[Product]  B-179 Booster Death Σolomon.MF 2B

(Feb. 17, 2021  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  2:35 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: Come on dude I haven't been trying to put you guys down. I just pointed the fact that the automatic inclusion of metal doesn't make it bad. It is merely much more complicated than that. 

Also you can't just apply that logic everywhere.  Mfb beys are much more dense as well as have a compact mass distribution.  (If you were joking then my bad lol) 

I am aware that the inclusion of metal drivers CAN POSE a problem if the spring is a bit tighter than dash drivers and that it really depends on TT's design.  ( there could even be a warning not to use those drivers with some beys.)

Also seeing TTs stupidity in the past it can definitely happen lol. Testing is required is the only solution after all.

sorry if i was rude in any of the above replies.

The battle is already over but seeing as you’re smart and I’m not I have genuine question. What impact would the tension of dash drivers have along with metal since it’s a more dense material, so I would imagine it would have a different outcome.

It will definitely have a negative outcome for the teeth. As they will be under a lot of stress from metal. ( as it is much stronger) 

I cannot really comment on the actual wear on teeth as I do not know if they are at their elastic limit already. If they are close to it then I suppose that it makes sense that the teeth will wear fast . If they are not close then it will take more time to wear. 

I really cannot comment unless we have actual data. But looking at the way they advertised these drivers I would recommend testing. Most probably these drivers will be a little worse in teeth wear. 

My original post was that just because of metal inclusion doesnt mean it becomes 10 times worse. (Although looking at it now I may have mis worded it) it is actually very complicated ( even i really dont know the exact details as I am in the first year.) and depends on various factor.

Looking at the arguments by BladerGem he does put up a lot of valid points. Tt has known to make a lot of mistakes and I am not sure if they thought about it that very much. 

Btw it was a nice discussion finally seeing the theory being applied to practical use. 

I cant wait to see testing. 

The beauty of science is unless we have experimental data I cannot claim to be 100% right too. 

All im saying is that I can be wrong too and that it is always possible that there is an error in my reasoning. So it will be prudent to wait untill testing results come in.

(Feb. 17, 2021  3:23 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: just a quick question: doesnt the burst mechanism work by tabs on the driver inserted into teeth, and force pushing down on the spring, allowing for a diagonal motion because of cenrifugal force(which is why tt tabs are bigger than hasbro tabs)? wouldn't this mean that the less flexible metal would pash against and wear the teeth down more than plastic?  if the tabs are plastic, fine, but if not, isn't that kinda a problem? or maybe the burst mechanism works totally differently. not a physics expert, just started learning about Newtons 3 laws and kinematic equations lol

Wait the tabs arent plastic? I only thought the rounded surface was metal?

If thats the case then it is a very bad descision by TT ( in my opinion)
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:29 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  2:59 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: The battle is already over but seeing as you’re smart and I’m not I have genuine question. What impact would the tension of dash drivers have along with metal since it’s a more dense material, so I would imagine it would have a different outcome.

It will definitely have a negative outcome for the teeth. As they will be under a lot of stress from metal. ( as it is much stronger) 

I cannot really comment on the actual wear on teeth as I do not know if they are at their elastic limit already. If they are close to it then I suppose that it makes sense that the teeth will wear fast . If they are not close then it will take more time to wear. 

I really cannot comment unless we have actual data. But looking at the way they advertised these drivers I would recommend testing. Most probably these drivers will be a little worse in teeth wear. 

My original post was that just because of metal inclusion doesnt mean it becomes 10 times worse. (Although looking at it now I may have mis worded it) it is actually very complicated ( even i really dont know the exact details as I am in the first year.) and depends on various factor.

Looking at the arguments by BladerGem he does put up a lot of valid points. Tt has known to make a lot of mistakes and I am not sure if they thought about it that very much. 

Btw it was a nice discussion finally seeing the theory being applied to practical use. 

I cant wait to see testing. 

The beauty of science is unless we have experimental data I cannot claim to be 100% right too. 

All im saying is that I can be wrong too and that it is always possible that there is an error in my reasoning. So it will be prudent to wait untill testing results come in.

(Feb. 17, 2021  3:23 AM)The Blacknight Wrote: just a quick question: doesnt the burst mechanism work by tabs on the driver inserted into teeth, and force pushing down on the spring, allowing for a diagonal motion because of cenrifugal force(which is why tt tabs are bigger than hasbro tabs)? wouldn't this mean that the less flexible metal would pash against and wear the teeth down more than plastic?  if the tabs are plastic, fine, but if not, isn't that kinda a problem? or maybe the burst mechanism works totally differently. not a physics expert, just started learning about Newtons 3 laws and kinematic equations lol

Wait the tabs arent plastic? I only thought the rounded surface was metal?

If thats  the case then it is a very bad descision by TT ( in my opinion)

Well that's a massive bruh moment. They should've made the entire cap metal but the tabs plastic.
We're all speculating about these metal caps doing damage but we have yet to actually see them do it. Until we do, it's not really fair to assume that they'd release a part that causes any sort of significant damage. For all we know the difference in material might not be able to gouge out teeth, or that they've rounded off the tabs to reduce it to a more manageable level.

Let's all stop the panicking here and wait until we've seen its damage potential before assuming it's going to be so bad.
i was under the impression that the tabs were metal. i don't think TT would be that-

wait-

ok, so this stuff is marketed towards younger kids, who realize that TT is a big company and wouldn't do anything too crazy. Right? so they buy the metal drivers, and their teeth wear down quickly, so they have to buy a new layer. TT profits hugely, and the kids keep buying new layers, not thinking that the metal driver is the cause. now, this would only work once or twice on a kid, but imagine how much money tt would get for a stunt like this. ofc, kids are smarter than a lot of people think, so this could be a make or break move. but solomon and Death, both decently rare parts, would incentivize people to buy the booster. hopefully, tt goes with the easy way and makes the tabs pastic.
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: i was under the impression that the tabs were metal. i don't think TT would be that-

wait-

ok, so this stuff is marketed towards younger kids, who realize that TT is a big company and wouldn't do anything too crazy. Right? so they buy the metal drivers, and their teeth wear down quickly, so they have to buy a new layer. TT profits hugely, and the kids keep buying new layers, not thinking that the metal driver is the cause. now, this would only work once or twice on a kid, but imagine how much money tt would get for a stunt like this. ofc, kids are smarter than a lot of people think, so this could be a make or break move. but solomon and Death, both decently rare parts, would incentivize people to buy the booster. hopefully, tt goes with the easy way and makes the tabs pastic.

Wouldn’t the metal tabs cause less friction rather than more friction on the teeth? I don’t see how metal tabs would wear down the teeth if this is the case, and it’s a bit strange that using this logic why anyone would think they would.
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: i was under the impression that the tabs were metal. i don't think TT would be that-

wait-

Wouldn’t the metal tabs cause less friction rather than more friction on the teeth? I don’t see how metal tabs would wear down the teeth if this is the case, and it’s a bit strange that using this logic why anyone would think they would.

look at my post above. the less flexible metal tabs will cause more stress on the breakable plastic teeth
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:00 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  4:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Wouldn’t the metal tabs cause less friction rather than more friction on the teeth? I don’t see how metal tabs would wear down the teeth if this is the case, and it’s a bit strange that using this logic why anyone would think they would.

look at my post above. the less flexible metal tabs will cause more stress on the breakable plastic teeth
That depends on if it’s actually sharp or not. If it’s not sharp, then the teeth should be fine since less friction means the combo would actually burst easier and make the teeth wear down less than plastic tabs. If anything, the only thing that would make these drivers make the teeth wear down more would be whatever makes them tighter than ‘ drivers, not the metal tabs themselves.
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:22 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:00 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: look at my post above. the less flexible metal tabs will cause more stress on the breakable plastic teeth
That depends on if it’s actually sharp or not. If it’s not sharp, then the teeth should be fine since less friction means the combo would actually burst easier and make the teeth wear down less than plastic tabs. If anything, the only thing that would make these drivers make the teeth wear down more would be whatever makes them tighter than ‘ drivers, not the metal tabs themselves.

no no no no.
the burst mechanism works because the tabs push against the teeth, and(because of le spring) the tabs go under the teeth, and go into the gap between the first and second teeth.

newtons third law: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. because of the plastic tabs, that opposite reaction will push the tabs in a way that they skip the tooth. HOWEVER! the metal tabs would be able to withstand more push, as they are less flexible. so, it will take more to burst the bey. so where will that kinetic energy go? the teeth. 

not good at explaining stuff, ask Vyrtuga or GrimandBarrett to explain it better. i think I got it tho
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:34 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:22 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: That depends on if it’s actually sharp or not. If it’s not sharp, then the teeth should be fine since less friction means the combo would actually burst easier and make the teeth wear down less than plastic tabs. If anything, the only thing that would make these drivers make the teeth wear down more would be whatever makes them tighter than ‘ drivers, not the metal tabs themselves.

no no no no.
the burst mechanism works because the tabs push against the teeth, and(because of le spring) the tabs go under the teeth, and go into the gap between the first and second teeth.

newtons third law: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. because of the plastic tabs, that opposite reaction will push the tabs in a way that they skip the tooth. HOWEVER! the metal tabs would be able to withstand more push, as they are less flexible. so, it will take more to burst the bey. so where will that kinetic energy go? the teeth. 

not good at explaining stuff, ask Vyrtuga or GrimandBarrett to explain it better. i think I got it tho

Even if they push, friction is involved here, as the less grip the tabs have when they push on the teeth, the more likely they are to slip and click rather than withstand more push. It wouldn’t take more energy to burst it, it would take less. I already explained why it would be harder to burst, and it wouldn’t be the metal tabs. Unless they’re sharp, they shouldn’t be doing more damage to the teeth than the plastic tabs do. By the way, the metal tabs wouldn’t be making it withstand more push, a stronger spring would. If anything, a rubber tab would be able to withstand more push rather than a metal tab.
So teeth pushes down on the plastic tip tabs. The tabs have 2 parts that stick and move up from each slot to the next as it takes damage and at the final one the bey comes undone. We can agree on this correct?

Occasionally a tooth slot can be glossed over for teeth that are weaker. This issue is not present for dash drivers that have golden springs. Basically they're pushing up against the teeth harder. The teeth are tough and sturdy, unless defective, so this shouldn't be a problem right?

Well now we have metal tabs. In stationary position it's just normal metal pushing against the teeth. Extra hard yes, but it should be fine. However moving from tooth slot to tooth slot, without missing one, causes the metal to rub against the teeth. Plastic rubbing against the teeth is whatever, plastic can't do much. Metal on the other hand could potential cause damage.

I think I explained the concern good enough hopefully.
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:49 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  5:34 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: no no no no.

Even if they push, friction is involved here, as the less grip the tabs have when they push on the teeth, the more likely they are to slip and click rather than withstand more push. It wouldn’t take more energy to burst it, it would take less. I already explained why it would be harder to burst, and it wouldn’t be the metal tabs. Unless they’re sharp, they shouldn’t be doing more damage to the teeth than the plastic tabs do. By the way, the metal tabs wouldn’t be making it withstand more push, a stronger spring would. If anything, a rubber tab would be able to withstand more push rather than a metal tab.

Yes, the bey would be tighter, but can the teeth withstand that much strain?
i like how this whole thread just became one big science lesson lmao.

anyway i have my doubts about Metal Fusion but i am looking forward to getting this considering i do want a spare 2B and i dont have Solomon
Metal cap or not I just wish they did any balance driver but Fusion.

unless it was rubber. i don't like most rubber drivers.
I just love everything about the name of Metal Fusion. Feels like a callback to the Metal Saga
(Feb. 17, 2021  9:36 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just love everything about the name of Metal Fusion. Feels like a callback to the Metal Saga

Doubt it was intentional as if so it would most likely be a call back to Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Feb. 17, 2021  10:12 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2021  9:36 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I just love everything about the name of Metal Fusion. Feels like a callback to the Metal Saga

Doubt it was intentional as if so it would most likely be a call back to Metal Fight Beyblade.

I know it’s not supposed to be a callback or anything, I just thought it was cool.
How does this Solomon chip differ from the original one? It looks like the core is not metal, but was the original one metal? So is this chip inferior to the original one?
(Feb. 18, 2021  6:53 PM)TCBlading Wrote: How does this Solomon chip differ from the original one?  It looks like the core is not metal but was the original one metal?  So is this chio inferior to the original one?

its the same as the original  one aside from color changes
(Feb. 18, 2021  6:53 PM)TCBlading Wrote: How does this Solomon chip differ from the original one? It looks like the core is not metal, but was the original one metal? So is this chip inferior to the original one?

The original one that came from Brave Solomon has Metal Chip Core, that's why this one Solomon core is not metal,since it's not MCC,just a normal chip core
(Feb. 19, 2021  3:12 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2021  6:53 PM)TCBlading Wrote: How does this Solomon chip differ from the original one?  It looks like the core is not metal, but was the original one metal?  So is this chip inferior to the original one?

The original one that came from Brave Solomon has Metal Chip Core, that's why this one Solomon core is not metal,since it's not MCC,just a normal chip core
The original solomon doesn't come with a MCC (metal chip core)
(Feb. 19, 2021  3:15 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2021  3:12 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote: The original one that came from Brave Solomon has Metal Chip Core, that's why this one Solomon core is not metal,since it's not MCC,just a normal chip core
The original solomon doesn't come with a MCC (metal chip core)

Whoops, supposedly both is the same,aside from its colour( don't remember where i see solomon with mcc)
(Feb. 19, 2021  3:44 AM)KerbeusKmie Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2021  3:15 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: The original solomon doesn't come with a MCC (metal chip core)

Whoops, supposedly both is the same,aside from its colour( don't remember where i see solomon with mcc)

I’ve seen a lot of people give Solomon a MCC, since then it is the heaviest Sparking Chip.
Um, it does not contain any parts of the up coming layer right, so the season six layer will not split in three.
(Feb. 19, 2021  2:55 PM)Dasmind Wrote: Um, it does not contain any parts of the up coming layer right, so the season six layer will not split in three.

dasmind we know very little about season 6, nobody can say it will split into x amount of parts besides TT themselves.