[Product]  B-161 Booster Glide Ragnaruk.Wh.R 1S

(Apr. 06, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Chip shouldn't have anything to do with Burst Resistance unless it's a mold issue or if the Chip Cores actually matter the same way A Mold God Chips work. I have a very long explanation of how the Chassis and Ring affect Burst Resistance:

The piece in the center does affect the burst resistance.  I'm unsure about the chips, but for sure the center piece of the chip affects burst resistance.  I'm not entirely sure how, but it just feels slightly different when putting them together.

I can't really feel much of a difference, but maybe try putting Helios's Chip core on Ragnaruk to see if it's as tight as Hyperion.
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:42 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: The piece in the center does affect the burst resistance.  I'm unsure about the chips, but for sure the center piece of the chip affects burst resistance.  I'm not entirely sure how, but it just feels slightly different when putting them together.

I can't really feel much of a difference, but maybe try putting Helios's Chip core on Ragnaruk to see if it's as tight as Hyperion.

I guess it's a mold difference. It doesn't feel as tight as the one from Helios. Guess I just got lucky with a tighter core.
Do Chips and Chip Cores have labels like God chips? I would assume so, but I don't have any of the Sparking beys. If so, we would want to find out what would be the Sparking equivalent of an A mold God Chip.
(Apr. 07, 2020  2:25 AM)Armor Wrote: Do Chips and Chip Cores have labels like God chips? I would assume so, but I don't have any of the Sparking beys. If so, we would want to find out what would be the Sparking equivalent of an A mold God Chip.

No, the chip cores are not labled in their combos.
(Apr. 07, 2020  2:25 AM)Armor Wrote: Do Chips and Chip Cores have labels like God chips? I would assume so, but I don't have any of the Sparking beys. If so, we would want to find out what would be the Sparking equivalent of an A mold God Chip.

They do have mold numbers on the underside, if that's what you're referring to.
(Apr. 07, 2020  2:46 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

They do have mold numbers on the underside, if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah sounds right. Just like layer bases and chips have mold labels(A1, A2...)
(Apr. 07, 2020  4:00 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2020  2:46 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: They do have mold numbers on the underside, if that's what you're referring to.

Yeah sounds right. Just like layer bases and chips have mold labels(A1, A2...)

Every Chassis, Chip, and Chip Core has a mold number, although I do see 2 mold numbers on each Chassis. One on the outside and one on the reverse side of the plastic. I needed a light to see the second one on my 1B.
So which mold is best? I remember a few years ago in the god era, there was a mold thing with the teeth with letter A,B,C,D.
(Apr. 07, 2020  4:16 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: So which mold is best? I remember a few years ago in the god era, there was a mold thing with the teeth with letter A,B,C,D.
From what i remember its A1
Let's return to the topic
(Apr. 07, 2020  4:16 AM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: So which mold is best? I remember a few years ago in the god era, there was a mold thing with the teeth with letter A,B,C,D.

It wasn't the teeth, it was the God Chip. I don't remember hearing a reason for it, but I'm thinking that the A Mold God Chips had some piece that made a bit of contact with the parts of the Driver that cling on to the Layer. So far, it's hard to tell which mold is definitively best for any part yet, but the part that might have potential is the Chip Core due to its similarity to a God Chip. There's no way that the Chip Core touches the Driver just based on putting a Driver on the underside of 1S and putting a Chip Core above it, so that's out of the question. Maybe the parts that clip on to the sides of the chip are a tiny bit thicker on certain molds of Chip Cores, which can lift the Chip a tiny bit to expose the teeth a tiny bit more.
Looking at the relatively large gap between chip core and driver position, I think it is unlikely the chip core will have the effect of unintentional god chip anti-burst bug. The emphasis is "unintentional" and "bug". If TT wants to make a super thick chip core and create this effect, they can.
(Apr. 07, 2020  5:33 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: Looking at the relatively large gap between chip core and driver position, I think it is unlikely the chip core will have the effect of unintentional god chip anti-burst bug. The emphasis is "unintentional" and "bug". If TT wants to make a super thick chip core and create this effect, they can.

There's always a possibility that, as I said above, some Chip Cores will hold the Chip a little bit higher up to increase Burst Resistance, although there is certainly the possibility that TT made sure to not do that this time around.
(Apr. 07, 2020  5:37 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 07, 2020  5:33 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: Looking at the relatively large gap between chip core and driver position, I think it is unlikely the chip core will have the effect of unintentional god chip anti-burst bug. The emphasis is "unintentional" and "bug". If TT wants to make a super thick chip core and create this effect, they can.

There's always a possibility that, as I said above, some Chip Cores will hold the Chip a little bit higher up to increase Burst Resistance, although there is certainly the possibility that TT made sure to not do that this time around.

Agree, it is the chip core's wing thickness that has this potential bug. You can experiment this now. Just intentionally dislodge the chip core after assembling the bey, you will realize that the teeth becomes super strong. This bug has fundamentally different mechanism from the god chip bug aka maximum garuda anti-burst bug.
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: The Chip shouldn't have anything to do with Burst Resistance unless it's a mold issue or if the Chip Cores actually matter the same way A Mold God Chips work. I have a very long explanation of how the Chassis and Ring affect Burst Resistance:

The piece in the center does affect the burst resistance.  I'm unsure about the chips, but for sure the center piece of the chip affects burst resistance.  I'm not entirely sure how, but it just feels slightly different when putting them together.

I have observed that ragnaruk chip's plastic is a a little bit longer compared to hyperion. Because of this added length, the teeth of the chassis is positioned deeper and the longer chip plastic pushes the driver lower. This probably contributes to the bursting. Putting hyperion chip on glide lessens the bursting because the teeth is almost at level with the chip plastic.
(Apr. 08, 2020  11:19 AM)octa Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:18 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: The piece in the center does affect the burst resistance.  I'm unsure about the chips, but for sure the center piece of the chip affects burst resistance.  I'm not entirely sure how, but it just feels slightly different when putting them together.

I have observed that ragnaruk chip's plastic is a a little bit longer compared to hyperion. Because of this added length, the teeth of the chassis is positioned deeper and the longer chip plastic pushes the driver lower. This probably contributes to the bursting. Putting hyperion chip on glide lessens the bursting because the teeth is almost at level with the chip plastic.

Like I mentioned before right before your post, it is the thickness of chip core wing that causes this effect. Based on very limited sample, my measurement shows ragnaruk chip core wing is ~0.1mm thinner than helios n hyperion hence result in weaker lock.
[Image: Both-ragnaruks-final.png][Image: Ragnaruks-changed-2.png]
I did a bit of photoshop and managed to fix up glide Ragnaruk (Ranjiro's version). I also decided to switch chips, which made them look a lot better Smile
(Apr. 10, 2020  1:32 PM)Darkhelmz Wrote: [Image: Both-ragnaruks-final.png][Image: Ragnaruks-changed-2.png]
I did a bit of photoshop and managed to fix up glide Ragnaruk (Ranjiro's version). I also decided to switch chips, which made them look a lot better Smile

Nice job dude. I agree, they look much better whey the chip swap.i particularly like the all clear GRg
I think they wanted enough orange on each, so they refused to give Rantaro's Ragnaruk the full orange setup.
(Apr. 10, 2020  1:32 PM)Darkhelmz Wrote: [Image: Both-ragnaruks-final.png][Image: Ragnaruks-changed-2.png]

For Ranjiro’s Ragnaruk, yes, but for Rantaro’s, most certainly not. There is too much orange on Rantaro’s with the chip being orange.
I actually really like Ranjiro's. The orange stickers + orange chip and the navy blue. Wish the parts had been a bit different, but whatever.

If only white Crash Ragnaruk found in the Cho-Z Customize Set had orange stickers, too.
I've been having some really good results with Glide Ragnaruk wheel and assault'. Has really good weight, the aggressiveness of assault' gives it some really good attack stats (imo), and maintains pretty decent stamina and burst resistance.
(Apr. 10, 2020  5:21 PM)MajestiqMike Wrote: I've been having some really good results with Glide Ragnaruk wheel and assault'. Has really good weight, the aggressiveness of assault' gives it some really good attack stats (imo), and maintains pretty decent stamina and burst resistance.

So, this is basically Crash then?
(Apr. 13, 2020  4:35 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2020  5:21 PM)MajestiqMike Wrote: I've been having some really good results with Glide Ragnaruk  wheel and assault'. Has really good weight, the aggressiveness of assault' gives it some really good attack stats (imo), and maintains pretty decent stamina and burst resistance.

So, this is basically Crash then?

It's not as tanky as Crash because of the recoil and upwards shape, but it does seem to work best on mobile combos as a kind of aggressive Destabilizer.