[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

(Apr. 20, 2019  7:09 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: On my first watch of the video I though the disc on Rise was free spinning, making it like a Destroy with a Sharp tip, but as pointed out, it doesn't move at all, making Rise just a sharp tip with a little extra LAD. I had high original hopes for Rise, but now it seems like it will only be around Survive in usefulness.

Even if it doesn’t freespinning it allows a spin steal combo to never fall over which seems like it would make up for having low stamina when used on a spin steal combo.
(Apr. 20, 2019  7:09 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: On my first watch of the video I though the disc on Rise was free spinning, making it like a Destroy with a Sharp tip, but as pointed out, it doesn't move at all, making Rise just a sharp tip with a little extra LAD. I had high original hopes for Rise, but now it seems like it will only be around Survive in usefulness.
Xt+ Is the Reason Rise still can be great
(Apr. 20, 2019  10:37 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
Xt+ Is the Reason Rise still can be great

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that.
(Apr. 20, 2019  10:38 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2019  10:37 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Xt+ Is the Reason Rise still can be great

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that.

Xt+ didn't rely on having a free-spinning piece to have amazing LAD, so Rise stands a chance.
(Apr. 20, 2019  11:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2019  10:38 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that.

Xt+ didn't rely on having a free-spinning piece to have amazing LAD, so Rise stands a chance.

Lol that makes way more sense. I seriously thought you expected for there to be a rise+ in the future that was freespinning lol.
(Apr. 21, 2019  12:14 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2019  11:05 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Xt+ didn't rely on having a free-spinning piece to have amazing LAD, so Rise stands a chance.

Lol that makes way more sense. I seriously thought you expected for there to be a rise+ in the future that was freespinning lol.

The only reason Xt+ had amazing LAD was due to the POM Xtend Chip. Unless the wide dish of Rise is either free-spinning or POM material, it just will probably scrape too much to be of use for pure LAD beast combos.
There’s actually a short amount of false information within the comment you sent. In fact, the Xtend+ Chip is not constructed with POM material at all, but was constructed with standard plastic that all drivers use. The real reason that Xtend+ had the advantage of extra LAD was because of the ultra wide base that came with it, very low to the surface of the stadium to reduce destabilisation.
(Apr. 21, 2019  4:49 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: There’s actually a short amount of false information within the comment you sent. In fact, the Xtend+ Chip is not constructed with POM material at all, but was constructed with standard plastic that all drivers use. The real reason that Xtend+ had the advantage of extra LAD was because of the ultra wide base that came with it, very low to the surface of the stadium to reduce destabilisation.

Huh, I could've sworn I've heard some Japanese Beytubers mention POM for the Xtend Chip before during the time they were reviewing the set it came with and versus battles using XT+, and it felt smoother than the original Chip the Xtend Driver came with. 

If that's the case though, then maybe, just maybe, Rise may have something to go on for the meta
Mostly saying, the wider the base and the lower if is towards the surface, the more LAD the driver had, similar to drivers like Revolve, Eternal, Hold, max Variable, max Evolution, Destroy and Bearing, which all have very wide bases low to the ground. Variable and Evolution had the LAD effect due to the fact that their fully worn versions of them were very wide, despite the fact that they had rubber in them. Xtend didn’t have such thing due to the very small diameter of the base, something Xtend+ unnecessarily improved on by adding a wide, slightly raised base above the smaller base.

Anyway, Rise’s slightly raised base makes for a strong point in LAD, enough to let the opponent spin out or accidentally strike the bey if it had a Fafnir layer.
In other words it’s basically the wide defense of burst.
(Apr. 21, 2019  5:00 AM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: In other words it’s basically the wide defense of burst.

Probably closer to Fusion Hades' Sharp Wide Defense, which is ironic since Fusion Hades also had a rubber-based 4D fusion wheel to it.

Really, I think a lot will matter on its molding. Sometimes Stamina tips work out great, like the Eternal from Archer Hercules' stock while other releases of Eternal seem to be pretty terrible. If it's a good mold it might be usable, if it's not it'll probably be ignored.
I cant wait! I'm a huge fan of Free and all of his beys!
(Apr. 21, 2019  1:17 PM)imkdlou Wrote: I cant wait! I'm a huge fan of Free and all of his beys!

free is not coming back sadly. There's a new owner called fumiya
(Apr. 21, 2019  3:25 PM)The Lord Zeus Wrote: is this a spin steal bey or not

its is lol
(Apr. 21, 2019  3:25 PM)The Lord Zeus Wrote: is this a spin steal bey or not

Yes it is. Fafnir always is (their effectiveness may vary) but yeah this one definitely is a spin stealer.
Fafnir isn't the spin stealing part, Wizard is the spin stealing part.

Does anyone know what the teeth on Fafnir will be like?
(Apr. 21, 2019  3:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Fafnir isn't the spin stealing part, Wizard is the spin stealing part.

I think they would be like giest fafnir or maybe archer Hercules

Hopefully like in the anime wizard fafnir can spin steal no launch or hand spin!
(Apr. 21, 2019  3:53 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Fafnir isn't the spin stealing part, Wizard is the spin stealing part.

I was referring to the fafnir line itself. and its teeth are on par with dragon.

(Apr. 21, 2019  3:56 PM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: I think they would be like giest fafnir or maybe archer Hercules

Hopefully like in the anime wizard fafnir can spin steal no launch or hand spin!

It can that was the focus of the last video so yeah it might be the most potent spin stealer we have got so far.
Wow, not much notifications on this one, probably might have more people commenting once it is released on the 27th.

From the looks of it, WzFf Sen Layer might be the best spin equalizer due to its shape being reminiscent of dF which is not aggressive but can easily Burst opposite spins with the correct launch angle and force early on. I really doubt its viability against same spin, unless Rise is actually almost as tall as Volcanic or Revolve at least (to avoid being hit consistently on the Layer). That also goes without saying that it is currently possibly going to be the strongest left spin equalizer on the meta, replacing dF and Sr as being the most circular spin steal Beys.

Off topic: I've been thinking that possibly we won't have a Longinus GT Bey since Ace Dragon has already taken on the "Dragon Attack" category, albeit being a right spin; that, plus the fact that they'll have to pump Longinus' (unnamed) Base with lots of metal since that was the primary gimmick of it since L2, which will cause lots of strain for the existing Launchers released for them to launch the said Bey especially on tankier combos.
(Apr. 25, 2019  4:36 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Wow, not much notifications on this one, probably might have more people commenting once it is released on the 27th.

From the looks of it, WzFf Sen Layer might be the best spin equalizer due to its shape being reminiscent of dF which is not aggressive but can easily Burst opposite spins with the correct launch angle and force early on. I really doubt its viability against same spin, unless Rise is actually almost as tall as Volcanic or Revolve at least (to avoid being hit consistently on the Layer). That also goes without saying that it is currently possibly going to be the strongest left spin equalizer on the meta, replacing dF and Sr as being the most circular spin steal Beys.

Off topic: I've been thinking that possibly we won't have a Longinus GT Bey since Ace Dragon has already taken on the "Dragon Attack" category, albeit being a right spin; that, plus the fact that they'll have to pump Longinus' (unnamed) Base with lots of metal since that was the primary gimmick of it since L2, which will cause lots of strain for the existing Launchers released for them to launch the said Bey especially on tankier combos.

It really doesn't need to have much metal to work. If they try weight creeping the layers again, for all we know metal might start making appearances in bases.
Didn't we have omega dragonis and meteo ldrago in the same season both being dragon attack beys? But nevertheless, I doubt longinus will be in this series and any after this, just because he did not even have that big of a role in choz. Besides, don't we get better launchers from time to time? The launcher that came with choz achilles could withstand its sock combo weight, couldn't it? L2 got a string launcher with it. So this possible longinus could also feature a new launcher. I feel like every season ought to have an influential left spin bey (though I don't know why). This season has wizard fafnir but that doesn't stop from longinus having chance of appearing here.
Plus, without GT system and the possibility of customization increasing multifold, I doubt fafnir will be the sole left spin bey of the season. They could very well introduce a new bey, but why bother when you have a bey that has had crazy battles whichever season it may be and has been a classic enemy but not evil kinda antagonist which I like.
(Apr. 25, 2019  12:32 PM)Triumph Wrote: [Image: KU7fPFF.jpg]

Looks sick. I guess they utterly scrapped Geist Fafnir's design and went back to the drawing board for the concept of Wizard Fafnir, going back to Drain Fafnir's more circular and passive design. if Shu comes back with another dual spin Spriggan in GT with the similar concept as Sr, imma lose it.