[Product]  B-170 Random Booster Vol. 21

(Aug. 06, 2020  9:49 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: If weight is an issue, then they should add some more dummy boards plus frames, heavier drivers, or gt discs to increase the weight of the combos.

Mine already had a ton of dummy boards strewn about, and shoving a ton of extra garbage boards in just isn't a good solution when you're doing it for 7 other beys. It's just way too many dummy boards in too many boxes to be a viable solution here.

Frames are always nice, but that doesn't solve the issue for Death Diabolos, which suddenly finds itself too light even with Turn in that scenario. No, you need a heavier booster overall to fit a double chassis in. That's the only way to do it, and for Random Booster 21 that would require a complete overhaul that basically ruins the Burn Phoenix combo.

(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: Even if the level chip is an issue for air knight, that still leaves Forneus open for one. Cho z was 2 seasons ago and I think now is the perfect time to normalize level chips for cho z recolors like how they release rare parts like assault, goku, and octa.

Having space for one does nothing to counter the stinginess of level chip releases. They are rare, and if TT ever planned on making them more common the time to do so was during the GT era when they were starting to push most Cho-Z beys out of the picture. No, I have no reason to expect level chips to become common in any capacity, as they probably would've done so by now if they wished for it.

Assault' here is part of a full recreation of a previously existing Metal Fight combo, as Assault' is the only Burst driver that can imitate Wide Flat from it well enough. That gets a pass as a one-off reference to the past. Both Goku and Octa have only appeared commonly in triple boosters though, which seem to be their preference for handing out rarer parts like those in a more standard release. If you follow the example of Goku and Octa you'd be more likely to see a level chip if a Cho-Z layer found its way into the Sparking Customize Set or some limited edition release, not a random booster.

(Aug. 06, 2020  9:09 AM)GT_fan Wrote: Plus the main problem with the rbv are the stocks on the prize beys. There're no new parts besides the rings and chip and the combos are pretty mediocre. Not only that but we just got merge' on eagle in the last rbv.

This is the exact same "failed expectations" stuff I was just taking about. Random Boosters 15, 16, 18 and 19 only had 3 new parts just like 21, and yet nobody complained about a lack of new parts in any of those. "They don't have enough new parts" just holds no water. Their combos aren't shining stars of power either, but random booster combos basically never are. That is 100% a false expectation too.

But the thing with random boosters 15, 16, 18 and even 19 was that a lot of the combos had good or uncommon parts. Plus the prize beys in 16 and 18 came with a new part besides the layer base, 15 had storm pegasis as the second prize bey which had ppl hyped because it was the first mfb remake (plus it came with a new driver) and 19 had Burn Phoenix as the prize which is another mfb remake. While rbv 21 has okay parts, the prize bey's combos i think is what sets ppl off, not to mention they also have a lower chance at pulling the beys
(Aug. 06, 2020  10:19 AM)GT_fan Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  9:49 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Mine already had a ton of dummy boards strewn about, and shoving a ton of extra garbage boards in just isn't a good solution when you're doing it for 7 other beys. It's just way too many dummy boards in too many boxes to be a viable solution here.

Frames are always nice, but that doesn't solve the issue for Death Diabolos, which suddenly finds itself too light even with Turn in that scenario. No, you need a heavier booster overall to fit a double chassis in. That's the only way to do it, and for Random Booster 21 that would require a complete overhaul that basically ruins the Burn Phoenix combo.

Having space for one does nothing to counter the stinginess of level chip releases. They are rare, and if TT ever planned on making them more common the time to do so was during the GT era when they were starting to push most Cho-Z beys out of the picture. No, I have no reason to expect level chips to become common in any capacity, as they probably would've done so by now if they wished for it.

Assault' here is part of a full recreation of a previously existing Metal Fight combo, as Assault' is the only Burst driver that can imitate Wide Flat from it well enough. That gets a pass as a one-off reference to the past. Both Goku and Octa have only appeared commonly in triple boosters though, which seem to be their preference for handing out rarer parts like those in a more standard release. If you follow the example of Goku and Octa you'd be more likely to see a level chip if a Cho-Z layer found its way into the Sparking Customize Set or some limited edition release, not a random booster.

This is the exact same "failed expectations" stuff I was just taking about. Random Boosters 15, 16, 18 and 19 only had 3 new parts just like 21, and yet nobody complained about a lack of new parts in any of those. "They don't have enough new parts" just holds no water. Their combos aren't shining stars of power either, but random booster combos basically never are. That is 100% a false expectation too.

But the thing with random boosters 15, 16, 18 and even 19 was that a lot of the combos had good or uncommon parts. Plus the prize beys in 16 and 18 came with a new part besides the layer base, 15 had storm pegasis as the second prize bey which had ppl hyped because it was the first mfb remake (plus it came with a new driver) and 19 had Burn Phoenix as the prize which is another mfb remake. While rbv 21 has okay parts, the prize bey's combos i think is what sets ppl off, not to mention they also have a lower chance at pulling the beys
I honestly agree. I think it makes more sense to kind of release some outclassed/older parts every while since getting good parts has gotten a little repetitive.
(Aug. 06, 2020  11:06 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  10:19 AM)GT_fan Wrote: But the thing with random boosters 15, 16, 18 and even 19 was that a lot of the combos had good or uncommon parts. Plus the prize beys in 16 and 18 came with a new part besides the layer base, 15 had storm pegasis as the second prize bey which had ppl hyped because it was the first mfb remake (plus it came with a new driver) and 19 had Burn Phoenix as the prize which is another mfb remake. While rbv 21 has okay parts, the prize bey's combos i think is what sets ppl off, not to mention they also have a lower chance at pulling the beys
I honestly agree. I think it makes more sense to kind of release some outclassed/older parts every while since getting good parts has gotten a little repetitive.

I definitely agree with competitive parts being repetitive especially in terms of disc's. It seems like we keep getting a lot of 0, 00, 10, 7 in these RBV's. I hope to see some GT disc's like St, Ar, Pr, etc.
(Aug. 06, 2020  5:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  11:06 AM)Zeutron Wrote: I honestly agree. I think it makes more sense to kind of release some outclassed/older parts every while since getting good parts has gotten a little repetitive.

I definitely agree with competitive parts being repetitive especially in terms of disc's. It seems like we keep getting a lot of 0, 00, 10, 7 in these RBV's. I hope to see some GT disc's like St, Ar, Pr, etc.

From what I know, St and Ar are pretty competitive, so i think the problem is that we keep getting the same discs from the god/cho z era and not newer competitive parts in that case. Atomic and destroy are also released fairly often but not eternal, bearing, or xtreme
(Aug. 06, 2020  7:28 PM)GT_fan Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2020  5:10 PM)YggdrasilWyvern Wrote: I definitely agree with competitive parts being repetitive especially in terms of disc's. It seems like we keep getting a lot of 0, 00, 10, 7 in these RBV's. I hope to see some GT disc's like St, Ar, Pr, etc.

From what I know, St and Ar are pretty competitive, so i think the problem is that we keep getting the same discs from the god/cho z era and not newer competitive parts in that case. Atomic and destroy are also released fairly often but not eternal, bearing, or xtreme
Yeah I think we’re all on the same page. Various disks and drivers are released way to much but some people have gotten way to accustomed to it. Honestly at this point I would even mind getting some older hardly released disks like infinity or ring or how about Drake and Convert which have literally only been released once outside of limited editions. Anything beats getting another 0 disk to add to the pile at this point.
I got this, and Death and Abyss really were worst in person than in images when I put it alongside Venom, I think I like Death's outline more, but aesthetically Venom is much better, if Death performance is not better than venom (at its time) I think I may do a combo using diabolos chip
With Abyss I have the same problem than with Erase, it just "meh", is better than Erase, but still seems lackluster against other layers' designs

Master Diabolos is the best Diabolos without a doubt, is incomparable to the other two, and it rreally feels the term "evolution" in it's design, Death and Abyss seems "how would the original Diabolos look in Superking?" than how Diabolos "would be"

Unless Death or Abyss are good competitivily (which for today it seems they are not), I would only recommend wasting this kind of money on them if you really like Diabolos (like me) or if you collect

The purple 1S looks sick with Death though

Also sorry if I didn't say anything new, but I'm not going to test them since I'm really rusty and I don't have many parts either Uncertain
Abyss is actually pretty decent imo. I feel like people consider it poorly because of its stock combo, even though it's got similarities to a left spin Master but without the odd sloping that can let opponents push down on it. I really would love to see more testing with it and see if it has potential as an alternative to Master.

As to Death, it just sorta sucks. It tries, but it just doesn't have enough aggression.
Yeah, the worst part is that death is the "main" layer of the two

I hope abyss turns out to be good, it would be nice since the set is really expensive

Edit: which it would be less worse (LOL) Venom or Death?
(Aug. 21, 2020  10:14 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Abyss is actually pretty decent imo. I feel like people consider it poorly because of its stock combo, even though it's got similarities to a left spin Master but without the odd sloping that can let opponents push down on it. I really would love to see more testing with it and see if it has potential as an alternative to Master.

As to Death, it just sorta sucks. It tries, but it just doesn't have enough aggression.

Honestly when I first saw them I thought they would fit more into the more defensive side like master as they didnt seem to have very large contact points I personally feel like people are trying to make death work on attack to much and havent seen a lot of testing for it as a defense layer
Did you tried later any double chasis with abyss?
i just got mine. It ended up being King Fafnir 8' Defense 1S and I have no idea what I can do with it. King dosent seem to be nearly as good as Mirage.