[Product]  B-143 Random Layer Vol. 1 (Dread Bahamut 天)

(May. 25, 2019  5:29 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: Agreed. Yet with so many left spin beys in the meta, burst resistance is important for left spins as well. 
Obviously gen is a massive gamble(I’m stuck with the word since ep 8,wow!!) but that’s why it might be a thing with zwei Longinus. There is a lot of metal on that layer base! Almost as much or even more than cho-z beys, that and the fact that these beys are already quite heavy might make up for the weight loss from gen. also I’m just assuming here. It could(disappointingly) turn out that the metal on Zwei doesn’t make much of a difference in terms of total weight and gen would still remain unused.
Metal or no, you gotta get that weight to match up against Super-Z layers. Not sure you can afford to drop off so much weight even with metal on Zwei, but that's not really related to Dread Bahamut or this booster.

Honestly just hoping Dread ends up better than it looks right now. I reserve the right to laugh at everyone if Dread is a sleeper too.
(May. 25, 2019  5:12 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yeah, attack types are gonna need more burst resistance so I doubt that Zwei will have that issue. Might just be a thing for left-spin Defense/Stamina?
Definitely hope so.

(May. 25, 2019  5:29 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: Agreed. Yet with so many left spin beys in the meta, burst resistance is important for left spins as well. 
Obviously gen is a massive gamble(I’m stuck with the word since ep 8,wow!!) but that’s why it might be a thing with zwei Longinus. There is a lot of metal on that layer base! Almost as much or even more than cho-z beys, that and the fact that these beys are already quite heavy might make up for the weight loss from gen. also I’m just assuming here. It could(disappointingly) turn out that the metal on Zwei doesn’t make much of a difference in terms of total weight and gen would still remain unused.
In the process of not bursting, you are missing out on stamina. 2 out of the 3 bases are stamina. If you happen to face longinus, (attack is used less often than others. But, of course, you shouldn't not consider it as a possible matchup) you are probably getting KOed instead of bursted.

Also, I think longinus will need to use a normal weight to have a weight disadvantage. Bloody longinus didn't have as huge of weight advantage (maybe the design was a reason too) and used only to counter left spins (that too occasionally). In fact, it even had a weight disadvantage in some/ many of the matchups.
(May. 25, 2019  6:40 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: In the process of not bursting, you are missing out on stamina. 2 out of the 3 bases are stamina. If you happen to face longinus, (attack is used less often than others. But, of course, you shouldn't not consider it as a possible matchup) you are probably getting KOed instead of bursted.

Also, I think longinus will need to use a normal weight to have a weight disadvantage. Bloody longinus didn't have as huge of weight advantage (maybe the design was a reason too) and used only to counter left spins (that too occasionally). In fact, it even had a weight disadvantage in some/ many of the matchups.
I've said it before I'll say it again. 
It will depend upon the weight of Zwei. But anyways, why are you so fixated on stamina for an attack type layer base. That's a lot of metal on the layer. What would you do if say that a combo like ZL with gen weighed 27 grams. That would be heavier than the heaviest layer right now. Of course you could get heavier still by using ten instead of gen but that's not the point. You remain the heaviest even with the lightest layer weight,for an added gimmick of a burst stopper, then, I for one am gonna go for the burst stopper. Not to mention the heavier discs can also be used with gen.

I don't understand that thing with longinus being at a weight disadvantage by using a regular weight. 

But bL wasn't good enough because all layers had metal and it's shape made it obsolete against right spin because of the slopes. Basically every layer had stolen longinus' trademark gimmick of metal on the layer.
Anyways if you inspect the image of zwei that we have it, evidently, has massive chunks of metal. So being light is out the window for zwei. Gen is definitely a feasible choice if it weighs enough.
U guys think its gonna be in the anime?
(May. 25, 2019  11:40 PM)kimeru Wrote: U guys think its gonna be in the anime?

It's a possibility when Dread Bahamut possibly gets rereleased with a stock combo down the line.
Any Suggested combos for Dread Bahamut ?
Dread Bahamut Ten weighs a lot (25g)
I guess Outer and Xtend+ will be good
How is Bahamut's teeth though
(May. 26, 2019  10:55 AM)LegendSonu Wrote: Dread Bahamut Ten weighs a lot (25g)

It's Bahamut, YO
(May. 26, 2019  12:50 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  10:55 AM)LegendSonu Wrote: Dread Bahamut Ten weighs a lot (25g)

It's Bahamut, YO

Been looking at unboxing videos for DB and it doesn't look so great in relation to the gimmick (which needs the combo to be more Burstable to "utilize/activate" the gimmick); the sound of the clicks also don't seem that feasible either, but of course testing will show it's true colors. It just looks so recoil-heavy in its normal shape and tries to be more circular and provide less contact points when it's close to Bursting.

Since this is Bahamut, I doubt the teeth will be much better than Fafnir (as it's supposed to be a Defense type which should have the carp teeth). Some YTubers hard launch the poor thing (like they did with WF), which is probably why it would Burst so much even against opposite spins.
I was thinking about a combo like DB/F.0E/Hr.Ds' Ten. This combo would hopefully perform like the crash and dash combos but left spin.
I was also thinking about DB/F.Rt.H' Ten. The 'heavy' like structure of the ratchet disk will line up with the contact points (DB reminds me of wild wyvron which is like a round edged square) and Ten will help in that as well. Hold' will provide good LAD when combined with ratchet. It will destabilize the opponent when facing left spin (very doubtful of this).
Note: These are only my thoughts and the combos are just theory combos.
Man, I really wanna stick that green Dead armor on the original red Phoenix; Make it look like a ho-oh or quetzal or something.
(May. 29, 2019  12:37 PM)Triumph Wrote: [Image: nzNgq10.jpg]
I think I actually prefer the one that was shaped more like the original.
(May. 29, 2019  2:51 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  12:37 PM)Triumph Wrote: [Image: nzNgq10.jpg]
I think I actually prefer the one that was shaped more like the original.

I would also prefer the original shape of aB for the GT version, since it actually had some nice protection from many attacks. The gimmick doesn't look too good performance-wise tho, since it has a different activating mechanism compared to its predecessor

Putting Gen Weight on this will probably nullify its gimmick and render it useless in battles, since Gen prevents the Bey from even clicking once, and that Dread need the clicks to approach Burst to be able to gain that ultra-circular shape.
(May. 31, 2019  4:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  2:51 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I think I actually prefer the one that was shaped more like the original.

I would also prefer the original shape of aB for the GT version, since it actually had some nice protection from many attacks. The gimmick doesn't look too good performance-wise tho, since it has a different activating mechanism compared to its predecessor

Putting Gen Weight on this will probably nullify its gimmick and render it useless in battles, since Gen prevents the Bey from even clicking once, and that Dread need the clicks to approach Burst to be able to gain that ultra-circular shape.
A Bey can still burst with the gen weight it just makes it harder.
(Jun. 06, 2019  3:22 AM)Ramon001 Wrote:
(May. 31, 2019  4:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I would also prefer the original shape of aB for the GT version, since it actually had some nice protection from many attacks. The gimmick doesn't look too good performance-wise tho, since it has a different activating mechanism compared to its predecessor

A Bey can still burst with the gen weight it just makes it harder.

Huh. I guess that is still not as great then to prioritize Burst risk over weight.
(May. 25, 2019  8:11 PM)Garvin prime Wrote: I've said it before I'll say it again. 
It will depend upon the weight of Zwei. But anyways, why are you so fixated on stamina for an attack type layer base. That's a lot of metal on the layer. What would you do if say that a combo like ZL with gen weighed 27 grams. That would be heavier than the heaviest layer right now. Of course you could get heavier still by using ten instead of gen but that's not the point. You remain the heaviest even with the lightest layer weight,for an added gimmick of a burst stopper, then, I for one am gonna go for the burst stopper. Not to mention the heavier discs can also be used with gen.

I don't understand that thing with longinus being at a weight disadvantage by using a regular weight. 

But bL wasn't good enough because all layers had metal and it's shape made it obsolete against right spin because of the slopes. Basically every layer had stolen longinus' trademark gimmick of metal on the layer.
Anyways if you inspect the image of zwei that we have it, evidently, has massive chunks of metal. So being light is out the window for zwei. Gen is definitely a feasible choice if it weighs enough.
I wasn't even talking about the loss of stamina for zwei longinus. I was saying that for left spin bases in general. You talked about left spins in general only (in the 1st sentence post that I had quoted in that message). And, what makes you to say that heavier disks can be used only after the gen weight is used?
That sentence was a mistake. I meant weight advantage. My bad.
P.S: I don't know how I had missed replying to your post. Sorry for late post.
(Jun. 06, 2019  12:56 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I wasn't even talking about the loss of stamina for zwei longinus. I was saying that for left spin bases in general. You talked about left spins in general only (in the 1st sentence post that I had quoted in that message). And, what makes you to say that heavier disks can be used only after the gen weight is used?
That sentence was a mistake. I meant weight advantage. My bad.
P.S: I don't know how I had missed replying to your post. Sorry for late post.

hey its alright buddy, i like discussing things about new releases and future releases.
anyways, my point is usually, left spin beys are weak to moderate launched against right spin, to avoid self burst risk. this gives a higher chance of bursting right spins (remember lost longinus meta era) but for a bey that has high KO potential, you have to launch hard, really hard (bloody longinus) which will work against them by means of self burst. now since the meta is almost about to be balanced by more left spin beys, you need to be able to burst them, which is harder using right spin than left spin.
also heavier disc+frame/discs that have great OWD are many times renders obsolete, due to self bursts (blitz is a good example) yeah we can have heavier disc frame combos, but heavy hitters like valkyrie, excaliber, longinus need OWD to reach peak performance. if we can compensate for gen's weight loss by using other heavier (and parts that were obsolete earlier because of self burst) then most definitely an option that is feasible.
and i am only considering using gen for attack types. thats why i don't want to go into the stamina issue. 
also lets keep this discussion in the gen layer weight thread the next time.
oh and i remember gen allowing one click, so the gimmick should function partly

That was precisely why I didn't think Gen Weight would prove beneficial for DB initially. However, upon acquiring the Layer and slapping it on Sting.Atomic Ten, it actually is quite amazing just like its predecessor as long as you don't encounter consistent same spin attack hard hitters and/or opposite spin KO-ers/stallers. I also tried using my mod made from leather scraps to simulate Gen Weight's Burst resistance, and it still does activate the gimmick at the 1st click, so it may still be usable along with 00W.Br in comparison to WF.
Great points. But, lost longinus doesn't really burst other by being weakly launched. It is more of a self burst of the other bey (as far as I know).
(Jun. 07, 2019  11:15 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Great points. But, lost longinus doesn't really burst other by being weakly launched. It is more of a self burst of the other bey (as far as I know).

that was how it worked and how most left spins function, whereas right spin attack types are mostly hard launched