[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

So the blue and white one, is that a rare recolor variant that it can show up as?
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:19 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: So the blue and white one, is that a rare recolor variant that it can show up as?

That's probably going to be a WBBA exclusive like the Drain Fafnir in ice blue recolor. I'm quite disappointed that Geist Fafnir never had any recolors so far (from what I remember)
Ratchet and rise are essentially ultra wide parts with the ability to hold its ground without spinning and even keep its posture after being toppled to the stadium.
Rise will hold the bey upward while Ratchet will simply glide along the stadium to prevent further stamina loss, allowing Wizard Fafnir to lose the least spin while taking any spin from its opponents using the nearly 90% rubber perimeter.
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:19 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: So the blue and white one, is that a rare recolor variant that it can show up as?

That's probably going to be a WBBA exclusive like the Drain Fafnir in ice blue recolor. I'm quite disappointed that Geist Fafnir never had any recolors so far (from what I remember)

It's not WBBA exclusive, but a COROCORO lottery that only 100 people will get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4pihze9wKA&t=200s

So Ratchet is free spinning to the right and not free spinning to the left, really interesting
Next TakaraTomy video confirms left bases are used with left chips only and right bases are used with right chips only.

Now there you have it.

25 minutes ago.
Is it just me or does rise create a movement like xtend+ attack mode (weak launched) when it touches the flat portion of the tip?
(Apr. 19, 2019  5:33 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2019  4:22 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: That's probably going to be a WBBA exclusive like the Drain Fafnir in ice blue recolor. I'm quite disappointed that Geist Fafnir never had any recolors so far (from what I remember)

It's not WBBA exclusive, but a COROCORO lottery that only 100 people will get.

I see, I stand corrected. In that case, it's gonna be quite valuable that you'd probably smack anyone who dares to use those in tournaments like they're easily reproduced ahahaha
(Apr. 19, 2019  8:06 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: Next TakaraTomy video confirms left bases are used with left chips only and right bases are used with right chips only.

Now there you have it.

25 minutes ago.

In the video they mention the rubber on Wizard Fafnir is softer than previous Fafnir beys
(Apr. 19, 2019  11:51 AM)Blader92 Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2019  8:06 AM)IronFace879 Wrote: Next TakaraTomy video confirms left bases are used with left chips only and right bases are used with right chips only.

Now there you have it.

25 minutes ago.

In the video they mention the rubber on Wizard Fafnir is softer than previous Fafnir beys

That is probably to facilitate a better grip for spin stealing. It was actually a good video highlight, but was actually disappointed that Rise has no free spinning plate to aid in LAD, since the dish might only increase scrape-fest and hinder spin time. The movement pattern of it reminds me of Vise Leopard stock combo when Lift scrapes on the tornado ridge and loses lots of spin
(Apr. 19, 2019  12:00 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Apr. 19, 2019  11:51 AM)Blader92 Wrote: In the video they mention the rubber on Wizard Fafnir is softer than previous Fafnir beys

That is probably to facilitate a better grip for spin stealing. It was actually a good video highlight, but was actually disappointed that Rise has no free spinning plate to aid in LAD, since the dish might only increase scrape-fest and hinder spin time. The movement pattern of it reminds me of Vise Leopard stock combo when Lift scrapes on the tornado ridge and loses lots of spin

I get the feeling that new rules might have to be made for this bey, not sure how tournaments will work. Does the round even start if you never launched the Beyblade ? 

Not sure how it will do against other left spins, it’ll probably be ?
You have to launch it with a launcher in WBO tournaments. You can't just put it in there. It's like hand spinning times 10, leaving it in the stadium. Not allowed. It's fun to watch another bey start it spinning, but that's not valid in tournaments.
So yeah this pretty much confirms that left chips cannot fit with right layers.
Why are all of the new beys price are going so high

can anybody tell me hasbro and takara tommy are best company but why are they pricing the bey so high
(Apr. 19, 2019  1:42 PM)The Lord Zeus Wrote: Why are all of the new beys price are going so high

can anybody tell me hasbro and takara tommy are best company but why are they pricing the bey so high

They are the only companies
GT beys have more parts. They cost more to make. Therefore the price goes up.
(Apr. 19, 2019  5:48 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: GT beys have more parts. They cost more to make. Therefore the price goes up.

Not to mention it also gives them the incentive to put normal light launchers instead of the carp proto-launchers that just suck ahahaha

Might've preferred a Left Beylauncher like Lost Longinus, but I'm not gonna nitpick on a Beyblade release that has all-new parts that might be as competitive as Archer Hercules ootb.
(Apr. 20, 2019  1:35 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Not to mention it also gives them the incentive to put normal light launchers instead of the carp proto-launchers that just suck ahahaha

Might've preferred a Left Beylauncher like Lost Longinus, but I'm not gonna nitpick on a Beyblade release that has all-new parts that might be as competitive as Archer Hercules ootb.

I generally prefer the light launchers over string most of the time, as long as a long enough ripcord is available.

Now I have to wonder if there's a Left Long Light Launcher out there. If so, I need to find one STAT.
(Apr. 20, 2019  6:16 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2019  1:35 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Not to mention it also gives them the incentive to put normal light launchers instead of the carp proto-launchers that just suck ahahaha

I generally prefer the light launchers over string most of the time, as long as a long enough ripcord is available.

Now I have to wonder if there's a Left Long Light Launcher out there. If so, I need to find one STAT.

There wasn't a Light Launcher L sold with a Long Winder, but the Phoenix Winder and Long Winder work with the Light Launcher L, since it's the same gear as the right one except upside down.
Do you guys think rise and ratchet will have any competitive use? I think ratchet might be good with bearing ( have to know its weight) or atleast in right spin xtend + combos because it spins toward the right. It might be the hurricane of right spin( maybe better. Who knows?). I said that because I heard hurricane better for left spin than right spin.

Ratchet will probably see only niche uses or in fun combos.

All of these are just my guesses. Free for opinions.

Oh, wait a second, if ratchet spins towards right, then it should be better for left spin ,right?
(Apr. 20, 2019  2:06 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Do you guys think rise and ratchet will have any competitive use? I think ratchet might be good with bearing ( have to know its weight) or atleast in right spin xtend + combos because it spins toward the right. It might be the hurricane of right spin( maybe better. Who knows?). I said that because I heard hurricane better for left spin than right spin.

Ratchet will probably see only niche uses or in fun combos.

All of these are just my guesses. Free for opinions.

Oh, wait a second, if ratchet spins towards right, then it should be better for left spin ,right?

Ratchet was designed specifically to increase LAD in Left-Spin, but it supposedly also increases Defense on Left-Spin combos by either deflecting attacks or stopping KOs by scraping and spinning.
I don't necessarily see this combo being used in the current meta, especially with a lot of combos that are left-spin or have a counter to the somewhat fading zombie meta. The softer rubber and a larger amount of rubber will result in demise but also benefit.
(Apr. 20, 2019  2:47 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: I don't necessarily see this combo being used in the current meta, especially with a lot of combos that are left-spin or have a counter to the somewhat fading zombie meta. The softer rubber and a larger amount of rubber will result in demise but also benefit.

I think its use will be determined primarily on two things:

1: Being a good counter to right spin beys.
2: Right spin becoming a problem against other left spin beys.

Testing seems to be showing that Slash Valkyrie on Xtreme' can KO some of the metas top Defense/Stamina threats like Hell Salamander, which gives 2 some serious consideration. 1 seems particularly plausible as well, since its rubber bumpers could easily act like a cushion to hinder all the right spin Attack types out there and dominate anything with less raw Attack power through its equalization. I've said it before, but I think we're gonna end up with a bit of a Rock/Paper/Scissors sort of lineup as long as strong right-spin Attack types have a hold on the metagame.

And really, having counters doesn't make it unusable. Everything should have something that consistently beats it if used well. All it does is make you have to think about what you're going to face and which beys to use, both which are good things. As long as its strong enough to be used, it'll see its way there as long as it has something it can beat well.
On my first watch of the video I though the disc on Rise was free spinning, making it like a Destroy with a Sharp tip, but as pointed out, it doesn't move at all, making Rise just a sharp tip with a little extra LAD. I had high original hopes for Rise, but now it seems like it will only be around Survive in usefulness.
I'm guessing the Cosmo/Cosmic layer base will be used to counter. CV.00B.Br Ten. Ds', Q', and Vl' could be used for tornado stalling as well.