[Product]  B-161 Booster Glide Ragnaruk.Wh.R 1S

You're probably better off using something like 10Cross to maximize both LAD and same spin stamina. In terms of "layer scraping", this was never too big of an issue. Even without frames, most discs stop most layers from touching the stadium floor.
Could Wheel be god with destroy’? Wheel seems to be better than others when it comes to a stamina/attack hybrid, or even a tornado staller.
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:35 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: The experiment from Papabey video show contrary result from your theory. The whole conversation started due to observation from the video.

This isn't theory. This is hard science that's been proven through over two decades of battling, even all the way back in the Plastic generation. To assume that something so time-tested is suddenly wrong off of a single video seems like a bad idea. That should be a hint that there's something else going on that you haven't considered yet. I have a theory on what that may be at the end, but what's in the middle is important as well so please bear with me here.

Eigerblade's already pointed out that Vanguard is inferior to other options on Bearing combos, such as 0/00 Wall. That alone is likely a big contributor to some of the oddness we're seeing, as that combo is not at full strength. On top of that it looks to me like Xtend+ is being used in Stamina mode for all combos, when Defense Mode and Attack mode offer more LAD (Defense in particular is usually considered the best for LAD on Xtend+, given the need to severely underlaunch Attack mode). If the Master Spriggan combo used a better disk or Xtend+ used Defense Mode, it's likely that the results would swing directly in that beys favor immensely. Already I have issues accepting the results because the tests are either using second-tier parts (Vanguard) or not using parts optimally (Xtend+ in Defense for opposite-spin matches).

Secondly, you have to keep the sample size in mind. Around the WBO we usually don't consider any test valid without at least 10 results, and 20+ test runs are usually considered far more accurate. 5 rounds per match is too small a sample for any sort of accuracy, and that alone is reason enough to throw this result out until more testing is done, and it only piles up with the earlier issue of awkward part usage above.

Even then, I have considered the possibility of Wheel's weight increase (which is fairly immense compared to Outer) to be great enough that it can roughly keep up with Outer not through reducing friction but by simply having more kinetic energy and pushing through it. Yes, you're less efficient in hauling your load as you scrape on the ground, but you're also so much bulkier that it might just not matter that you're losing energy faster because you have so much more energy to lose. Think about it: even if you lose double the energy by scraping, you'll still win the LAD war if you have three times the energy to lose. The numbers here aren't quite this extreme, since spin velocities are roughly equal to each other and the weights aren't that far apart from one another, but it should hopefully get my point across.
(Apr. 02, 2020  11:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:35 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: The experiment from Papabey video show contrary result from your theory. The whole conversation started due to observation from the video.

Looks like it’s a good thing that I’m getting Glide Ragnaruk, since I’ll be able to do some testing with it.
(Apr. 03, 2020  12:04 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Looks like it’s a good thing that I’m getting Glide Ragnaruk, since I’ll be able to do some testing with it.

I am as well, but shipping is all sorts of borked right now.
(Apr. 03, 2020  12:48 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  12:04 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: Looks like it’s a good thing that I’m getting Glide Ragnaruk, since I’ll be able to do some testing with it.

I am as well, but shipping is all sorts of borked right now.
I should be getting mine at some point next week. It’s already in NJ so maybe Monday.
How much those glide ragnurak costs
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:05 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  12:48 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: I am as well, but shipping is all sorts of borked right now.
I should be getting mine at some point next week. It’s already in NJ so maybe Monday.

It should cost a lot because it’s new right
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:29 AM)Xcalius Savage Wrote: How much those glide ragnurak costs
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:05 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I should be getting mine at some point next week. It’s already in NJ so maybe Monday.

not rly tbh. around 25/26 USD from what I've seen.
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:29 AM)Xcalius Savage Wrote: How much those glide ragnurak costs
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:05 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I should be getting mine at some point next week. It’s already in NJ so maybe Monday.

I wouldn’t call $22 that much.
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:38 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:29 AM)Xcalius Savage Wrote: How much those glide ragnurak costs

Wait isn't it 17$ if you count shipping from 12$
(Apr. 03, 2020  5:18 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:38 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I wouldn’t call $22 that much.
Wait isn't it 17$ if you count shipping from 12$

That’s how much I paid. It all depends on where you live.
Hi, I am new here but I kinda learned a lot by browsing in this forum.

I happened to be lucky enough to get the sparking beys asap and upon reading here, I made a video of Pp.wh.xt+ on def mode vs MS.00w.br.

Please bear with me as I am quite new. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/0u9gayf7guQ

P.S. this is a pp on wheel testing video just to give everyone an idea of its performance against wall on bearing. iirc, eigerblade above asked if someone could test wheel xtend+ vs wall on bearing instead of vanguard.
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:13 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  5:18 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Wait isn't it 17$ if you count shipping from 12$

That’s how much I paid. It all depends on where you live.
Oo yeah I forgot about the region shipping
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:38 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  1:29 AM)Xcalius Savage Wrote: How much those glide ragnurak costs

Wow I thought it was 50, I could get the bey now
(Apr. 03, 2020  2:40 PM)octa Wrote: Hi, I am new here but I kinda learned a lot by browsing in this forum.

I happened to be lucky enough to get the sparking beys asap and upon reading here, I made a video of Pp.wh.xt+ on def mode vs MS.00w.br.

Please bear with me as I am quite new. Here is the link

Hi! Welcome to WBO!

At first I didn't think this video was related to the thread at all, but I see now that you included a single part from the new release (Wheel) in it.

I'm still not sure it relates to this product thread. Might be better in a Wheel thread or Wheel testing thread. At the very least, you should include additional detail such as "This is a Wheel testing video" so people don't think it's random spam and report it.
(Apr. 05, 2020  2:54 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2020  2:40 PM)octa Wrote: Hi, I am new here but I kinda learned a lot by browsing in this forum.

Please bear with me as I am quite new. Here is the link

Hi! Welcome to WBO!

At first I didn't think this video was related to the thread at all, but I see now that you included a single part from the new release (Wheel) in it.

I'm still not sure it relates to this product thread. Might be better in a Wheel thread or Wheel testing thread. At the very least, you should include additional detail such as "This is a Wheel testing video" so people don't think it's random spam and report it.

Thank you! I will keep this in mind.
(Apr. 03, 2020  2:40 PM)octa Wrote: P.S. this is a pp on wheel testing video just to give everyone an idea of its performance against wall on bearing. iirc, eigerblade above asked if someone could test wheel xtend+ vs wall on bearing instead of vanguard.

Thank you for the video and the effort. It seems that despite the shape, Wheel still has pretty good LAD when used with Xtend+ defense mode.
My Glide is coming today. If I get a red painted chassis, heads will roll. I'd be fine with either Hyperion or Helios (I guess) but please don't force me to buy another Glide.
(Apr. 06, 2020  3:50 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: My Glide is coming today. If I get a red painted chassis, heads will roll. I'd be fine with either Hyperion or Helios (I guess) but please don't force me to buy another Glide.
But this are rare, shouldn't you be happy?
Why? If something is not visually appealing and I had an expectation of receiving a different product, then I'd be upset. Sure, I could sell it, but then I would have to wait 1-2 more weeks for the one I wanted in the first place AND do all the work to sell it and earn like 20 more dollars. It's all subjective, of course. Except the red chassis -- the only opinion is that it's ugly and too much red.

You'd understand my perspective if you received TWO Gold Tact Longinus (after selling the first, buying the second in hopes it wouldn't be Gold and then receiving another Gold) and had to wait like an extra month to test it out and play with it because you had to sell the other two.
So my Glide Ragnaruk came in today, and what is interesting is that the teeth for 1S feel good. When I tried it against a couple of stock GT beys, specifically Slash Valkyrie and Union Achilles, I noticed it burst to Union Achilles, as I should expect after seeing the videos of Glide bursting often. It didn’t burst to Slash Valkyrie strangely. Regardless, I think that the ring Glide might be the issue to the bursting. It has a little bit of recoil as well as not being super balanced on 1S.
(Apr. 06, 2020  7:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: So my Glide Ragnaruk came in today, and what is interesting is that the teeth for 1S feel good. When I tried it against a couple of stock GT beys, specifically Slash Valkyrie and Union Achilles, I noticed it burst to Union Achilles, as I should expect after seeing the videos of Glide bursting often. It didn’t burst to Slash Valkyrie strangely. Regardless, I think that the ring Glide might be the issue to the bursting. It has a little bit of recoil as well as not being super balanced on 1S.

That, and I would say the Ragnaruk Chip also has something to do with the burst resistance. With a Hyperion chip, it doesn't burst as often. Still often, just not as much
(Apr. 06, 2020  7:41 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  7:15 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: So my Glide Ragnaruk came in today, and what is interesting is that the teeth for 1S feel good. When I tried it against a couple of stock GT beys, specifically Slash Valkyrie and Union Achilles, I noticed it burst to Union Achilles, as I should expect after seeing the videos of Glide bursting often. It didn’t burst to Slash Valkyrie strangely. Regardless, I think that the ring Glide might be the issue to the bursting. It has a little bit of recoil as well as not being super balanced on 1S.

That, and I would say the Ragnaruk Chip also has something to do with the burst resistance.  With a Hyperion chip, it doesn't burst as often.  Still often, just not as much

The Chip shouldn't have anything to do with Burst Resistance unless it's a mold issue or if the Chip Cores actually matter the same way A Mold God Chips work. I have a very long explanation of how the Chassis and Ring affect Burst Resistance:
(Apr. 06, 2020  8:10 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 06, 2020  7:41 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: That, and I would say the Ragnaruk Chip also has something to do with the burst resistance.  With a Hyperion chip, it doesn't burst as often.  Still often, just not as much

The Chip shouldn't have anything to do with Burst Resistance unless it's a mold issue or if the Chip Cores actually matter the same way A Mold God Chips work. I have a very long explanation of how the Chassis and Ring affect Burst Resistance:

The piece in the center does affect the burst resistance. I'm unsure about the chips, but for sure the center piece of the chip affects burst resistance. I'm not entirely sure how, but it just feels slightly different when putting them together.