[Product]  B-139 Starter Wizard Fafnir.Rt.Rs 閃

Hope Wizard is good
gF was not as competitive as dF because of the Gimmick on gF
So I guess WF will be as competitive as dF was
(Apr. 13, 2019  7:37 AM)LegendSonu Wrote: Hope Wizard is good

im pretty sure wizard fafnir is going to be very competitive because of the shape. It has less recoil then its predecessor and it also has A LOT of rubber on it. I think the layer weight is probably going to be the heaviest layer weight because it fills up all six gaps aswell. The disk looks meh because it can only freespin to the left so the LAD might be less effective. Hurricane is probably the best for wizard fafnir because it can freespin to the left and right but who knows? maybe the disk could be really good. The driver looks interesting it can freespin and looks like a nothing , absorb , and guard all combined.
(Apr. 13, 2019  3:11 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:

im pretty sure wizard fafnir is going to be very competitive because of the shape. It has less recoil then its predecessor and it also has A LOT of rubber on it. I think the layer weight is probably going to be the heaviest layer weight because it fills up all six gaps aswell. The disk looks meh because it can only freespin to the left so the LAD might be less effective. Hurricane is probably the best for wizard fafnir because it can freespin to the left and right but who knows? maybe the disk could be really good. The driver looks interesting it can freespin and looks like a nothing , absorb , and guard all combined.

I'm hoping they don't pull another 8' with this layer weight. Still can't wrap my head around that one.
(Apr. 13, 2019  3:38 PM)Crumok Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2019  3:11 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: im pretty sure wizard fafnir is going to be very competitive because of the shape. It has less recoil then its predecessor and it also has A LOT of rubber on it. I think the layer weight is probably going to be the heaviest layer weight because it fills up all six gaps aswell. The disk looks meh because it can only freespin to the left so the LAD might be less effective. Hurricane is probably the best for wizard fafnir because it can freespin to the left and right but who knows? maybe the disk could be really good. The driver looks interesting it can freespin and looks like a nothing , absorb , and guard all combined.

I'm hoping they don't pull another 8' with this layer weight. Still can't wrap my head around that one.

8' sucks LOL
(Apr. 13, 2019  3:11 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote:

Actually, if you think about it, Ratchet's free-spinning part only spins counterclockwise because it's meant to deflect attacks from other left spin Beys. Therefore, Ratchet increases LAD for left spin Beys.
(Apr. 13, 2019  4:08 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: 8' sucks LOL

Less than you think. 8 would've been pretty good if it didn't burst all the time, and is actually seen on Cho-Z Spriggan and Cho-Z Achilles from time to time as they can stop bursts so well. 8' is similar in design and functionality, but seems to be a little harder to burst just in general.

Honestly I feel like a lot of people underrate 8' because Geist Fafnir had serious bursting problems, even though that's much more of a problem with the layer than the disk. It's really not as bad as you think it is.
(Apr. 13, 2019  5:30 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2019  4:08 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: 8' sucks LOL

Less than you think. 8 would've been pretty good if it didn't burst all the time, and is actually seen on Cho-Z Spriggan and Cho-Z Achilles from time to time as they can stop bursts so well. 8' is similar in design and functionality, but seems to be a little harder to burst just in general.

Honestly I feel like a lot of people underrate 8' because Geist Fafnir had serious bursting problems, even though that's much more of a problem with the layer than the disk. It's really not as bad as you think it is.
Cho-Z Achilles has horrible burst resistance.
(Apr. 13, 2019  6:00 PM)g2_ Wrote: Cho-Z Achilles has horrible burst resistance.

Not really. It doesn't have the same burst resistance of Cho-Z Valkyrie and Cho-Z Spriggan, but it's far from terrible. A ' driver fixes any issues it would have on that front anyways.

We're getting a bit off topic though.
(Apr. 13, 2019  7:36 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Apr. 13, 2019  6:00 PM)g2_ Wrote: Cho-Z Achilles has horrible burst resistance.

Not really. It doesn't have the same burst resistance of Cho-Z Valkyrie and Cho-Z Spriggan, but it's far from terrible. A ' driver fixes any issues it would have on that front anyways.

We're getting a bit off topic though.

OK, but if I'm honest, Bushin Ashura sucks
(Apr. 13, 2019  7:38 PM)g2_ Wrote: OK, but if I'm honest, Bushin Ashura sucks

And this is still off topic. Let's try to get back to discussing Wizard Fafnir here.

Honestly, I'm just hoping a Wizard V. Wizard match doesn't send both beys flying all over like a Meteo L-Drago mirror match does.
I thought the performance tip was going to be bouncy like absorb or nothing.
(Apr. 13, 2019  9:23 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote: So how does Ratchet work exactly?

Think Hurricane but only one way. Against Left Spin opponents, it will free spin like Hurricane. Against Right Spin opponents, it like lock in place, hooking into the opponent's Layer in improving spin equalization
wizard fafnir is going to dominate the metagame like drain did
A good explanation for ratchet is the Kries fusion wheel. It could only rotate to one side.
Definitely gonna get one of this, where every part is new and all centered on spin equalization. And I love the fact that the GT Beys are getting chonkier per new release, making previous Layers pre-Chouzetsu except notable ones like the Banana in God quite obsolete
(Apr. 13, 2019  10:22 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: wizard fafnir is going to dominate the metagame like drain did
You can’t say that when there are beys like Spriggan Requiem, which does the same thing, but better.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think that ratchet is going to be stuck for right spining opponents... To increase spin stealing... But it will spin freely for left spinning opponents... That means that it can onli free spin to the right side... Not sure but I think that is what translation said?
(Apr. 13, 2019  11:17 PM)vrikolakaz7 Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong but I think that ratchet is going to be stuck for right spining opponents... To increase spin stealing... But it will spin freely for left spinning opponents... That means that it can onli free spin to the right side... Not sure but I think that is what translation said?

This is true. It only spins when it scrapes the ground on a Left-Spin combination or when hit by a Left-Spin Bey.
Ratchet is actually designed well, since if Fafnir doesn’t have an advantage against the opponent, it will gain an advantage
I'm willing to bet that the Youtubers who get this Bey early are gonna do the no-spin to 100% spin vid like dF against all right spins so far
(Apr. 14, 2019  3:12 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'm willing to bet that the Youtubers who get this Bey early are gonna do the no-spin to 100% spin vid like dF against all right spins so far

BBGS will also use left spin against them
(Apr. 13, 2019  10:22 PM)Hussainthetank Wrote: wizard fafnir is going to dominate the metagame like drain did
Or not. hS will prob be the preferred pick despite wF "amazing performance".

(Apr. 14, 2019  3:12 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I'm willing to bet that the Youtubers who get this Bey early are gonna do the no-spin to 100% spin vid like dF against all right spins so far
Can't blame em. Usually, these vids get clicked on a lot...
Lol. Like BBG's drain Fafnir vs Spriggan requiem video XD