written above, I think some of the best choices would be Ev', V'(again recommended and proven to be powerhouses by Zankye) and Xc'(+Z), maybe Ul' could also work well
(Jul. 26, 2021  1:34 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2021  4:46 AM)AlexTheBlader Wrote: I got a bunch of competitive parts on my hand so yeah. what specific parts are good?

I did.  I really liked bot.  I'm just a big fan of how ultimate reboot dash works.  It matches well with my launch pattern.  I also really like hold dash when I gave that a shot.
So I got my Savior Valkyrie today, here's my review:

Valkyrie chip: The star of this release, the best right spin chip for attack. The bound layer is actually much stronger here, unlike God Valkyrie. The bound gimmick does increase the attack power and recoil, there are 2 teeth, but this chip must be used with a dash driver, cuz the second teeth can be skipped on. Overall, this chip is a must have for attack type DB combos, just don't use it on stamina combos, the recoil would hurt them badly.
Savior: It's good, it's very good. This base works the best with the Valkyrie chip, it's the only chip that can prevent Savior from bursting, and you get the bound attack. With Savior (awakened) Valkyrie Giga Quick'-3 I was able to KO Stock Vanish Fafnir 5 times in a row. This base is super strong, especially awakened. A must have as well.
7: It's ok, the weight distribution is a little but it's good.
Shot: This driver is super fun, and the gimmick works well. However, it's definitely not a great driver, not bad but not good either. I don't recommend using it in competitive tournaments.
V Gear: This is a great part, it simply turns Venture into a heavier Destroy'. Absolutely love this gear. I definitely think this is comptetive driver. Possibly outclassing Destroy'.
Power Launcher: Not gonna say anything about it's durablilty since I only have it for like 1 day, but the launcher is probably the most powerful burst launcher until now, much better than the regular DB launcher.
Overall: This bey is a must have for fun, and for competitive. Love it.
(Jul. 26, 2021  8:08 PM)g2_ Wrote: So I got my Savior Valkyrie today, here's my review:

Valkyrie chip: The star of this release, the best right spin chip for attack. The bound layer is actually much stronger here, unlike God Valkyrie. The bound gimmick does increase the attack power and recoil, there are 2 teeth, but this chip must be used with a dash driver, cuz the second teeth can be skipped on. Overall, this chip is a must have for attack type DB combos, just don't use it on stamina combos, the recoil would hurt them badly.
Savior: It's good, it's very good. This base works the best with the Valkyrie chip, it's the only chip that can prevent Savior from bursting, and you get the bound attack. With Savior (awakened) Valkyrie Giga Quick'-3 I was able to KO Stock Vanish Fafnir 5 times in a row. This base is super strong, especially awakened. A must have as well.
Shot: This driver is super, and the gimmick works well. However, it's definitely not a great driver, not bad but not good either. I don't recommend using it in competitive tournaments.
V Gear: This is a great part, it simply turns Venture into a heavier Destroy'. Absolutely love this gear. I definitely think this is comptetive driver. Possibly outclassing Destroy'.
Power Launcher: Not gonna say anything about it's durablilty since I only have it for like 1 day, but the launcher is probably the most powerful burst launcher until now, much better than the regular DB launcher.

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoy Savior! It sounds like it could be competitive in a way so I think ima pick it up! Thanks g2 and have fun with Savior Valkyrie!
(Jul. 26, 2021  8:08 PM)g2_ Wrote: So I got my Savior Valkyrie today, here's my review:

Shot: This driver is super, and the gimmick works well. However, it's definitely not a great driver, not bad but not good either. I don't recommend using it in competitive tournaments.

Nice! Hope you enjoy it!
(Jul. 26, 2021  8:13 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:

Awesome! I'm glad you enjoy Savior! It sounds like it could be competitive in a way so I think ima pick it up! Thanks g2 and have fun with Savior Valkyrie!
Thank you my friend.

(Jul. 26, 2021  8:15 PM)LegendJustice Wrote:

Nice! Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks man.
(Jul. 26, 2021  8:20 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2021  8:13 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Awesome! I'm glad you enjoy Savior! It sounds like it could be competitive in a way so I think ima pick it up! Thanks g2 and have fun with Savior Valkyrie!
Thank you my friend.

(Jul. 26, 2021  8:15 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: Nice! Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks man.

👍🏾
Received my Savior today…

Love it!
It has so much fun and a lot of potential in my opinion. But the real question. Should I awaken it?