[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

Well, it'll probably do best with Opposite Spin, so Bearing Atomic Revolve XT+ Orbit Eternal are fairly sound tip choices. Destroy less so, unless you give it enough weight to make it attack. 0 and 7, yeah, those would be good. And don't forget Glaive, which is dang fine on left spin.
"Going forget Glave"? What does that mean? I've also heard that Star is viable on it. Is it better or worse than Glave?
(May. 02, 2019  12:41 AM)IceCreeper909 Wrote: Do you guys think Revolve, Atomic, 7, Glave, 0, Bearing, Destroy, etc. still work well with wF?

All probable combos used with Drain and Geist for the meta are definitely applicable to Wizard, but seeing that we have Sr and CZS, plus hS and possibly bL, the power of Wizard is quite limited to fighting opposite spins alone (unless the tournament format is only GT Layers, then it may have a higher win rate).

It is quite as weak as dF and aB for same spin matchups, especially against aggro combos. The increased rubber, based on my observations, has exacerbated its Burst risk against same spin, even with Ratchet (which is apparently a useless Disk considering scrapefest and more often than not taller combos that almost never hit the Disk/Frame height). Putting it with high OWD Core Disks makes it more prone to Bursts as well.

If only they made the teeth taller and better than its predecessors, it could've wrecked the hS/bL meta
Just got my hands on these two days ago - some initial thoughts:

Wizard Layer Wheel - tons of rubber, extremely round. Would probably do well in spin-stealing combos, and might even be decent in same spin stamina matchups. However, it seems to nerf the tightness of whatever GT chip is put on it as it makes the chip a little “raised”.

Fafnir GT Chip - looks like it has three decent teeth. However when on the Wizard wheel, the clicks feel weak. In fact, it feels like it has 6 small clicks instead of 3 normal clicks (something like Ashura).

Ratchet Disk - seems pretty heavy, but the weight looks very central to me. The gimmick only works when the “skirt” is down, which should happen in battles due to gravity. It uses angled teeth at the bottom such that the “skirt” can only turn in one direction.

Rise Driver - with a base so wide, it really is hard to topple. However without being free - spinning, the bey loses stamina like crazy once it tilts. It’ll probably be terrible in same spin stamina battles, and possibly decent in LAD matchups.

Overall - the manufacturing quality of Fafnir seems to be really high. The wheel and chip especially - they have intricate designs that are to gorgeous.

Disclaimer - I’m basing all these opinions on close up inspection and hand spinning them on a table, as I’m on holiday and don’t have access to a stadium nor launcher. Will post more when I get home tomorrow and test.
Saw this video from earlier from a japanese guys where he tested left spin beys with rise as a driver vs pP.Outer.Xtend+

aB.8'L.Rs
hS.8'L.Rs
gF.8'L.Rs

Results:

Outspun pP.Outer.Xtend+ everytime.

I wanted to test this for myself, unfortunately, the wF I ordered will arrive mid-May. Can someone please help test?

(May. 02, 2019  3:57 AM)Isla Wrote: Saw this video from earlier from a japanese guys where he tested left spin beys with rise as a driver vs pP.Outer.Xtend+

aB.8'L.Rs
hS.8'L.Rs
gF.8'L.Rs

Results:

I wanted to test this for myself, unfortunately, the wF I ordered will arrive mid-May. Can someone please help test?

I'd guess Rise is only best for opposite spin but never against same spin. I could've done the tests but I just got the package last night and my week off work has already finished.
(May. 02, 2019  3:57 AM)Isla Wrote: Saw this video from earlier from a japanese guys where he tested left spin beys with rise as a driver vs pP.Outer.Xtend+

aB.8'L.Rs
hS.8'L.Rs
gF.8'L.Rs

Results:

Now, that is something I clearly didn't see coming! It would be really nice if you could share the link.
(May. 02, 2019  10:13 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:

aB.8'L.Rs
hS.8'L.Rs
gF.8'L.Rs

Results:

Now, that is something I clearly didn't see coming! It would be really nice if you could share the link.

https://youtu.be/2edHaIS2KVU

There you go. Thought it was hS and gF, it was actually Spriggans. anyway, enjoy ?

aB.8'L.Rs
hS.8'L.Rs
gF.8'L.Rs

Results:

It was aB.0L.rs not 8'L.
(Apr. 29, 2019  11:40 PM)KnightPro Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2019  4:20 PM)MagixG Wrote: Ngl... The stock combo was made purely for the show-offy fact that it can stand up and spin steal. It makes me wonder if secretly free will return with his OWN Fafnir bey that kept the shock absorption gimmick on the driver and his own layer base. Maybe call it something like Void Fafnir and call the Driver Deaden. I kinda wanna see that actually, VF.??.Dn.?

What... Why would free return with another fafnir bey when Fumiya is here?? This doesn't make any sense lol

I mean, it was just an idea. Who knows, maybe it might happen
Bro, what the actual hecc is going on with the insane price drops for beys, like I just ordered Geist Fafnir for like, $4.38 or so, and now Wizard is going for like, $6-8
Sounds like you're buying fakes. Either that or people are realizing that GT beys have about the same winning potential now as God beys.
(May. 08, 2019  4:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Sounds like you're buying fakes. Either that or people are realizing that GT beys have about the same winning potential now as God beys.

Nope, people are not selling the GT Beys for that cheap.
(May. 08, 2019  5:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(May. 08, 2019  4:38 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Sounds like you're buying fakes. Either that or people are realizing that GT beys have about the same winning potential now as God beys.

Nope, people are not selling the GT Beys for that cheap.

The listing was on Amazon, all reviews were real, the whole thing. And there's no way a Wizard fake could have been made this fast. I highly doubt GT beys will get many fakes anyways.

[Image: wm093a.png]

Also, Slash Valkyrie and Bushin have also had this price drop. They're the same listings I bought from before to get my GT beys.
(May. 08, 2019  5:09 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(May. 08, 2019  5:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Nope, people are not selling the GT Beys for that cheap.

The listing was on Amazon, all reviews were real, the whole thing. And there's no way a Wizard fake could have been made this fast. I highly doubt GT beys will get many fakes anyways.

Also, Slash Valkyrie and Bushin have also had this price drop. They're the same listings I bought from before to get my GT beys.
[quote pid='1517403' dateline='1557331792']
I'd have to check my amazon because that wizard fafnir is the same one I got but when it was more expensive due to it being pre-ordered it's the same Takara Tomy brand too
[/quote]
(May. 08, 2019  5:04 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Nope, people are not selling the GT Beys for that cheap.

Noticed the exact same thing for Wizard. Same seller has Ace Dragon for $11
Know what's funny about Ratchet? In the slim case where a right spin bey hits it and Ratchet locks up, it's just gonna burst you, not give you spin. By design, turning the disk counterclockwise (as a right spin bey would hit it in) is exactly how you unscrew a left-spinning bey. Ratchet's not a spin stealing disk, it's Fafnir's self-destruct button.

On the other hand, this is the opposite on a right spinning layer, where hitting it would tighten it instead and make it "unburst" like Arc Bahamut used to, all while attacking the opponent too. Think it's still not gonna work out because its weight distribution is still trash, but it's funny to think about.
(May. 09, 2019  4:09 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Know what's funny about Ratchet? In the slim case where a right spin bey hits it and Ratchet locks up, it's just gonna burst you, not give you spin. By design, turning the disk counterclockwise (as a right spin bey would hit it in) is exactly how you unscrew a left-spinning bey. Ratchet's not a spin stealing disk, it's Fafnir's self-destruct button.

On the other hand, this is the opposite on a right spinning layer, where hitting it would tighten it instead and make it "unburst" like Arc Bahamut used to, all while attacking the opponent too. Think it's still not gonna work out because its weight distribution is still trash, but it's funny to think about.

Not to mention the locking of Ratchet against right spin hits is actually not "locked" as you would expect, as it was also still spinning a bit when I tried rotating it counterclockwise (maybe a defect, fluke, idk). Add the scrape from the "Frame" of Ratchet along with the Rise Driver, and we have a great self-destructive Bey like Geist Fafnir's stock combo

Either the fakes exist already or the sellers are scam artists who will send something else or not send at all.  Whenever I buy anything on Amazon, just like ebay, I check the seller.  The red highlight from the first two sellers are fishy and the orange highlight seems like a seller, based in China, who sends things with slow international shipping 15-31+ days) and has some packages not arrive at all based on the reviews.  I have never put my complete trust in either Amazon, Yahoo Auctions or eBay so I always double check.

[Image: xlNrOt8.jpg]
(May. 09, 2019  4:09 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Know what's funny about Ratchet? In the slim case where a right spin bey hits it and Ratchet locks up, it's just gonna burst you, not give you spin. By design, turning the disk counterclockwise (as a right spin bey would hit it in) is exactly how you unscrew a left-spinning bey. Ratchet's not a spin stealing disk, it's Fafnir's self-destruct button.

I find this to be a little dramatic considering that this should have been a problem for any previous opposite spin match-ups in which the combos had non-free spinning disk/frame combos. Gimmick-wise, Ratchet should only bring new things to the table. In opposite spin it should spin equalize about the same as the average disk/frame(which is in all likelihood little to none thanks to how little frame-layer contact you should expect,) but it adds that free-spinning element to same-spin matches (at least for left spinning beys, it's vice versa for right-spin i think?) Bottom line is: I don't think right-spin hitting hS.Rt.Br would burst it any more than right spin hitting hS.0W.Br.

Competitively, Ratchet looks like a decent alternative to lift and wall on bearing combos thanks to its weight and slight overhang, and it may have more lad on left-spin combos thanks to it being free-spinning, although that's honestly a stretch. While I do think it's worth testing, that weight distribution looks a little iffy to me, so I'm not gonna hold my breath on it.
(May. 09, 2019  9:39 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote:

I find this to be a little dramatic considering that this should have been a problem for any previous opposite spin match-ups in which the combos had non-free spinning disk/frame combos. Gimmick-wise, Ratchet should only bring new things to the table. In opposite spin it should spin equalize about the same as the average disk/frame(which is in all likelihood little to none thanks to how little frame-layer contact you should expect,) but it adds that free-spinning element to same-spin matches (at least for left spinning beys, it's vice versa for right-spin i think?) Bottom line is: I don't think right-spin hitting hS.Rt.Br would burst it any more than right spin hitting hS.0W.Br.

The difference is that most of these other scenarios have even smaller disks with smoother sides. For instance, Wall has a little texturing but is otherwise a circle with nothing to grab on to like Maximum Garuda, therefore nullifying any hits. Even Bump has so many small points that it's not gonna be all that effective if you hit it. Ratchet is specifically designed to be grabbed onto and is wider than disks with frames, which in turn makes it more impactful to hit assuming it actually locks up as intended. It's just so much more severe to hit it than other things.

I did still say it's still a slim chance it even happens, but by golly Wizard makes Fafnir's teeth give way so easily that it really doesn't take much energy going straight into the disk from that direction to tear it apart and the disk only aids that. One good hit probably does it in unless it's really late in the match.
(May. 09, 2019  12:45 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: The difference is that most of these other scenarios have even smaller disks with smoother sides. For instance, Wall has a little texturing but is otherwise a circle with nothing to grab on to like Maximum Garuda, therefore nullifying any hits. Even Bump has so many small points that it's not gonna be all that effective if you hit it. Ratchet is specifically designed to be grabbed onto and is wider than disks with frames, which in turn makes it more impactful to hit assuming it actually locks up as intended. It's just so much more severe to hit it than other things.

I did still say it's still a slim chance it even happens, but by golly Wizard makes Fafnir's teeth give way so easily that it really doesn't take much energy going straight into the disk from that direction to tear it apart and the disk only aids that. One good hit probably does it in unless it's really late in the match.

Has this happened while you were using a ratchet combo? I’m honestly not convinced that this would be such a big problem. The majority of the bey’s momentum comes from the disk, not the layer, and bursts usually happen when the bey is struck counter to its rotation. There are of course opposite spin bursts which are caused by one bey spinning too hard against the other, but even in that case the major reason is the disk’s inertia compared to force of impact on the layer (which is still in a direction counter to the rotation of the disk/driver.) In the case of later-to-disk contact in opposite spin with ratchet, I’d still expect the the attacking bey to be more likely to burst. The attacking bey should not be able to impart enough force to accelerate the ratchet combo enough to skip teeth without skipping its own teeth first. Kinda like how beys self burst when hard launched against opposite spin because it take less force for them to skip teeth than it does for them to impart spin on the opposing layer. Furthermore, because the ratchet combo’s layer is already spinning the same direction as the disk/driver, the force applied to the ratchet combo is applied in the same direction that the layer was already spinning, which I would expect to lead to a less dramatic acceleration as compared the acceleration of the attacking layer, where the force of impact is counter to the direction the disk and driver where spinning.

Layers generally weigh less than disks+frames+drivers, and so unless the attacking bey has a really light disk (in which case it may not even have the momentum to accelerate the ratchet combo,) it still would take the brunt of the impact trying to accelerate ratchet. Don’t get me wrong, I do think it’s a possibility if the layers weigh enough, but it’s looking like Takara Tomy is being relatively chill on the layer-side weight creep with this new system.

So, I wouldn’t expect this to be the achilles heel you are making out to be, and I would really hate to see people write this disk off before testing it the way people didn’t seriously use lift/wall for a while for fear of scraping issues. Unless I’m misunderstanding you and you have actually experienced this problem in physical testing I would really prefer we didn't condemn parts for theoretical problems like this.
(May. 09, 2019  8:08 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: *snip*

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "condemning" Ratchet. Maybe I hyped its flaw a bit too much, sure, but it's just something I noticed about its design and pointed out. It wasn't meant as a "OMG you guys don't use this evar!" sort of post as much as a "did they even realize this was a possibility?" sorta thing. You've sorta taken it and ran far further than I ever meant for it to go tbh.

Even then, after smacking some layers against Ratchet directly by hand, I've noticed Wizard Fafnir usually takes more damage than the attacker. My guess is that it's because Wizard raises the chip up a bit too high, and therefore makes its teeth significantly weaker. It's still quite the fluke to have this happen in a match to begin with as I've said multiple times now so it's not like it's a big thing, but it's still a flaw nonetheless.