[Product]  B-161 Booster Glide Ragnaruk.Wh.R 1S

(Mar. 29, 2020  9:29 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Chassis Turbo?

lol. Im liking the new rare variants (minus gold accents Helios)
I actually don't like that Uncertain The red becomes too much.

Painted discs is certainly interesting, I guess. Would've been much better if it were interesting recolours that looked nicer than the originals instead of cheap and easy.
(Mar. 29, 2020  9:29 PM)Dacatman Wrote: Chassis Turbo?

Maybe
(Mar. 29, 2020  9:07 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  7:30 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Here's an image with what the rare colored Chasis for Glide Ragnaruk looks like:
[Image: EULYjcFUcAYF_gm?format=jpg&name=medium]
The all red Chassis. I think we can expect the rare versions of the Chassis to be a similar color to the color of the plastic portion on them.
How can you get this?
Spend mybe between 40-90$ on Ebay. I hope every bey doesn't have this. Makes me wonder if the new Satan coming next month will have a black chassis. I've spent a few thousand on beys. My mom is kinda still pissed that I spent 145 on the black revive Phoenix
(Mar. 29, 2020  11:43 PM)Dodgest Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  9:07 PM)g2_ Wrote: How can you get this?
Spend mybe between 40-90$ on Ebay. I hope every bey doesn't have this. Makes me wonder if the new Satan coming next month will have a black chassis. I've spent a few thousand on beys. My mom is kinda still pissed that I spent 145 on the black revive Phoenix
There is a picture under the rumor thread with a picture of a green chassis. Supposedly it’s 1D, Satan’s chassis.

(Mar. 20, 2020  6:04 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: [Image: 90622402_207466223822231_529671760832888...e=5E9B760D]

[Image: 90705471_684009982341000_144498412975292...e=5E998DE4]

So how do you get these? Bey lottery? Tournament prizes? If they show up on eBay I’m going to have to buy
(Mar. 29, 2020  11:45 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  11:43 PM)Dodgest Wrote: Spend mybe between 40-90$ on Ebay. I hope every bey doesn't have this. Makes me wonder if the new Satan coming next month will have a black chassis. I've spent a few thousand on beys. My mom is kinda still pissed that I spent 145 on the black revive Phoenix
There is a picture under the rumor thread with a picture of a green chassis. Supposedly it’s 1D, Satan’s chassis.

(Mar. 20, 2020  6:04 PM)BeybladeFanOff Wrote: [Image: 90622402_207466223822231_529671760832888...e=5E9B760D]

[Image: 90705471_684009982341000_144498412975292...e=5E998DE4]

So how do you get these? Bey lottery? Tournament prizes? If they show up on eBay I’m going to have to buy

I heard they were tournament prizes, but I'm going to need someone to back me up on that.
(Mar. 30, 2020  1:24 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 29, 2020  11:45 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: There is a picture under the rumor thread with a picture of a green chassis. Supposedly it’s 1D, Satan’s chassis.

I heard they were tournament prizes, but I'm going to need someone to back me up on that.

You have to spend BeyPoints for them by going to wbba tournaments if you want to get them normally, but obviously a trip to Japan isn't very plausible in the foreseeable future. Of course, they'll probably sell on eBay for at least double or triple their value.
You could always just rack up bey points from home bye launching a lot or doing one of those tasks (since most ppl can’t get to tournaments) Then order the limited edition bey and get it through samurai buyer. Not sure about samurai buyers extra fees but this method works.
(Mar. 30, 2020  11:45 AM)snoc Wrote: You could always just rack up bey points from home bye launching a lot or doing one of those tasks (since most ppl can’t get to tournaments) Then order the limited edition bey and get it through samurai buyer. Not sure about samurai buyers extra fees but this method works.

Those aren't the same kinds of points. We're talking about the points you get from actually going to wbba tournaments, not from the app. The Takara Tomy website seems to refer to these as "Super King Points" and highlights three ways to get them: a participation prize at a G4 tournament, a prize for beating a Mugen Bey or two Muso Beys (probably at a wbba store), and by beating a wbba staff member (the site mentions teams, but I'm not sure if it has to be teams or if it means team of Beyblades).
I very much like Glide, I also show some combinations like w/Hybrid, Paradox, Biltz etc..

From this video, it looks like pP is still king in same spin and that Wheel outclasses Outer.
(Mar. 31, 2020  4:52 PM)Biggster Wrote:

From this video, it looks like pP is still king in same spin and that Wheel outclasses Outer.

Finally, something to "replace" Outer.
(Apr. 01, 2020  2:21 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2020  4:52 PM)Biggster Wrote: From this video, it looks like pP is still king in same spin and that Wheel outclasses Outer.

Finally, something to "replace" Outer.

*** removed video to reduce clutter ***

I think pP.Wh.Xt+ is going to dominate the meta for a while. 

Wheel being heavier gives an advantage in stamina. This one is obvious.

What is less obvious is that Wheel being thicker actually prevents layer from scratching the floor during LAD, giving it another advantage over Outer.
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:41 PM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  2:21 AM)Armor Wrote: Finally, something to "replace" Outer.

What is less obvious is that Wheel being thicker actually prevents layer from scratching the floor during LAD, giving it another advantage over Outer.
but isnt wheel still outclassed by things like 00 wall because if you put those on bearing u have a lowers chance of scraping
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:45 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:41 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: *** removed video to reduce clutter ***

but isnt wheel still outclassed by things like 00 wall because if you put those on bearing u have a lowers chance of scraping

Ratchet and 00 Wall almost certainly outclass Wheel on Bearing and Hold', but Wheel is much better on Xtend+, Atomic, and other standard LAD Drivers.
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:48 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:45 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: but isnt wheel still outclassed by things like 00 wall because if you put those on bearing u have a lowers chance of scraping

Ratchet and 00 Wall almost certainly outclass Wheel on Bearing and Hold', but Wheel is much better on Xtend+, Atomic, and other standard LAD Drivers.

yeah very true as it is heavier than sting or just 00
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:48 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:45 PM)MasterOfTheSky Wrote: but isnt wheel still outclassed by things like 00 wall because if you put those on bearing u have a lowers chance of scraping

I’d like to see why you believe that. Wheel has more weight than the two, and it’s weight is placed outward, so it would be great on bearing combos and Xtend+ combos alike.
(Apr. 01, 2020  2:00 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:48 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Ratchet and 00 Wall almost certainly outclass Wheel on Bearing and Hold', but Wheel is much better on Xtend+, Atomic, and other standard LAD Drivers.

I’d like to see why you believe that. Wheel has more weight than the two, and it’s weight is placed outward, so it would be great on bearing combos and Xtend+ combos alike.

There are a couple of problems with Wheel on Bearing. First, it doesn't lower the center of gravity enough to maximize Bearing's LAD potential. Second, it makes a combo easier to Burst because of its heavy weight and outward weight distribution. The third and final issue is that it's designed to not work with Burst Stoppers and Burst Resistance tabs, which make Gen combos the only ones that can have good Burst Resistance with Wheel Bearing. Master could also be kind of tight with bearing, but Around and Paradox are already very good on Master.
Kinda looks like a beefed up blaze ragnaruk
(Apr. 01, 2020  3:16 PM)Xcalius Savage Wrote: Kinda looks like a beefed up blaze ragnaruk

That's sorta the point.
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:41 PM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  2:21 AM)Armor Wrote: Finally, something to "replace" Outer.

Layer scrape isn't exactly an issue for the original combo. By your logic, using Wall on something like Atomic is ideal because it "prevents the layer from scratching the floor during LAD".
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:05 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2020  1:41 PM)DinoBurst Wrote: *** removed video to reduce clutter ***

Layer scrape isn't exactly an issue for the original combo. By your logic, sing Wall on something like Atomic is ideal because it "prevents the layer from scratching the floor during LAD".

Wall scraping or any frame scraping has similar effect as layer scraping. Smooth parts like Wheel metal scraping has very little friction hence better LAD.
(Apr. 02, 2020  3:46 AM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  2:05 AM)Armor Wrote: Layer scrape isn't exactly an issue for the original combo. By your logic, sing Wall on something like Atomic is ideal because it "prevents the layer from scratching the floor during LAD".

Wall scraping or any frame scraping has similar effect as layer scraping. Smooth parts like Wheel metal scraping has very little friction hence better LAD.

Realistically LAD is based on reducing friction to a minimum, and simply being metal doesn't help there as much as finding the best shape does. This goes double because Wheel is a bit squarish, and that bumpy squarish shape is going to do a lot less good than Outer's almost perfect circle. That's aside from the fact that Outer already prevents Perfect Phoenix's layer from scraping, while giving the combination more time while it wobbles before the disk hits the ground. Outer outclasses Wheel in Stamina all day every day, but it doesn't have the same Stamina or Attack potential.

That being said, I think Wheel is basically Sting 2.0. Terrible at LAD, but basically the absolute best disk for same-spin Attack/Stamina (presuming you can handle any burst resistance problems that arise from having so much weight with such a heavily outwards weight distribution).
(Apr. 02, 2020  6:07 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2020  3:46 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: Wall scraping or any frame scraping has similar effect as layer scraping. Smooth parts like Wheel metal scraping has very little friction hence better LAD.

Realistically LAD is based on reducing friction to a minimum, and simply being metal doesn't help there as much as finding the best shape does. This goes double because Wheel is a bit squarish, and that bumpy squarish shape is going to do a lot less good than Outer's almost perfect circle. That's aside from the fact that Outer already prevents Perfect Phoenix's layer from scraping, while giving the combination more time while it wobbles before the disk hits the ground. Outer outclasses Wheel in Stamina all day every day, but it doesn't have the same Stamina or Attack potential.

That being said, I think Wheel is basically Sting 2.0. Terrible at LAD, but basically the absolute best disk for same-spin Attack/Stamina (presuming you can handle any burst resistance problems that arise from having so much weight with such a heavily outwards weight distribution).

The experiment from Papabey video show contrary result from your theory. The whole conversation started due to observation from the video.
Right, I'll share my two cents on this whole LAD and layer scrape topic.

Layer scraping actually happens, yes. It is easily observable when using a wide layer like Tact along with Outer Xtend+ (even with Cross, Tact layer would hit the floor first IIRC). It is highly likely that Glide will have the same issue where Outer is too small that the layer hits the floor first, reducing its LAD and resulting in a loss against opposite spin Vanguard Bearing like in the video. This is why Wheel works better with Glide Ragnaruk than Outer in the video.

Wheel itself is a bit square-ish, but its LAD still seems pretty good with Xtend+. Its too bad that the test in the video was done against Vanguard Bearing, which actually performs less well than Wall Bearing. If someone can test Wheel Xtend+ against Wall Bearing it would be a better way to gauge its LAD potential.

In Phoenix' case, that layer has a unique shape that slopes upwards, which nullifies any layer scrape issue even when using Outer Xtend+ despite its wide size. Wheel would increase its same spin stamina but lowers its LAD somewhat. Not to a terrible degree, but its still a considerable tradeoff.