[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

(Apr. 15, 2019  2:31 PM)Crumok Wrote: Wait a minute....

Can we make any GT base left spin if we put the Fabril gachinko chip in it? If so, that slash base will be mighty interesting.

No, we can't.

Can we make any GT base left spin if we put the Fabril gachinko chip in it? If so, that slash base will be mighty interesting.

I think you mean "make any GT Layer a left-spin type". Then the answer is "yes". (XD)

"黄金の龍ファブニルモチーフ。標準的な4つのロックを持つ左回転のガチンコチップ。"
"Golden dragon Fafnir motif. A left-rotating GaTinko chip with four standard locks."

Based upon the info from the description, GaTinko Chip determine the direction of rotation of a GT Layer. The Bases determine the weapons that a Beyblade uses in battle.

Takara Tomy really has compartmentalizes the functions of each parts with the GaTinko Layer System!
(Apr. 15, 2019  2:43 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote:

I think you mean "make any GT <b>Layer</b> a left-spin type". Then the answer is "yes". (XD)

"Golden dragon Fafnir motif. A left-rotating GaTinko chip with four standard locks."

Based upon the info from the description, GaTinko Chip determine the direction of rotation of a GT Layer. The Bases determine the weapons that a Beyblade uses in battle.

Takara Tomy really has compartmentalizes the functions of each parts with the GaTinko Layer System!

The left spin chip isn't compatible, if you look at the teeth positioning of right and left spin layers then you'll know they shift slightly, because of that the teeth on Fafnir won't fit onto any right spin GT layers.
(Apr. 15, 2019  2:49 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  2:43 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: I think you mean "make any GT <b>Layer</b> a left-spin type". Then the answer is "yes". (XD)

The left spin chip isn't compatible, if you look at the teeth positioning of right and left spin layers then you'll know they shift slightly, because of that the teeth on Fafnir won't fit onto any right spin GT layers.

Yeah, after correcting me I went to check the differences between left and right spinning beys and noticed that as well. I always assumed it was the teeth that determined if it locked left or right.

I think you mean "make any GT Layer a left-spin type". Then the answer is "yes". (XD)

They actually refer to the GT layers as "Base" now. https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts/

That's why I used that term over layer in this case.
Well let's think about it. That could be because the Fafnir Chip is being used. This could be the natural position of all GT Layer takes when using it. This seems to be the behavior of the twisting motion used to lock a left-spin Layer in place. This is likely to happen with any right-spin GaTinko Chip is used on the Wizard Base, but reversed.

It would be an unusual oversight to limit the customization potential of a part this way. I'm putting my money on the assembly theory.
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:01 PM)Crumok Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  2:49 PM)Jinbee Wrote: The left spin chip isn't compatible, if you look at the teeth positioning of right and left spin layers then you'll know they shift slightly, because of that the teeth on Fafnir won't fit onto any right spin GT layers.

Yeah, after correcting me I went to check the differences between left and right spinning beys and noticed that as well. I always assumed it was the teeth that determined if it locked left or right.

(Apr. 15, 2019  2:43 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: I think you mean "make any GT Layer a left-spin type". Then the answer is "yes". (XD)

They actually refer to the GT layers as "Base" now. https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts/

He is referring to the whole GT Layer as he uses the word base later on.

If what you are saying is correct, take out the GT Chip and assemble the Beyblade. You will find it still locks right.
It seems way too risky to allow anyone to make any Beyblade Left Spin. This would be extremely dangerous with some bases (Slash Valkyrie), and I highly doubt they’ll allow that.
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:07 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:01 PM)Crumok Wrote: Yeah, after correcting me I went to check the differences between left and right spinning beys and noticed that as well. I always assumed it was the teeth that determined if it locked left or right.

He is referring to the whole GT Layer as he uses the word base later on.

I skimmed right over that. My bad.
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:07 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: If what you are saying is correct, take out the GT Chip and assemble the Beyblade. You will find it still locks right.

Alright. I believe I can explain how Fafnir works versus other right-spin GT Chips. The GT Chips are designed to facilitate the normal anatomy of other Layers in how they prevents assembly for any direction other than what they were designed for.

I don't have pix, (but for anyone owning a GT Bey), if you look at the GT Chip and how assembles with a GT Base, you'll notice that sides divided by the gap of the GT Chip and how they fit into the GT Base have differentiating heights: one long, one short. (Because all other GT Chips are right-spin, currently) The long side extends over the GT Base which prevents assembly for left-spin by acting as a buffer between the GT Base and the Driver, which is why you can't push it into the Driver on that side and why the Driver stops short at that point. The short side provides the proper passage for the proper Launcher and twisting action for right-spin assembly.

Now imagine all of what I just described and flip that, and you'll get how (I imagine) the Fafnir GT Chip works. The long & short sides are switched allowing for left-spin. It's anatomy is a mirrored version of existing GT Chips.

If you think about it, from Legend Spriggan to Cho-Z Spriggan, their teeth weren't special; and it could get in both spin directions because they you can switch the buffers.

From what I examined from my GT Beys, the GT Bases had not design element that would prevent launching in either direction. The surfaces across are all level and symmetrical, and I was able to slide the Launcher tabs in either direction.

I know we can't verify anything yet, but based on their anatomy alone, I'm certain that the GT Chips (not the Bases) determine spin direction for the entire GT Layer and that Fafnir will enable any GT Layer using it to be launched in left-spin.

Wait...
I stand corrected. I was looking at the Launcher passages and such so closely that I completely overlooked the bottom port. SMH! That's what everyone was talking about! I see now.

So we do have spin-exclusive Layer parts after all. Well I guess this works out for the Spriggan Beys. (XD)
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:52 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  3:07 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: If what you are saying is correct, take out the GT Chip and assemble the Beyblade. You will find it still locks right.

So I've actually tried to do it with my Ashura and... well admittedly it actually almost fits, I won't lie this worked better than I expected. However, I did try twist the driver and disk all the way to the very end of where the disks would normally line up in a fully assembled left spin, but the disk doesn't go that far down. I lined up the two tabs on the drivers centre to the opposite side of the layers hole but as soon as those two tabs proceeded to where the teeth would be, the disk doesn't go all the way through, and moving it past wouldn't make sense. Keep in mind that I'm not using the chip, I just used the disk, driver and the Bushin layer.

Kinda hard to explain so if it's hard to picture, I'll try and do a diagram.

EDIT: I just saw your edited comment, never mind haha.
I'm kinda relieved. brandbrick made a good point about have the freedom of using any GT Base in left-spin. That would be insane.

But it's odd: Why would they specify the Fafnir Chip as a "left-rotating GaTinko Chip" and not the Wizard GT Base? This still makes me wonder...

I guess we'll hafta wait until the release.
(Apr. 15, 2019  4:16 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: I'm kinda relieved. brandbrick made a good point about have the freedom of using any GT Base in left-spin. That would be insane.

But it's odd: Why would they specify the Fafnir Chip as a "left-rotating GaTinko Chip" and not the Wizard GT Base? This still makes me wonder...

Yeah, that specification is what confused me as well.
(Apr. 15, 2019  4:20 PM)Crumok Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  4:16 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote: I'm kinda relieved. brandbrick made a good point about have the freedom of using any GT Base in left-spin. That would be insane.

Yeah, that specification is what confused me as well.

I certain that my statement is true: that Fafnir's anatomy mirrors existing GT Chips. But it seems that both GT Chip and Bases are specifically designed from a specific spin direction. How existing GT Chips and Bases interact with each other supports this. After I realized my error, I couldn't constructed a feasible explanation of how the GT Chip alone could dictate spin direction with out complimenting design elements from GT Bases, given the interplay of their anatomy with each other.

So that would suggest the spin direction is certainly determined by both Chip AND Base. I'm kinda excited to find out.
(Apr. 15, 2019  5:15 PM)Ganjulus.34M.L Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2019  4:20 PM)Crumok Wrote: Yeah, that specification is what confused me as well.

I certain that my statement is true: that Fafnir's anatomy mirrors existing GT Chips. But it seems that both GT Chip and Bases are specifically designed from a specific spin direction. How existing GT Chips and Bases interact with each other supports this. After I realized my error, I couldn't constructed a feasible explanation of how the GT Chip alone could dictate spin direction with out complimenting design elements from GT Bases, given the interplay of their anatomy with each other.

So that would suggest the spin direction is certainly determined by both Chip AND Base. I'm kinda excited to find out.

Ditto. 

I'm also exited to see how the modders make use of this. I'm sure someone will figure out how to get it to fit in all GT bases/layers.
Wizard Fafnir isn’t even touching the stadium in that image. They know Ratchet is too low to work

Though its size makes me think it can be used in place of Wall...
(Apr. 16, 2019  2:19 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Wizard Fafnir isn’t even touching the stadium in that image. They know Ratchet is too low to work

Whoever there graphics designer is need a pst on the back, then a punch to the face. Rhis mistake could have been easily avoided if they were just careful
(Apr. 16, 2019  2:19 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Wizard Fafnir isn’t even touching the stadium in that image. They know Ratchet is too low to work

If it weighs more than 00W, then it might have some viability for use with Bearing
(Apr. 16, 2019  3:22 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:

Whoever there graphics designer is need a pst on the back, then a punch to the face. Rhis mistake could have been easily avoided if they were just careful

You do know that if a bey is in the center and another bey is attacking from a tilt/flower pattern launch because of both the tilt and stadium elevation they will likely hit the disc right, like, that's a common thing that happens fairly often. Not to mention, in this case they seem to be showcasing Fafnir being knocked around from previous attacks ie, which lifted it off the ground by a bit. Beys hit discs way more often then I see people keep saying they do. My Blitz disc has managed to hit other beys a handful of times and even has shown a little bit of wear on its wings and it DOES make a difference.

To be fair, the Bey it's going against has the Volcanic Driver. Maybe if they had compared it to a Right-Spin Bey on Jolt, Eternal, Yard, or other short Drivers, the disk-to-layer contact would've looked more realistic. Plus, other disks with gimmicks like Sting don't work that well either. Ratchet's main use will be increasing left-spin LAD.

A Japanese YouTuber called namaste made a prototype Wizard Fafnir that looks and acts pretty much exactly how WF is meant to act: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jutk9bZBh5Q
Is the driver just a sharp with a disc around it? No gimmicks or anything, right?
(Apr. 16, 2019  7:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: A Japanese YouTuber called namaste made a prototype Wizard Fafnir that looks and acts pretty much exactly how WF is meant to act: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jutk9bZBh5Q

namaste is not a Japanese YouTuber, but a Taiwan YouTuber instead. And most his video are just rubbish.
(Apr. 17, 2019  9:33 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2019  7:23 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: A Japanese YouTuber called namaste made a prototype Wizard Fafnir that looks and acts pretty much exactly how WF is meant to act: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jutk9bZBh5Q

namaste is not a Japanese YouTuber, but a Taiwan YouTuber instead. And most his video are just rubbish.

Oof, I'm very dumb. Either way, the WF prototype acts very similarly to what the description says it should act like, so it's not all bad.
(Apr. 17, 2019  9:33 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

Rubbish? I watched some of his other videos and he made a similar prototype for ace dragon before it had even been fully revealed that looks almost exactly like the real thing.

My god, this thing really can stand, what kind of magic is this?

Fafnir seems to have good teeth, almost better than usual.

Ratchet is super super cool!

... The cone on Rise is stationary isn't it?... so it's essentially a giant Fusion. I cannot wait for Fafnirs inevitable Counter Break move then.