[Product]  B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21

Got through the other beys in the latest RB, it's OK at best some beys give good parts others don't with drivers like Defense.

Personally my favourite ones are Dranzer V and the Blue Burn Phoenix
(Jul. 23, 2020  10:25 PM)originalzankye Wrote: Personally my favourite ones are Dranzer V and the Blue Burn Phoenix

Honestly, I just love the palindromic numbers of your Cosmo Pegasus. I mean, a 22.22 gram layer, a 23.32 gram disk, a 7.37 gram driver, and 53 grams on the nose overall? Those numbers are just awesome even if Cosmo is overall lackluster. Like, these numbers are just ridiculously consistent, and I can't stop laughing about it.
(Jul. 29, 2020  9:33 AM)marutti Wrote: There are some error ver.Death Diabolos and Dranzer V.
https://twitter.com/osenbey1000/status/1...88353?s=19
https://twitter.com/BBajirisuku1812/stat...36128?s=19

What were the errors? Like a mold issue or sticker/decal misprint?
(Jul. 31, 2020  2:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2020  9:33 AM)marutti Wrote: There are some error ver.Death Diabolos and Dranzer V.

Defect color(Death) and sticker(Dranzer v)
(Jul. 31, 2020  2:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:

Dranzer sticker have to be Dranzer V sticker but It's Dranzer F sticker.
Death Diabolos should be painted but, it doesn't paint.
(Jul. 31, 2020  3:37 AM)marutti Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2020  2:27 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: What were the errors? Like a mold issue or sticker/decal misprint?
Dranzer sticker have to be Dranzer V sticker but It's Dranzer F sticker.
Death Diabolos should be painted but, it doesn't paint.

Well for Dranzer V it was originally gonna have to Dranzer F sticker however it was changed to the Dranzer V sticker a bit before release the Dranzer V found with the Dranzer F sticker was likely one made earlier before the change. Death Diabolos is just an error though.
Changes I would have made to this RBV after getting it today: Bl' or Gn or both for the prize beys. Double chassis on KFf. Xc or Zn on eF rather than destroy, or Ds'. It seems like they try to have a maximum of 4 ' drivers to an RBV or something... I would also have put a GT disk like Ar on aK. This isn't the worst random booster, but it could have been at least a bit better IMO. Hoping the next one is good. Still glad to get Sparking Diabolos overall...
Overall Final Opinion on the Random Booster

Prize beys aren't bad tho
Echoing sentiments here, I had previously decided to pass on buying the whole set, but did take a random chance at a Diabolos buying one pack from amazon.jp for 1000 yen. Good price, so I told myself no matter what we pulled, I'd be happy. Air Knight with Revolve though... dang. Is it possible to regret spending as much $ as a trip to McDonalds? ha. nah, it will make a young nephew just starting out happy.
(Aug. 04, 2020  9:32 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Overall Final Opinion on the Random Booster

You can't really add imperial to a random booster cuz it's incredibly heavy. It's like adding zwei diabolos as a bey in a random booster.
(Aug. 04, 2020  9:32 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Overall Final Opinion on the Random Booster

You cannot put Diabolos 1 on Imperial as that Diabolos 1 requires a base that's Weight compatible, which Imperial isn't.
(Aug. 05, 2020  10:20 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:

You cannot put Diabolos 1 on Imperial as that Diabolos 1 requires a base that's Weight compatible, which Imperial isn't.

When did he put Imperial and Diabolos 1 on a combo? He was just listing out parts he would have liked to see in this random booster.
(Aug. 05, 2020  10:20 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:

I know. those were just some examples of parts i would've liked to see get a recolor
Luckily got Charge' and Diabolos's
(Aug. 05, 2020  11:41 PM)skymo34 Wrote: How do you put diabolos 1 on imperial?

You don't.
(Aug. 05, 2020  11:46 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:

You don't.

What if he/she did magic and some how puts the chip on imperial

He said and not with
(Aug. 05, 2020  11:54 PM)skymo34 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2020  11:46 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: You don't.

What if he/she did magic and some how puts the chip on imperial

That was a list of parts that DeltaZakuro wanted to see recolors of in general. Also, did you notice that the post you just quoted is from the same post that confused you?
I've said it before but I feel like the disappointed opinions of this booster are a result of overbearing expectations moreso than truly valid concerns. "They didn't give me the parts I specifically wanted" is just really not a valid point when it comes to random boosters, and few people ever think beyond that to consider anything else.

As has been said earlier, "Air Knight and Emperor Forneus are weird picks" is only weird because most of us are not in Japan. It's already been explained here once that in the pre-COVID Japanese meta both layers saw some use still, and so this random booster is a way to find replacements if you still wish to use them. It also helps allow heavier disks squeeze their way in, like Wheel. If they went too much heavier with the layer in that spot, Wheel would be impossible given the other contents of the booster.

In order for some of these incredibly desired parts people keep yapping for like Imperial and Diabolos (1) to see a release in a random booster, either they must use weak disks to drop their weights (and then I'm sure people will complain about the cruddy disk on the combo), or make everything else super heavy (which makes remake layers incredibly difficult to squeeze in). Weight compromises aside most of these parts are already a bit more difficult to manufacture, and trying to fit them into a random booster en masse is therefore significantly more difficult than other parts. That makes them significantly less viable for random boosters on TTs end, while perhaps being more fitting towards multi-bey sets and special releases such as the upcoming Lord Achilles. Hopefully Imperial will have something like that sometime soon.

tl;dr there is no pleasing everybody and no perfect random booster, and TT did their best here and came out with a pretty nice booster in my opinion. Having both prize beys share the same purple piece of their layer is clever design, that Merge' is a thing of beauty, this is the single best Emperor Forneus color to see the light of day, Air Knight has finally become The Banana 2.0 (as it was destined to be), Wheel is great to see, both remake beys are wonderful, and absolutely no disks are utterly trash tier. Even Defense is like seeing the face of a friend you haven't seen in forever, and stale as Revolve has become it's at least a beautiful color. You'll hear no complaints from me, barring my discontentment for those throwing their opinions out from the "failed combo expectations" pile.
(Aug. 06, 2020  6:52 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I've said it before but I feel like the disappointed opinions of this booster are a result of overbearing expectations moreso than truly valid concerns. "They didn't give me the parts I specifically wanted" is just really not a valid point when it comes to random boosters, and few people ever think beyond that to consider anything else.

As has been said earlier, "Air Knight and Emperor Forneus are weird picks" is only weird because most of us are not in Japan. It's already been explained here once that in the pre-COVID Japanese meta both layers saw some use still, and so this random booster is a way to find replacements if you still wish to use them. It also helps allow heavier disks squeeze their way in, like Wheel. If they went too much heavier with the layer in that spot, Wheel would be impossible given the other contents of the booster.

In order for some of these incredibly desired parts people keep yapping for like Imperial and Diabolos (1) to see a release in a random booster, either they must use weak disks to drop their weights (and then I'm sure people will complain about the cruddy disk on the combo), or make everything else super heavy (which makes remake layers incredibly difficult to squeeze in). Weight compromises aside most of these parts are already a bit more difficult to manufacture, and trying to fit them into a random booster en masse is therefore significantly more difficult than other parts. That makes them significantly less viable for random boosters on TTs end, while perhaps being more fitting towards multi-bey sets and special releases such as the upcoming Lord Achilles. Hopefully Imperial will have something like that sometime soon.

tl;dr there is no pleasing everybody and no perfect random booster, and TT did their best here and came out with a pretty nice booster in my opinion. Having both prize beys share the same purple piece of their layer is clever design, that Merge' is a thing of beauty, this is the single best Emperor Forneus color to see the light of day, Air Knight has finally become The Banana 2.0 (as it was destined to be), Wheel is great to see, both remake beys are wonderful, and absolutely no disks are utterly trash tier. Even Defense is like seeing the face of a friend you haven't seen in forever, and stale as Revolve has become it's at least a beautiful color. You'll hear no complaints from me, barring my discontentment for those throwing their opinions out from the "failed combo expectations" pile.

You make good points but I think there're a couple things that TT could've gave the rbv to make a better impression. For one, Forneus and Air Knight could've at least came with level chips since they don't weight too much but they help the cho z beys with balance and we don't have many releases of them. Second, one of the three sparking beys should've came with a 1B recolor, maybe Abyss would've worked the best and I don't think 1B is too heavy to make a huge deal.
(Aug. 06, 2020  7:50 AM)GT_fan Wrote: You make good points but I think there're a couple things that TT could've gave the rbv to make a better impression. For one, Forneus and Air Knight could've at least came with level chips since they don't weight too much but they help the cho z beys with balance and we don't have many releases of them. Second, one of the three sparking beys should've came with a 1B recolor, maybe Abyss would've worked the best and I don't think 1B is too heavy to make a huge deal.

They've been super stingy with level chips. Why do you think they're just gonna start handing them out now? A level chip in Air Knight is stupidly difficult to remove too, so sticking one there is basically a cruel joke, just taunting you to find a way to pop it out. Level chips do nothing for Air Knight anyways.

The fact that the prize beys resorted to 1S on 5 (about 38.53 grams total) and 1D on 4Turn (about 36.30 grams) to balance their weights with the rest of this booster means any double chassis is probably too heavy for this booster, including 1B (around 42.89 grams on its own). 1B is the most reasonable option of them all as the lightest double chassis, but... can you make up for 4.36 grams of extra weight somewhere? That's a rather large weight difference for a random booster like this, and TT doesn't want significant weight differences. It just doesn't work out.
(Aug. 06, 2020  8:14 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  7:50 AM)GT_fan Wrote: You make good points but I think there're a couple things that TT could've gave the rbv to make a better impression. For one, Forneus and Air Knight could've at least came with level chips since they don't weight too much but they help the cho z beys with balance and we don't have many releases of them. Second, one of the three sparking beys should've came with a 1B recolor, maybe Abyss would've worked the best and I don't think 1B is too heavy to make a huge deal.

They've been super stingy with level chips. Why do you think they're just gonna start handing them out now? A level chip in Air Knight is stupidly difficult to remove too, so sticking one there is basically a cruel joke, just taunting you to find a way to pop it out. Level chips do nothing for Air Knight anyways.

The fact that the prize beys resorted to 1S on 5 (about 38.53 grams total) and 1D on 4Turn (about 36.30 grams) to balance their weights with the rest of this booster means any double chassis is probably too heavy for this booster, including 1B (around 42.89 grams on its own). 1B is the most reasonable option of them all as the lightest double chassis, but... can you make up for 4.36 grams of extra weight somewhere? That's a rather large weight difference for a random booster like this, and TT doesn't want significant weight differences. It just doesn't work out.
If weight is an issue, then they should add some more dummy boards plus frames, heavier drivers, or gt discs to increase the weight of the combos.

Even if the level chip is an issue for air knight, that still leaves Forneus open for one. Cho z was 2 seasons ago and I think now is the perfect time to normalize level chips for cho z recolors like how they release rare parts like assault, goku, and octa.

Plus the main problem with the rbv are the stocks on the prize beys. There're no new parts besides the rings and chip and the combos are pretty mediocre. Not only that but we just got merge' on eagle in the last rbv.
(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: If weight is an issue, then they should add some more dummy boards plus frames, heavier drivers, or gt discs to increase the weight of the combos.

Mine already had a ton of dummy boards strewn about, and shoving a ton of extra garbage boards in just isn't a good solution when you're doing it for 7 other beys. It's just way too many dummy boards in too many boxes to be a viable solution here.

Frames are always nice, but that doesn't solve the issue for Death Diabolos, which suddenly finds itself too light even with Turn in that scenario. No, you need a heavier booster overall to fit a double chassis in. That's the only way to do it, and for Random Booster 21 that would require a complete overhaul that basically ruins the Burn Phoenix combo.

(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: Even if the level chip is an issue for air knight, that still leaves Forneus open for one. Cho z was 2 seasons ago and I think now is the perfect time to normalize level chips for cho z recolors like how they release rare parts like assault, goku, and octa.

Having space for one does nothing to counter the stinginess of level chip releases. They are rare, and if TT ever planned on making them more common the time to do so was during the GT era when they were starting to push most Cho-Z beys out of the picture. No, I have no reason to expect level chips to become common in any capacity, as they probably would've done so by now if they wished for it.

Assault' here is part of a full recreation of a previously existing Metal Fight combo, as Assault' is the only Burst driver that can imitate Wide Flat from it well enough. That gets a pass as a one-off reference to the past. Both Goku and Octa have only appeared commonly in triple boosters though, which seem to be their preference for handing out rarer parts like those in a more standard release. If you follow the example of Goku and Octa you'd be more likely to see a level chip if a Cho-Z layer found its way into the Sparking Customize Set or some limited edition release, not a random booster.

(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: Plus the main problem with the rbv are the stocks on the prize beys. There're no new parts besides the rings and chip and the combos are pretty mediocre. Not only that but we just got merge' on eagle in the last rbv.

This is the exact same "failed expectations" stuff I was just taking about. Random Boosters 15, 16, 18 and 19 only had 3 new parts just like 21, and yet nobody complained about a lack of new parts in any of those. "They don't have enough new parts" just holds no water. Their combos aren't shining stars of power either, but random booster combos basically never are. That is 100% a false expectation too.